User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet the author would love to know what the privately owned gun stores refer to "them" as.
View Quote
Well tell us at least

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I call them Mondays because everybody hates Monday
View Quote

IF a huge brawl breaks out is that called a case of the mondays?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, nothing new. The term was common when I bussed and then waited tables at a nicer restaurant through high school around '94-98. Not all of course, but a lot of Canadians tend to be extremely demanding customers who rarely tip. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife's experience waiting tables mirrors most that have been stated in this thread. She worked in an area with a high number of Pentecostal people and she said they were absolutely horrible tippers with horrible manners to boot.

When I delivered pizzas, the absolute worst tippers were teachers with any church organization being a very close second.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I never realized or connected the term with no tipping. I guess in this case it is not racial; but social/economic in origin.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Heard it in my first waiter gig in ‘95. Canadians don’t tip.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LE has been using that term for years until it became news. That's pretty tame, I have heard some much more creative and insulting ones that sound innocent unless you know.
View Quote
My cop friends all call them Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If she's that upset, someone should introduce her to the Larry Elder video about tipping.
View Quote

Blacks Are Lousy Tippers; Hurts ‘Race Relations’ | Larry Elder

Never heard of this.

In this thread, we find out who's waited tables and worked restaurants or not...
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wait until she figures out what "cracker" means....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How fucked up has our country become that we have to use code words.
View Quote

Freedom isn't free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Canada is the only place my family and I have been given the finger for no reason, while driving.

Then there's giving our car an anal exam for no reason.

Canadians, the ones from Canada, are not nice people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn Arizonans, always fucking things up with “nick names.”

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]
As a lifeguard, we called a certain group “9s” because they would not know how to swim, but would ride the biggest slide in the park like they had 9 lives.

Colors and cultures varied…
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I call them Mondays because everybody hates Monday
View Quote

That's the other established one. A newer one is "presidents".
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn Arizonans, always fucking things up with “nick names.”

View Quote

Well, we do get a bunch of Canadian snow birds here during the winter
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Should I be outraged or boycott Cracker Barrel?

Cause I don't care and I don't go there anyway.
View Quote

Yep.
Quoted:
That term has been used forever for black people in restaurants.
View Quote

I worked in restuarants as a kid and never heard that term.  Lurn sum'tin new everyday. Eyes smarter now.
Quoted:
Want to change people’s perception of you, change your culture.
View Quote

Troof.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wait until she figures out what "cracker" means....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep.

Little to no tip, no matter how good the service was.

Total pains in the ass while in the restaurant: complain about everything (not cooked right, substitute shit, fixed a special way), want stuff taken off the bill (even though they ate 87% of it), make all sorts of ridiculous demands and requests (cup of boiling water to soak silverwear in).

Then you have the straight up dine and dashes.

Then there is the general loud and unruly behavior that annoys other diners.

I worked in bars and restaurants in high school and college.
View Quote

A "former/ex" friend of mine was like that....

We'd go to the same chain restaurant - where every time she would ask them to take the cheese out of the mashed potatoes - where she was already explained that it is powdered stuff in a bag.

That and other things about her is why I ended it. She just had a thing where she just seemed to enjoy starting shit and then acting all clueless when people call her on her shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Everyone has a code word for black people at restaurants. It’s because they don’t tip
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We used to call them "Mondays" when I worked in resturants
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol, what the fuck ever. Took a trip down to Florida, stopped in Atlanta at Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles. Had 6 kids with us, including the twins so they sat us in this booth and forgot about us for about an hour besides the pile of crackers the hostess brought to us. We finally got the server to take our order, some more crackers. Another hour later, asking where our food was, another pile of crackers. Waited even longer, more crackers, then finally got the food. We let the twins demolish all the "crackers" all over the table and carpet, then didn't tip shit.

Fuck them and their "crackers"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Worked at pizza hut in the 80's in high school...yup Canadians was a pop term back then.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can’t argue with this. It’s been my experience when going anywhere, a restaurant, a movie theater, a theme park. If there’s some sort of commotion it’s almost always a black person or family. That’s not racist, it’s just what I’ve witnessed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#25]
And yet the same black waitstaff that gets treated like shit by Canadians still hates whitey who is a slam dunk 20% tipper, polite, and who stacks their own dishes.

Please explain that to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
From what I've seen they max their animal instincts with Asian wait staff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The black waitstaff used to make comments about how the black customers treated them like "house...", well you know the rest.
IME, blacks tend to treat anyone waiting on them in any type of customer service capacity like shit, even if they're being waited on by other blacks.
From what I've seen they max their animal instincts with Asian wait staff.
When I was a cop, there were a few ghetto Chinese places I would get food from. I used to feel so bad for the people that worked in them. The fucking hoodrats treated them garbage.
Nothing like watching some porcine stoop beast buying chicken wings, extra hot sauce, and chicken fried rice, extra hot sauce, for her and her brood with food stamps.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Its NOT just tipping. That would be bearable.

Its basically everything; complain about the food, ask for stuff not on menu, try to return food, try to get free stuff, makes a mess, complain and then leave a dollar. The black waiters would put them in check ALL then time. It was hilarious.
View Quote

Yep, years ago went to lunch for some coworker's birthday or something...

One of the women was nothing but trouble. At work she literally closed the office door and would sleep all day....Anywho, our server was Black and she had a certain tone when dealing with the rest of us, but when that woman started asking goofy stuff, the server literally like changed body language and voice and reeled her in quick.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I’ve heard from fed.gov employees.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I never called anybody anything.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#30]
ive never heard of such a thing based on race. i will confirm in the food service industry there are a number of "code words" for people who do not tip.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Monica.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Used to work at a restaurant in Newark, DE and that’s exactly what they used.  

It’s a thing, I’ve seen it.
View Quote

Which one?

I spend a lot of time in Newark.

PS :  I have known for YEARS that in restaurants "Canadian" equals "Black".
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]
At this point I just don’t give a shit anymore. That entire community can piss off; my patience has run out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I would be more than happy to provide a bunch of other names they could use instead....
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#36]
However, in AZ using the term Canadians would be confusing since actual Canadians snowbird here in the winter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Accepting responsibility for things is what white people are for. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
At this point I just don’t give a shit anymore. That entire community can piss off; my patience has run out.
View Quote

You still need to pay your fair share of reparations though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Canadians don't tip.
View Quote

BS

'Tipped $18 on a $65 lunch bill yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
However, in AZ using the term Canadians would be confusing since actual Canadians snowbird here in the winter.
View Quote

And they’re horrible customers who don’t tip and are almost universally despised by people who actually live here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I worked retail for many years in the 90s.  

We had code words for everything.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I don`t give a damn. Restaurant staff uses a code word about a type of customer that usually does not tip. Wanna change that perception, leave a decent tip.  I tip well for good service, not for who your parents were.  But without fail, if I go into a place where nobody working there looks like me, service is in the tank. Everybody is rude, food is squashed, service is either slow or non-existant. If I enter & I can tell that my money is not gonna buy a good meal & experience, I just turn around & leave. fuck it, feed yourselves.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#43]
When my wife  was a waitress back in Alabama, the black waitresses would usually agree to take care of them.  They knew.
Obviously couldnt always happen but frequently.
No code words. Just “black folks”

Related. The “church folks” on sunday who would leave a bulletin as a tip.
People took turns.  “You got the next group of church folks”
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Should I be outraged or boycott Cracker Barrel?

Cause I don't care and I don't go there anyway.
View Quote

You should go and get some breakfast. Its good for that
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#45]
If it did happen it's not right so I am not defending it, but from what I heard, they tend to tip far less than other groups and are more demanding at the same time...
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Instead of calling them Canadians I'd just call them what they are....
.........DEMOCRATS!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd be pretty pissed if someone thought I was a flappy headed flatulence filled french uncle fucker too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The more entitled a person feels and acts, the more likely they are to act as if they are uniquely discriminated against despite acting the way everyone else does. They create their own reality.

It's one of those fascinating aspects of human nature.

I've seen it with stereotypical white trash in a nice restaurant, I've seen it with militant feminists types ("that's not "bossy," she's just displaying leadership skills people expect and embrace from men." No, a man who acted like that would have been pit in his place years ago, possibly physically), and anyone who has served the groups this thread is about knows exactly the groups this thread is about. It's the restaurant version of the fucktards who walk slooooowly across the street in front of your car.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do stereotypes start?

Reality.

If you get jumped while in the city what are the most likely race of the perpetrators?

If I said, "her name is Sharmisha!" What color is she?

And if you were working at a restaurant and had a party of ten and they were black, what are your odds of getting a tip even if you gave ultimate service?

I have noticed a new stereotype amongst blacks where they think they're owed, or entitled to everything. Like they can treat you like shit but you better kiss they ass.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

The more entitled a person feels and acts, the more likely they are to act as if they are uniquely discriminated against despite acting the way everyone else does. They create their own reality.

It's one of those fascinating aspects of human nature.

I've seen it with stereotypical white trash in a nice restaurant, I've seen it with militant feminists types ("that's not "bossy," she's just displaying leadership skills people expect and embrace from men." No, a man who acted like that would have been pit in his place years ago, possibly physically), and anyone who has served the groups this thread is about knows exactly the groups this thread is about. It's the restaurant version of the fucktards who walk slooooowly across the street in front of your car.

Absolutely true.  The stupid white trash will also run waitress ragged and bitch about everything and leave a shitty tip.
There is a reason they wanted slavery and jim crow—lazy and stupid.  But black people are rhe all time worst customers, maybe tied with middle easterners/south asians.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I mean maybe tip better....js
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That’s been a thing in the restaurant industry for ever. It was being used at my first job in 1994.
View Quote

Yep!!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top