Posted: 4/15/2024 8:34:01 PM EDT
Exclusive: Zelenskyy says without U.S. aid ‘we'll have no chance of winning’
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that was the plan
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
He is not wrong.

But there is also no Guarantee he will with the U.S. helping him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Fine. You didn’t mobilize people under the age of 27, doesn’t seem like you were really “all in.”

What a waste of money.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#4]
With out us troops or nuclear weapons it's inevitable. The only outstanding issue is how much US treasure and military surplus
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Had we never intervened this nonsense would have already been over.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Ugh, what a mess.  

I wonder if they can hold what they're holding now without US aid.  Maybe European countries could at least give them enough for that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
How many years do they want us to support them? 5 more? 15?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Chances aren't so hot with US aid, either.  Especially if the dingbats at the Pentagon who helped them plan the first counteroffensive help them plan the next one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Should have spent the money they funneled into politicians relatives on things that were more useful.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Duh...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
View Quote
Yea, and Russia would be well into its genocide plans.  At least Arfcom is open about its support for that now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cancard] [#14]
News Flash:  He’s not going to win regardless.    
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ARowner:
View Quote

I don't care if we support them for 20 more years. Killing Russians should be a priority for anyone who cares about civility and respecting borders. My God rain down Hellfire on V. Putin's bedroom at 3:00 a.m.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Everyone said and knew that fro
the beginning.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Wiithout US aid troops, we'll have no chance of winning.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, and?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Nah, I'm good. Americans first.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Yea, and Russia would be well into its genocide plans.  At least Arfcom is open about its support for that now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Explorer225:

Are we responsible for stopping all the other genocides currently on going? Are you emotionally hysterical about the genocide in Burma, China, Ethiopia, South Sudan, and Syria as well?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
He is not wrong.

But there is also no Guarantee he will with the U.S. helping him.
View Quote

Goal posts have shifted quite a bit on this website

Not losing is the new winning
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#22]
WITH America's help they haven't done shit for two years. I'm tired of pissing away money on fruitless endeavors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#23]
My tits are getting sore.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I don't care if we support them for 20 more years. Killing Russians should be a priority for anyone who cares about civility and respecting borders. My God rain down Hellfire on V. Putin's bedroom at 3:00 a.m.
View All Quotes

This. ^^

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#25]

View All Quotes

Some of us are under 40 and have a lot of life left to live. We dont want this shit anymore. No more US tax dollars. No more aid.

Same goes for Israel.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:02:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#26]
Originally Posted By cancard:
View All Quotes

They have the ability to win, incorrect.

Russia claims all of Ukraine. They've lost dang near half a million men in 2 years of the 2 day war, I mean not a war.

Just don't call it a war because they will throw you in prison over that.

Originally Posted By Haub:

This. ^^

Agreed.

Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

Some of us are under 40 and have a lot of life left to live. We dont want this shit anymore. No more US tax dollars. No more aid.

Same goes for Israel.

I'm under 40 also.

I have a lot of life left to live.

Send the aid
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
With out us troops or nuclear weapons it's inevitable. The only outstanding issue is how much US treasure and military surplus
View Quote
Pretty much this.  Russia's economy is on a wartime footing, they are already outproducing the entire west in terms of artillery, and they have recouped their initial losses and then some.  Just sending more money, Abrams, or HIMARS won't make any more difference than the first shipments did.  Neither will F-16s.

This is a real war, and it's going to take a lot of hard fighting and sacrificing to win it.  Unfortunately the West has neither the money nor the desire to do either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#28]
Biden is tired of his shit and doesn't want him to get anymore money or aid because if he did, he would close the border and the funding bill would pass.

Sorry Z, you trusted Biden and got fucked like everyone else.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Fine. You didn't mobilize people under the age of 27, doesn't seem like you were really "all in."

What a waste of money.
View Quote

Russia and much of the Soviet sphere had a very bad experience in the 90s.  They didn't have a population boom that we call the Millennials or Zoomers.

Both sides are desperately trying to keep a breeding population.  Some geopolitical strategists believe, and I agree, that this is essentially Russia's last chance, demographically, to take a swing at expanding their borders.  Within 10-20 years, they aren't projected to have enough military aged males to do shit, including securing their own frontier.

There's a very good reason no one over there is grinding up what few 18 year old kids they have.  The current "generation" isn't big enough to replace their population as-is, even without a goddamn war.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Pretty much this.  Russia's economy is on a wartime footing, they are already outproducing the entire west in terms of artillery, and they have recouped their initial losses and then some.  Just sending more money, Abrams, or HIMARS won't make any more difference than the first shipments did.  Neither will F-16s.

This is a real war, and it's going to take a lot of hard fighting and sacrificing to win it.  Unfortunately the West has neither the money nor the desire to do either.
View Quote

They are also outbuilding us in ships now.   Same goes for China which is also retooling for war.   Quantity does have a quality of its own.  What Iran did  to Israel was cheap, compared to the costs of interdiction of the waves of missiles and drones for Israel, the US and NATO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By maxima2:
Biden is tired of his shit and doesn't want him to get anymore money or aid because if he did, he would close the border and the funding bill would pass.

Sorry Z, you trusted Biden and got fucked like everyone else.

View Quote

Biden + Congress are the ones letting everyone down. Its costing lives on a daily basis, at both the border and abroad.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]
But with us help he also has no hope.. so theres that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#33]
You never had a chance….
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Russia claims all of Ukraine. They've lost dang near half a million men in 2 years of the 2 day war, I mean not a war.

Agreed.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid
View All Quotes

This. ^^

Agreed.

Same goes for Israel.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 1cheapshot:
You never had a chance….
View Quote

Yeah, its not like they kept the russians from taking kiev or anything like that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

Goal posts have shifted quite a bit on this website

Not losing is the new winning
View Quote
Comparing the general attitude last year prior to Ukraine's version of Unternehmen Zitadelle with today's it's quite jarring.

Last year I got used to being called a Contrarian Putin Lover and now my views are pretty much mainstream.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Lol respecting borders.

The jokes write themselves at this point
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
They don't have much chance of winning right now.

Sucks that zelensky sold Ukrainians out to nazis and the cia.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
If the DNC was serious they would have taken what the House offered. Washington is not serious about helping Z as much as they are buying Raytheon stocks.
You want communists bodies dropping? Maybe we should start in our own backyard??
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Agreed.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid
View All Quotes

This. ^^

Agreed.

Same goes for Israel.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid

Are these satire posts?  I can’t tell

At least the first “kIlLiNg RuShinz” guy probably has a severe case of boomeritis as his excuse
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I fail to see why that is something I should care about.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Agreed.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid
View All Quotes

This. ^^

Agreed.

Same goes for Israel.

I'm under 40 also.

Send the aid

Can’t win a war if you can’t mount an offensive.  This is a war of attrition and Russia has the population.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Apparently they have no chance of winning WITH it, either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#44]
View Quote

Not buying it. The takeover of crimea did not result in genocide or mass exterminations. They initially rushed Kiev to topple the government and achieve a quick result like they did in crimea. The idea that a genocide was coming next sounds made up.

I am going with the top dictionary definition here for Genocide btw, the deliberate killing of a large number of people to achieve ethnic cleansing. Probably what is going on is that you are using a UN definition that could include things like street names changing, then hoping to get the effect the dictionary definition of Genocide has.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Unlimited then?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Ukraine never had a chance of winning period.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Comparing the general attitude last year prior to Ukraine's version of Unternehmen Zitadelle with today's it's quite jarring.

Last year I got used to being called a Contrarian Putin Lover and now my views are pretty much mainstream.  
View Quote

The older guys on this forum didn't understand the US went full tilt in not only the Ukranian arms race but also the information space.

When YouTube and the mainstream media shows you nothing but Tier 1 Ukranian commandos fucking up Russians for breakfast you start to believe it.

It took a lot of research and due dillagence to get a grasp on what was actually going on in Ukraine; from the corruption to the battle lines big tech and the media have been in lock step
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Yeah, its not like they kept the russians from taking kiev or anything like that.
View Quote

Russia doesn’t want to have to rebuild the entire country. They are willing to grind away at it. They could send more ballistic missiles and things their way. They haven’t went full on total war yet. If they have,  then they are weaker than I think.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#49]
uh.. everyone has always known that Ukraine never had a snowball's chance in hell without  mostly foreign aid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Surrender then.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top