Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2024 9:26:41 PM EDT
Anyone still playing or return for Dawntrail?

I transferred over to Kraken on Dynamis to abuse the road to 90 buff, +100% exp gain.

Started a small FC, managed to grow to 24, if anyone is interested.  About to buy our FC mansion.

Those that have been interested in the game but haven't tried, you can play free, forever, up to level 70.  No restrictions on gametime, can play the first three expansions fully up to level 70 on each job.

Restrictions to trial accounts, however, suck but worth it to play for free:  Basically no trading, can't use the marketboard (auction house), can't PM people unless they're friends, can't form your own party (you can join them), and can't join an FC (guild).  Sucks you can't join an FC, but these limitations help curve the bot accounts, but doesn't outright get rid of them.  Also gives you plenty of time to burn through ARR without having to pay to do so.  ARR (A realm reborn) is the original re-launched story, and takes FOREVER to get through.

Dawntrail in and of itself hasn't been stupidly impressive story wise, but the raid has been fun, new dungeons are a lot harder than most, which is imo better but new players might not like that lol.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By jatobi:
Anyone still playing or return for Dawntrail?

I transferred over to Kraken on Dynamis to abuse the road to 90 buff, +100% exp gain.

Started a small FC, managed to grow to 24, if anyone is interested.  About to buy our FC mansion.

Those that have been interested in the game but haven't tried, you can play free, forever, up to level 70.  No restrictions on gametime, can play the first three expansions fully up to level 70 on each job.

Restrictions to trial accounts, however, suck but worth it to play for free:  Basically no trading, can't use the marketboard (auction house), can't PM people unless they're friends, can't form your own party (you can join them), and can't join an FC (guild).  Sucks you can't join an FC, but these limitations help curve the bot accounts, but doesn't outright get rid of them.  Also gives you plenty of time to burn through ARR without having to pay to do so.  ARR (A realm reborn) is the original re-launched story, and takes FOREVER to get through.

Dawntrail in and of itself hasn't been stupidly impressive story wise, but the raid has been fun, new dungeons are a lot harder than most, which is imo better but new players might not like that lol.
View Quote

@jatobi

I'm on Siren. I beat Dawntrail MSQ in 4 days lol. I've been focused on farming gil and getting my crafting/gathering to 100, which was done last week. Now I'm staying focused to get my gil up over 10 million.

I have most my jobs over 50, except for MCH and BLU. Mained RPR (100) and WAR (96) for Dawntrail and Endwalker.

For anyone thinking about checking out FF14, it's a great MMO with, what is in my opinion, the friendliest playerbase in MMORPGs. The story is excellent and the gameplay is casual and hardcore player friendly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

@jatobi

I'm on Siren. I beat Dawntrail MSQ in 4 days lol. I've been focused on farming gil and getting my crafting/gathering to 100, which was done last week. Now I'm staying focused to get my gil up over 10 million.

I have most my jobs over 50, except for MCH and BLU. Mained RPR (100) and WAR (96) for Dawntrail and Endwalker.

For anyone thinking about checking out FF14, it's a great MMO with, what is in my opinion, the friendliest playerbase in MMORPGs. The story is excellent and the gameplay is casual and hardcore player friendly.
View Quote

I transferred over (for free) to get that sweet road to 90 buff to power level stuff.  All crafters/gather jobs are 80+ now.  Working on DPS jobs lol, need to get them up.  I don't have a DPS at max level to help when we have tanks and healers.

I didn't like the story for Dawntrail.  I was a bit disappointed.  Hoping the new content added with each patch makes it a bit better.  Still waiting for the cosmic exploration stuff to come.

We got our large FC house last week!

Let the true end game begin!
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Gratz on the FC house! Ours is still trying to get one.

I wasn't a fan of the Dawntrail story, either, until the Tuliyollal stuff was basically done. The South American zones were neat, but the story was mostly weak and I hated Wuk Lamat.

I'm hopeful for the next installment of the Hildebrand story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top