Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Sabine also designed a machine that would fry the folks wearing beskar, and also empire armour
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Bo Can walk both worlds of mandos interesting... curious where the beskar is from as the empire probably had more of it than anybody at that point in time

After the purge, probably scavenged off the corpses of dead Mandalorians.

During Rebels, it was also shown how the Empire ruled Mandalore by way of the traitor Gar Saxon. His followers wore armor similar to that of the Storm Troopers, but in Mandalorian styling. It's possible surrendering their Beskar was involved (or was taken by force using the collaborators as enforcers).

The rare use of The Duchess might have persuaded some to willingly surrender it, but iirc it was only used a couple times.

Sabine also designed a machine that would fry the folks wearing beskar, and also empire armour

That would be The Duchess.

Bo-Katan gave her shit for the name. "You named your weapon after my sister?"
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Bo Can walk both worlds of mandos interesting... curious where the beskar is from as the empire probably had more of it than anybody at that point in time

After the purge, probably scavenged off the corpses of dead Mandalorians.

During Rebels, it was also shown how the Empire ruled Mandalore by way of the traitor Gar Saxon. His followers wore armor similar to that of the Storm Troopers, but in Mandalorian styling. It's possible surrendering their Beskar was involved (or was taken by force using the collaborators as enforcers).

The rare use of The Duchess might have persuaded some to willingly surrender it, but iirc it was only used a couple times.

Yes I remember.  

Honestly I'd name an world/empire/whatever ending weapon after my brother
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

It's sort of interesting that all of these people were originally Deathwatch. Bo-katan, the night owls, clan Wren, clan Visla... They all took different paths through the Maul/imperial occupation but they were all Deathwatch in the beginning. None of them were aligned with Satine Kryze.

I guess everyone else got killed in the purge.

I think the whole helmet thing is leading up to a big reveal of who the armorer is, she's kept her helmet on since the purge to hide her identity and the time for hiding is about over. I may be wrong and she's just a new character but the whole helmet thing is odd if it isn't purposeful.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#4]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

It's sort of interesting that all of these people were originally Deathwatch. Bo-katan, the night owls, clan Wren, clan Visla... They all took different paths through the Maul/imperial occupation but they were all Deathwatch in the beginning. None of them were aligned with Satine Kryze.

I think the whole helmet thing is leading up to a big reveal of who the armorer is, she's kept her helmet on since the purge to hide her identity and the time for hiding is about over. I may be wrong and she's just a new character but the whole helmet thing is odd if it isn't purposeful.
View Quote

she could be gungan under that hood. surpris isa me! misa fake hooman aksant issa good no?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Yep it's gonna be fun

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Mandalorian taking off their helmet within each other but never in front of strangers would be the way I did it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#9]
Great week for both shows.

Thought an endangered race like the lesetti(?) would be tough to have all willy nilly, but to make it Zeb; big balls....
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
BB - Hemlock said that the only thing they found was the goggles, and there’s always that chance of Tech surviving the fall since this is Star Wars.

Mando - why did the armorer choose BKK and not Din to rally the Mandalorians around?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
BB - Hemlock said that the only thing they found was the goggles, and there’s always that chance of Tech surviving the fall since this is Star Wars.

Mando - why did the armorer choose BKK and not Din to rally the Mandalorians around?
View Quote

cause din can only walk one. she walks both and she ia royalty
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

This is the way.

View All Quotes

This is the way
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

View All Quotes

Also much more enjoyable to watch her walking.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Uniting ALL Mandalorians is key
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
BB - Hemlock said that the only thing they found was the goggles, and there's always that chance of Tech surviving the fall since this is Star Wars.

Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
View All Quotes
BB - Hemlock said that the only thing they found was the goggles, and there's always that chance of Tech surviving the fall since this is Star Wars.

Who else would you choose to lead the Mandalorian people
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

If that’s so, what about the Darksaber? Challenge like Viszla did in BoBF?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Bo-Katan (leader w/ Mythosaur)
Din Jarin (#2 w/ darksaber)

that combo would be something of a empire
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Bo-Katan (leader w/ Mythosaur)
Din Jarin (#2 w/ darksaber)

that combo would be something of a empire
View Quote

Kind of what I'm thinking
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
Mixed bag of an episode. Parts I loved, parts were boring, and again their technical marvel of a digital set is showing its limitations. All of Navarro was evacuated, and it’s like 30 people.

The Mandalorian lore was awesome. Dogfighting special effects were awesome. Small unit infantry tactics were less awesome.

The armorer is extremely cool. I want to see more of her swinging her hammer.

Katee Sackhoff is absolutely stacked, especially at her age. I wonder how they’ll contrive to get the Darksaber in her hand.
View Quote

Gideofinds Mando and defeats him and makes off with it. Bo catches up to Gideon and wins it back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:44:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#22]

View All Quotes

Fenn Rau is rumored to show up this season.  I would assume he may be one of the first Mandalorians she looks for after this episode.

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Mixed bag of an episode. Parts I loved, parts were boring, and again their technical marvel of a digital set is showing its limitations. All of Navarro was evacuated, and it’s like 30 people.

The Mandalorian lore was awesome. Dogfighting special effects were awesome. Small unit infantry tactics were less awesome.

The armorer is extremely cool. I want to see more of her swinging her hammer.

Katee Sackhoff is absolutely stacked, especially at her age. I wonder how they’ll contrive to get the Darksaber in her hand.

Gideofinds Mando and defeats him and makes off with it. Bo catches up to Gideon and wins it back.

I would rather she wins it from Din directly.  Does not have to be a fight to the death.  Bo gathers clan and house leaders to try to unite them.  She borrows Ezra's lightsaber from Sabine and challenges Din and after a long, brutal lightsaber fight she gets the win by disarming Din and he yields.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Holy fuck
View Quote
Yeah no kidding.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#24]
So in this week's episode of "It's Not That Kind of Movie," we ask why lava-flats world has no defenses. This is a universe where individuals can afford effective starfighters. And if you believe legends, a used Y-wing costs 65,000 credits, with a credit being a roughly 1-1 equivalent to the USD.  A couple squadrons of those and the pirates go bye-bye.  The only in-universe reason I can think of is that everyone is still stupidly retarded about security after the thousands of years of relying on the Old Republic and the Jedi.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Why the Mythosaur Is WAY More Important Than You Realize - The Mandalorian Explained
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]

If that's so, what about the Darksaber? Challenge like Viszla did in BoBF?
View All Quotes

If that's so, what about the Darksaber? Challenge like Viszla did in BoBF?

Starbuck just needs to shake her back end and she'll have plenty of darksabers to grab a hole of.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
So in this week's episode of "It's Not That Kind of Movie," we ask why lava-flats world has no defenses. This is a universe where individuals can afford effective starfighters. And if you believe legends, a used Y-wing costs 65,000 credits, with a credit being a roughly 1-1 equivalent to the USD.  A couple squadrons of those and the pirates go bye-bye.  The only in-universe reason I can think of is that everyone is still stupidly retarded about security after the thousands of years of relying on the Old Republic and the Jedi.  

View Quote
By 25 ABY, a Y-Wing was a Sopwith Camel in the original EU. Sure, you could buy a Y-Wing for 65k, but flying one would be like driving a Ford Model T on I-95 in Miami, FL in 2023.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:01:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: happycynic] [#28]
By 25 ABY, a Y-Wing was a Sopwith Camel in the original EU. Sure, you could buy a Y-Wing for 65k, but flying one would be like driving a Ford Model T on I-95 in Miami, FL in 2023.
View Quote
Mando picked it up in one episode.  

Also, X wing is also 65k used, 150k new.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jayne_Cobb] [#29]
Framing the Mandolorians with fragments of beskar is a very Thrawn move.

but it also aligns perfectly with the motives of the Imperial on Couresant
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#30]

View Quote

If you notice...no where Mando goes seems to have any defenses.  There is the occasional patrol of 2-3 New Republic fighters...but no capital ships and fighter squadrons at each planet.  Which is a complaint that I have had for a while.  

It would have also been a great way to bring in ships from the old canon like the Cloakshape or Preybird.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

If you notice...no where Mando goes seems to have any defenses.  There is the occasional patrol of 2-3 New Republic fighters...but no capital ships and fighter squadrons at each planet.  Which is a complaint that I have had for a while.  

It would have also been a great way to bring in ships from the old canon like the Cloakshape or Preybird.
View All Quotes

Not even the empire had ships on every planet. That's why they had sector fleets
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
The new story line is that the New Republic are a bunch of hippies that are decommissioning their defense forces for the idea of space unicorn force farts and galactic rainbow hippie fuck-fests with former ISB agents shoving powered riding crops up their asses as it is recorded on the Holonet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Not even the empire had ships on every planet. That's why they had sector fleets
View Quote
In the original EU, the fleets were MASSIVE. There were something like 25,000 Imperial MkII Star Destroyers built alone. That's not counting all the frigates, Victory Clesses, Dreadnought, and all the leftovers from the Clone Wars.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

But there was generally an Imperial presence shown on most worlds.  And I am not talking about putting an ISD or Mon Cal cruiser in every system...but a light capital ship like a Neb B or Quasar Fire carrier with a 2-3 squadrons of fighters.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
I've put way too much thought into this, but any decently-populated planet could field WWII size air forces worth of snub fighters. Five thousand plus easily, enough to pound a fleet of Star Destroyers.  

Also, I don't really get how piracy works with hyperspace. You don't have to go that far out from a gravity well to make a jump, and only state actors have Interdictors. You'd pretty much be jumping from Green Zone to Green Zone. Like why was Mando just casually flying normal space earlier this season when he got jumped?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#36]

But there was generally an Imperial presence shown on most worlds.  And I am not talking about putting an ISD or Mon Cal cruiser in every system...but a light capital ship like a Neb B or Quasar Fire carrier with a 2-3 squadrons of fighters.
View Quote
The Imps had Carrack Class Light Cruisers for far out locations. They carried typical two to three TIE Figthers and did routine sector patrols for smugglers and pirates. If they got into a tussle, they'd call for a Victory Class or an Imperial MkII for help.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#37]
I've put way too much thought into this, but any decently-populated planet could field WWII size air forces worth of snub fighters. Five thousand plus easily, enough to pound a fleet of Star Destroyers.  

Also, I don't really get how piracy works with hyperspace. You don't have to go that far out from a gravity well to make a jump, and only state actors have Interdictors. You'd pretty much be jumping from Green Zone to Green Zone. Like why was Mando just casually flying normal space earlier this season when he got jumped?
View All Quotes

Pirates would tug a large asteroid into a known hyperspace lane to cause a mass shadow and have ships drop into real-space due to the safety-overrides.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mass_shadow/Legends

Also, most people were dirt poor Having a ship meant you were doing good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Even somewhere like Nevarro should have 2-3 squadrons of fighters for defense.

As for hyperspace...you need to get out of the gravity well and get the navi-computer to plot a course...that takes time.  Add in evasive maneuvers while pirates are trying to shoot out engines or shut the ship down with ion weapons.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I would rather she wins it from Din directly.  Does not have to be a fight to the death.  Bo gathers clan and house leaders to try to unite them.  She borrows Ezra's lightsaber from Sabine and challenges Din and after a long, brutal lightsaber fight she gets the win by disarming Din and he yields.
View Quote

Uh oh.  RIP Din's arm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]

As for hyperspace...you need to get out of the gravity well and get the navi-computer to plot a course...that takes time.  Add in evasive maneuvers while pirates are trying to shoot out engines or shut the ship down with ion weapons.
View Quote
But it would be so easy to counter. I mean, you'd only have to patrol your own system. It would be like getting pirated in the coastal waters of CONUS.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#41]
The Imps had Carrack Class Light Cruisers for far out locations. They carried typical two to three TIE Figthers and did routine sector patrols for smugglers and pirates. If they got into a tussle, they'd call for a Victory Class or an Imperial MkII for help.

View All Quotes

As well as planetary garrisons with fighters.

But it would be so easy to counter. I mean, you'd only have to patrol your own system. It would be like getting pirated in the coastal waters of CONUS.

Agree...but we don't see anyone having any sort of defense force to do it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Starbuck just needs to shake her back end and she'll have plenty of darksabers to grab a hole of.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Decent episode. I was fearful in the beginning, but then it TOTALLY REDEEMED ITSELF

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sh768:
Decent episode. I was fearful in the beginning, but then it TOTALLY REDEEMED ITSELF

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

The answer to one of your questions...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Inertial_compensator
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

I took finding beskar on the shuttle as a sign that he was taken by a different mando faction, not that they were trying to frame the mandos on navaroo.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

We can all unite around dat ass. This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I want to see some Dreadnaughts from the original Thrawn trilogy. They would be ideal frontier patrol ships. Plus relatively cheap to produce, if the size of the Dark Force is any indication.

Ooh. And some live action Mon Cal cruisers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

I took finding beskar on the shuttle as a sign that he was taken by a different mando faction, not that they were trying to frame the mandos on navaroo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Click To View Spoiler

Ditto. That’s just a semi-rogue faction. Plus now we get to see Moff Chicken Man again hopefully.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#49]
In the original EU, the fleets were MASSIVE. There were something like 25,000 Imperial MkII Star Destroyers built alone. That's not counting all the frigates, Victory Clesses, Dreadnought, and all the leftovers from the Clone Wars.
View All Quotes

I think that 25,000 figure is only referenced once, in the first Hand of Thrawn novel. No battles I ever read about had anything approaching even a fraction of that. In the X Wing novels, which did some of the best worldbuilding for the military logistics, just a few Imp Deuces were considered a decisive force in some battles.

The race to find the Dark Force, 200 (600?) mid sized cruisers a fraction of the size of an ISD2, was considered an existential crisis.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top