Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My Hi-Point 10mm Carbine has never had a failure.
One of the funnest guns in my safe.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I came across a Hi-Point for sale, I'd buy it just so that I could make posts like that, just to see how many people get upset.
View Quote

Saw one for $95 at a local gun store and bought it just to fuck with people, both at the range an here. I've gotten my money out of it in entertainment.

As a bonus, the damn thing actually shoot pretty stinking well.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Saw one for $95 at a local gun store and bought it just to fuck with people, both at the range an here. I've gotten my money out of it in entertainment.

View Quote

Cerakote it something ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Saw one for $95 at a local gun store and bought it just to fuck with people, both at the range an here. I've gotten my money out of it in entertainment.

There's actually really nice walnut grips available for it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]

You know I always got dat thang on me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup - good on him for carrying.  If thats all he can afford, so be it.  Just makes me more thankful for where I'm at in life and what I have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone carrying a cheap gun in a cheap holster because that is likely what they can afford. Sounds good to me.

Yup - good on him for carrying.  If thats all he can afford, so be it.  Just makes me more thankful for where I'm at in life and what I have.

Well said
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/7t0TT8t.jpg

View Quote

1911 GI surplus mag held by Thingmeister mag catch:

Attachment Attached File

Fobus holster, Thingmeister grips and trigger:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's called hyperbole.  Muzzle sweeping other people, generally no training in tactics, etc. FFS that escalated quickly
View Quote
It's called a weak argument, for people who don't have FACTS to back up their statements.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213024_879_jpg-2994631.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213007_137_jpg-2994632.JPG
Lol. I have one of those mag catches for the 4595 carbine. Even though I don't yet own one. It's on "the list."

Too bad it doesn't work with the High Tower Armory bullpup stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, I could, but that's sinking a decent amount of money into a gun that already writes its own jokes.

Maybe one of these days.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol. I have one of those mag catches for the 4595 carbine. Even though I don't yet own one. It's on "the list."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213024_879_jpg-2994631.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/IMG_20231016_213007_137_jpg-2994632.JPG

I know.  During development they told us it would support it.  When it came out, it was proprietary.  I don't blame them, it's a niche in a niche.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol

I have an old friend, US Marine Sniper, Vietnam Combat Veteran, retired trooper and former head of training for Oklahoma Highway Patrol, and best range instructor I've ever had the privilege to study under. He still teaches if anyone is interested.  Anyone in Oklahoma probably already knows him. Great all around guy

He often opens his class by bringing out a High Point pistol,  standard blowback brick, or his famous British Enfield .303 rifle for his sniper classes, then outscores the entire class armed with their custom 1911's, glox, Hk's with Nightforce glass or whatever just to show the neophytes that the wand you're holding doesn't make you a magician...not by a damn sight
View Quote

I'm probably not as good as that guy, but I'm pretty good with a pistol. I have a shitty looking Taurus pistol that I have used to similar effect on many occasions.

I bought it because it was cheap - scuffed up and secondhand ~$200. I've owned it for around 20 years & many thousands of rounds now, and it hasn't malfunctioned once. Its only flaw is that it shoots a little low. I just aim 2" high with it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Pure class BBQ rig right there.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Just about all of the Hi Points I have shot actually ran good and were pretty accurate.  Triggers sucked and the overall feel was crap but they worked.  I would like to see them actually design and build a decent handgun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My Hi-Point 10mm Carbine has never had a failure.
One of the funnest guns in my safe.
View Quote

Every time I host a range day at one of my properties, the Hi-Point 10MM steals the show.

Put this on top of the Hi-Point Carbine a year ago.  People really enjoy playing with the laser while target shooting.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a cheapy keltech pf9 I bought for next to nothing. A few of us ran the shit out of it one day at the club with all sorts of random 9mm we had. Then deemed it good to go. Its in a super cheap neoprene iwb holster. I call it my pajama gun. Its what I stick in my PJ pants to taje the dog out at night.  Because its small, light and better than nothing.
View Quote

I bought one for 150 bucks otd with the agreement that it worked. It was on consignment and the owner said let him shoot it at the gunshop range.
I ran 50 rounds of ball and it worked fine out of the one 7 shot mag. So I bought it. Ran another 150 ball and 100 of my preffered HP.
Worked 100%. I have run 8-10 mags one at a time since then

The first 50 seemed normal. They must have been light in the velocity. The rest was a down right nasty gun to shoot. I have 44 mags 454, 475 and 500 Linebaughs. I love shooting them the Pf9 not so much.

I got it because we deliver to the court house and jail sometime so we have to leave the gun in the car. So I didnt want it stolen. Sherriff was going to offer lock boxes but he cant and guns are getting stolen. Imagine that.

The cheap gun is never cheap to people that have the intrest and money. I bought a kydex holster for it. I dont carry generic belt holsters made to fit multiple guns. That was 25-30. I bought two mags because I always carry two for anything no matter round count if its the only gun I have.
That was 40 or so. I ended getting the 8 shot bottom plate so my pinky didnt dangle. That was 45. 2 mag holders. for 30. So I'm 275 plus

One thing it does is I keep one mag with the short base plate in a Desantis pocket holster. Didnt have one the right size so the was 30 so 300 plus for the cheap gun.

Should have just bought a Dagger. I allready have glock mags of all sizes for my PCCs.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In the day of the $200 PSA Dagger….why?
View Quote

This is what I’m wondering. What’s the cost difference between a PSA Dagger, vs a Hi-point?

ETA: never mind, I checked PSA and they have a 9mm Hi-point for $130
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm probably not as good as that guy, but I'm pretty good with a pistol. I have a shitty looking Taurus pistol that I have used to similar effect on many occasions.

I bought it because it was cheap - scuffed up and secondhand ~$200. I've owned it for around 20 years & many thousands of rounds now, and it hasn't malfunctioned once. Its only flaw is that it shoots a little low. I just aim 2" high with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Lol

I have an old friend, US Marine Sniper, Vietnam Combat Veteran, retired trooper and former head of training for Oklahoma Highway Patrol, and best range instructor I've ever had the privilege to study under. He still teaches if anyone is interested.  Anyone in Oklahoma probably already knows him. Great all around guy

He often opens his class by bringing out a High Point pistol,  standard blowback brick, or his famous British Enfield .303 rifle for his sniper classes, then outscores the entire class armed with their custom 1911's, glox, Hk's with Nightforce glass or whatever just to show the neophytes that the wand you're holding doesn't make you a magician...not by a damn sight

20 year old Taurus - was it included in the recall b/c of the "Shake Awake" striker function?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I need to call Mom to replace the firing pin, which doubles as the ejector.  It's snapped, so needs replacing.  Didn't have that problem on the one I bought used years ago.

My lighter OC gun is my Rock Island 1911 w/ the red, white, & blue Lego grips - but they're broke too, and the .45 HiPoint carbine is in pieces waiting for me to chop the stock & put on the folder.  I've got no working .45s in the house right now.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

20 year old Taurus - was it included in the recall b/c of the "Shake Awake" striker function?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Lol

I am not familiar with that, and the thing was old when I got it, so it's probably much older. The PT92 doesn't have a striker, so probably not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good for him or her exercising the right to keep and bear arms.
View Quote

Agreed, catty pistols can get expensive to the point it’s unaffordable. Carry what you can and train with it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top