Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/29/2023 4:57:52 PM EDT
Demon 170. I called two dealerships and that is the price over the already 100 grand.

Pisses me right the fuck off that this continues to happen. It's not about the money, I have it to spend. It's the greediness of the dealers and auto makers for not putting a stop to it.

I know, weak rant, but still. That is some bullshit!
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Then don’t buy one?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Demon 170. I called two dealerships and that is the price over the already 100 grand.

Pisses me right the fuck off that this continues to happen. It's not about the money, I have it to spend. It's the greediness of the dealers and auto makers for not putting a stop to it.

View Quote

Yeah but aren't people who demand to hold onto their money and that others lower their prices to accomodate them just as greedy?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread won't go the way OP thinks it will.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't 2023 that last year that they will be made?  If so, then people will pay for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't 2023 that last year that they will be made?  If so, then people will pay for it.
View Quote

Just wait till a few of them end up on the open market.  I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two trade hands for $3-500k.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't it the dealers doing the gouging when the automakers are telling them to knock it off?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Everybody is a fucking victim these days. Can't even get a good honest humble-brag anymore without someone crying foul.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish they would cut out the middle men for vehicles and alcohol purchases.  Things would be a lot smoother.  Have authorized Pick-up centers for vehicles, but all orders are direct to Manufacturer OR dealerships are all manufacturer owned/ran, and not privately owned.

Alcohol - cut out the distributors - Direct sale from Manufacturer to liquor stores...  But those snakes in the middle always want their cut, so it'll never happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Free market, yo. That hunk of steel and testosterone is worth whatever someone will pay for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]
What the heck is a Demon 170?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

200k apparently
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Challenger variant with 1000+ hp. Factory.

Why? America.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been so turned off by car prices and inventory and blah blah blah, I'd rather wait til I'm in an area I can 2 wheel it and not get murdered on price.  

If I need a new car, it'll be a honda, ain't nobody charging over msrp for those nasty dogs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#15]
group buy?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Challenger variant with 1000+ hp. Factory.

Why? America.
View Quote

Gotcha.

I looked it.

Pretty badass car.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]
How dare people charge what the market is willing to bear rather than give the OP what he wants at the price he is willing to pay for luxury goods
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Making all they can now....electric vehicle sales are going to kill them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arguably the quickest factory production vehicle ever
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
It's worth $200k to someone

But that someone isn't me.

Cool car though
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck it. Let them keep it or let some one else spend that kind of money on a pile of nuts and bolts. There has to be some else to buy that's fun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]
The dealer I got my TRX from for $11k below MSRP just let 8 people place orders on the Demon 170 for MSRP which is Mark Dodge's complete Demon allocations.  Pretty fucking amazing dealer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought that an electric car held that title?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been so turned off by car prices and inventory and blah blah blah, I'd rather wait til I'm in an area I can 2 wheel it and not get murdered on price.  

If I need a new car, it'll be a honda, ain't nobody charging over msrp for those nasty dogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a final limited edition, top of the line car. I don't see $200,000 worth of value in one personally, but there's a market for it. If I had that much throwaway cash for a car, The demon would be at the bottom of the list.

Quoted:

A technically impressive feat, but I don't drag race, I doubt very many will end up drag raced, and at that level, I'd unapologetically be purchasing something for style, not performance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing you haven't attempted to buy a Civic SI or Civic Type R recently. MSRP is a fantastic (and likely unobtainable) deal for an FL5.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#27]
If you think they're pricey now, wait until half the production run has been wrapped around telephone poles.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#28]
100k is the new 10k
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Let's call this what it is:

Fuck stealerships.

In the year 2023 I should be able to log on to a website, order what I want, and then show up to a retail location in a month to finish paying for my vehicle so I can drive it home.

Dealerships should not be involved in the car buying process except for final delivery and warranty work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their figures all include rollout so you can't really compare it to official numbers.

It has 5 more HP than the Plaid, but the Plain is AWD and also has that power at the full RPM range, vs peak HP of the Demon 170.

That said I'd be curious to see real head to head drag races.

Beast of a car though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#31]
OP just learned about supply and demand…..

EDIT: Also in before the shrill cries that dealerships should be abolished.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Couple of years ago my sister down in Florida bought the first available Dodge Demon, got a custom plate for it “LUCIFER”, proceeded to tweak the tuning a bit and under the auspices of Johnny Bohmer racing, pushed that thing over 200 mph at Kennedy Space center runway.

Just for fun.

She’d talked about another run over 220 but after talking it over with a math prof at Ga. Tech, decided there really wasn’t going to be enough horsepower to beat the air resistance.

Made a video and posted it over on Youtube.

I think she’s back to driving Lambos again (she’s owned a few), flying helicopters for a change.

Everyone needs a hobby or twelve.

This is Laurelle driving:

https://youtu.be/qzPv4aYq1gY
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#33]
So according to some, if we sell an item in the EE that is highly desired and price it accordingly, we are dirty capitalists? Well, OK then.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe, dodge been doing last year things then making more when they want some quick cash a fair amount lately.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Isn't it the dealers doing the gouging when the automakers are telling them to knock it off?
View Quote
It seems pretty likely at this point that the manufacturers don't care
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#36]
How many people complaining about the dealership in this thread.......sold a house for alot more than they paid for it ??

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
0-60 in 1.66 seconds or something crazy like that
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I wouldn't even pay that much for a viper, let alone a ghetto audi.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Thatwasdifferent.jpg
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#40]
The FOMO is strong with some people……
For that kind of money a person could buy a REAL Supercar.
And a nice looking one at that.
And I’m a die-hard Mopar man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
On one hand, I understand your outrage.
On the other hand, if you had a transferrable M-16 you bought in 1990 for $1000, for example, you sure as shit wouldn't sell it for $5000 today, now would you?
It's supply and demand.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I know what I got
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I agree, it's unprofessional BS and one of the many reason dealers are outdated and need to go.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The dealer I got my TRX from for $11k below MSRP just let 8 people place orders on the Demon 170 for MSRP which is Mark Dodge's complete Demon allocations.  Pretty fucking amazing dealer.
View Quote
They left an incredible amount of money on the table.  They must be incredibly honest.   At least some of those people will simply turn around and gouge someone else for the extra that the dealer didn't charge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't see the problem. There's a lot of things that I would love to own but I'm no GD billionaire just a poor GD millionaire.
Someday, I hope to have a G6 but can only afford a G5.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How many people complaining about the dealership in this thread.......sold a house for alot more than they paid for it ??

View Quote
another good example of hypocritical complaining
Those complaining about the dealer will sell that house for every dollar they can, with no regard at all for they paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm glad I lived long enough to see this car.

First pass on a drag strip for the Dodge Demon 170!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd put money on a Plaid beating it at the drag strip 9/10 times.

If its like their 1/4 mile numbers when the Demon first came out, they listed the best time achieved under perfect conditions and when all the stars aligned lol.

8.9 one time in a perfect world... When the Plaids do 9.2-9.4 over and over and over again with full interior
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#49]
They charge more because people want it. You called two dealerships looking for one.  A bunch of other people are doing it too.  MSRP is Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.  A dealer can ask anything they want for a car.  IF no one is buying they will lower the price until someone does.

Pretty sad though that someone WILL pay the mark up then within a week wrap it around a telephone pole.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck dealerships .

For that kind of coin you can build something better - and not a dodge .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top