Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2024 1:46:50 AM EDT
Is it just me, or are the Netflix original movies just not a good as traditional Hollywood movies?

I'm a big fan of stupid comedies. So that's what I usually watch, or hardcore sci-fi (but no one really does those well anyway).

It just seems like the Netflix original content just isn't as good as regular Hollywood movies. The stories seem to be more trite, and the acting not as good. And it looks like the cinematography and color and isn't as good either. Their series seem to be a bit better than their movies, but only marginally.

Anyone else feel the same?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They certainly like to slip.in gratuitous gay and alternative lifestyle characters who add nothing to the production
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the movies are ok, it's the series shows that have problems.  They might have a good first or second season to pull you in, but turn gay and lame.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They certainly like to slip.in gratuitous gay and alternative lifestyle characters who add nothing to the production
View Quote

One should just assume that Netflix shows are full of that shit, plus the acting/plot are lousy.  Mainly not worth the time to watch.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of them are absolute shit, occasionally there will be a good one

It's like they just grab a person off the street and give them money and say hey make a movie
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought Netflix's Army of Dead was decent zombie flick.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One should just assume that Netflix shows are full of that shit, plus the acting/plot are lousy.  Mainly not worth the time to watch.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been my experience and unfortunately it's becoming the norm everywhere else as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Why is anyone still giving their money to Netflix, and actually wasting time watching it?

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
You mean things like The Last Kingdom and The Queens Gambit?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Almost always.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#11]
It makes Netflix money so they can support democrats and liberal causes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Extraction didn’t.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or are the Netflix original movies just not a good as traditional Hollywood movies?

I'm a big fan of stupid comedies. So that's what I usually watch, or hardcore sci-fi (but no one really does those well anyway).

It just seems like the Netflix original content just isn't as good as regular Hollywood movies. The stories seem to be more trite, and the acting not as good. And it looks like the cinematography and color and isn't as good either. Their series seem to be a bit better than their movies, but only marginally.

View Quote

100% I havnt watched one good original Netflix movie... it's so bad that if a movie is on Netflix and it's an original Netflix movie, I won't even bother wasting my time watching it!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I love Adam Sandler's Hustle movie.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't mind them. Like anything, some are good some are bad.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Their three episode documentaries are usually damn good.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Operation Mincemeat is really good.
Operation Mincemeat | Official Trailer | Netflix

“In God’s name Fleming what are you writing?”
“A spy story.”
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Dehli Crime was actually good.

ETA: as was The Railway Men.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#20]
The Extraction movies, Army of the Dead, Triple Frontier, Grayman, I think they have a lot of good ones.

They’re the only place that will show anti woke comedians like Chappell, and they still don’t have ads.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#21]
They are fine if you are gay.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I let nerflix use my dads small farm( no animals, he was in a home at the time)  and my property to film, I never got my money, they were told not to use a certain bathroom, took a shit in it, snooped around, left barn doors open ,left trash all over.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

100% I havnt watched one good original Netflix movie... it's so bad that if a movie is on Netflix and it's an original Netflix movie, I won't even bother wasting my time watching it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked "The Adam Project", but it's basically just another Marvel movie.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#24]
The JD Vance one was good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top