Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The idea does nothing for me. Killing a huge animal like that just for the hell of it.  

To each their own I guess......
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's obvious  who has gone to a public school.    I'm still chuckling at the statement  of "hard hunting".

I don't hunt elephants for the simple reason of cost.   Same thought process goes for any other African hunt. If anyone else wants to pony up the cash, feel free.

That's why I like hunting in Texas.  Lots of African plains game to be found and no taking out a loan to shoot the things.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's obvious  who has gone to a public school.    I'm still chuckling at the statement  of "hard hunting".

I don't hunt elephants for the simple reason of cost.   Same thought process goes for any other African hunt. If anyone else wants to pony up the cash, feel free.

That's why I like hunting in Texas.  Lots of African plains game to be found and no taking out a loan to shoot the things.

View Quote
Texas needs to bring in some African dangerous game. Hippos and buffalo would be a good start.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sooner do the Cape Buffalo.

View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dwindling in some area's and over populated in others. They are very destructive animals and have to be managed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their numbers are dwindling daily, not for me although I understand it.
Dwindling in some area's and over populated in others. They are very destructive animals and have to be managed.

The 'natives' get irritated when an elephant starts destroying crops and villages.
Let alone an occasional native.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You need your own Outdoor Channel Show:

Tracks Across Wisconsin

E1S1:  Natty Light, Public Land and Deer Camp....Hunting Hard in the Kickapoo.

View Quote

That’s funny coming from a Texas man .

Shiner Bock, a Taj Mahal elevated house and the sweet soft sounds of a beeping clicking deer feeder, all in the shadows of a nice high fence...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Zero desire to kill an elephant.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
another ignorant post. lol @ helpless
View Quote

Let me go one step further all trophy hunters are morons. Ignorant call it what you like. Unless you were going to eat the meat of the kill just killing a beautiful animal for the sake of it is wrong.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Not my thing.

I derive no pleasure from killing living creatures.

If it doesn't fuck with me, it has nothing to fear from me.

ymmv

eta

This naturally excludes animals that I actually eat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Texas needs to bring in some African dangerous game. Hippos and buffalo would be a good start.
View Quote

Use elephants as being destructive as a reason for the need to hunt them in one breath and then talk of importing hippos for hunting in another. As far as overpopulation of elephants, again that is in a relatively small area. For an animal that once roamed much of the continent this is now where they lean be found.  Spreading them out would help some of this problem. Culling would help in other areas.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Elephant is a bit too majestic to me to sport hunt.  If I had a reason, like it was rampaging and hurting people or it was doing lots of damage and was a rogue elephant i would be on it in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Why? You can't take any of it home with you. No ivory, no skin to make boots.

Technically you can't even let your kids pick up a blue jay feather they found in the yard or let them glue it to a paper plate with macaroni.

Laws have consequences and as many have said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Let me go one step further all trophy hunters are morons. Ignorant call it what you like. Unless you were going to eat the meat of the kill just killing a beautiful animal for the sake of it is wrong.
View Quote

If you eat the meat is it ok to keep the trophy?

What if you give the meat to a needy family instead of eating yourself?

Just trying to make sure where your morality meter stands.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Technically you can't even let your kids pick up a blue jay feather they found in the yard or let them glue it to a paper plate with macaroni.

Laws have consequences and as many have said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
View Quote

Last I looked legally hunted ivory is still importable, but it can never be sold.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and doubling down on ignorance. Bold strategy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Completely wrong
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you eat the meat is it ok to keep the trophy?

What if you give the meat to a needy family instead of eating yourself?

Just trying to make sure where your morality meter stands.
View Quote

Some people don't like helping others.

My son and I had three deer tags left over after we filled our freezer this year. We did our best to fill them... they get dropped off at the processor's, free of charge, never to be seen again. They get donated to Hunters Share The Harvest, and go to those who need the meat.

Pretty much a local version of what happens with the meat in Africa.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
what? You can bring the ivory and whatever you want home with you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Big huge nope from me

Morally and all that I dont have a problem

Ive heard the hunts really benefit the locals and this and that. Not sure if true but Im sure its got to help their economy

Anyways the big hard nope from me now a days is if some crazy lib found out you did it and went out of their way to ruin your life over it. Ive seen them succeed enough to make me uncomfy
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably the only animal I couldn’t shoot...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of reasons to hunt Elephants. They are overpopulated, destructive and kill humans. The meat doesn't go to waste and the money spent funds conservation efforts. Without trophy hunting these animals would be extinct in the wind.  Climb down off your high horse and educate yourself.
How to eat an African Elephant.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Some people don't like helping others.

My son and I had three deer tags left over after we filled our freezer this year. We did our best to fill them... they get dropped off at the processor's, free of charge, never to be seen again. They get donated to Hunters Share The Harvest, and go to those who need the meat.

Pretty much a local version of what happens with the meat in Africa.
View Quote

Well you're obviously a horrible person for killing an animal you didn't eat

Obvious sarcasm (hopefully)....well done to you and your son
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Need a few new trashcans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I would if I could keep the ivories. Otherwise not worth it.

Already giving away the meat.

That said if I had the money to hunt an elephant I’d have the money to have a second home in a country where the ivories were legal.

That said it’s not very high on the list of “wants” to hunt.

Top list of wants

Wyoming Grizzly
Wolf
Moose
Elk, just like every year.
Mountain lion
Hogs

Likely next hunts
Black bear
Antelope
Elk
Deer
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
it all gets eaten... and sport hunting is the only reason these animals still  exist in the wild.
View Quote

What a load of crap.   Hunters are the worlds conservationists.    That is just rationalizing killing for fun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would if I could meet the ivories. Otherwise not worth it.

View Quote

You can import the ivory and whatever else you want from the Elephant.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What a load of crap.   Hunters are the worlds conservationists.    That is just rationalizing killing for fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it all gets eaten... and sport hunting is the only reason these animals still  exist in the wild.

and there it is. The most ignorant and uneducated comment in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#29]
If I win the lottery, I would like to do some African hunting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Killing endangered species for sport just to get your dick hard. Weird.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of cape and water buffalo in Texas. I shot the latter in 2017. (same year I shot a zebra)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Nah...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, ok tex. The only hard thing about texas hunting is the atv drive to your elevated stand by a feeder. Oh, and opening the gate to the high fence enclosure that you're hunting in.

Hunting hard means being out in the Wisconsin woods at 5am every day and hunting until dark, every day. Scouting on off days and in the summer. Not sitting in a heated stand, not road hunting (like so many "western hunters" do), not baiting (looking at you texas). Getting out to the middle of nowhere and walking several miles in and out each day, plus carrying the game out.

Hunting in the mountains from dawn to dusk, walking back away from roads up steep hills, sometimes at very high elevation. Camping in the freezing ass cold and wind and subsisting on mountain house for a week. Packing a 200lb mule deer out over terrain that looks like a mine field of 300 pound legos.

Spending the off season conditioning, shooting, conditioning, shooting, scouting, mapping, planning.  

< COC6 violation removed.  Warning issued -- BB >
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do understand that something can be endangered in one area and overpopulated in another right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Elephants are not endangered and that's a weak attempt at an insult.  Maybe try educating yourself instead of going off "feels" Turn off Disney and put on a nature documentary showing the damage Elephants do to their environment, crops and humans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You do understand that something can be endangered in one area and overpopulated in another right?
View Quote
African Elephants are not even classified as endangered. Private land supported by sport hunting has brought their populations back to the point of overpopulation. But the idiots will keep bitching about hunting them as if they have a clue what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weirder is typing what you just did and not seeing the stupidity of it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Probably the only animal I couldn’t shoot...
View Quote

Yep This . And a Giraffe  .
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL, ok tex. The only hard thing about texas hunting is the atv drive to your elevated stand by a feeder. Oh, and opening the gate to the high fence enclosure that you're hunting in.

Hunting hard means being out in the Wisconsin woods at 5am every day and hunting until dark, every day. Scouting on off days and in the summer. Not sitting in a heated stand, not road hunting (like so many "western hunters" do), not baiting (looking at you texas). Getting out to the middle of nowhere and walking several miles in and out each day, plus carrying the game out.

Hunting in the mountains from dawn to dusk, walking back away from roads up steep hills, sometimes at very high elevation. Camping in the freezing ass cold and wind and subsisting on mountain house for a week. Packing a 200lb mule deer out over terrain that looks like a mine field of 300 pound legos.

Spending the off season conditioning, shooting, conditioning, shooting, scouting, mapping, planning.  

< COC violation removed. -- BB >
View Quote

You do realize that not all hunting in Texas is like what you see on TV? I don't know why I just asked that. It's obvious you don't.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
African Elephants are not even classified as endangered. Private land supported by sport hunting has brought their populations back to the point of overpopulation. But the idiots will keep bitching about hunting them as if they have a clue what they're talking about.
View Quote

Admittedly I'm not up to speed on what is endangered and where....thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Admittedly I'm not up to speed on what is endangered and where....thanks for letting me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're classified as "vulnerable" with an increasing population. They're a success story of private land hunting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#42]
These threads always bring out the Fudds.  It's sad...  Probably the same people who say "I believe in the 2nd Amendment, but..."
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You do realize that not all hunting in Texas is like what you see on TV? I don’t know why I just asked that. It’s obvious you don’t.
View Quote

I do know that, but you're not hunting exotic species outside a high fence, and that's what ol' tex said he does.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Elephants, big cats, giraffes, and zebras hold no appeal to me, but Cape Buffalo is on my bucket list.

https://senalala.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Huge-Cape-Buffalo-Boss.jpg
View Quote

holy shit that thing is HUGE. I would love to hunt a big cape.  Ideally from an APC,
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Ultimate prize.   My bucket list hunt.

Quoted:

This. Not opposed to it but could hunt a lot of cape’s for the price of one ele. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123343/A2B2EC52-33BC-4BDC-A4C1-C06A54FB805F-1055154.jpg

My man!!  Living the dream!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the African elephant not an endangered species?

Quoted:
Elephants are not endangered and that's a weak attempt at an insult.  Maybe try educating yourself instead of going off "feels" Turn off Disney and put on a nature documentary showing the damage Elephants do to their environment, crops and humans.
View Quote

LOL

Elephants have been in Africa for millions of years but now they are the problem, not exploding birth rates of the other native's population.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is the African elephant not an endangered species?

Elephants have been in Africa for millions of years but now they are the problem, not exploding birth rates of the other native's population.
View Quote

No it's not. It's a vulnerable species with a rising population.

and people over animals. If not for sport hunting there would be nothing but cattle in Africa.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I get the feeling OP opened this thread for the only reason so he could get to "educate" everyone who doesn't agree with him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I do know that, but you're not hunting exotic species outside a high fence, and that's what ol' tex said he does.
View Quote

Actually, yes you can. They are all escaped exotics and can be shot on sight. The mouflon two weeks ago for example.   No limit, no season and they have a breeding population.    I also laugh at the "high fenced" BS.  I hunt a lease  bigger than the county you live in and it has no stands or feeders,  Mr "Hard Hunter"

Let's play a game.  Go to the Texas map.  Find the town called. "Rock Springs"  that's the south ranch entrance and the only place with any buildings or power.  Now, find the town to the north up 377 called "Telegraph"  5 miles south of that is the north lease entrance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I get the feeling OP opened this thread for the only reason so he could get to "educate" everyone who doesn't agree with him.
View Quote
if you bothered to read the original post I tried to avoid this stupidity but people like yourself can't help but virtue signal while also being totally wrong.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top