Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/12/2024 5:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975]
Locals Say Migration Imposes Two-Tier Society on Springfield, Ohio

Ordinary Americans in Springfield, Ohio, openly describe how elite-directed migration has skewed their economy, destabilized their neighborhoods, and created a two-tier society that favors migrants over Americans.

Federal payments to migrants “makes it harder for people like me — or somebody else who doesn’t get [government-]assisted living — to find affordable housing at a decent rate,” one woman told Twitter journalist Tyler Oliveira. She added:

Honestly, in my opinion, it’ll be surprised if I don’t get kicked out so they can boost up the rate on this place. They’ll probably fix it, get it where it’s looking better, and boost the rate up on it. They’ll pay $1,200 a month, and [now] I pay $775  … Yeah, they’ve been doing it around here quite a bit. Honestly, the neighborhood has gotten a lot of Haitians in it here [since] about two years back.

“I know people who’ve applied for work a lot of these same places that are hiring [government-supported] migrants … but they’re not getting jobs,” resident William Monaghan told Breitbart News. He added:

It’s definitely a push to hire migrants. At a big company near here that makes [equipment] for computers  … everybody that works on the [production] line is Haitian, and there’s one interpreter that serves different lines.

The inflow of migrants also allows employers to stop hiring and training marginal Americans, such as people recovering from drug addictions, or who are still angry at the multi-decade decline in wages. On September 9, PBS broadcast an interview with Jamie McGregor, owner of a l0w-tech factory that manufactures metal components. He said:

Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community … We want more jobs in our community, and in order to build those jobs, some jobs need to be people who are not originally from here.

“I wish I had 30 more,” he added.

With plenty of Haitian job-seekers, McGregor also faces less pressure to invest in the high-tech machine tools that could expand his business and help American workers earn higher pay.

More at link.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
All by design.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Replacement theory is just a conspiracy right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a bad deal for the new arrivals.  All basic expenses covered so anything they earn is free money.

Plus free geese.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how hard Haitians work, but I know two crews now running a lot of Hispanics and they want more of them.

Unfortunately, they'll work most white guys right under the table all day long and show up the next day with a smile on their face.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:52:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolomite] [#5]
Perchance, in the past, Mr. McGregor may have had a bad experience or two with union operators?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
None of these 'modern' problems we have in this country, and around the world, will be fixed by voting harder.
10% know what the problem is, 30% actually want the problems and the rest are too fucking stupid to care.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dolomite:
Perchance, in the past, Mr. McGregor may have had a bad experience or two with union operators?
View Quote

Maybe he got sick of hearing "That's not my job, that's for the laborers".

My friend has a story of a complete standstill on a bridge job because the two foremen were arguing over who was supposed to do what. The iron workers got pissed off that the carpenters were bending bar straight while forming, or some other asinine detail.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#8]
My work has been hiring a lot of Haitians. They're hilariously incompetent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The entire federal government is corrupt.

There's simply no use for it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Scumbags probably getting deals from the fed to hire illegal aliens. I hope his business goes to shit
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
My work has been hiring a lot of Haitians. They're hilariously incompetent.
View Quote

Is it for skilled or unskilled work?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
So if you’re angry at the multi decade decline in wages, you’re a marginal American??
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By morglan:

View Quote

This. It’s the biggest threat productive Americans face.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
As someone who has worked with a zillion Haitians I find this hard to believe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Are they being hired as pet groomers and dog walkers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
So if you’re angry at the multi decade decline in wages, you’re a marginal American??
View Quote

Eat bugs. Live in tiny apartments. Own nothing (with no chance to ever own anything).

And, if you don’t like it, YOU’RE the problem.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#17]
love how the "news" keeps calling these shitstains "migrants"... and the dumbasses follow suit, including *here*.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Not sure how hard Haitians work, but I know two crews now running a lot of Hispanics and they want more of them.

Unfortunately, they'll work most white guys right under the table all day long and show up the next day with a smile on their face.
View Quote

For manual labor they are great.

Assembling computer parts? No way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Why would American kids work when they can sit at home and make more money than working?

A Family of Four Can Receive over $100,000 Annualized Equivalent in Cash and Benefits in Three States, And over $80,000 in 14 States, with No One Working.

Source
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]
LBJ would be so proud
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:57:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredGrey] [#21]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
Replacement theory is just a conspiracy right?
View Quote

And the democrats say, with one voice “It’s not happening, it’s good that’s it’s happening, it should happen more, and you’re a racist for noticing.”

Immigration is a bioweapon aimed at the White middle class.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Who wouldn’t want government subsidized indentured laborers.  
Everyone is getting paid.  Well almost

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:58:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#23]
Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:
None of these 'modern' problems we have in this country, and around the world, will be fixed by voting harder.
10% know what the problem is, 30% actually want the problems and the rest are too fucking stupid to care.
View Quote
This is something we all need to consider. The only way things are fixed in this country is if millions of people aren't here anymore.
Now, what happens to them, where do they go... I have no answers to that. I'm simply pointing out the big obstacle we need to deal with.
(Personally, I believe we've painted ourselves into a corner, and the only way out is to ride this flaming wreck right into the ground and then start over.)

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#24]
They're a huge part of the South Florida home home health care economy.

Better than nothing. Not much though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#25]
So the Haitians are putting on a suit and tie and giving a firm handshake with eye contact.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#26]
If they were so good then Haiti would be a great place to live.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Send those hard working Hispanics my way. The ones we have must be broken. Lousy work ethic, move like molasses in winter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had multiple manufacturers ask me to help facilitate a pipeline for migrant talent.

Post-covid, lots of workers retired early, lots of workers learned to work for cash under the table, some sell drugs, a small number sponge off parents.  

We don't have the birthrate to replace them.

Some employers have refused to up their base pay or publicize and type of performance incentive.  Their work environment and culture sucks. These employers, by and large, are the ones contacting me about H1 and H2B workers.  

We absolutely DO have a labor issue in this country.  Many of these younger workers ARE soft as butter, anxiety-ridden, pussies. We also have an employer issue when they refuse to even be marginally competitive with wages or consider that their dark, loud, dirty work environment could be improved.

It's all so.tiresome.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#29]
“Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community.”

To be fair, he probably isn’t wrong…

Way too many of our fellow Americans are lazy fucks that don’t want to work and/or are strung out on dope.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:12:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Extorris] [#30]
My friend has a story of a complete standstill on a bridge job because the two foremen were arguing over who was supposed to do what. The iron workers got pissed off that the carpenters were bending bar straight while forming, or some other asinine detail.
View Quote

My friends in the trade unions in and around NYC run into shit like that all the time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:20:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#31]
Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community … We want more jobs in our community, and in order to build those jobs, some jobs need to be people who are not originally from here
View Quote

He is delusional. What he is seeing is the new hire effect. They are new to the job.  They will do well for the first 6 months.  Once they get their feet on the ground; they will start to slack off. They will organize and demand more money.  Wait until they new employees figure out to game the work related injury system. Haiti did not get to where it is today because they have a cultural trait to work hard and build for the future.

Employers like this are only shifting the burden of social support to the tax payer and pocketing the profits of doing so.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#32]
There are no unskilled jobs. It takes skill to run a shovel or pull a tape measure or carry stuff from the truck and do it correctly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 1975:

Is it for skilled or unskilled work?
View Quote

Management and unskilled.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AtLarge:
If they were so good then Haiti would be a great place to live.
View Quote

We're getting their best and brightest...
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By treelow:

“Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community.”

To be fair, he probably isn’t wrong…

Way too many of our fellow Americans are lazy fucks that don’t want to work and/or are strung out on dope.
View Quote

If my alternative was work or go back to Haiti I would be busting my ass too.    Until I figured out there was a third alternative.   That’s when the trouble will start.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Haitians are disposable labor

If one dies on the job, throw it away and get another
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:37:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NH556] [#37]
There's a NY Times article that includes a section on him. Some Haitian was making $19 an hour and lives with 3 other adult men in an apartment. I guess if you don't want to live like that, it's your fault and you're lazy.

By the way, the guy making $19 an hour also bought a house in Miami that he rents out. Would love to know how much federal and state assistance they get to pull that off
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#38]
None of this will end well.  These people have never been able to manage themselves in their own country.  They will turn us into a shit hole too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jay561:
As someone who has worked with a zillion Haitians I find this hard to believe.
View Quote

Racist!

Just look at Haiti.   It's a marvel - if only whitey hadn't destroyed it with a hurricane, it would be JUST like the Dominican Republic.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Our illegal aliens are happy to work for peanuts and live with 5-6 other people in an apartment. I guess we need to adapt and live like them seeing as they are so hard working and make employers so much money. Who wouldn’t want to for a 1-3% raise that gets all used up paying your health insurance premium?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Business & government saving themselves money & Americans pay for it.

Americans are getting replaced with a cheaper alternative.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By treelow:

Way too many of our fellow Americans are lazy fucks that don't want to work and/or are strung out on dope.
View Quote
Will the same thing happen to Hatians once they have easy access to Fentanyl and the like? Does Haiti have drug problems? The Haitians here seem to have tons of disposable income depending on who you believe. Perhaps we are just importing more future drug addicts. I don't know.

But the amount of subsidised fully nonproductive living that exits in the US is unique in the world. Even the Euros put some conditions on their benefits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#43]
How can we find out what political campaign donations this CEO has made?

The federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit subsidizes employers that hire special people, refugees and illegal aliens can qualify.

Gordon Food Service in Springfield is all about hiring and bending over backwards to accommodate Haitians.  Again, that’s all subsidized by the federal government.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 14Karat:
Not a bad deal for the new arrivals.  All basic expenses covered so anything they earn is free money.

Plus free geese.
View Quote

And all the cats you can stomach.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Most of the white guys I’ve contracted for manual labor jobs in the last decade are terrible. Ex-cons, active drug users, baby mama drama.

Juan and the boys just show up and get it done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

My friend's in the trade unions in and around NYC run into shit like that all the time.
View Quote

It’s not like this is anything new. An uncle of mine was an electrician. He laughed about being called in late at night, at double pay, to change out a light bulb at the factory he worked at. And that was at least 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:

This. It's the biggest threat productive Americans face.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
Originally Posted By morglan:

This. It's the biggest threat productive Americans face.
Unfortunately yes.  The decline is saddening.  

Fedbois feverishly adding us to more lists this morning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Wait until the "migrants" find out they can get on the gubment disability dole like the folks who were born here. Then they can sit around all day smoking weed and getting drunk just in time to poach some park Geese.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spmx7777:
How can we find out what political campaign donations this CEO has made?

The federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit subsidizes employers that hire special people, refugees and illegal aliens can qualify.

Gordon Food Service in Springfield is all about hiring and bending over backwards to accommodate Haitians.  Again, that’s all subsidized by the federal government.
View Quote

How much money is involved?   That’s what everyone wants to know.  Everyone involved seems to be making bank.  Housing, transportation, translators, and corporate.  How much is one worker actually costing taxpayers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
All by design.
View Quote

yep

the poor will be thankful for any scraps.  the ultra-high net worth will stay rich and get richer.

the middle class tax payer gets the shaft.

i am the ultimate capitalist --  but the playing field is supposed to be level to have any chance of working.

rampant illegal immigration is ONE of the left's way of keeping their hand pressing down on that end of the scale.  not equal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top