Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#1]
So I’m not alone.  I’m not a massive Dr Who fan but I have enjoyed it since the reboot.  Each doctor takes a bit to get used to.  I didn’t like Matt Smith at first but I think he’s my favorite.

I knew the female Dr was for an agenda rather than story, but I wanted to give her a chance.  I haven’t been able to put my finger on it, but I just haven’t liked this new season.  Sure there’s the little things like in the witch episode having the Dr say “we wouldn’t have this problem if I was a bloke.”  But it’s just lacking.

Also, I was thinking about the Rosa Parks episode.  They went back in time before.  They visited Hitler.  But he wasn’t the focus.  There was a greater plot going on.

I hope they turn it around, but I don’t have much faith in them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0WNPrvh5DhI/VsnyNYfKI3I/AAAAAAAAAmY/FDOEFb88tnw/s245-p-rw/5896b1911204382441b482b8f5faea38.jpg

Nothing against a female doctor.

Hell, the female version of the Master would have made a better new Dr Who.
View Quote
Not without plots and scripts. They could have gotten anyone - pick your favorite - for the new Doctor and it would suck if the scripts are the trash that we’re seeing now.

These scripts lack any of the heart and soul that the Moffatt shows had up til the last couple seasons.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Soon to be changed to ''Dr Eh?''
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tom Baker was the best Dr. Who. Or at least the one I associate the most as Dr. Who.
View Quote
This.

The new Dr. Who takes itself too seriously and they have too much money for nice sets.  Old Dr. Who is best Dr. Who.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Soon to be changed to ''Dr Eh?''
View Quote
Can't.  That's the name of the Canadian spin-off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The left ruins everything they touch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm willing to give anyone a chance.  That said the writing has been lacking and agenda driven.

Perfect example is the injection of gay or other topics where they just are not needed.  "I'm your niece's wife" or "My boyfriend thinks I'm special" stuff stuck into normal dialog for no reason just makes me scratch my head.  WTF???  Really?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What people are they polling? It’s all the rage on reddit r/transdrwhofans

Honestly though, I bet ratings would be better if they eschewed the show themes, even with a female Dr Who
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The entire liberal, democratic, Hollywood, etc... groups are so blinded with "racism rage they forget that maybe most people now days aren't racist, they just have different ideals, opinions or are just aholes to everyone. These same groups are the least likely to show tolerance to others who don't think exactly like them. What a f*cked up age we live in. Of course the fact that feminism has taken over has not helped.
View Quote
Hollywood has always been a little behind the curve. The more issues there are, the further behind they get.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Let see, tenth doctor was the best one from the restart of the series. Nine, 11 and 12 doctors were decent to watch.

The 13th doctor I have watched the first and have not seen it since.

I believe that the story writing went hell in a hand basket because of lack of any real development of her character. They are just rehashing the character and the stories lines. They should had stuck with the 13th doctor going bad or dark.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not without plots and scripts. They could have gotten anyone - pick your favorite - for the new Doctor and it would suck if the scripts are the trash that we’re seeing now.

These scripts lack any of the heart and soul that the Moffatt shows had up til the last couple seasons.
View Quote
My feelings exactly and that all comes back to the cuck Showrunner.  BBC needs to throw a boat load of money at Russell T. Davies, to get him back.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
So do the pay her 3/4s the pay of the male Doctors?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everyone should call her The Nurse so she can get offended.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this show on the same premise as Quantum Leap?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is this show on the same premise as Quantum Leap?
View Quote
No.  It’s one being that is centuries old and when he dies can regenerate into a new actor.  He travels through time and space in a time and space machine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bet ratings would be better if they eschewed the show themes, even with a female Dr Who
View Quote
That and find a hotter girl to the doctor. Ratings through the roof.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#20]
First five doctors were ecentric, but entertaining. The 6th one had the personality of Bobby Flay (arrogant and insufferable). The show got progressively worse and totally unwatchable.

Besides, the days of Romana...

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top