Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 271 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:48:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#1]
There are a number of cars around here with anti Musk bumper stickers and plates that give me the WTF.
Stuff like "I'll never accept a ride from Elon unless it's to space" or "not a Tesla," both of which are on a Mercedes. Or a Mustang MachE with "NotTsla" for a plate. It seems about a quarter of Tesla S and X have a pun about being electric or fast on their plates, I haven't noticed such on 3 and Y. And none of them say they aren't other brands or have many bumper stickers beyond the occasional electric vehicle sticker MD used to do for HOV lanes (now obsolete).

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kharn:
There are a number of cars around here with anti Musk bumper stickers and plates that give me the WTF.
Stuff like "I'll never accept a ride from Elon unless it's to space" or "not a Tesla," both of which are on a Mercedes. Or a Mustang MachE with "NotTsla" for a plate. It seems about a quarter of Tesla S and X have a pun about being electric or fast on their plates, I haven't noticed such on 3 and Y. And none of them say they aren't other brands or have many bumper stickers beyond the occasional electric vehicle sticker MD used to do for HOV lanes (now obsolete).

Kharn
View Quote

He is one of the most powerful humans on the planet. He is also uncontrollable, so far. Starlink is the world's space internet, and he controls it, for now.

The upcoming election is going to pit him against the last bastion of power the Democrats and neo-conservatives have a stranglehold on, the media. It is Elon, versus the uni-party.

Expect him to be attacked on all fronts, from car stickers to the United Nations.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Or a Mustang MachE with "NotTsla" for a plate.
View Quote

I wonder if that's really a statement against Elon? Or someone who thought they were creative.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

He is one of the most powerful humans on the planet. He is also uncontrollable, so far. Starlink is the world's space internet, and he controls it, for now.

The upcoming election is going to pit him against the last bastion of power the Democrats and neo-conservatives have a stranglehold on, the media. It is Elon, versus the uni-party.

Expect him to be attacked on all fronts, from car stickers to the United Nations.

View Quote

Whether you are a fan of Musk or not, you have to admit that the global elite and the left, sure don't like him very much.

In my book, that makes him a good guy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

Whether you are a fan of Musk or not, you have to admit that the global elite and the left, sure don't like him very much.

In my book, that makes him a good guy.
View Quote

This fact and the fact that X is singlehandedly spearheading free speech ascwe know it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#6]
Pro-Gun FPC - Firearms Policy Coalition has been killing it on Twitter lately.  The ATF posted a tweet about "victims of gun violence" and FPC responded with this.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#7]

Late last year, several 𝕏 employees were threatened by a guy with a machete outside the Walgreens on Market St in SF.

They didn’t report it, because that doesn’t constitute an arrestable crime in California.

That guy later killed 3 people.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:47:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A_G] [#9]
Originally Posted By RSG:

View Quote

I remember in the early pages of THIS very thread, the leftist operatives were gaslighting us and telling us the company would implode if/when Musk got rid of as many people as he was planning to.

Like Musk said, to paraphrase, it turns out you don't need that many people to run the company when you don't run it as a propaganda machine.

How'd that work out for you, leftist fucks?

ETA:
Cry me a river, "ex director of 'civic integrity' Edward Perez", you can fuck off and die with the rest of your leftist ilk.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By P229SAS:
View Quote

lol. Best timeline.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Twitter links not working for others?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Working fine for me
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TxLewis:
View Quote

The site really needs to change their integration so both x.com and twitter.com links work

It was already a pain having to delete the ? and after BS
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:31:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#17]
View Quote

Today I noticed that twitter.com redirects to x.com and if you try to embed an 'x' one here it wouldn't work.  If you change the "x" to "twitter" in the url it still seems to work I guess.

ETA: nevermind it worked this time
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#18]

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1792697418208956746

Edit: Which link do I use to link tweets?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#19]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1792697418208956746

Edit: Which link do I use to link tweets?
View Quote

Neither

Despite my above post, where the 'x' link worked to my surprise, that seems to have been a one off.  Sub 'twitter' instead until things get worked out.

ETA: now this is weird, after I posted the twitter link, your first x link now shows as embedded?  I definitely don't know what's going on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#20]

Neither

Despite my above post, where the 'x' link worked to my surprise, that seems to have been a one off.  Sub 'twitter' instead until things get worked out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GODwy-abIAAW6z0?format=jpg&name=small

ETA: now this is weird, after I posted the twitter link, your first x link now shows as embedded?  I definitely don't know what's going on.
View Quote

Site staff updated the embedding code?

Edit:

Test Tweet using "x" (https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1792953914570019121)

Does not appear to work after hitting "submit"
but after waiting a minute and refreshing page, it does embed the Tweet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#21]
There's still a lot of fuckery going on over there.  I've got my account locked for a week now because I told David Hogg to go eat some more Tide Pods.  Another member complains that all her "conservative" followers somehow disappeared overnight and she had trouble even logging in.  People I know over there who thought Elon Musks' purchase of -X- would vastly improve things are scratching there heads at inconsistencies.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:
There's still a lot of fuckery going on over there.  I've got my account locked for a week now because I told David Hogg to go eat some more Tide Pods.  Another member complains that all her "conservative" followers somehow disappeared overnight and she had trouble even logging in.  People I know over there who thought Elon Musks' purchase of -X- would vastly improve things are scratching there heads at inconsistencies.
View Quote

Old Twitter was nothing short of a 3 letter agency propaganda tool. It would need a complete scratch build to fix. I think Elon did what he could given election time constraints, govt regulation, backdoor threats to him and his other companies and perhaps newly implemented traps to be used if/when Trump wins in Nov. Anyone who thinks he could have waltzed his way into Twitter HQ, assigned a team of new devs to "fix" it in a few months and Twitter would magically become a free and fair public town square platform in a timely fashion is not living in a state of reality.

It is 1000x times better than it was and is solely responsible for pulling back the curtains on the depths of corruption in our govt. for millions of normies. I'd like to see it completely fixed but I am grateful for the progress made thus far.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

You told someone to eat poison.  Someone reported you for a suggestion of self harm. Any suggestions of physical harm will cause that.  

You could have called him every name you can think of and not caught a ban but that will do it. Strict rules on that aspect are what allows him to dismiss claims that free speech is violence and Twitter is liable ect ect.

I don't catch bans because I walk right up to the line but never cross it.  

People on the left cry about this too. They catch bans all the time for threatening people or suggestions of violence or physical harm.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

You told someone to eat poison.  Someone reported you for a suggestion of self harm. Any suggestions of physical harm will cause that.  

You could have called him every name you can think of and not caught a ban but that will do it. Strict rules on that aspect are what allows him to dismiss claims that free speech is violence and Twitter is liable ect ect.

People on the left cry about this too. They catch bans all the time for threatening people or suggestions of violence or physical harm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

This is true.  I caught a lock for telling Chris Christie to waddle his fat ass back to NJ and have a coronary.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Some a-hole posted a picture of Trump in c casket with a few chosen words. I flagged it and X comes back with not violating X policy. X is a cesspool of liberals run by a liberal who pretends to be somewhat conservative.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

They suddenly redirect to x.com, which tells me they aren't sure what my problem is, but maybe my Firefox security settings are preventing them from fucking my computer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

They suddenly redirect to x.com, which tells me they aren't sure what my problem is, but maybe my Firefox security settings are preventing them from fucking my computer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They have been redirecting X.com links for months.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

They have been redirecting X.com links for months.
View Quote

This week is the first time I can remember going to twitter.com and landing at X.com instead.
But the reason I was paying attention is that I wasn't allowed to see the posts, which I was seeing just a few days ago, and I'm 99% sure I was seeing them at twitter.com not x.com.

I just went to a twitter link and got the error again.

Something went wrong, but don’t fret — let’s give it another shot.

⚠️ Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x.com
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Today I noticed that twitter.com redirects to x.com and if you try to embed an 'x' one here it wouldn't work.  If you change the "x" to "twitter" in the url it still seems to work I guess.

ETA: nevermind it worked this time
View Quote

Not for me. I got the whole url changing  the x.com homepage
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#31]

This week is the first time I can remember going to twitter.com and landing at X.com instead.
But the reason I was paying attention is that I wasn't allowed to see the posts, which I was seeing just a few days ago, and I'm 99% sure I was seeing them at twitter.com not x.com.

View Quote

This is what I noticed for me too, starting maybe last Thursday or Friday.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#32]

TWITTER FILES - CIA

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is the most famous of the 18 US government agencies that comprise the Intelligence Community (IC) of the United States of America. Unlike the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), the law strictly prohibits CIA employees or contractors from spying upon or running clandestine operations against American citizens on US soil.

But now, a new Twitter Files investigation reveals that a member of the Board of Trustees of the CIA’s mission-driven venture capital firm and ostensibly “former” IC and CIA analysts were involved in a 2021-2022 effort to take over Twitter’s content management system.

The effort also involved:

— a long-time IC contractor and senior Department of Defense R&D official who spent years developing technologies to detect whistleblowers (“insider threats”) like Edward Snowden and Wikileaks’ leakers;

— the proposed head of the DHS’ aborted Disinformation Governance Board, Nina Jankowicz, who aided US military and NATO “hybrid war” operations in Europe;

— Jim Baker, who, as FBI General Counsel, helped start the Russiagate hoax, and, as Twitter’s Deputy General Counsel, urged Twitter executives to censor The New York Post story about Hunter Biden.

https://x.com/shellenberger/status/1604902028852924416

These existing or former IC employees, contractors, or intermediaries weren’t satisfied with simply controlling Twitter. They also wanted to use PayPal, Amazon Web Services, and GoDaddy in a totalizing effort to de-platform, de-monetize, and excommunicate from the Internet entirely those individuals that the IC et al. deems to be a threat.

There is much that we still do not know about the effort. We do not know if officials within the CIA or any other IC organization ran the operation. It is possible that the only individuals involved in the effort were the ones we discovered. And none of the individuals involved responded to our request for information except for one.

But thousands of pages of Twitter Files and documents contained therein paint a clear picture of an organized operation by existing or former IC employees and contractors, using well-established IC tradecraft, to take control of Twitter’s content moderation.

Our investigation comes at a moment when governments and intelligence agencies around the world are stepping up their efforts to monitor and censor their citizens. It thus has large implications for policymakers and the public in Western nations that look to the US as a model for free speech and citizen control of the military.

This is a joint Public-Racket investigation. The authors are @Shellenberger @MTaibbi and @GalexyBrane. As always, the only condition we agreed to in publishing this was to first publish on X. At the end of this thread, we explain why and how this investigation began.

Here we go...
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPtuJh9XUAAIK2t?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPtuLq4WgAAM3E8?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

Fuck that guy, seriously. He was one of the assholes working with the gov to suppress legit news like the Hunter laptop story and banning doctors who didn't parrot the narrative around COVID

The 'Trust and Safety Team' enabled rules that mimicked far leftist ideology like dead naming trannies being a bannable offense.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#36]

This week we’re making Likes private for everyone to better protect your privacy.

– You will still be able to see posts you have liked (but others cannot).

– Like count and other metrics for your own posts will still show up under notifications.

– You will no longer see who liked someone else’s post.

– A post’s author can see who liked its posts.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have any experience re-rolling a new X account? Any good tips?

I caught a perma-ban for wishing "the worst manner of ass cancer" on those cunts that spray painted Stonehenge.

I have no remorse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#38]

We feel the need to comment on the widespread reporting in Brazilian news media regarding Justice Alexandre de Moraes’s most recent confrontational orders.  

According to reports in the Brazilian press, on his own authority, Moraes ordered X to delete posts criticizing a Brazilian politician and gave X an unreasonable deadline of only two hours to comply, subject to a daily fine of 100,000 real ($18,000 USD).  X complied in good faith by withholding the posts in Brazil the same day.  

In response, Moraes fined X not 100,000 real, as his original order had provided, but 700,000 real ($126,000 USD).  In his new order, Moraes claimed for the first time that he was fining X 100,000 real per offending post on the X platform, contradicting his own prior order that provided for a total fine of 100,000 real.

X has complied with Brazilian law by withholding the posts in question in Brazil and paying the 100,000 real fine, pending an appeal to the full Supreme Court.  Moraes’ attempt to increase the fine to 700,000 real ex post facto and in contradiction with his own prior order represents a clear denial of due process and should be overturned on appeal.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

We feel the need to comment on the widespread reporting in Brazilian news media regarding Justice Alexandre de Moraes’s most recent confrontational orders.  

According to reports in the Brazilian press, on his own authority, Moraes ordered X to delete posts criticizing a Brazilian politician and gave X an unreasonable deadline of only two hours to comply, subject to a daily fine of 100,000 real ($18,000 USD).  X complied in good faith by withholding the posts in Brazil the same day.  

In response, Moraes fined X not 100,000 real, as his original order had provided, but 700,000 real ($126,000 USD).  In his new order, Moraes claimed for the first time that he was fining X 100,000 real per offending post on the X platform, contradicting his own prior order that provided for a total fine of 100,000 real.

X has complied with Brazilian law by withholding the posts in question in Brazil and paying the 100,000 real fine, pending an appeal to the full Supreme Court.  Moraes’ attempt to increase the fine to 700,000 real ex post facto and in contradiction with his own prior order represents a clear denial of due process and should be overturned on appeal.

View Quote

What the fuck jurisdiction does this communist fuck have? Did they actually pay a fine or is this a joke? Next it'll be Canada, Australia, EU, China, Iran, et. al.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Elon Musk’s X wins $500M lawsuit from laid-off workers who claimed they were owed severance

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
Elon Musk’s X wins $500M lawsuit from laid-off workers who claimed they were owed severance

View Quote

He didn't exactly win $500 million, he just didn't have his money taken from him.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Censorship is the first priority of tyrants. Not surprised other companies bent the knee, because they believe in the cause.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Tortuous interference?

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Why do you think the commies lost their shit when musk bought twitter?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#47]
Elon just donated to a Trump superpac.

Link

A few months after Elon Musk said he didn’t want to “put a thumb on the scale monetarily” regarding the 2024 presidential election, the billionaire is doing just that via a contribution to the pro-Donald Trump America PAC, Bloomberg reported Friday. While the amount is unclear, the publication described it as “sizable,” citing those familiar with the matter but who were not identified. America PAC works on direct contact with voters and get-out-the-vote initiatives
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Musk for VP?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spidey07:
Why do you think the commies lost their shit when musk bought twitter?
View Quote

He has leverage on them.
They need his satellite's right?
And don't they need that ol' NASA startup he has?
He bought their psyop machine, and ran it fairly. The Bud Light boycott during last year's rainbow ramadan would NEVER have been allowed to happen under old twitter. Ever

They kinda need him.
He's famous enough that disappearing him would be noticed.
He's rich enough that he can afford "the process is the punishment" lawfare.
He has enough public support that they would have an unbelievably hard time trashing him

They mad.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:50:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#50]
Can you imagine how much more fucked we'd be right now if Elon didn't go all in?
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 271 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top