BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit. Fingerhut is still around?
Damn I figured that shit died in the early 2000s.
Buy here pay here mail order.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to get their catalogs in the mail at least twice a year-always with a big gold star on the cover screaming "THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST CATALOG UNLESS YOU ORDER".

They finally stopped about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just placed an order this week, 2 name brand items. Yes they are overpriced,  but I'm trying to rebuild my credit, so I'll just keep ordering small items and make my payments.
View Quote

Dude... I hope you are kidding.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That was S&H green stamps.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't fingerhut the place you went to to buy shit with your green stamps from the grocery store?

Holy shit I remember going there as a kid with my mom in the 70s

I remember my mom SAVING green stamps, don't remember her ever actually getting anything with them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember my grandma always had their catalog laying around in the '80s. I don't think she ever bought anything from there, but I used to giggle at the name even as a kid.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I remember my mom SAVING green stamps, don't remember her ever actually getting anything with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't fingerhut the place you went to to buy shit with your green stamps from the grocery store?

Holy shit I remember going there as a kid with my mom in the 70s

My mom used to save green stamps. When I was a little kid I thought they were food stamps, because they came from the grocery store and they were stamps. Makes sense, right? She freaked out when I said something one day about us using food stamps. We were poor as shit, but my parents had pride.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked for bluestem brands (parent company) briefly between 2013-2014.  Kind of a weird culture there, lots of drama.

If you have shit credit and want to rebuild, they will give you 200$ to spend on credit, but you have to spend it all and the items cost more (due to increased risk).  It is one of the fastest ways to rebuild your credit if needed.  Just don’t abuse it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
We used to get those at work. People would place one big order. But, honestly I don’t remember why. Maybe you go discounts on big orders.  

I think it was the late 1970’s.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Just remember people that failed math class want to buy shit too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember that place in the late 80's early 90's. My grandma used to order all sorts of things back then. But it was call in & mail order.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of you people talking smack about green stamps.

We had the whole set of blue steel plates with the white flecks.  That was the good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to love poring through those catalogues. Also, the Sears & Roebuck, (hellooooo, lingerie section! ) and the giant Toys R Us catalogues were hours of entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not sure if OP is serious.  Fingerhut built a business on selling crap on credit to people that had no business having credit.  And macreme.
View Quote
This, I remember my step mother getting the catalogs as a kid and laughing at the cost of the junk they sold, It was Service Merchandise via mail.

ETA, never bought anything from any of them, but the Sharper Image catalog back in the 80's was really cool shit to a teen.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top