[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:08:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#2]

thread

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Twitter is part of the liberal agenda they are safe as their crimes would reflect back upon the dems and FBI in a criminal light....

Nothing to see here move along
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
Originally Posted By Lomshek:
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
The Tesla CEO added that there is "some chance" the number of fake and bot accounts "might be over 90% of daily active users", although Twitter told the SEC last month that the total was under 5% of its 229 million month active users. He also suggested users were being "manipulated" by Twitter's algorithm.

Holy shit!

Before this is over Musk might force the SEC’s hand into jailing or at least seriously fining the board.

We’ve known they manipulate the shot out of views & likes but it sounds like the truth is coming out.  If even half of the Twitter sphere is bullshit the same is likely true of Facebook and IG.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be hilarious if this prompts some kind of social media renaissance where only real users are allowed.

That's some Enron level shit. I don't see how the SEC could avoid jailing people.

They'll just ignore it like all feds do

Vanguard, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, and Fidelity are some of the largest shareholders of Twitter.

It's going to be hard to ignore when those players lose their ass, because Twitter has been lying this entire time.

Billionaires probably don't have to worry about getting justice.  Just us peasants

the majority that work at those places are the same peasants you speak of.  this fuckery hurts them too.

Nobody is gonna throw anyone in jail, not the millionaires nor the janitors

I bet he thought so too

https://t0.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8OZ6LmT4Ms1QsZNvBlwhpRmP_T3ndq8X7LfGmjS7PWpgoEahTHvPP4ZF8rl86

Twitter is part of the liberal agenda they are safe as their crimes would reflect back upon the dems and FBI in a criminal light....

How does it play out then? Billions of $ in value built on fraudulent pretext evaporates, people lose shit piles of money but do and say nothing because Twitter is “part of the liberal agenda”?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

thread

View Quote

Notice that he's specifically focusing on "spam", not "bots"...

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]

How does it play out then? Billions of $ in value built on fraudulent pretext evaporates, people lose shit piles of money but do and say nothing because Twitter is “part of the liberal agenda”?
View All Quotes
The Tesla CEO added that there is "some chance" the number of fake and bot accounts "might be over 90% of daily active users", although Twitter told the SEC last month that the total was under 5% of its 229 million month active users. He also suggested users were being "manipulated" by Twitter's algorithm.

Holy shit!

Before this is over Musk might force the SEC’s hand into jailing or at least seriously fining the board.

We’ve known they manipulate the shot out of views & likes but it sounds like the truth is coming out.  If even half of the Twitter sphere is bullshit the same is likely true of Facebook and IG.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be hilarious if this prompts some kind of social media renaissance where only real users are allowed.

That's some Enron level shit. I don't see how the SEC could avoid jailing people.

Vanguard, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, and Fidelity are some of the largest shareholders of Twitter.

It's going to be hard to ignore when those players lose their ass, because Twitter has been lying this entire time.

Billionaires probably don't have to worry about getting justice.  Just us peasants

the majority that work at those places are the same peasants you speak of.  this fuckery hurts them too.

I bet he thought so too

https://t0.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8OZ6LmT4Ms1QsZNvBlwhpRmP_T3ndq8X7LfGmjS7PWpgoEahTHvPP4ZF8rl86

Do you remember the summer of 2020?  Did they not ignore billions and billions in destruction across the country?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]

https://i.imgur.com/Fv8gItj.png
View Quote

Musk is the next great hero. Almost as good of a troll as Trump.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fargo007:.

Most of these are probably created and operated by twitter itself, which is the underlying problem.
View Quote

I stated this weeks ago and it seems to be an accurate assessment as we see this play out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]

lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Well, that pretty much sums up Elon Musk's thoughts on the matter.

Clear, concise, and straight to the point.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]
https://i.imgur.com/ZpDAJYX.jpg

lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
What exactly is a "fake account" on Twitter?

Using an account with a twitter handle of "HonestAbe" rather than "Abraham Lincoln" - - would that be a fake account?
View Quote
Multiple accounts run by one person, using software instead of their-thumbs-on-a-screen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Do you remember the summer of 2020?  Did they not ignore billions and billions in destruction across the country?
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

I bet he thought so too

A Target in the hood getting looted and a courthouse getting windows busted out didn’t cause a bunch of billionaires to lose mountains of money. It’s not even remotely the same. Different set of perpetrators and a different set of victims.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#15]

View Quote

Lol exactly
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]

A Target in the hood getting looted and a courthouse getting windows busted out didn’t cause a bunch of billionaires to lose mountains of money. It’s not even remotely the same. Different set of perpetrators and a different set of victims.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

I bet he thought so too

Don't get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

I'm still of the belief that Jack is a case of a Founder and CEO who's company was taken in a direction he didn't want when he brought in outside people. At least to some extent.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
What exactly is a "fake account" on Twitter?

Using an account with a twitter handle of "HonestAbe" rather than "Abraham Lincoln" - - would that be a fake account?

An account that exists and doesn't have a 1:1 relationship with a real person.  

A computer controlled account that trends what you tell it to trend, and represents itself outwardly as being a real opinion.

Most of these are probably created and operated by twitter itself, which is the underlying problem.

Sounds more like musk is trying to expose/kill Twitter than buy Twitter.

It could be both. Expose them, send the wokes responsible for it to jail, and then buy it for pennies on the dollar.

It really looks like, he's playing a poker game with them where he's pushing them in on what they're claiming to be/have.

"Oh you have only 5% bots? Really nowww."
[Pushes in pile of chips]

"Oh there's no AlgorithmTM serving a left-elite agenda while killing the site? Reallllly...."
[Pushes in another stack of chips]

Etc.

It's amazing, Twitter and the media's freakout over this, is all because he's asking Twitter if what they're claiming to be true, is actually true.
They cannot handle it.

What's funny is, I really do personally believe Jack told him everything. He knows what questions to ask, he knows which claims to push, he knows what the real numbers are, and he's doing a "drip drip drip" to twitter's woke executives and janitors.

I'm still of the belief that Jack is a case of a Founder and CEO who's company was taken in a direction he didn't want when he brought in outside people. At least to some extent.

I'm with you on that.

I don' think Elon is merely taking educated guesses on where to press.
Maybe Jack told him everything, maybe he's heard a lot of "open secrets" about what twitter is and how it's run.
I think Jack's talked to him, and he's probably had ground level employees talk to him too.

If you're a 20something year old tech kid who got his first Tesla, Elon Musk basically is Tony Stark.

I look forward to seeing this all unfold, I think Musk knows where the weak points are.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Speaking of old tech, I set up an XP VM through HyperV on Windows 10 to run a MSDOS program from 1987 over the weekend. As Windows 10 doesn't natively have an XP Virtual Mode like W7 did, this required downloading the XP Mode exe, but since that is no longer supported by MS, all the links to the download are dead. So a trip through the Wayback Machine was required, and thankfully there was a link and download.

A little archive extraction and a file extension rename to .vhd gives a working copy of XP. Mount the VHD in Disk Management and move the MSDOS program to C:\, unmount and create the VM though Hyper-V, finish the XP install and we have a working VM that runs the program.

Quick call to the activation center and presto, a running and activated copy of XP in a VM on Windows 10 to run an MSDOS program from 1987.

I was born in 1988 btw

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
I still have Visual Studio v4.0 for both 16-bit & 32-bit on 1.44 floppies. One day, I'll glue them all to a big board and hang it on my wall.

Anyone want to buy my TWTR stonks?

Speaking of old tech, I set up an XP VM through HyperV on Windows 10 to run a MSDOS program from 1987 over the weekend. As Windows 10 doesn't natively have an XP Virtual Mode like W7 did, this required downloading the XP Mode exe, but since that is no longer supported by MS, all the links to the download are dead. So a trip through the Wayback Machine was required, and thankfully there was a link and download.

A little archive extraction and a file extension rename to .vhd gives a working copy of XP. Mount the VHD in Disk Management and move the MSDOS program to C:\, unmount and create the VM though Hyper-V, finish the XP install and we have a working VM that runs the program.

Quick call to the activation center and presto, a running and activated copy of XP in a VM on Windows 10 to run an MSDOS program from 1987.

I was born in 1988 btw

DOSBOX for the win
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

View All Quotes

Yep! How long until we have an "Energizer Bunny" horde of "Never Musker" cunts?!

Give it time. If they ever get tired of being Never Trumpers, this will surely follow.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#22]
https://i.imgur.com/ZpDAJYX.jpg

lol
View Quote

Of course he hasn't, because he KNOWS they either don't exist, or he'd just be calling another phone number inside twitter.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By oulufinn:

Yep! How long until we have an "Energizer Bunny" horde of "Never Musker" cunts?!

Give it time. If they ever get tired of being Never Trumpers, this will surely follow.
View Quote

They're Rezidents, and thus, have done and will continue to do what their handlers tell them to do.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Don't get your hopes up.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

I bet he thought so too

Don't get your hopes up.

Kind of up to Elon at this point. If he goes through with the purchase as planned, no harm no foul, everything goes on as it is. If the pin doesn’t get put back in the grenade and he pulls out of the deal, it’s game on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Maybe the Chinese are buying the ads and don’t care if they work.  Or maybe its dem supporting companies buying ads or government ads for ESG..
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm with you on that.

Maybe Jack told him everything, maybe he's heard a lot of "open secrets" about what twitter is and how it's run.
I think Jack's talked to him, and he's probably had ground level employees talk to him too.

If you're a 20something year old tech kid who got his first Tesla, Elon Musk basically is Tony Stark.

I look forward to seeing this all unfold, I think Musk knows where the weak points are.
View Quote

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

This is my working theory.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Headshot
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

DOSBOX for the win
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
I still have Visual Studio v4.0 for both 16-bit & 32-bit on 1.44 floppies. One day, I'll glue them all to a big board and hang it on my wall.

Anyone want to buy my TWTR stonks?

I was born in 1988 btw

DOSBOX for the win

If I didnt have an XP program that I needed to run as well, I would have used that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#29]

thread

View Quote

He’s trying to change the conversation to spam, and not about bots.

Deny, deflect, make counter accusations
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:

Maybe the Chinese are buying the ads and don’t care if they work.  Or maybe its dem supporting companies buying ads or government ads for ESG..
View Quote

It's like all the login blocked newspapers .. they still load adds behind the block screen and I'm sure charge for adds pepe literally cants see.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#31]

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

View All Quotes

I'm with you on that.

Seems very plausible that an unprincipled course of action (because the ends justify the means, right?) got away from the actors and may well be their undoing.

I have seen this movie
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Jumped back on when the deal was announced.

My experience the last few week’s confirms that Twitter is a sewer.

The lefty’s and their tweets just make me mad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

View All Quotes

thread

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By midmo:

I'm a little rusty on my multi-billion dollar social media acquisition procedures ...

Why would Musk be subject to the $1B pull-out penalty if the deal was made under false pretenses?

View Quote

It's my understanding he's buying it as is with no due diligence.
Like waiving the inspection contingency on a home purchase contract.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#35]

The value of the company rests entirely on the quantity of real, human users.

If they misrepresented that, they have committed fraud by over-inflating the value of the stock.

Fraud not only in the sale of the company to Musk, but they would have also been committing fraud against the shareholders as well.

View Quote

and advertisers?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

thread

Not to mention "data, facts, and context" ain't what they used to be these days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#37]
I'm seeing the word "context" being used a lot more frequently these days, by the usual suspects.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Not knowing how securities laws work, what would happen if Elon:

1. Disclosed an insider sale of 70 million shares at an average price of $30/share.

2. Backed out of the deal, claiming that all the so-called users were bots, and paid the $1B breach of contract fee.

3. Disclosed an insider purchase of 200 million shares at an average price of $10/share.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:

I'm a little rusty on my multi-billion dollar social media acquisition procedures ...

Why would Musk be subject to the $1B pull-out penalty if the deal was made under false pretenses?

If Elon identifies a bunch of problems, he can fire tons of people, and say it's all part of his plan to fix those problems.  
Now he's using Parag as an example.  If Parag doesn't clean up the numbers, Elon will find someone that will.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#41]
https://i.imgur.com/vSKLXPe.jpg
View Quote
Sunlight is a great disinfectant.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Except for video of events that are taken live as they happen very little posted on twitter that you can't just get some place else.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#43]
By Parag's own admission, Twitter is shutting down "over half a million" accounts a day for spam.

Assuming, very optimistically, that their process is 90% effective, that missed 10% means 50,000 spam accounts *A DAY* are surviving.

50,000 * 365 = 18.2MM a year
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Twitter annual shareholder meeting is May 25th, could be interesting.

https://investor.twitterinc.com/events-and-presentations/annual-meeting/
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:
By Parag's own admission, Twitter is shutting down "over half a million" accounts a day for spam.

Assuming, very optimistically, that their process is 90% effective, that missed 10% means 50,000 spam accounts *A DAY* are surviving.

50,000 * 365 = 18.2MM a year
View Quote

and only 229 million users .....
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

They have SEC filings. If they knowingly lied/misrepresented the company in the SEC filings he can walk away without penalty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Likes Fraud makes it look like the Commies have a majority on every topic.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#49]

1. Disclosed an insider sale of 70 million shares at an average price of $30/share.

2. Backed out of the deal, claiming that all the so-called users were bots, and paid the $1B breach of contract fee.

3. Disclosed an insider purchase of 200 million shares at an average price of $10/share.
View Quote

I would think Elon would have a crew from the SEC crawl up his ass with a flashlight and a map, looking to make a case of market manipulation.  I think a lot would depend on the timing and how close the 70m sale and back-out were to the 200m repurchase.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

I would think Elon would have a crew from the SEC crawl up his ass with a flashlight and a map, looking to make a case of market manipulation.  I think a lot would depend on the timing and how close the 70m sale and back-out were to the 200m repurchase.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Isn't the SEC already doing that to Elon?
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 61 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top