Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With his money he should have a haram of at least 12 in groups of four so their periods can't synch. If that takes another boat, so be it.
View Quote

He did build another boat. Apparently this one can't land helicopters, so he had a support ship built. The largest support ship in the world it was claimed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He did build another boat. Apparently this one can't land helicopters, so he had a support ship built. The largest support ship in the world it was claimed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With his money he should have a haram of at least 12 in groups of four so their periods can't synch. If that takes another boat, so be it.

That’s so fucking typical.  “I’ve made the greenest yacht around, it’s only the massive support ship and helicopter that burn fuel.”
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wow that thing is beautiful.
View Quote

Definitely!  Many of the big dollar yachts these days are hideous.  Kora has beautiful lines, and doesn't look bloated, even though it is HUGE.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#4]
His new fuck friend looks tasty! I bet he has chicks lining up to lick his taint on the regular.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Boom-furling junk-rigged sails are very nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why he has the support vessel (with helipad) tailing the sailboat.

Only the poors land their helo on their main yacht.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
Yeah but what kind of peasant has to take a tender from their yacht to their helicopter?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
butterface
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
IF I had his money I would buy a decommissioned US Navy gator freighter. Paint it to look civilian, mount a shot load of crew served weapons on it and hire a ton of super hot gals. We'd go to pirate hotspots and drag a big bag of wallets or whatever it is pirates want. As soon as they came towards us out come the crew served weapons with endless ammo while the hot chicks serve my friends cocktails. In short, we'd drive around getting hammered with hot women killing pirates.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s so fucking typical.  “I’ve made the greenest yacht around, it’s only the massive support ship and helicopter that burn fuel.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course, it'll be burning fuel 24/7/365 to run the generators.

And, the sails will most likely be used pretty rarely. Bezos calls up the yacht captain and says "meet me in San Diego... I want to make a run down to Mexico for the weekend"......    The captain's not going to be rousting the crew out of their hammocks to go unfurl the sails... he's gonna fire up the engines and haul ass to go pick up his owner.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Submarine yacht is the only answer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’d wager armed security rides along.
View Quote

100% I have been a tech exec for 22 yrs and every big company CEO I know has big time security because they are definite targets for crazies and kidnapping. Hell, I even have to have security in Africa, South America, Asia, Eastern Europe. I hate it but the board insists. I prefer low key and avoiding news coverage.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When do the somali pirates come for the booty?
View Quote

Big booty
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Absolutely.

Sub is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/05/16/23/71064319-12091211-image-a-32_1684274506786.jpg

https://luxurylaunches.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/jeff-bezos-koru-yacht-sailing-.jpg

https://cdn.boatinternational.com/convert/files/2023/04/57ee2780-d92b-11ed-97e8-432aa6232e01-bezos-yacht-koru0underway.jpg/r%5Bwidth%5D=1920/57ee2780-d92b-11ed-97e8-432aa6232e01-bezos-yacht-koru0underway.jpg

Bezos' new yacht was constructed over a period of five-years - and it will be the tallest in the world, measuring over 230ft tall.

The Executive Chairman of Amazon commissioned for the boat - called Koru - to be built in 2018 and the brand-new superyacht was constructed for a whopping $500 million.

Previously known as Y721 or Project 721, the yacht now goes by the name of Koru which means 'new beginnings' in Maori.

The vessel is 127 meters in length - with triple masts that reach 70 meters - making the sailing yacht nearly half the size of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

And with a big price tag comes a big upkeep cost. Reportedly this will cost around $25 million annually.

It was modeled on with three enormous masts so it can be powered largely by kinetic energy from the sails.

What this extremely advanced and green technology means is that the sails can be managed by a single person rather than an entire crew.

More Pics

View Quote

How would you like to flake that fucking main?  Sonofa.......
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Absolutely.

Sub is the way to go.
View Quote
Them's some big ol' holes in that pressure hull.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]

First of all, good for him. Just don't marry anything. Second, a submarine would be awesome as a TEOTWAWKI plan. The boat he built is such a flex cruising around the world. What a life.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Be a shame if it ran into a lost China shipping container and sunk.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very victorian era in apperance.  I like it.
View Quote

Yep. It's a very attractive ship and let's face it, any boat over 200' in length is a ship.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Half a billion and it's powered by wind? If I was spending half a billion for wind-powered ships, I'd be sailing around in a galleon surrounded by my armada of proper 18th century battleships

Eta:
Quoted:
When do the somali pirates come for the booty?
View Quote

I wonder who would win... Some pirates on a little boat or a full broadside of nothing but grapeshot, even in the 36 pounders
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
At least he's a less hypocritical cunt for using wind power.  Bill Gates wants me to eat crickets while he jet sets, has shitloads of server farms, and has a huge diesel yacht.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Beautiful boat but no place to land a helo so I will pass.

She must be great at the sex because she is certainly not a looker.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Modern, large cruise ships cost over a billion dollars.
View Quote

No comparison.  Those cruise ships take 4000 or more passengers plus beaucoup crew.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Be a shame if it ran into a lost China shipping container full of Amazon goods and sunk.
View Quote

fixed for ya
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I bet he's not even going to make his crew sing sea shanties. What a waste of a sailing ship
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Once the numbers get big it is astounding how cheap something like a $500-million yacht really is for someone like Bezos.

He is worth about $130-billion right now.  Meaning this yacht cost him 0.38% of his net worth.

Scale that down to someone worth $100k, and it's the equivalent of that person spending $380 on a kayak.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Damn, and I thought my friend’s 125foot sailing yacht was big.

Honestly though, Bezos’ boat is not attractive at all.
View Quote

All i see is a floating privateer platform for when shtf....
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought this was a dr fakie thread, I am sure he has a mega yatch as well
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Megayachts are a dime a dozen in the Med, and they've taken on a cookie-cutter look that reminds me of modern supercars. Bezos boat is an amazing retro-homage...it's beautiful under full sail, even if it's packed to the gunwales with technology.

Nobody in their right mind believes it runs under a single crew member, but just that fact that it could is the point. We have an oil exec in the neighborhood, his family vacations here with 24/7 hour armed security, in N Idaho. I'd bet Bezos support boat has the best money can buy, and plenty of them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe I missed it but it looks like the article only says the sails can be run by 1 person instead of a whole crew. Not that the entire ship can be run by a single person.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#32]
So, GD hates capitalism now?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, GD hates capitalism now?
View Quote
Not one has GD suggested that the State seize this lizard-person's private property and redistribute it to whoever the Party sees fit.  

We're mocking his taste and questioning his humanity, not agitating for his shit to be confiscated.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Somehow I don't think that boat's construction was Climate Pledge Friendly(TM).
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks aren't everything but you'd think someone with that level of money would have a much better looking girlfriend
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#36]
On this episode of Below Deck, Captain Lee kicks Billy Boy off the cruise for reprogramming the navigation to stop at Little Saint James Island, aka Island of Sin.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Koru is a sailing yacht with an overall length of 127 m. The yacht's builder is Oceanco from The Netherlands, who launched Koru in 2023. The superyacht has a beam of 16.95 m, a draught of 4.3 m and a volume of 3,493 GT.

Koru features . Up to 18 guests can be accommodated on board the superyacht, Koru, and she also has accommodation for 36 crew members, including the ship's captain. Koru has a steel hull. She is powered by 2 MTU engines.

In the world rankings for largest yachts, the superyacht, Koru, is listed at number 32. She is the largest yacht built by Oceanco. Koru's owner is shown in SYT iQ and is exclusively available to subscribers. On SuperYacht Times, we have 166 photos of the yacht, Koru, and she is featured in 18 yacht news articles.