Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2021 3:18:17 PM EDT
We (my kids) vacuum 3-4 times a week and then then follow up with a steam mop (Dupray neat). It does ok but if you follow behind it with a cleaning wipe you pick up dirt it has missed. I'm looking for something the kids can use easily as this is their chore, but I dont want to spend $2k on a commercial tile steamer. Bissel has tile cleaners very similar to their carpet cleaners and I believe Shark has a few offerings as well.

This is for ~1600sqft of tile, kitchen/dining/living room and MBR/BTH and 1/2 bath.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
We have almost 3k sqft of tile. We use the Bissell tile cleaner, as it does a good enough job.

Hit it with the tile cleaner first and then the steamer second and the steam mop does a better job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
A bucket with a wringer and a looped end string mop can not be beat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Spic And Span or Pine Sol and an O Cedar string mop/bucket.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Shark Genius steam mop.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Roomba followed by a big Bona spray mop thing that works like a swiffer. Works well enough for us. Around 1200sq ft of wood-look tile.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
An O-Cedar mop and bucket.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not happening here
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Spic And Span or Pine Sol and an O Cedar string mop/bucket.
View Quote

I bet your grout has tons of waxy build up and just looks gross.

Clean mop and hot water is all I use, A little bit of dawn soap and or bleach when really dirty follower by another clean hot water mop. The pink neutral cleaners are fine too.

And wash your mop heads. Always use a clean one and change the water when it’s dirty and rinse the mop head in between buckets. don’t keep slopping the same dirty water on it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe. We've tried a few and it's the best so far. You need to vacuum first.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This works
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
what cleaning solution do you all use? Need something that can clean grout and make it look whiter
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Interested... I have a lot of tile floor, and I really need something to clean stubborn spots. I have a mop thing, and it does alright.

The problem I have is the previous owner of the house put in the tile and it's cheap AF tile, and he got little bits of grout and other shit all over the place. My Dyson V15 (cordless vac with the laser beamz!!) shows so much of these little spots. I'm not going to waste time scraping it all off. Eventually I'm going to rip out this cheap shit and replace it with something nice.

Something more convenient than a mop would be nice. I haven't looked into steam cleaners, but maybe I should. It would be nice to have something hand-held that I can use in the bathrooms as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Tineco Cordless basically an autoscrubber and vacuum in one.  Then run robot vacuums all the other days.

Just buy it
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tineco Cordless basically an autoscrubber and vacuum in one.  Then run robot vacuums all the other days.

Just buy it
View Quote

Biggest pile of crap out there.
All the tech that does nothing.

After self cleaning mode you have to clean it again lol

Put an LED light on something that talks to you and someone will buy it

Only cleans on one side, it sits higher than most cabinets so it wont go under them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I use.  Usually lemon ammonia with Lysol lemon added in.

I also own the Bissell steam mop.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do this, with Pine Sol.  I sweep first, then mop.  This isn't much work with no kids or pets.

There are some rough surfaced tiles that will shred a cotton mop.  If that is the case, you need to go with synthetic fibers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What I use. Hot water and white vinegar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top