Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2020 3:34:02 PM EDT
Dr. Birx Calls Florida, Texas and California the 'Three New Yorks'

Three months after New York state became the epicenter of the nation's coronavirus outbreak, the White House's coronavirus task force coordinator, Dr. Deborah Birx, said the country is now facing "three New Yorks."

Birx called upon the American people to behave responsibly during a Today show interview Friday morning and said everyone should assume they have the virus in order to protect those with underlying health conditions and others in vulnerable groups. The U.S., which has more virus cases than any other country, surpassed 4 million cases less than 24 hours before she appeared on the program, just 15 days after reaching the 3 million mark.

Birx said it was important to "change our behavior now" before the virus is able to mount a resurgence in places like New York, where its spread devastated hospitals in late March and April. Because of the intensity of its outbreak, New York was the state with the greatest number of cases until Wednesday, when California surpassed New York's virus case count with more than 400,000. For about three months, New York also held the record for the state with the largest single-day increase in new cases, until Florida broke it on July 12 with 15,299.

"What we have right now are essentially three New Yorks," Birx said. "We're really having to respond as an American people, and that's why you hear us calling for masks and increased social distancing, to really stop the spread of this epidemic."

You guys are so lucky!!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
She was wrong back in February.  Why should I listen to her now?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta say, I'm freaking out a little here....
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet our death and hospitalization rate are much lower than NY.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm just glad AZ stopped making the news so all the mask freaks can come down off the ceiling.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't find a subway to piss in?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As someone who lived through the NY situation, I totally understand what you're going through.

Stay calm, limit your contact with others, wear a mask when you go out and gloves when you touch common surfaces like gas pumps, credit card readers, etc. and you'll probably be fine. After a while, things will improve, you'll fall into a routine and begin to relax some of your precautions.

Try not to read too many Arfcom threads on it.

@eracer
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As someone who lived through the NY situation, I totally understand what you're going through.

Stay calm, limit your contact with others, wear a mask when you go out and gloves when you touch common surfaces like gas pumps, credit card readers, etc. and you'll probably be fine. After a while, things will improve, you'll fall into a routine and begin to relax some of your precautions.

@eracer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@eracer

probably better off just staying inside your domicile and have amazon and wholefoods deliver everything,  if your that twitchy about it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

probably better off just staying inside your domicile and have amazon and wholefoods deliver everything,  if your that twitchy about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@eracer

Some of us were deemed essential, and had no choice about going out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No need to be.

When Covid first hit most of the numbers reported were mostly folks that had bad symptoms, like enough to to to the ER symptoms.

Now down here in FL they are testing everywhere and anyone. The lines are often very long and almost no in in them have any symptoms at all. Many are going because work requires a passed test to come back, many just want to know.  

Of course the numbers are going up.'

As long as you are taking basic precautions there is very little to worry about. Ie wash your hands (gloves not needed as it make many use them too much and ignore hand washing imho)
Wash your hands, keep your fingers out of your eyes and mouth (amazing at how many people do that)
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
OH MY GOD WE NEED  45 MILLION VENTIATORS!
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck ewe, Debbie Bwix!

We've already "changed our behavior" at your urging, and guess what?  It's not helping much.  But now we're poorer, many of us are jobless, and society is about to rip itself apart over this madness.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Stupid bitch doesn’t have a clue, or maybe she is just lying for effect.

Texas and Florida are not even in the minor leagues compared to NYC and New Jersey.

And we have probably peaked.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just wait two weeks. K. Thx.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in one of the top two most populous areas of Texas.

NO
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@eracer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@eracer

Gloves bro, really?

Just wash or sanitize your hands before sucking on them
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, Harris county has approximately 4 million people in it.

Total C19 deaths this year as of today...

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
They need Texas and Florida to go blue in order to consolidate their power by usurping the executive branch of the federal government.

If Satan appeared in person and said he was running for U.S. president, and ran on a platform of promising a bunch of free stuff in exchange for burning up the Constitution and the recognition of basic human rights and freedoms, and a majority of people in this country were stupid and wicked enough to fall for it, would that mean he could be legitimately elected president? Fair is fair? Sorry your gal lost?

Because that's exactly the situation we have with the democrats right now. They shouldn't even be allowed to run a candidate. The entire party should be tried for treason and dealt with as the law prescribes.

If you let cancer grow and metastasize, eventually it consumes you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
CA is fine, LA not so much

It's really LA and SF, the rest of the state must open up wearing masks

Can we shoot chastise the chicoms and democrats yet
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
CA is fine, LA not so much

It's really LA and SF, the rest of the state must open up wearing masks

Can we shoot chastise the chicoms and democrats yet
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
"everyone should assume they have the virus"

Live life from now until they say so, pretending that I’m sick?

How about no.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Shure...

Deaths/100k

NY - 166
Sweden - 55
TX - 15
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Shure...

Deaths/100k

NY - 166
Sweden - 55
TX - 15
View Quote

This.

Impossibly different situations, living conditions, and state response. If we had Tx's numbers in NY we wouldn't even be worried right now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
well considering the bs numbers in florida, the fact she's been wrong alot, and also the fact NY is a hellhole where they just killed a bunch of old people....im inclined to tell her to take her scarf and piss right off
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#25]
We need to step up our game in Texas. Start seeding those nursing homes with Covid critters.

Clean out some of the chaffe like NYC did.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in North Texas. Our county, Wichita, had around 100 total cases and two deaths, as of six weeks ago. Today, total case count is up to 808, 17 hospitalized (9 critical) and 9 deaths. County population is approximately 140K.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Illegals. Gotta get that wall finished and enforce immigration laws. They are just not bringing hopes and dreams here with them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I am just trying to stay safe, I have stopped going to my gym.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why though?  Our per capita COVID rate is one of the lowest.  

The number of COVID Cases is never modified to account for recovered cases.

Our death rate is plummeting.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Gee, I fucking wonder why...

Wouldn't have to do with all the NY trash that came down around 4th of July now would it?

Nahhhhhhh
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Illegals. Gotta get that wall finished and enforce immigration laws. They are just not bringing hopes and dreams here with them.
View Quote

Something like 60-70% of our severe cases in the county were Hispanic from a few specific areas known for illegal harboring. Read that as you will.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck.
We had numerous poultry plants in the news here that had hundreds of workers mysteriously not show up for work the day after rumors circulated online about a possible ICE raid. One year later and they still haven't been raided.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Freaking out about what? A very steady almost on the decline case rate, or the lagging but not crazy death rate. Maybe it's the inflated case counts meant to incite this fear. Could be the motorcyclist that was splattered on the road who died of covid. This virus is definitely not fake news, it's killing folks, very specific folks but the media coverage on it is definitely fake news. Don't fall for the fear mongering.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sure it has nothing to do with total population.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Huh..??
I just read Florida hospitals are not only “not” overwhelmed but has a slight excess In beds available in most locations.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is an honest question, no spin:  based on what you see first-hand, do you believe the reports that FL is as bad as they say?  With all the reports of bad data, mistakes and outright falsification/lying, I'm finding it hard to get a true sense for what's happening down there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They need Texas and Florida to go blue in order to consolidate their power by usurping the executive branch of the federal government.

If Satan appeared in person and said he was running for U.S. president, and ran on a platform of promising a bunch of free stuff in exchange for burning up the Constitution and the recognition of basic human rights and freedoms, and a majority of people in this country were stupid and wicked enough to fall for it, would that mean he could be legitimately elected president? Fair is fair? Sorry your gal lost?

Because that's exactly the situation we have with the democrats right now. They shouldn't even be allowed to run a candidate. The entire party should be tried for treason and dealt with as the law prescribes.

If you let cancer grow and metastasize, eventually it consumes you.
View Quote

F'in nailed it bro.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#39]
My boss showed me the local stats and even with the “surge” of cases and our city being one of the highest in Texas we were at 1.1%....
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"everyone should assume they have the virus"

Live life from now until they say so, pretending that I’m sick?

How about no.
View Quote

Pretend you're racist, while you're at it
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.

Impossibly different situations, living conditions, and state response. If we had Tx's numbers in NY we wouldn't even be worried right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shure...

Deaths/100k

NY - 166
Sweden - 55
TX - 15

This.

And yet, here we are in Harris County, losing our damn minds

It's all so transparent; whip up hysteria just before one of the more important GOP state conventions, completely disrupting & corrupting that process, then when your own Doomer predictions fail to transpire, take credit as the Savior of All Mankind just in time for the general election.

The only question, is do the Dems or establishment Republicans have more to gain by such machinations, or maybe they're both actively colluding against the people as a team, nowm
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We need to step up our game in Texas. Start seeding those nursing homes with Covid critters.

Clean out some of the chaffe like NYC did.
View Quote

Burn out the dead wood!
Weed out the weaklings!
Smash in their windows and kick in their doors!
(LOL, still more proof, from communists --Pink Floyd-- that communists are actually Nazis, and vice versa, by dint of their deeds)
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No need man. We got this. Numbers are all fucked up and the media talks like fags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

No homo commie Cuomos here helps.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Huh..??
I just read Florida hospitals are not only “not” overwhelmed but has a slight excess In beds available in most locations.
View Quote

“slight excess” more like abundance! They are lying hard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Can't find a subway to piss in?
View Quote

Ha!  I have two acres for that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And yet, here we are in Harris County, losing our damn minds

It's all so transparent; whip up hysteria just before one of the more important GOP state conventions, completely disrupting & corrupting that process, then when your own Doomer predictions fail to transpire, take credit as the Savior of All Mankind just in time for the general election.

The only question, is do the Dems or establishment Republicans have more to gain by such machinations, or maybe they're both actively colluding against the people as a team, nowm
View Quote

I read the coroners reporting on deaths in Polk county IIRC.

I chortled a bit when I read "Primary Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head. Secondary Cause: COVID 19"
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OH MY GOD WE NEED  45 MILLION VENTIATORS!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am just trying to stay safe, I have stopped going to my gym.
View Quote

I have been enjoying the gym being pretty empty.

All the people that usually just fuck around (and accomplish nothing) and clog the place up are staying home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Huh..??
View Quote

@Number1gun

Can you post a link?
All I see and hear down here is Covid 24/7 hysteria, the numbers are going up and every single hospital has no more room and don't you dare take off your mask or we are all gonna die.
Covid, Covid, Covid all day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top