Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
FedEx Sucks (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2024 2:48:32 PM EDT
I wasted my Saturday hanging around the house waiting for a delivery of a wheel set that requires a signature and it never showed.  Now the scheduled delivery date shows "Will be updated soon". The dilemma that I'm facing is the tracking info now shows the last movement was at 11:00 pm Saturday night in Farmington, UT which is about 6 hours away. Does anyone know if FedEx freight trucks drive on Sunday? Should I waste a day off from work on Monday to hang around waiting to sign for my wheels? From your experiences, do I have other options for receiving a delivery that requires a signature when I can't be home to sign for it?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#1]
Reroute to Walgreens/your nearest fedex dropoff site or take your chances
"Delivery attempt made"
"Second delivery attempt made"
"Package returned"
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
FedEx Ground is a fucking joke. If it doesn't arrive late it'll be beat to shit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:
I wasted my Saturday hanging around the house waiting for a delivery of a wheel set that requires a signature and it never showed.  Now the scheduled delivery date shows "Will be updated soon". The dilemma that I'm facing is the tracking info now shows the last movement was at 11:00 pm Saturday night in Farmington, UT which is about 6 hours away. Does anyone know if FedEx freight trucks drive on Sunday? Should I waste a day off from work on Monday to hang around waiting to sign for my wheels? From your experiences, do I have other options for receiving a delivery that requires a signature when I can't be home to sign for it?  Thanks!
View Quote

I don't know about Freight.  Express does NOT operate on Sunday.  Ground or Freight might, I was never a Ground or Freight courier.

download the FedEx app and sign into it with the same email that FedEx has on file for you - set up an account with a password if you haven't already done that.  if there are "hold at location" or "approve delivery without signature" type of options available for your packages, it will be available there.  some deliveries do not allow changes to those options.  

if you have the phone number for the local FedEx Freight station - probably the same location as Ground - try that.  

I was a FedEx Express courier for a couple of years.  Express is totally different operation.  you get what you pay for.  almost all the stories of fucked up FedEx packages/deliveries I have heard over the years turned out to be "not Express".
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JVD:
"Delivery attempt made"
"Package returned"
View Quote

yeah, Ground did that shit to me once.  on the first day they attempted delivery, the status updates were back to back timestamps and I had to get a new shipment sent to me from the seller.  

you get what you pay for, and Ground contractors are a dice roll whether you get a good one or not.  Express are all direct employees of FedEx.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
and brown will let you down.........too many times.     no good thing
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m pretty sure I have an angry Ex or someone with something against me working at one of the local large hubs. I had three different items that when they arrived there were rerouted to the other side of the country, the first instance twice.

I filed complaints each time, kept track of the numbers. Finally I got a vague indirect acknowledgment that something was up the third time and my packages have never been routed through that major shipping hub since.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By racer765:

I don't know about Freight.  Express does NOT operate on Sunday.  Ground or Freight might, I was never a Ground or Freight courier.

download the FedEx app and sign into it with the same email that FedEx has on file for you - set up an account with a password if you haven't already done that.  if there are "hold at location" or "approve delivery without signature" type of options available for your packages, it will be available there.  some deliveries do not allow changes to those options.  

if you have the phone number for the local FedEx Freight station - probably the same location as Ground - try that.  

I was a FedEx Express courier for a couple of years.  Express is totally different operation.  you get what you pay for.  almost all the stories of fucked up FedEx packages/deliveries I have heard over the years turned out to be "not Express".
View Quote

I'll try the app, and with any luck it will let me by-pass a signature. We don't have a problem with porch pirates in my neighborhood, so I'm cool with leaving it on the porch.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Our weekly FedEx sucks thread
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
View Quote
yes.

just need a Suzanna Hoffs thread, too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Would you like Raj to call you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Good Ole FedsEx, guaranteed to screw you. They have “FED” in their name.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes they’ve really gotten a lot worse. I had a recent auction win that I was jazzed about getting, rare item. It was “lost” at the hub in Burlington. When I googled it, being lost at that hub, I wasn’t the only one who had that experience.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Would you like Raj to call you?
View Quote

you have no idea how much this infuriates me.  

all the big companies do that and it's the same incompetent call centers in India.  very frustrating.  

at this point the (us citizen, 30 years employee) customer service agents in the local Express station recommend using the app, it's basically hooked into the same system they have access to, but since the package is already "yours" you actually have more "rights" to change the delivery options in the system than they do.  the only things they might know aren't useful in this discussion anyway.  the handheld wireless computers the couriers use get frequent push updates from the same system that the app you can use hooks to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
If you really need it just go pick it up yourself. Yes, fedex indeed sucks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll use a different vendor online, even if it cost more $, that doesn't ship Fed-Ex.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
All the complaints of UPS,FEDEX, AMAZON,USPS etc..
I never have any issues ever. Maybe being in the best state has something to do with it 🤔
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I opened a brand new sort, and it was an absolute shitshow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Fedex ground sucks as bad as USPS and they are proud of sucking that hard.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#20]
My tracking shows Shipment exception, whatever that means.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Express or no go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
FedEx Ground is a fucking joke. If it doesn't arrive late it'll be beat to shit.
View Quote
They did me right. I had a package arriving on Tue. It was updated to today. Then again to tomorrow. Checked this morning and it showed out for delivery and it's in my hands.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
View Quote

I just realized mine is being shipped FedEx Ground, not Freight.   For the first time ever, I wish it was coming USPS.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Had a fairly expensive holster delivered by FedEx, tracking said "delivered to front door." I found it on the ground next to my mailbox, which isn't even in sight of my front door. Also, ordered some stuff from Maxpedition when they had a BOGO sale. It was delivered to the wrong house. FedEx retrieved it, put it back on the truck and drove around with it for 2 more days, then delivered it to my neighbors. Luckily, they were good folks and brought it to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
View Quote

Pretty much this.

I have such a burning hatred of FedEx that it can't be extinguished by even the deepest oceans.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:04:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoiseG] [#28]
weird double tap
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I want nothing more than for FedEx to go out of business. They are the worst shipper in the US, bar none.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

There is a less than 1% chance that they'll actually require a signature.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone else noticed FedEx drivers just wearing street clothes, now, too?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#32]
A few weeks ago FedEx guy hit on my wife then got her number off the delivery info and texted her. Claimed he lost his wallet, yeah right. She was a few weeks postpartum at the time lol.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
A few weeks ago FedEx guy hit on my wife then got her number off the delivery info and texted her. Claimed he lost his wallet, yeah right. She was a few weeks postpartum at the time lol.
View Quote
noice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
noice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
noice.

I would have started a thread but the wife had to go and pass out the next morning, spent 4 days at the hospital over what appeared to be dehydration.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I've noticed a slow down in deliveries across all carriers since the beginning of the year. Even Amazon deliveries are dropping from overnight up to 2-day deliveries, to a week+.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Fed Ex sucks.

Five out of six packages misdelivered to the wrong address and # five had to tracked down to retrieve it.  Re #6 I called the route manager who gave my # to the driver.  Driver met me in the village so I can take delivery.

In the olde days when we had a regular driver he had my # and I would meet him somewhere to take delvery.  This includes the college or even an offramp in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

WTF?!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fredshort] [#38]
View Quote

And even after all of the complaints, people still use them.

Edit: In my area, they all have been great, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS.
A package may be a day or two late, usually handed off to USPS.
But they always arrive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]

WTF?!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy-952.gif
View All Quotes

WTF?!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy-952.gif

I was debating doing anything about it but between the wife and the newborn it kinda took the piss outa me lol. The guy was complaining that he couldn't get any because of his newborn at home as well, what a sleazebag. I think the wife has screenshots of the texts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fredshort:

But they always arrive.
View All Quotes

But they always arrive.

Honestly I can't complain too much myself
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]

But they always arrive.
View All Quotes

But they always arrive.

Lots of companies you buy from don’t give you an option to choose a carrier. They either choose for you and don’t show you who the carrier will be or they only offer FedEx. No real choice to be had.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Was just checking on the ammo I ordered...and it's being delivered by FedEx.

It's supposed to be hear tomorrow. But I'm certainly not holding my breath. I don't think it requires a signature, but if it does someone will be here. Still, not a lot of hope that it will actually get delivered tomorrow.

It's currently in Nashville, so if it's going to get to me tomorrow, they better hurry. Which they won't.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

Lots of companies you buy from don’t give you an option to choose a carrier. They either choose for you and don’t show you who the carrier will be or they only offer FedEx. No real choice to be had.
View Quote

This.  I just bought a roof rack for my 4Runner, and guess who the shipper is.  No other options.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
"Delivery attempt made"
"Package returned"
View Quote

Yep. It’s horrible
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#45]
"Delivery attempt made"
"Package returned"
View Quote

Had that happen to me.  They said the delivered,  never did,  then said they were returning to shipper. Shipper sent me a new order, then Fedex delivered both orders.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#46]
"Delivery attempt made"
"Package returned"
View Quote

This,anything fedex I reroute it to Walgreens’s
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Shit, I must be the only one who'd prefer FedEx over pretty much any Amazon driver.  They take subcontracting to a whole new low.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#48]
A package that was supposed to arrive from AL on Saturday just left chicago an hour ago. It has been there two days. It happens every frigging time with fedex. It will probably be fucked up when it gets here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#49]
I just got a tracking update, “out for delivery”. I wonder if it’s too late to get the day off work? It’s only 45 minutes before I have to be there.  🫤
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Fedex lost one of the tires for my utv.  

Fedex appears to have found 2 wheels for my jeep and they are coming today.

"we have no idea"

fucking clowns
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
FedEx Sucks (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top