Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2024 5:53:59 PM EDT
Does anyone in their 60s have experience is losing body fat (love handles, abdominal and chest areas). This is stubborn fat accumulation that many have and is there an effective way to lose this fat? I am otherwise without any noticeable fat on the rest of my body. I am Male, 6' and 170#. Is liposuction a good option and has anyone here have personal experience being older and resolving this issue? I would appreciate some useful specific insight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Delta] [#1]
Okay
396lb in Dec 2022 had the gastric sleeve surgery, if I didn't I would be dead.
Today I am down to 248 lbs and all medical issues have been cured or reversed, Was wearing a size 52 waist down to 38"

The thing is if you have 90-95 grams of protein daily you will lose weight.

I am 61yrs old today and I am alive because of this...
Lost 150+ lbs
You can do it, I had given up completely.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The fast way is to just get into ketosis and stay there for a couple months.

If you were previously obese though it may be extra skin rather than extra fat.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9D1Alpha] [#3]
Lift in the AM before breakfast  . Big compound movements , slow and heavy .

* get a CGM and realize the only way out of the polyol pathway is whole cuts of meat and veggies
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#4]
Originally Posted By eldavido:
Does anyone in their 60s have experience is losing body fat (love handles, abdominal and chest areas). This is stubborn fat accumulation that many have and is there an effective way to lose this fat? I am otherwise without any noticeable fat on the rest of my body. I am Male, 6' and 170#. Is liposuction a good option and has anyone here have personal experience being older and resolving this issue? I would appreciate some useful specific insight.
View Quote

Everyone has somewhere that their body *likes* to store fat first and foremost, and that'll be the last place you'll lose it.  Targeted lipo or the "cold laser" or whatever treatments would help, otherwise you just have to keep losing the fat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
At 6 ft. And 170 lb. you honesty sound underweight. Maybe it isn’t that you need to lose fat, maybe it is that you need to gain muscle.
Top Top