Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FB41:
Damn- I hate to hear this. Seems like that fucking disease always goes after the good people.

Mike and I shot my .50 Beowulf using his M16 lower at the Cushman range several years ago and we had a ball shooting other FA stuff.

GoFundMe hit.

@NorthPolar- Give him my best when you see him.
View Quote

Will do. I keep poking him to check the thread but bigger things on his plate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I swear I took all precautions.i took an colonoscopy even my primary healthcare physician went back and looked at my colonoscopy and he said there was nothing there. Nothing so much he feels so embarrassed so I don't know how it snuck on me right from zero to four, but that is what it is. I didn't even notice anything until there was some cramping on my right side and it turned out my cancer had perforated my appendix and it abscessed I hadn't made it in on time I would've died the second time with the two perforations in my colon I resisted the pain until it was almost too late again unfortunately I was pain with meds covering the symptoms, but not the problem. Best thing to do is get your colonoscopy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay I got discharged and was able to stay home for a few days but in trying to redress my primary wound, I must've messed it up because I took a nap and woke up soaked in blood so back to the hospital and they kept me for a couple days, I was Shanghai'd. I home.again and can almost walk well but still taking PT.  My job is over, either by running out of FMLA  but then I'll go on SS.  Begin my 30 year pension working for government contracting the Air Force long range radar. I'm going to retire, but it's only gonna give me like 26% of what it should've been because I'm retiring so early, but I figure better one in the hand than two in the bush. I'm just struggling to get all affairs in order in case something unexpectedly arises, I only have so many dice rolls left.   Again thank you for all the support and prayers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Gave a little bit, I sure hope it helps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Donation sent

Mike, while we have never met but may you recover and god bless...
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Just dropping by to say fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Donated.  Good luck and God speed, brother.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:03:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xanadu] [#9]
Donated - Godspeed and a steady recovery Mike!

We'll add you to our daily prayer list.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:44:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YoungPatriot] [#10]
Donated for you Mike and praying for your recovery!  Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I don’t know why I’m just seeing this now, but donated what I could.

Fûçķ cancer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I just gave a small amount. I will do more when I’m able. Prayers out and fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Can someone donate a new item and have an auction thread with payment sent directly?

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:23:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#14]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
Can someone donate a new item and have an auction thread with payment sent directly?

View Quote

I’m going to be talking to Mike about a raffle on Sunday when I’m at his place. Wilson approved one already though.  I’ve got a few of my guns for sale locally to try to raise money, but the market is flooded up here at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#15]
donated via gofundme & hope you feel better asap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Donated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish I could've donated a lot more. I will say a prayer for Mike.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Donated, stay strong
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:21:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Hit. Good luck Mike.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Donated what I could.  Prayers added Mike.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I finally have the strength to stand and walk.  Gonna try driving tomorrow.  I still have one drain left (doc removed two a couple of days ago, and an ostomy bag.   They won't tell me how long I'll have to wear a bag, could be a long time this time.

Still gotta pay the bills so there goes the motorcycle and a bunch guns, the ones I don't shoot much.

Again, thank you for all the prayers and support, especially those that don't know me.  I appreciate you.

AK Mike
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
I finally have the strength to stand and walk.  Gonna try driving tomorrow.  I still have one drain left (doc removed two a couple of days ago, and an ostomy bag.   They won't tell me how long I'll have to wear a bag, could be a long time this time.

Still gotta pay the bills so there goes the motorcycle and a bunch guns, the ones I don't shoot much.

Again, thank you for all the prayers and support, especially those that don't know me.  I appreciate you.

AK Mike
View Quote

Keep at it man

God Bless and prayers sent

btw FUCK CANCER!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#24]
sent
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Well it looks like my 1919A4 will be the first to go.  Lots of spare barrels so ideal to sell to a gun range store.  At least others will get to enjoy shooting it, maybe even me.  I rarely shot it, it's been at least a decade since I've even tried.  Our NFA range needs a belt fed.  This one was converted to IMI .308

I'll miss it anyways, like all the guns that were stolen from me, but that's another story.

thanks for everything, guys!

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Bumping for Mike. He asked me to add a photo to the front page.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wesr228:
I don’t know why I’m just seeing this now, but donated what I could.

Fûçķ cancer.
View Quote

I meant to bump the thread but it got moved
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm sorry to hear this happen to one of the good guys.

I met you a couple times at the Cushman range 20 years ago with Raven and a couple other arfcommers.
Link Posted: Today 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m not going to have updates for a few days. Avoiding Mike, I picked up Covid at work, so I’m on a week of unpaid leave at home. Figure that’s the last thing he needs.

But I will poke him to pop in here some more.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top