Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 167
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If I took “Disney” out of the thread title, I wonder if it’ll attract fewer retards.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
If I took "Disney" out of the thread title, I wonder if it'll attract fewer retards.
View Quote
No, leave it in. The 'tards gives us something to ridicule.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
If I took "Disney" out of the thread title, I wonder if it'll attract fewer retards.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Disney said this is no longer canon. But to me, this is Star Wars.

Everything Disney makes is fan-fiction.
View Quote

X-wing series and I, Jedi were awesome!  

I couldn't get into all the Vong stuff but it did pave the way for the Legacy comic series which was excellent if you never read it.
- Galaxy is still in tatters after the Vong War and Empire is back but not evil (descendant of the Fel's and I believe the Solos), rebel alliance still exists as a sort opposing them, Jedi order being rebuilt (by I believe Luke's grandson - maybe great-grandson as Jedi Master) and then the Sith return sabotage the jedi and kill him. They cut a deal with the Imperials and then turn on them.
The son of the Jedi Master Skywalker escaped and was found saved and raised by pirates.  He is a junkie and a pirate/bounty hunter running his own crew.

The whole series was great except when they did an event that ran through all the SW series for a few issues.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]

lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Laufen:
The most embarrassing thread on arfcom.
View Quote

Look who came back and needs attention
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By boogerv:

I couldn't get into all the Vong stuff but it did pave the way for the Legacy comic series which was excellent if you never read it.
- Galaxy is still in tatters after the Vong War and Empire is back but not evil (descendant of the Fel's and I believe the Solos), rebel alliance still exists as a sort opposing them, Jedi order being rebuilt (by I believe Luke's grandson - maybe great-grandson as Jedi Master) and then the Sith return sabotage the jedi and kill him. They cut a deal with the Imperials and then turn on them.
The son of the Jedi Master Skywalker escaped and was found saved and raised by pirates.  He is a junkie and a pirate/bounty hunter running his own crew.

The whole series was great except when they did an event that ran through all the SW series for a few issues.
View All Quotes

I enjoyed the Vong series because Star Wars literally went to a WWII total war footing. Also, the bubble was popped and characters once thought untouchable were killed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
If I took “Disney” out of the thread title, I wonder if it’ll attract fewer retards.
View Quote

It makes it easy to identify the retards tho
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#9]
For a guy that is finally moving on from his 10 year old LCD screen to a much larger QD-OLED tv, what Disney+ streaming Star Wars movie has the biggest wow factor in terms of visuals and sounds? I also installed a Dolby Atmos surround sound setup.  

Everything is arriving this week.

I rarely upgrade home entertainment stuff and need to convince myself I made the right decision.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Leave it in and be happy that whenever one of them bumps the thread, it pisses off all the others.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
For a guy that is finally moving on from his 10 year old LCD screen to a much larger QD-OLED tv, what Disney+ streaming Star Wars movie has the biggest wow factor in terms of visuals and sounds? I also installed a Dolby Atmos surround sound setup.  

Everything is arriving this week.

I rarely upgrade home entertainment stuff and need to convince myself I made the right decision.

View Quote

Final episodes of Clone Wars Season 7 don't suck
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Star Wars: AHSOKA | FINAL TRAILER | 'RISE' 4K DISNEY +

I think this trailer confirms Sabine is a Jedi. She holds her own against the white-haired chick, and the other clips show that white-haired chick is pretty powerful in the force.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_GQdP2gjs

I think this trailer confirms Sabine is a Jedi. She holds her own against the white-haired chick, and the other clips show that white-haired chick is pretty powerful in the force.
View Quote
In the other trailers, she's fighting the force user and the force user is surprised she has no force ability herself.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
In the other trailers, she's fighting the force user and the force user is surprised she has no force ability herself.
View All Quotes

As Kanan said, the force resides in all, but Sabine has shut herself off from it... was just rewatching the beginning of her Saber training
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Ashoka also makes references to apprentice. I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I read every EU book through high school. Read a few twice.

Once I started reading above a high school level, they stopped having any appeal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Pre Visla goes toe to toe with both Obiwan and Maul. Loses to both, but still puts up a good fight.
I don’t see anything in that trailer that convinces me Sabine is using the force.
The show will be out in a few more weeks. We’ll find out for sure soon enough.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 2:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#18]
Pre Visla goes toe to toe with both Obiwan and Maul. Loses to both, but still puts up a good fight.
I don’t see anything in that trailer that convinces me Sabine is using the force.
The show will be out in a few more weeks. We’ll find out for sure soon enough.
View Quote

I hope she's not a force user because if she is it'll reconsider her character from Rebels when Kanan was trying to teach her how to wield the Dark Saber.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Ashoka also isn't a Jedi and left the Order on her own accord.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By korahite:

Once I started reading above a high school level, they stopped having any appeal.
View All Quotes

Sucks for you....
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l1KsFYiPtEv9qYY6Y/200.gif
'Tards are like sand.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#23]
'Tards are like sand.

https://i.giphy.com/media/l1KsPfb1CeYCdglS8/giphy.webp
View All Quotes

'Tards are like sand.

I mean ...

Yall could just direct them to the oodles of non-disney stuff t hat was created long before the house of mouse went insane.

For example, KOTOR and KOTR 2 are really fun, k2 especially so when you add on TSLRCM to add back in a big chunk of what was dropped on the cutting room floor in the rush to release.

HK47 alone is worth the price of admission for those, you loud gurgling meatbags!
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Masters and Apprentices | Ahsoka | Disney+
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

I mean ...

Yall could just direct them to the oodles of non-disney stuff t hat was created long before the house of mouse went insane.

For example, KOTOR and KOTR 2 are really fun, k2 especially so when you add on TSLRCM to add back in a big chunk of what was dropped on the cutting room floor in the rush to release.

HK47 alone is worth the price of admission for those, you loud gurgling meatbags!
View All Quotes

'Tards are like sand.

I mean ...

Again, the original EU was fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

'Tards are like sand.

I mean ...

HK was ...

Interesting.
Stuff like this is just the tip of the iceberg with him.
HK-47's on How to Kill Jedi & Order 66 *rare dialogue* in KOTOR 2

Also, fully upgraded with his gear from the re-enabled HK factory he is a beast.

SWTOR really did HK and revan dirty.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#27]
'Tards are like sand.

View All Quotes

'Tards are like sand.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Shin Hati is a bit of a hottie...
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Sucks for you....
View All Quotes

Sucks for you....

Being less easily amused definitely makes entertainment choices a bit scant.

On the flip side, butchering sacred cows is a part of becoming a well-adjusted adult.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Spoilers coming out on the Ahsoka show.   Just a reminder if you want to post something about them use the spoiler tag please.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Spoilers coming out on the Ahsoka show.   Just a reminder if you want to post something about them use the spoiler tag please.
View Quote

When do us normal peasants get to see it
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Two episodes come out the 23.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#34]

That's a long ass video
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

I was thinking it was 20 something, on road playing on phone at Texas roadhouse having beers
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I’d prefer no spoiler tag posts at all. Someone will invariably reply or comment in the clear.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

I’d prefer no spoiler tag posts at all. Someone will invariably reply or comment in the clear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Right.

While the original post in this thread relates to Andor, it’s going to apply to any upcoming show that hasn’t aired yet…

Please keep the discussion to aired episodes. If spoilers get leaked about upcoming episodes, keep that shit out of here. Likewise, if you want to talk about how people shouldn't be giving money to Disney, feel free to start your own topic about that. I don't pay for Disney plus and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

So, yeah. Start an ‘Ahsoka spoilers’ thread if you want to talk about them. I think most people would like to not have these shows spoiled for them. As soon as an episode is out, all bets are off.

I know this is the internet and all, but most of you guys seem pretty ok.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#38]

I was thinking it was 20 something, on road playing on phone at Texas roadhouse having beers
View All Quotes

Had Texas Roadhouse yesterday.   For a chain they have good ribs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Yeah they aren't bad at all, had Texas roadhouse from Utah to Ohio to Georgia.  Mostly wanted cold beer it's hot as hell in Houston
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#40]
As soon as an episode is out, all bets are off.
View Quote

Acceptable compromise.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#41]
lol, past page is making me LOLz.

Anyways I'm two episodes into Kenobi and so far, my only complaint is about Little Leia. For the love of Midas, she's only 10; no 10yo could ever in a million years be THAT sassy nor THAT witty. Her character is simply not believable. I guess this fk'n BOSSLADY generation has completely bled into kid characters now.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Anyways I'm two episodes into Kenobi and so far, my only complaint is about Little Leia. For the love of Midas, she's only 10; no 10yo could ever in a million years be THAT sassy nor THAT witty. Her character is simply not believable. I guess this fk'n BOSSLADY generation has completely bled into kid characters now.
View Quote
Tell me you haven't spent much time around kids without telling me you haven't spent much time around kids.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I really think they missed a huge opportunity. Through the series have a few unexplained object movements. Like during the foot chase have a branch move over and trip a bad guy. Have it all hint around that Leia is unknowingly using the force. This would explain so much for the show and the later plot armor in the movies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah... well I've been watching Resistance. BB8 for president!
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By rtintwo:

I really think they missed a huge opportunity. Through the series have a few unexplained object movements. Like during the foot chase have a branch move over and trip a bad guy. Have it all hint around that Leia is unknowingly using the force. This would explain so much for the show and the later plot armor in the movies.
View Quote

The Imps not running a blood test, even as standard booking procedure, into the Inquistorious fortress was asinine stupidity by the so-called writers.  They'd spot her midichlorians right away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

The Imps not running a blood test, even as standard booking procedure, into the Inquistorious fortress was asinine stupidity by the so-called writers.  They'd spot her midichlorians right away.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rtintwo:

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

You haven’t met my 13 year old.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
View Quote

I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#49]

I feel sorry for you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

I feel sorry for you.

It's bad, but at 2am when my brain is almost turned off, but not quite, it's stimulation of the basest kind.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#50]

Shin Hati is a bit of a hottie...
View Quote

Ukrainian.

Eastern European women in porn scare me. It’s like they look good but they’re hiding something.

AIDS. They’re hiding AIDS.
Page / 167
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top