Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 274 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Merlin:
What is Linda saying?  There is no Closed Captioning and my hearing aids/bluetooth connection aren't working right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

What is Linda saying?  There is no Closed Captioning and my hearing aids/bluetooth connection aren't working right now.

An open letter to advertisers
Every day, hundreds of millions of people come to X to be part of the only global, real-time conversation. They come to share their thoughts and hear others. To share their content and see more. To debate and be debated. To entertain and be entertained. To inspire and be inspired. There is no substitute for X.
The power of this community to bring global conversations to life was the reason I was so excited to join X as CEO in June 2023.
After a career in media and advertising, I thought I had seen everything. Then I read the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee’s report entitled “GARM’s (Global Alliance for Responsible Media) Harm” last month. The report disclosed that their investigation had found evidence of an illegal boycott against many companies, including X.
As their report
found: "Evidence obtained by the Committee shows that GARM and its members directly organized boycotts and used other indirect tactics to target disfavored platforms, content creators, and news organizations in an effort to demonetize and, in effect, limit certain choices for consumers."
The consequence - perhaps the intent - of this boycott was to seek to deprive X’s users, be they sports fans, gamers, journalists, activists, parents or political and corporate leaders, of the Global Town Square.
To put it simply, people are hurt when the marketplace of ideas is undermined and some viewpoints are not funded over others as part of an illegal boycott.
This behavior is a stain on a great industry, and cannot be allowed to continue.
That is why, today, X has filed an antitrust lawsuit against the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM), the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA), and GARM members CVS Health, Mars, Orsted and Unilever. This is not a decision we took lightly, but it is a direct consequence of their actions.
The illegal behavior of these organizations and their executives cost X billions of dollars.
Since arriving at X, I made it my mission to continue to build a platform where people, brands and advertisers can thrive in our unique, dynamic and safe environment.
And because of this commitment to our users, even despite the boycott, usage has reached all time highs. Using a Twitter legacy metric, user active minutes, in August 2022, people spent 7.2 billion active minutes on the platform. Today, that number is more than 9 billion, a 25% increase.
The same is true for video - even compared to last year, daily video views are up 45% to 8.2 billion. X is innovating and growing.
We have met and surpassed the requests made by advertisers and groups such as GARM for new tools, both to improve advertiser controls and the effectiveness of our products to drive increased value for our customers.
We have proven our platform provides advertisers a way to showcase their brands and reach their target audiences safely, efficiently and effectively. That’s why I’ve worked in good faith with marketers across the globe to showcase our innovations and allay any concerns with brands whom I’ve partnered with for decades. The unfortunate reality is that despite all our efforts, hundreds of meetings and research to the contrary, many companies chose to dismiss the facts.
To those who broke the law, we say enough is enough. We are compelled to seek justice for the harm that has been done by these and potentially additional defendants, depending what the legal process reveals.
It's also clear that there are likely others who suffered at the hands of this activity. This case is about more than damages - we have to fix a broken ecosystem that allows this illegal activity to occur.
We will continue to innovate and ensure X has a vibrant future while the courts will hold accountable those who engaged in illegal behavior.
To all of you who have been part of the transformative journey we are on, thank you. Rest assured, we will not stop defending our global town square.
Linda
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: t75fnaco3pwzhd] [#2]
View All Quotes

It's covered here:

ETA: beat
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 4:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#5]

Too late. Stick it in them and destroy them.  Twitter can prove real damages here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Nice. That should work!

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

Too late. Stick it in them and destroy them.  Twitter can prove real damages here.
View All Quotes

Go after the individuals.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#11]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

100s of years of history shows that if they can’t control speech or information they lose. That’s why the Brit’s shut down the printing press.  That’s why “freedom of the press” in 1st amendment wasn’t about reporters, it was about the printing press.  

Commies gonna commie. If they can’t control speech, they’ll control the courts. (Or both). You see this in our own country. It’s like their playbook.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]

An open letter to advertisers
Every day, hundreds of millions of people come to X to be part of the only global, real-time conversation. They come to share their thoughts and hear others. To share their content and see more. To debate and be debated. To entertain and be entertained. To inspire and be inspired. There is no substitute for X.
The power of this community to bring global conversations to life was the reason I was so excited to join X as CEO in June 2023.
After a career in media and advertising, I thought I had seen everything. Then I read the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee's report entitled "GARM's (Global Alliance for Responsible Media) Harm" last month. The report disclosed that their investigation had found evidence of an illegal boycott against many companies, including X.
As their report
found: "Evidence obtained by the Committee shows that GARM and its members directly organized boycotts and used other indirect tactics to target disfavored platforms, content creators, and news organizations in an effort to demonetize and, in effect, limit certain choices for consumers."
The consequence - perhaps the intent - of this boycott was to seek to deprive X's users, be they sports fans, gamers, journalists, activists, parents or political and corporate leaders, of the Global Town Square.
To put it simply, people are hurt when the marketplace of ideas is undermined and some viewpoints are not funded over others as part of an illegal boycott.
This behavior is a stain on a great industry, and cannot be allowed to continue.
That is why, today, X has filed an antitrust lawsuit against the Global Alliance for Responsible Media (GARM), the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA), and GARM members CVS Health, Mars, Orsted and Unilever. This is not a decision we took lightly, but it is a direct consequence of their actions.
The illegal behavior of these organizations and their executives cost X billions of dollars.
Since arriving at X, I made it my mission to continue to build a platform where people, brands and advertisers can thrive in our unique, dynamic and safe environment.
And because of this commitment to our users, even despite the boycott, usage has reached all time highs. Using a Twitter legacy metric, user active minutes, in August 2022, people spent 7.2 billion active minutes on the platform. Today, that number is more than 9 billion, a 25% increase.
The same is true for video - even compared to last year, daily video views are up 45% to 8.2 billion. X is innovating and growing.
We have met and surpassed the requests made by advertisers and groups such as GARM for new tools, both to improve advertiser controls and the effectiveness of our products to drive increased value for our customers.
We have proven our platform provides advertisers a way to showcase their brands and reach their target audiences safely, efficiently and effectively. That's why I've worked in good faith with marketers across the globe to showcase our innovations and allay any concerns with brands whom I've partnered with for decades. The unfortunate reality is that despite all our efforts, hundreds of meetings and research to the contrary, many companies chose to dismiss the facts.
To those who broke the law, we say enough is enough. We are compelled to seek justice for the harm that has been done by these and potentially additional defendants, depending what the legal process reveals.
It's also clear that there are likely others who suffered at the hands of this activity. This case is about more than damages - we have to fix a broken ecosystem that allows this illegal activity to occur.
We will continue to innovate and ensure X has a vibrant future while the courts will hold accountable those who engaged in illegal behavior.
To all of you who have been part of the transformative journey we are on, thank you. Rest assured, we will not stop defending our global town square.
Linda
View Quote

Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

It's covered here:

ETA: beat
View Quote

Originally Posted By corruptor:

View Quote
Thanks!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

So you're telling me that Venezuela will go through 10 days of darkness?
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:41:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#14]
View Quote
Limey-stan is about to do the same.
They went full KGB/Gestapo.

Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Just the thought of this makes several US politicians wet just thinking about.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#16]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

View All Quotes

We have 400 million privately own firearms.
Limey subjects don't.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:40:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#17]
Limey subjects don't.
View All Quotes

Limey subjects don't.

In the ban states, the local .gov would probably gleefully raid a few guys for their fixed stock 10rd guns
aaaand Free 'murica will tweet to their heart's delight

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

There were twitter users joking about, "And what happens if the .UK gov tries to extradite Americans for their tweets? That'd get fucking spicy fast."
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]
When Twitter was left-leaning it was to be celebrated.  Now that X is right-leaning it needs banned.  

WWDD (what wood democracy do)?
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Funny thing is he put a wokester in as CEO.

Or did she recently have a come-to-her-senses moment?
View Quote

The jury is still out because of this.  That woman is WEF.  Therefore, absolutely no trust until proven otherwise without any margin for doubt.

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

In the ban states, the local .gov would probably gleefully raid a few guys for their fixed stock 10rd guns

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/MrGnG_jpg-3289601.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/whoisnext8924_jpg-3289602.JPG

There were twitter users joking about, "And what happens if the .UK gov tries to extradite Americans for their tweets? That'd get fucking spicy fast."
View Quote

Just saw the video clip of that limey wanker saying that stuff  

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

We already fought two wars against them over free speech (among other issues). I think the matter is settled at this point.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Limey subjects don't.
View All Quotes

Limey subjects don't.

LOL

There are far more than 400 million in the USA.
FAR more.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#24]

We already fought two wars against them over free speech (among other issues). I think the matter is settled at this point.
View All Quotes

Let’s go again!  Fuck you is in our blood.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#25]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

LOL

There are far more than 400 million in the USA.
FAR more.
View Quote

Fact.

Some have been in families for 75+ years.

There is no idea just how many firearms are in the hands of Americans.

I bet the real number is closer to 1 billion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 3:49:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

It's never settled.  DHS labels most of us potential terrorists they just can act on it.   Yet.

Never give up your weapons is all you can really do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Dude is going scorched earth
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:

Dude is going scorched earth
View Quote

The hero we need...
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Laughs in JP Morgan bailing out the Federal Government. Twice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#37]
#BlockMusk was trending for a while this morning.
The screechers are losing their shit.

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

History. Take the guns. Then take the speech.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Just like in present day Limey-stan.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#42]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GUyLH7UaQAAmvwo?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

The problem with accepting incitement as a legitimate justification for arresting people is that simply mentioning anything the government wants to sweep under the rug qualifies.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 2:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#43]

ETA:  Elon response

Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#44]

Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

lol!  Wow. They are truly losing their mind that they can’t control the narrative.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#46]
X is the World's newspaper, TV news, online forum and public square. If Elon can keep it open, free and fair it will change humanity.

Imagine Hitler and Mussolini trying to rise if a non-biased Twitter was around. You have heads of state, politicians, pundits, pollsters, citizen reporters, spies, news orgs, OSINT, etc. all with equal footing and all trying to control the narrative. The masses get to decide. Power to the people.

If Elon and Trump are still around in 12 months, it will be an act of God.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
#BlockMusk was trending for a while this morning.
The screechers are losing their shit.

View Quote

Dutch Fella is praying for Monkey Pox
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 3:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#48]

View Quote

Now that is some SPICE
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#49]
He really knows how to utilize his "Fuck You" money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

The problem with accepting incitement as a legitimate justification for arresting people is that simply mentioning anything the government wants to sweep under the rug qualifies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GUyLH7UaQAAmvwo?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's a feature, not a bug.
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 274 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top