BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Men wearing flip flops in public is gross, pathetic and feminine.
View Quote

I lived at the beach for over 10 years. I went weeks/months without putting on shoes.  

Wearing shoes at the beach or in a beach town is gross, pathetic and smells of faggotry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Wearing flip flops isn’t nearly as effeminate as worrying about what footwear other men wear.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I mixed it up today.

Wore sneakers today at Universal Studios then switched to flip flops for the Volcano Bay Aquatic park.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
100 years ago nobody wore flip flops, and nobody was gay. Now lots of people wear flip flops and lots of people are gay.
Coincidence? I think not.
View Quote

Why you no waraji like the samurai?

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Never wear shoes you can't run or fight in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I do what I want.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t like the feeling of my feet not being protected/covered. I  wear shoes everywhere except in bed. I have house shoes if I get up at night to go to the bathroom. I’m always worried Im going to get caught up in a firefight without my shoes on like Bruce did in the Christmas documentary.

I have a banana hammock that matches my house shoes that I wear on the nights I get that special “feeling” that it’s about to go down in my neighborhood. On the off nights I just sleep nude. I’d show you guys pics but you would just get jealous.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]

chicago - no

pensacola - yeah

sicario first briefing & explanation
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
The VC took America to task in jap flaps.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The VC took America to task in jap flaps.
View Quote

I asked one of my GF's family members if they would make sandals out of a set of take off used tires I had, went over like a fart in church. I was being serious too, I sort of figured Hankook AT tires would make a good sole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fuck all that, I live 5 mins from the beach & won’t be wearing my Allen Edmonds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Men wearing flip flops in public is gross, pathetic and feminine.

Fuck all that, I live 5 mins from the beach & won’t be wearing my Allen Edmonds.

Me too. I just walk barefoot
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Only if you take the off to give someone a foot job.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One of the deadliest men I know looks like a surf bum who wears flip flops and shorts 24/7, 365.  He used to wear a uniform on-duty, when not wearing flip-flops, and smoked 5 badguys at last count.
View Quote

So, what you are saying is that he used to be a man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not a fan of the fashion of flip flops for either men or women... I've never had a pair of them myself and I think they would very much limit what I was able to do, same as if I wasn't wearing any shoes at all.

Also, I've never had a pair of slippers as I feel very similar about them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of the fashion of flip flops for either men or women... I've never had a pair of them myself and I think they would very much limit what I was able to do, same as if I wasn't wearing any shoes at all.

View Quote

They are dangerous AF when you are drunk if they aren't stiff or don't fit well. Fold over while walking, bust ass. I've seen tons of people get them caught on the bar foot bar or stool and eat shit when they tried to get up. Both have happened to me, my solution was to quit wearing flip flops, and quit drinking.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I asked one of my GF's family members if they would make sandals out of a set of take off used tires I had, went over like a fart in church. I was being serious too, I sort of figured Hankook AT tires would make a good sole.
View Quote
Shit man, some Michelin Pilot Sport 2's would make great running flaps.  Right?  
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are dangerous AF when you are drunk if they aren't stiff or don't fit well. Fold over while walking, bust ass. I've seen tons of people get them caught on the bar foot bar or stool and eat shit when they tried to get up, me included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are dangerous AF when you are drunk if they aren't stiff or don't fit well. Fold over while walking, bust ass. I've seen tons of people get them caught on the bar foot bar or stool and eat shit when they tried to get up, me included.

I wouldn't doubt that for a second... I think they'd be dangerous to wear even when you have all your wits about you.

Couldn't imagine driving with the things.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Hope not, I'm wearing them now
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#23]
And increases your estrogen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:28:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Flip flops were brought to the US by veterans returning from the pacific in WWII. That should pretty much answer the question.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#25]
You can borrow my avatar and a little pink leash. Guaranteed to counteract any effect the flip flops may have.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Lower testosterone? Pshaw…

A man walks down the street in flip flops, people know he's not afraid of anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lower testosterone? Pshaw

A man walks down the street in flip flops, people know he's not afraid of anything.
View Quote
i wear crocs in public.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't stand flip flops.  They feel awful, I can't stand that thing between my toes, and they actively try to trip me or twist my ankle when I walk in them.  Worst shoes ever invented.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
It smells like New Balance in here, gross.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Y'all haven't meet too many Tongans.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Ahh, Winter Boots!

I was considering new flip flops today, but I just didn’t have the energy.

My current pair is paper thin in the heel, not good in the shop, I’m going to get stuck for sure from some lathe or mill shrapnel.

Don’t think they’ve affected my testosterone levels. Neither does the wife.  
She wishes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ahh, Winter Boots!

I was considering new flip flops today, but I just didn't have the energy.

My current pair is paper thin in the heel, not good in the shop, I'm going to get stuck for sure from some lathe or mill shrapnel.

Don't think they've affected my testosterone levels. Neither does the wife.  
She wishes.
View Quote
bru, you could step on a pop top and blow out your flip flop.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, Winter Boots!

I was considering new flip flops today, but I just didn't have the energy.

My current pair is paper thin in the heel, not good in the shop, I'm going to get stuck for sure from some lathe or mill shrapnel.

Don't think they've affected my testosterone levels. Neither does the wife.  
She wishes.

Then he'd have to limp on back home
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I wear jeans and boots for work all day long, often more that 14 hours a day.

When I’m home, I’m usually barefoot. Flip flops if I’m not.

Can’t speak whether to it lowers testosterone. I’m 39 and horny as fuck. Wife can vouch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I went to the liquor store after work this evening. Saw a "man" in line ahead of me at the register wearing nuthugger shorts, like something from the 1960s NBA, and flip flops. "His" toes were painted and beglittered. "He" bought a fifth of Bird Dog - so not terrible taste in booze, unless it was flavored. I was trying not to stare, but it was a bit jarring.

ETA toenails, to be specific, not the actual toe skin. The skin was pale and hairy compared to the dark blue and purple nail polish.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I went to the liquor store after work this evening. Saw a "man" in line ahead of me at the register wearing nuthugger shorts, like something from the 1960s NBA, and flip flops. "His" toes were painted and beglittered. "He" bought a fifth of Bird Dog - so not terrible taste in booze, unless it was flavored. I was trying not to stare, but it was a bit jarring.
View Quote
pics?!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I hope not, I'm wearing them now!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#38]
No.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
100 years ago nobody wore flip flops, and nobody was gay. Now lots of people wear flip flops and lots of people are gay.
Coincidence? I think not.
View Quote

That’s bullshit. You ever seen a gay Chinamen? Not even one. And them king fu bastards wear flip flops every goddamn day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I’m barefoot everywhere except where I can’t be.  Then It’s flip flops.  

Shoes are bad for your feet.   They atrophy the muscles and ligaments.  Your feet need to be flexed and used.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
pics?!
View Quote

One of these days I'll need to start wearing a gopro or the like when I go out, same as I've got dashcams running in the car, but alas, no pics. I don't even take my phone when I'm just running down to the neighborhood liquor store.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Hmmmm.  I just blew out a Goodyear wrangler.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#43]
The secret to life is comfortable shoes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
pics?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics?!

You'll have to go to EE for that!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#45]
No it just keeps gravel from hurting my feet
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You know Cornpop?
View Quote

Corn pop was a bad dude.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve only been in two fights in my life, and there’s nobody out there hunting me down (that I know of). I’ll take my chances.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No, but worrying about what other men wear on their feet does lower your testosterone.
View Quote

Not true. The sandal thing is an indication of the half-gay.

I myself wear the heavy duty testosterone sapping Crocs. That is because i exude such an overload if T that the drain of the Crocs keeps near normal levels.  Also out of too many married women's beds, jail and death.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In Florida, you’d be weird to not wear them at some point.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Yeah, I’ve seen that, I don’t want to go to that much trouble.

This is actually pretty on point (except for walking in parking lots at the beach or hotel-pool). One of the worst head injuries I ever got was from a shitty pair of flip flops that folded on me, I busted my ass on a sidewalk, face was all fucked up, ear, behind my ear. Now, I WAS drunk, but…

I know people who wear the damn things in clubs.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top