Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can't believe in this day and age people still think this way. I work with a guy who said the earth is flat and that the pictures from space showing otherwise are just an illusion. He also says the magnetic poles creates an energy field that would power EVs and houses forever without the need for manual charging or the power grid as we know it.
View Quote

That second part is kind of interesting. Technically by moving a conductor through a magnetic field you create current. Salt water is a conductor which move through the earths magnetic field.

I was just watching a video on it last night. Can't find now. We have measured that current but it's not really useable.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the earth is round, how does the water stay in place on the bottom?  Wouldn’t the gravitational force required to hold it in cause so much pressure it would basically crush everything?
View Quote

I believe they think gravity isn’t real. He dropped a mic on stage and it hit the ground, he yelled something about that isn’t gravity and everyone cheered.

Watch the movie. It’s worth it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It's sad that I can't tell who here is joking.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's sad that I can't tell who here is joking.
View Quote
The Lizard people can tell.  That's why they are in charge.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

fixed it for you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Flat earthers, covidians, anti- pro-vaxxers, global warmists, etc.  They are all the same.  Their whole purpose is like a religion to convert people to their belief.

fixed it for you

truf
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't believe in this day and age people still think this way. I work with a guy who said the earth is flat and that the pictures from space showing otherwise are just an illusion. He also says the magnetic poles creates an energy field that would power EVs and houses forever without the need for manual charging or the power grid as we know it.
View Quote

There is a massive amount of shilling and sock-puppeting going on online from various factions.   Flat earth BS is one of the things that gets sock-puppeted to certain places to try and make them look like retards.

My favorite "evidence" that a lot of dudes fall for is the apparent angle of rays of light poking through clouds; they lack an understanding of how perspective works, in addition to basic trigonometry in regards to sundial type stuff in various locations (something smart people figured out literally thousands of years ago).

The simple fact of the matter is that most people are stupid and just being carried along on the shoulders of a much smarter minority.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is a massive amount of shilling and sock-puppeting going on online from various factions.   Flat earth BS is one of the things that gets sock-puppeted to certain places to try and make them look like retards.

My favorite "evidence" that a lot of dudes fall for is the apparent angle of rays of light poking through clouds; they lack an understanding of how perspective works, in addition to basic trigonometry in regards to sundial type stuff in various locations (something smart people figured out literally thousands of years ago).

The simple fact of the matter is that most people are stupid and just being carried along on the shoulders of a much smarter minority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow my inbox gets a random email from Quora a couple times a day.  It makes for some entertaining and sometimes educational bathroom reading.  Anyway, it's stunning the pictures that people post "proving" that the earth is flat.  Simply amazing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your going to try and get me to believe that someone who believes the earth is flat doesn't understand trig?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The military organization that patrols the ice wall with a fleet of ships vast enough to prevent any and all who would try to get through for proof, would surely get you well before you make it to the wall. Duh.  The wall is what the stars are projected on, so we cannot control what is shown.
View Quote

But what projects the stars? Are there like giant projectors? Can we reprogram them to spell out little messages in the stars? Like "Happy birthday, Nana." and "Let's Go Brandon!" The money-making opportunities are endless.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There’s a documentary on Netflix about those guys. It’s comes off like they’re trying to treat them seriously but they keep proving themselves wrong.

Not some wonderful piece of film, but it was entertaining in a flight a few weeks back.
View Quote

I loved that one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I loved that one.
View Quote

Flat-Earther accidentally proves the earth is round in his own experiment
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But what projects the stars? Are there like giant projectors? Can we reprogram them to spell out little messages in the stars? Like "Happy birthday, Nana." and "Let's Go Brandon!" The money-making opportunities are endless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The military organization that patrols the ice wall with a fleet of ships vast enough to prevent any and all who would try to get through for proof, would surely get you well before you make it to the wall. Duh.  The wall is what the stars are projected on, so we cannot control what is shown.

God.  The answer usually (not always) is that this is the way god set it up. He works the projector. Those who work for the devil conspire to withhold the truth of the earths shape from the population.  Because, if we saw for example, the invisible wall/dome we wouldn't be able to deny god's existence.  We would all believe and satan would no longer weild power on the earth.  That's pretty much the jist.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Look at the GD people here who don't trust the collective wisdom of the entire medical community, it shouldn't be a surprise. I am convinced some people split their time between here and looking for Obama's long form birth certificate.
View Quote

What?
The collective 50% of nurses that don't want the shot that shall not be named?
Or the mountain of research that shows contradicting evidence to what the MSM pushes?

The Earth isn't round, it's a sphere.  China is the cause of the virus and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]

That was the second or third attempt. First time he bought some multi thousand dollar laser, but didn’t realize the spread of a beam at 3 miles would be like 8 feet.

They were trying to take a measurement in inches using a 8’ blurry laser dot floating in space. The whole thing was a mess.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a neighbor who is a flat-earther, a pharmacist of all things. I thought he was kidding until he offered to take me to a lake to prove this to me using an experiment he devised. He said that if I am on one shore a 1/2 mile away and he's on another shore (1/2 mile away), he'll be able to see me with a scope head-to-toe, which proves his theory - if the Earth was round, I'd disappear over the horizon. He was serious. I explained that he was right in that situation because there is only 4" of drop at half a mile and he's about 6', so of course he'd be able to see me. He would not lose sight of me for a loong distance, in fact.

I passed on his experiment and explained I was solidly with the rest of the 99.999999999% of the Earth's population that believes in the round Earth theory. We're still cool, but don't discuss his theory anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What?
Or the mountain of research that shows contradicting evidence to what the MSM pushes?

The Earth isn't round, it's a sphere.  China is the cause of the virus and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
View Quote
It's actually an oblate spheroid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Flat earthers are comprised of 2 groups....trolls and legit retards.
View Quote

At a 99%-1% ratio towards the trolls.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Jesus. The more you look at it, the more fucked up it gets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This cone head is all I can think of now when I hear flat earth

https://preview.redd.it/4pfmuaxh36581.jpg?auto=webp&s=b9ea842e5bdeda91fb6f7272a654fb524837f4dd

Jesus. The more you look at it, the more fucked up it gets.

Hey, that's the Huff-A-Ton Post editorial board
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Ackshullyyyy it's a shape defined by the EGM96 coefficients, plus local topography.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a well known fact that the round-earthers had Terry Pratchett killed in order to hide the truth.

View Quote

So it's turtles all the way down, then?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#24]
China is south of the equator!
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://preview.redd.it/4pfmuaxh36581.jpg?auto=webp&s=b9ea842e5bdeda91fb6f7272a654fb524837f4dd
View Quote

Ha! I never noticed the dude with the AK because of her.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At least the one idiots rocket crashed making for great entertainment.
View Quote

That flight was sabotaged. I saw a video on YouTube before they removed it. From that angle, at .25x speed you can just barely make out a roadrunner streaking away from the launch pad before it took off.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The brutha with the AK's gonna dust that conehead!

WTF is that photo about, anyway?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I know one, not a dumb guy either, but says the earth is flat and does not spin.
The spinning would make us fall off.
Says 5G towers cause covid-19

Listens to infowars

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL  Would you be as shocked to find out there are still a lot of people who believe biden is a great president?  

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I accidentally picked a random photo shop for some reason. I didn't even notice it
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I honestly thought the whole flat earth people were joking and trolling. I didn’t think there were people out there who honestly thought the earth was flat. I am a Christian and so is my wife. She is firm that the earth is 6,000 years old. I got tired of fighting with her about it and we just don’t talk about that subject.
View Quote

I understand.  My wife is the same way.  The only place it's brought up is teaching the kids science, which she teaches them the typical theories on age.

I don't know anyone who is a flat earther, though.  I think the number is so small that it's much ado about nothing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

There's at least 3 or 4 that I genuinely have no idea what gender they are
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

https://preview.redd.it/vsnjk2h8qz911.jpg?auto=webp&s=a87164a9778d715c779e273f544b95efea078994

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

https://preview.redd.it/vsnjk2h8qz911.jpg?auto=webp&s=a87164a9778d715c779e273f544b95efea078994

I was feeling a bit down today until I saw that group of sub creatures. Thanks for the ego boost.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#34]
The moon is flat and moon landing footage was actually Mercury.   The 78 million degree winters were a bit much and had to leave.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#36]
It's absolutely absurd that anyone in today's world still believes that the earth is flat. It's obviously a sphere.

Of course, it's hollow with openings at both poles, but that's another subject entirely.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

View Quote
At least one is clearly an alien.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know one, not a dumb guy either, but says the earth is flat and does not spin.
The spinning would make us fall off.
Says 5G towers cause covid-19

Listens to infowars

View Quote

the 5g towers don't cause covid.
the covid vaccine contains nanobots which are activated by the 5g towers to track you and sell you more toilet paper.

Alex Jones is a national treasure.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

The one is obviously of Peruvian ancestry.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#40]

They were on carriers
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Funny thing is, if one is visiting the ocean (or large lake) and has access to a boat for an hour or two, it's extremely simple to not only prove that the Earth is round, but to calculate its diameter to a fair degree of accuracy.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

View Quote

I'm amazed that at least one of them didn't drown in their water cup.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm just in for the memes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this was the OG

For some I am not sure what species they are, or even if they are from this solar system.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I worked with a guy years ago who is educated, family man, and had a stellar career in LE, starting in the state police and doing the last half in the feds. At some point after he retired, he found religion, and then became a flat earther...

I hadn't spoken to him in 10 years, but reconnected on the book of faces about a year ago. The stuff I read on his page is amazing. I dont know if he had some kind of mental collapse or something, but hes not the man I once worked side by side with...

He posts all the awesome links from the flat earth pages, and lots of "proof" about the numerous government conspiracy cover ups.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL I'd love to see him draw a picture of the poles on a flat earth
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm a donut earther.
Purple is a fruit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wandered into the covid forum recently?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top