Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, thanks. I had a brief glance at what Kratom can be used for and at least one use is to treat issues of addiction. Same as Suboxone (someone very close to me). Is there any reason to find it suspicious?
View Quote
Suboxone and Kratom are trading one addiction for another.  In the case of Suboxone, it's a safer addiction in the sense that you're not going by your drug dealer and buying an unvetted product cut with god knows what.  You also (in theory) have a doctor helping you taper down and quit.  Kratom at least took the drug dealer part out of it, but there's still the unknown property of what's in the plant.  Might be fine, might not be.  I bet it's a money grab though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well by all means, cast the first stone.
View Quote
I hear he throws like a girl.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Suboxone and Kratom are trading one addiction for another.  In the case of Suboxone, it's a safer addiction in the sense that you're not going by your drug dealer and buying an unvetted product cut with god knows what.  You also (in theory) have a doctor helping you taper down and quit.  Kratom at least took the drug dealer part out of it, but there's still the unknown property of what's in the plant.  Might be fine, might not be.  I bet it's a money grab though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks. I had a brief glance at what Kratom can be used for and at least one use is to treat issues of addiction. Same as Suboxone (someone very close to me). Is there any reason to find it suspicious?
Appreciate
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Their data point to ban a plant is 44 cases, WOW!

They could literally find 44 deaths cased by damn near anything.
View Quote
Like 30 kids were backed over by cars, now rear view cameras are required by law...

Some politician in MD is trying to make contact sports illegal before high school...
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Suspect research is suspect and most likely junk- follow the money.  This is actually a pretty good article on CNN.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#6]
In before the Kratom neckbeards
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
That's some bullshit
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s potentially troublesome for the profitable drug company standards. Let’s disregard what Americans want and act upon the drug companies fears. Fuck the .gov for putting profit ahead of people yet again. I hate this shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
why cant people just stop taking mind altering substances?

... o wait, thats right, people are weak
Well played.  Most impressive.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Whew.   Thank goodness they solved that problem.

For a second there I thought Kratom was going to break the bonds of every molecule in my body.   But then government came in and saved me.

Thanks government.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Apparently you can sell classified information off of a bathroom server while your rapist husband gives speeches to despots for millions in kickback but it's illegal to drink tea.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
They should ban enkephalins next. They’re an opioid and they’re already  available to EVERYBODY!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#13]
All I'm saying is that we should be bringing in khat
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#14]
The FDA is incompatible with liberty and needs to be abolished.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In before OP learns that cocaine & heroin come from plants.
View Quote
Cocaine and Heroin come from plants in the same way that Everclear comes from plants. After a bunch of processing, extraction, distillation, isolating, and chemical reactions in a lab.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Kratom vs Krokodil

Wheeeeee for the druggies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:I hear he throws like a girl.
View Quote
Well he's made every effort to ensure that everyone knows that he catches like one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:09:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cocaine and Heroin come from plants in the same way that Everclear comes from plants. After a bunch of processing, extraction, distillation, isolating, and chemical reactions in a lab.
View Quote
And all of it should be legal.

Outlawing all the bad personal choices is not "freedom."
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#20]
How many deaths can be "linked" to aspirin and Tylenol?

Or prescription drugs that have only been taken as directed?

The government should find better things to do with their time than ban herbal remedies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#21]
If it can't be patented, it will be criminalized.

I have no interest in using it, but you should have the right to make that decision for yourself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#23]
junkies will have no choice now but to buy heroin from dark alleys, thanks FDA
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#24]
So it's an Essentially oil?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
why cant people just stop taking mind altering substances?

... o wait, thats right, people are weak.
View Quote
Why would a guy want another guys dick in his ass?
Gotta be some kind of "weakness" I think, some kind of mental thing.
I wonder if kratom would fix that?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kinda like the devil's lettuce is a schedule 1 drug, the same as heroin and more worse than coke?
View Quote
If memory serves, that's because FDA and NIMH declared that there is no accepted medical use, which is what schedule 1 is defined by--not potency or danger.

Can't recall offhand if there are limited medical uses of cocaine or not. Fentanyl is dangerous as shit, apparently, but my wife was on a fentanyl drip when she was in labor.  Dangerous as all fuck, but accepted medical use?  Not schedule 1.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If memory serves, that's because FDA and NIMH declared that there is no accepted medical use, which is what schedule 1 is defined by--not potency or danger.

Can't recall offhand if there are limited medical uses of cocaine or not. Fentanyl is dangerous as shit, apparently, but my wife was on a fentanyl drip when she was in labor.  Dangerous as all fuck, but accepted medical use?  Not schedule 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda like the devil's lettuce is a schedule 1 drug, the same as heroin and more worse than coke?

It's pretty clear marijuana has medical uses.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’m going to go way out on a limb here and guess the scientific research involved in this study was funded by big pharma. They are not really a big fan of competition.  Especially unregulated competition.

View Quote
"Big pharma" doesn't fund "opposition research".  The FDA is statist enough on it's own to crush anything new and innovative.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Cannabis is on same page as Heroin, how the fuck did people think kratom would fly?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Must be some $$ going around with some lobbyists working OT. Big pharma does not like substances that occur naturally being legal as they can't make money off of it.
View Quote
Who needs lobbyists when mike pence is owned by eli lilly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Kratom is an opioid and opioids are dangerous and useless medically.  Except our opioids, those are the good ones that everyone can take.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Thank god republicans believe in small government......
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#33]
They are going after it because the pharm companies wan't you to buy their shit to ween off dope. There is no other reason.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The pharmaceutical lobby is strong.
View Quote
and lots of politician stock holders
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There were 650 murders in Chicago in 2017. I’m sure the smoking and alcohol related deaths are greater than 44 in the time period the fda reviewed for kratom.  I would really like to find out more about the fda review process and where they get their data from and the push to regulate this. I suspect a well placed foia could find out some answers @rogueboss
View Quote
I hope the next scientific breakthrough is finding a way to clone you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm not a huge fan of Kratom, but that's a bullshit decision.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know if regulations have changed, but 25-30 years ago  I used to know an ear, nose, throat doc that used a liquid cocaine solution prior to doing injections of steroids into bones in peoples noses to try and reduce swelling as an alternative to turbinate bone reduction surgery.  It completely eliminated any pain or discomfort from having needles stuck into the bones in your nose...couldn't even feel a damned thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Like Suboxone, correct?

Hmm...

ETA: Suboxone vs Kratom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was under the impression that opioids were opium derived drugs, like opium from the poppy plant.

Kratom is not even remotely related to the poppy plant. But now it's "deemed" an opioid?

How does that work?

Guess I'll have to go do some google chemistry.

So kratom is supposed to create an opioid-like reaction and break down into morphine ...hmmm. Suspicious chemistry is suspicious.
You've got opiates and opioids confused. It's a square vs rectangle type thing.  All opiates are opioids, but not all opioids are opiates.
Like Suboxone, correct?

Hmm...

ETA: Suboxone vs Kratom?
Sounds like a new Marvel Universe movie
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was under the impression that opioids were opium derived drugs, like opium from the poppy plant.
View Quote
Yep. "just a plant"

Ricin is just a plant. Heroin is just a plant. Cocaine is just a plant. HFCS is just a plant.

The idea that plant based products are inherently safe is a big reason people hate on drug enthusiast.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep. "just a plant"

Ricin is just a plant. Heroin is just a plant. Cocaine is just a plant. HFCS is just a plant.

The idea that plant based products are inherently safe is a big reason people hate on drug enthusiast.
View Quote
That's true. Whenever someone goes on about how it's "safe because it's a plant," I direct them to Socrates.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There were 650 murders in Chicago in 2017. I’m sure the smoking and alcohol related deaths are greater than 44 in the time period the fda reviewed for kratom.  I would really like to find out more about the fda review process and where they get their data from and the push to regulate this. I suspect a well placed foia could find out some answers @rogueboss
View Quote
Lol. Do you really request all this stuff? That has no bearing on your everyday life?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep. "just a plant"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. "just a plant"

HFCS kills more people than all the other stuff you listed, plus weed and kratom, combined.  It's not only legal but also subsidized by the government.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's true. Whenever someone goes on about how it's "safe because it's a plant," I direct them to Socrates.
View Quote
I wasn't saying it's safe I was just pointing out regulations are bullshit. Let the FDA or whatever org study and make recommendations for unsafe substances and then it's up to the individual whether to consume it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wasn't saying it's safe I was just pointing out regulations are bullshit. Let the FDA or whatever org study and make recommendations for unsafe substances and then it's up to the individual whether to consume it.
View Quote
I agree.  I am all for less regulation and less litigation.  Between politicians and better call Saul, things are difficult.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#46]
“A new study suggests that we can get you to believe anything, as long as we say it’s part of a new study.”
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Think of the children you guys.  We can't have kratom needles all over the playground!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Bull-fucking-shit.

Guess I better go out and buy a bunch now.

I had to run and grab some, since you know, the gov says that soon I can't have it.  DEA website doesn't list it as scheduled yet, so I am safe now (might be a felon tomorrow though!).

Local smoke shop had some, (like tobacco, not a head shop).  I tried a few of each about 5 mins ago.  Let's see if I turn into a heroin addict by nightfall.  If it "fucks me up" I'll be sure to report to Arfcom:

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bull-fucking-shit.

Guess I better go out and buy a bunch now.

I had to run and grab some, since you know, the gov says that soon I can't have it.  DEA website doesn't list it as scheduled yet, so I am safe now (might be a felon tomorrow though!).

Local smoke shop had some, (like tobacco, not a head shop).  I tried a few of each about 5 mins ago.  Let's see if I turn into a heroin addict by nightfall.  If it "fucks me up" I'll be sure to report to Arfcom:

http://i64.tinypic.com/eah4hy.jpg
View Quote
Well? You dead yet?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top