Page / 169
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve really liked it.

Best Sw since rouge 1
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#2]
Just caught up on it. Really well done!

Undeniable Blackwater/contractor overtones with the blue corporate police, but still good. It makes it feel grounded.

Edit: There were moments when the overzealous inspector guy was a dead ringer for Kyle Maclachlan in his younger days.

Edit 2: Bix was cuuuuuuute
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It was fine. I will watch all Star Wars even if I don’t like it. That being said I feel the first three episodes could probably have been just one episode. Way too slow. I know they are trying to stretch it to give them content over time but it was really slow.

Second gripe is there are so many other characters in the Star Wars universe than some guy who fought to steal the plans for the Death Star. Dearth Maul would be cool, some of the Jedi, Greedo, Biggs, some other bounty hunters.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gatorade96:
It was fine. I will watch all Star Wars even if I don’t like it. That being said I feel the first three episodes could probably have been just one episode. Way too slow. I know they are trying to stretch it to give them content over time but it was really slow.

Second gripe is there are so many other characters in the Star Wars universe than some guy who fought to steal the plans for the Death Star. Dearth Maul would be cool, some of the Jedi, Greedo, Biggs, some other bounty hunters.
View Quote

Darth Maul’s story is pretty well established in The Clone Wars. As for the rest of your list, eh. A lot of people are tired of Jedi baloney. This series is giving us more backstory on the inception of the rebleeion. Cassian Andor is a good a character as any. Rogue One was great, so why not him?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Andor is a kingdom - well, queendom - in the Wheel of Time series.

I can't believe the Star Wars folks ripped off a name from another fictional series. I assumed that was a typo. Seems pretty dumb on their part in my opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
I'm just amused the OP hasn't corrected the thread title.

I stand for house Trakand! Elayne for the Lion Throne!

What am I missing?

Andor is a kingdom - well, queendom - in the Wheel of Time series.

I can't believe the Star Wars folks ripped off a name from another fictional series. I assumed that was a typo. Seems pretty dumb on their part in my opinion.

Andor is the name of a major character in a movie released in 2016... who is also the protagonist in this series.

And also a planet that was a member of the Federation in ST: TOS in the late 1960's if we're really looking for who ripped off a name from who.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gatorade96:
View Quote

That was my takeaway as well.

30-minute episodes suck. Just for comparison, I was catching up on Stranger Things S4 (like it or don't, no matter to me), and the final episode was over 2 hours long. I didn't even realize until I was 90 minutes past my bedtime and had to get up for work the next day.

Honest opinion? Andor's been boring so far, with the exception of 10 minutes or so. And I'm a huge fan of Rogue One.

I hope it picks up. Make longer episodes, Mouse!
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:36:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sodie] [#7]
Episode 3 kicked some major ass! Really good suspenseful and action packed episode. I liked the direction of the first two also, the opening scene takes place in a Star Wars brothel. I wonder if Disney will add this kind of attraction to the "Galaxy's Edge" or "Galactic StarCruiser"

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Go time
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#9]
LotBoy sort of likes it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Blue khyber crystal.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Well not much action. Just more furthering the story. And Ak47s.
I’m guessing a lot of people will complain that it’s too slow but I’m enjoying it. Hopefully next week we’ll get a good heist episode that doesn’t end on a cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Well not much action. Just more furthering the story. And Ak47s.
I’m guessing a lot of people will complain that it’s too slow but I’m enjoying it. Hopefully next week we’ll get a good heist episode that doesn’t end on a cliffhanger.
View Quote

Definitely setting up the heist.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#13]
They are going to make this show slightly better, this will be rouge one for everyone and then you’ll watch the next 10 shit movies and shows because they fed you a bone.

Stop watching this garbage, it’s not good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EvilApplesauce:
They are going to make this show slightly better, this will be rouge one for everyone and then you’ll watch the next 10 shit movies and shows because they fed you a bone.

View Quote

You could just not post.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Some info just dropped about the CIS crew in episode 3.

We were ALL wrong about this
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Episode #4 was probably the slowest, but I like some good plot development. The barely-modified AKs definitely kill a little bit of the immersion factor though.

I’m guessing the next episode will contain quite a bit of action, based on where this is headed.

I’m sure many will say this episode (and even the series) sucks but I really like the slower pace and the closer look at ‘normal life’ that happens on both the civilian and imperial sides.

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#17]
The thing that jumped out at me in the 3rd ep was the old radio sitting on the desk at Bix’s shop. It was just barely tweaked radio for crying out loud. C’mon guys.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm waiting until the entire series is available. I just finished the Obi-Wan series last week. And as a huge SW fan, Rogue 1 is #2 movie in the franchise. So I'm excited if that same energy and feel carries over to this.

And by huge Star Wars fan...I kept an old Windows 95 PC running until about 5 years ago just so I could play the Tie Fighter video game. That and C&C Red Alert on the tower PC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Episode #4 was probably the slowest, but I like some good plot development. The barely-modified AKs definitely kill a little bit of the immersion factor though.

I’m guessing the next episode will contain quite a bit of action, based on where this is headed.

I’m sure many will say this episode (and even the series) sucks but I really like the slower pace and the closer look at ‘normal life’ that happens on both the civilian and imperial sides.

View Quote

It can go slower? Fuck
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MEK:

It can go slower? Fuck
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MEK:

It can go slower? Fuck

Afraid so. This feels more like Spy Game than Expendables. It’s gonna be harder with the once-weekly plan, but I think it’ll shape up to be a very good series.

I’m really hoping that the people in charge of making this stuff see the positive response to the show and start giving us more adult, gritty, plot-driven stuff.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Vol4Life:
I'm waiting until the entire series is available. I just finished the Obi-Wan series last week. And as a huge SW fan, Rogue 1 is #2 movie in the franchise. So I'm excited if that same energy and feel carries over to this.

And by huge Star Wars fan...I kept an old Windows 95 PC running until about 5 years ago just so I could play the Tie Fighter video game. That and C&C Red Alert on the tower PC.
View Quote

I was just talking about this very thing with a friend earlier. I may do the same, wait ‘til they’re all out and watch them together. The creator/writer is clearly accustomed to writing movies and not episodic television so episodes don’t really wrap up, they just stop and pick up in the next ep. They have the season structured like acts in a movie anyway, so it may make sense to treat it as such.

Not a complaint, just an observation. I’m digging the show a ton.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Blue khyber crystal.......
View Quote

And it is from a Rakatan invasion...
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtJKGytv9ng
View Quote

Can someone give a TL;DR on this since youtube is blocked here at work and I can't watch the video?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#24]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

Can someone give a TL;DR on this since youtube is blocked here at work and I can't watch the video?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtJKGytv9ng

Basically it says that the flashback sequences of young Cassian happen at the tail end of the Republic, before the start of the Clone War. And, that the crew aboard the downed ship were wearing uniforms with the Seperatist symbol, but Maarva wouldn’t recognize it and assume they were from the Republic.
Also says that this messes with Cassian’s age and timeline a little and it remains to be seen how that gets addressed.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#25]

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/39323494.jpg

You could just not post.
View All Quotes

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/39323494.jpg

You could just not post.

No, no. We should definitely listen to people that can’t spell ‘rogue’ correctly. Their contributions are worth their weight in site resources.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Basically it says that the flashback sequences of young Cassian happen at the tail end of the Republic, before the start of the Clone War. And, that the crew aboard the downed ship were wearing uniforms with the Seperatist symbol, but Maarva wouldn’t recognize it and assume they were from the Republic.
Also says that this messes with Cassian’s age and timeline a little and it remains to be seen how that gets addressed.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't get the "slow" comments.  Maybe people's brains have been melted by shitty Marvel movies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
I don't get the "slow" comments.  Maybe people's brains have been melted by shitty Marvel movies.
View Quote

'Setup' and 'payoff' are foreign concepts anymore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the Lt is going REBEL.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone else notice the Starkiller looking armor in the back of the shop?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Seriously - AK47s?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m only on episode 3, but ship-breaking a Venator class is unconscionable. I’d sooner destroy a stained glass window.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
I’m only on episode 3, but ship-breaking a Venator class is unconscionable. I’d sooner destroy a stained glass window.
View Quote

The empire made a lot of poor equipment choices
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#38]
Originally Posted By JohnGA:
Seriously - AK47s?
View Quote

I keep seeing this but if you look closely they look very different, the gas tube just makes it obvious that it’s an AK. The receiver actually looks like an MP40.

Star Wars guns have always looked very much like actual firearms.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I keep seeing this but if you look closely they look very different, the gas tube just makes it obvious that it’s an AK. The receiver actually looks like an MP40.

View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Because they are actual firearms.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Exactly, the E11 blaster is just a Sterling with some tubes in the handguard vents but nobody complains about that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Not enough titties and explosions
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Exactly, the E11 blaster is just a Sterling with some tubes in the handguard vents but nobody complains about that.
View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Mando carries a nearly unmodified Bergman.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Seriously - AK47s?
View Quote

Seriously - goats with extra horns glued on?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

I should’ve known that was a real gun, but I didn’t. Looks like they modified the grip, the hammer and put a cone on the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Exhibit A

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I appreciate the expansion of Mon Mothma’s character. Interesting angle of her being married to an imperial. Spy couples have been covered before, but split marriage is new for Star Wars
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Exhibit A
https://i.ibb.co/Jk0sVs1/817-DADD8-3-CC9-463-C-8-BCD-9-CC97873-F085.jpg

I need that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#48]
The Intel supervisor actually demonstrating non-terror based leadership and mentoring in the turf dispute was kinda refreshing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By feudist:
The Intel supervisor actually demonstrating non-terror based leadership and mentoring in the turf dispute was kinda refreshing.
View Quote

Both of the "supervisors " have displayed great levity in their dialog thus far
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#50]

I need that.
View All Quotes
Seriously - AK47s?

Exhibit A
https://i.ibb.co/Jk0sVs1/817-DADD8-3-CC9-463-C-8-BCD-9-CC97873-F085.jpg

I need that.

It’s really freaking cool. And heavy too. I think it weighs more than my AR.
Page / 169
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top