Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2024 9:12:27 PM EDT
What containers do you use for leftovers?  We have been using heavy duty, dishwasher safe ones with gaskets from Wegman's but after 5 years they are getting pretty worn out.   I see a ton of similar options on Amazon.  Not sure if one brand is better than the others.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
We like glass Pyrex with a gasket and latched on each of the sides
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Pyrex  Round, Rectangle and Rectangle with handles
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Pyrex with some high rated silicone lids from Amazon.   I hope they are not poison but the Pyrex plastic lids don't last for crap.

We cook most dinners so there's always leftovers!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#4]
Pyrex here, too.

All but a few lids remain. Cling wrap works fine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
cambro ftw

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbatheredneck] [#6]
Semi disposable Rubbermaid ones.
toss when they get stained or scratched up.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Racer_X] [#7]
Rubbermaid.
They seal better in the freezer than Gladware.  I've had both.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Pyrex Simply Store
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Rubbermaid Brilliance
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
Semi disposable Rubbermaid ones.
toss when they get stained or scratched up.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/f02318d1-8719-42bf-9dd7-a7a6a0c42d76.e971409af87fcbb938e8221467fb275a.jpeg?odnWidth=1000&odnHeight=1000&odnBg=ffffff
View Quote

Been using these for a decade. Only had to replace a couple lids.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:
cambro ftw

View Quote

This guy fucks
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HurleyS:
View Quote

Swapped all our old POS plastic containers for Pyrex about 3 years ago and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Normally my use of food containers is when I have leftovers and 87% of the time they go in the fridge.

For the most part I use glass containers with lids that clamp on the dish, all different sizes.  If I am going to put something in the freezer I will use the Rubbermaid stuff.  I will cook stuff in the glass containers but if in a Rubbermaid container I will put it on a plate first.  I don't trust heat with plastics not have something unwanted end up in my food.

Maybe I am wrong but I thought Pyrex got discontinued or maybe they just got bought out, think Corning ware was part of the deal or something.  Maybe I am thinking of something else?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
Rubbermaid Brilliance
View Quote

That’s what I have. They’ve been nice so far
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Rubbermaid Brilliance

Equipment Review: The Best Plastic and The Best Glass Food Storage Containers & Our Testing Winners

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AdLucem:
cambro ftw

View Quote
this right here. we found some smaller cambros (16 & 32 oz.) that are perfect for leftovers. heavy plastic and the lids fit great.
available hear

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Not being sarcastic, this thing is great for leftovers.
Chamber vacuum sealer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Bingo!!
Long Live Pyrex!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Various sized round and square PYREX containers.

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:29:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cavedog] [#20]
Glass for container,  BPA free plastic lid with gasket and locking flaps.  I'll grab whatever is on sale when I see them, usually a two pack of some size. I've found the larger containers don't seal as well as the smaller (1 quart) ones.

I have a bunch of plastic containers that won't seal, so I use them for hobbies.

For canisters, I bought a dozen wide mouth quart Bell canning jars, and a dozen plastic lids.  I also use the half gallon jars for rice and coffee.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Laugh if you want but deli take out containers. Between the kids and significant other they break or melt everything else these have been cheaper in the long run. I get them locally for less $8 for 50 containers and $6 for the lids
Amazon Product
  • All-Around Food Solution: Store various foods like leftovers, sauces, hot soup, fruits and more. Use them for meal prep or give away food to your guests or customers

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Glass.  I don’t need the latched lids like above since they go right into the fridge; but go glass.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Pyrex = freezer to microwave safe
Any foods high in acid (tomatoes) will stain and etch into plastic containers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#25]
We use Pyrex and I have a case of disposable half quart deli containers that we can send stuff with people or freeze stuff in. They're $35 for 240.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I reuse whatever containers lunch meat comes in. And ziplock bags
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
This is what my wife swears by.
But she can taste stuff that I cannot fathom.  She claims that plastic retains the taste of everything it touches.  My sense of taste is almost completely gone.  Everything is just kinda bland these days (but I do not salt anything, so not surprising).
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Pyrex and Pro-Glass with silicone gasket latch lids.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nottooslow] [#30]
Originally Posted By mo98:
Laugh if you want but deli take out containers. Between the kids and significant other they break or melt everything else these have been cheaper in the long run. I get them locally for less $8 for 50 containers and $6 for the lids
www.amazon.com/dp/B07SYC9TX9
View Quote

This but I buy in bulk on websuaurantstore.com

Webstaurantstore = .17 ea
Amazon = .60 ea

Its nice since they are semi-disposable. So I can send leftovers home with people and not worry about getting the container back.
Also, just throw away stuff you forgot in the back of the fridge. Don't have to clean out moldy gross containers of food your kids hid from you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

Amazon = .60 ea

Its nice since they are semi-disposable. So I can send leftovers home with people and not worry about getting the container back.
Also, just throw away stuff you forgot in the back of the fridge. Don't have to clean out moldy gross containers of food your kids hid from you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nottooslow:
Originally Posted By mo98:
www.amazon.com/dp/B07SYC9TX9

Amazon = .60 ea

I didn't want to mention that last part but that too. It's not hard to toss the back of the fridge science experiments and food hoardings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top