Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2024 10:08:03 PM EDT
Former CIA Officer Reveals Shocking Details From War Meeting With Dick Cheney | John Kiriakou
it was 2002 it goes to show you how out of touch our leaders are it’s a short video but really disturbing .
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
In 2010 when my best friend came back from Afghanistan he said the last stop on the GWOT train would be Iran.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bnielsonak47:
In 2010 when my best friend came back from Afghanistan he said the last stop on the GWOT train would be Iran.
View Quote

14 years foresight is some serious prophetic skillz.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess former CIA douche bags going on podcasts and running their mouths, is in.

Does that mean there will be less Navy Seal books?

It's hard to say who I would trust less, Cheney and Rumsfeld or anyone from the CIA. They are pretty much all useless and retarded assholes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be another protracted war we'd waste generations of men & women in.  Do blockades/sanctions and starve them out.  It wouldn't take long.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
I guess former CIA douche bags going on podcasts and running their mouths, is in.

It's hard to say who I would trust less, Cheney and Rumsfeld or anyone from the CIA. They are pretty much all useless and retarded assholes.
View Quote

Tom Clancy’s works of FICTION gave the U.S. Government and the CIA in particular WAAAAAY more credit for integrity and competency than was deserved. We read the books, we wanted to believe and then we were shocked to find that the CIA was run by a bunch of self-serving, petty, little, politicos impressed by their own unwarranted sense of self-importance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#6]
It's kind of a NO SHIT SHERLOCK thing today, considering what is now known about our fake compromised by foreign interests government. Geez, the supposed Republican speaker of the house who KNOWS that we have a open border for 4 years now, and who, replaced the OTHER RINO who ALSO did jackshit about it - he gave ZERO dollars for border funding while giving close to 100 billion for Ukraine and Israel and Taiwan + 2 or 300 million for Ukraine's border patrol...it's LOL all around is it not. Jokes on us.

We were being bent over and fucked/lied too about WMDs too under Cheney and Dubya. Clinton lied too. We the public are lied to all the time by the media which is really part of the government apparatus to deceive the public and get public support up for whatever BS diabolical next war that is planned.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:18:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#7]
View Quote

Wouldn't have been a bad thing. Iran is the real problem.

I don't believe we should have invaded Iraq. I think we should have cut a deal with Saddam.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
We should have taken out NK first. Then SK could have done all the garrisoning. Then turn to Iraq and do not dismantle their gov. Finally hit Iran and use Iraqi forces to garrison. Problem solved. Time to turn internal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ban-hater:
It would be another protracted war we'd waste generations of men & women in.  Do blockades/sanctions and starve them out.  It wouldn't take long.
View Quote

Pretty sure we have had generations of sanctions to no avail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Pretty sure we have had generations of sanctions to no avail.
View Quote

They are to no avail when other nations...and our own sometimes.....circumvent them.

Cracking down hard on them would start a wider war.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my brief in May but none of this stuff he’s saying was mentioned, just the 2003 invasion of Iraq but I was only in an SOF unit.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
We should have taken out NK first. Then SK could have done all the garrisoning. Then turn to Iraq and do not dismantle their gov. Finally hit Iran and use Iraqi forces to garrison. Problem solved. Time to turn internal.
View Quote

Rumsfeld opposed actions against DPRK
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Not useless and retarded, useful and sociopathic.

Useful to who is the right question.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

View Quote

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202302157586
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

https://apnews.com/article/iran-nuclear-program-iaea-yemen-israel-gaza-95fa2eea23f4cfc58678f60b8715d93e

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

They'll cap off a nuke before the US does fuck-all other than fund everyone but our own citizens.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ban-hater:
View Quote

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Irans-Dark-Fleet-of-Oil-Tankers-Continues-to-Thrive-Despite-Sanctions.amp.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#21]
The concept is sustainable war.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

I don't believe we should have invaded Iraq. I think we should have cut a deal with Saddam.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We needed Iraq as a counter balance to Iran in the region .

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:29:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#23]
I watched it.  Some of my thoughts at the time like maintaining a military footprint in the region (in Iraq) as we vacated from KSA were-according to this guy-true.  

I think KSA has since seen the error of their ways.  Maybe that’s why we allow the Iranians to do what they do;  militarily threaten the western aligned ME OPEC nations to further push same to align with U.S. interests out of fear of the Mullahs.  It doesn’t hurt that said nations keep production lines open when they buy U.S. weapons.  Maybe in that context Iran IS the stability in the region, but I digress.

Initially, there were many Iraqis that indeed welcomed the coalition forces as Saddam was deposed due to his excesses and that of his entitled little fuckhead son Uday, but then Sunnis that lost their privileged status in a majority Shia country organized and started an insurgency often referred to as the “Sunni Uprising” that metastasized around the time the Blackwater contractors were ambushed, killed, and their charred, dismembered bodies hung from a bridge in or near Fallujah.  That insurgency lasted until the “Sunni Awakening” when Iraqis became tired of being slaughtered on the streets and in their homes and took to the streets to police their neighborhoods and communities.  That’s when things REALLY started to calm down with Iraqis actually naming names of insurgents to U.S. forces, but the Marines I spoke with often said things weren’t that active even as far back as 2005.  That was in the Sunni Triangle nonetheless.  Nature of an insurgency I suppose.  

I think things were pretty well off by 2008 just before Obama was sworn in and he pulled out prematurely.  We have (or had until recently-not sure if we still do) a BDE in Iraq on what is basically a stability mission.  We should have treated Iraq like a W Germany, Japan, or Sous Korea and left a substantial presence in-country, but as soon as we take military action that lasts more than a week, the leftist peaceniks are out there beating the drum of surrender and defeat to win elected office, and it works.  One sees the same language / talking points exercised here.

Which is the real lesson here;  if the U.S. goes to war, it has to end quickly or the left will exploit U.S. casualties to consolidate political power and leave the U.S. weaker than before we were when the conflict started.  The left doesn’t care what the cost to America is as long as they are given an opportunity to increase their power over you.  

If Iranian Mullah’s had been removed, the outlook in SWA would certainly look different now.  That of course assumes it could have been done quickly enough to circumvent anti-American sentiment organizing here at home to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  

ETA:  Militarily, Iran would be a metaphorical speed bump with logistics being the more difficult challenge as we maneuvered to secure nuclear sites deep in Iran.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Not really as most troubles in the middle east stem from Iran.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Of course, the CIA telling everyone else about how the CIA is always right and everyone else is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

It's like everyone's forgotten the "Axis of Evil" speech from 2002.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#27]
No need to invade and send ground forces.

Hit some strategic targets, cut off trade with the world, drone strike any trucks coming into Iran.  The people can rise up like 1979 and install a decent government.  IF not they can suffer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By xd341:
Not useless and retarded, useful and sociopathic.

Useful to who is the right question.
View Quote

I've got a video that shows what the CIA does and is good at

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Of course, the CIA telling everyone else about how the CIA is always right and everyone else is wrong.
View Quote

Correct. And smell their own farts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By macman37:
The concept is sustainable war.
View Quote

Lots of money to be made there no doubt. Another big thing is taking out all strong nationalist leaders. They’re an impediment to one world government.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#31]
Blegh!

The thing about many dusty shitholes is that they are tenuous at best. Very few drinking water sources. Most of their food will come from a couple of imported locations. They tend to drop eleventy kids and have huge passels that one dude needs to feed.

If you are going to make war "invasion" is a fucking stupid way to go about it.

-edit-
For those of you that will intentionally misinterpret the above.
Bomb the oil wells. Bomb the pumping stations. Bomb the ports. Blow up the damns. Blow up the water wells.
Iran will cease to exist in 90 days.  
That "Death to America" horse shit might hold on until they figure out what that actually looks like in outcome.
Anyone who utters the words "humanitarian crisis" afterward should be tossed out of a helicopter
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:29:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ExtraHardTaco] [#32]
I'm sure the Iranian people would welcome us with open arms, just like the Iraqis did in 2003

That's sarcasm by the way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Makarov:

Tom Clancy’s works of FICTION gave the U.S. Government and the CIA in particular WAAAAAY more credit for integrity and competency than was deserved. We read the books, we wanted to believe and then we were shocked to find that the CIA was run by a bunch of self-serving, petty, little, politicos impressed by their own unwarranted sense of self-importance.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Iran is something that should have been fixed 40 years ago

Now either quarantine them, proxy war them, or nuke them

Boots on the ground ain't gonna work
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#35]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
Iran is something that should have been fixed 40 years ago

Now either quarantine them, proxy war them, or nuke them

Boots on the ground ain't gonna work
View Quote

What would you say if I told you…..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#36]
General Wesley Clark "We're going to take-out 7 countries in 5 years."

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Blegh!

The thing about many dusty shitholes is that they are tenuous at best. Very few drinking water sources. Most of their food will come from a couple of imported locations. They tend to drop eleventy kids and have huge passels that one dude needs to feed.

-edit-
Bomb the oil wells. Bomb the pumping stations. Bomb the ports. Blow up the damns. Blow up the water wells.
That "Death to America" horse shit might hold on until they figure out what that actually looks like in outcome.
Anyone who utters the words "humanitarian crisis" afterward should be tossed out of a helicopter
View Quote

Are you talking about Texas or Iran?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:
I'm sure the Iranian people would welcome us with open arms, just like the Iraqis did in 2003

That's sarcasm by the way.
View Quote

Maybe not but they sure as fuck wouldn’t miss the Iranian government https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68840881.amp
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#39]
Blegh!

-edit-
View Quote

Caspian is a bit out of reach from the gulf

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:55:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#40]
View Quote

Lol, they had ample opportunity to topple Iran without firing a shot in 2008 and again in 2013 and not only did they not take those opportunities, they sent appeasement cash.  They are using Iran as a proxy pariah state against Israel who they hate more. They need Iran.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:56:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#41]
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:

Hit some strategic targets, cut off trade with the world, drone strike any trucks coming into Iran.  The people can rise up like 1979 and install a decent government.  IF not they can suffer.
View Quote

Trade has been cut hence China and Russia

https://www.ft.com/content/6b944786-9809-11e9-8cfb-30c211dcd229

Attachment Attached File

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/irans-foreign-minister-calls-eu-sanctions-regrettable-2024-04-23/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

@Pallas

+1

I think the U.S. government should have found the right people to bring Saddam back into the fold, and taken down the government of Iran, by whatever means necessary.  It’s unbelievable how the U.S. government has fucked things up.  Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons was colossally stupid.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#44]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@Pallas

+1

I think the U.S. government should have found the right people to bring Saddam back into the fold, and taken down the government of Iran, by whatever means necessary.  It’s unbelievable how the U.S. government has fucked things up.  Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons was colossally stupid.
View Quote

They want Iran to have nukes, they believe that they’re “leveling the playing field” with Israel by promoting proliferation.

Enabling Iran against Israel allows them to undermine Israel and maintain deniability. It’s their butt buddies in the Muslim Brotherhood that concocted this scenario. The MB also gets deniability “it’s those Shia bastards in Hezbollah, not us!”
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Iranian bullshit or just regular clickbait.

The US could quite easily destroy the Iranian C&C structure and airdrop guns on the masses.

The rest is up to the Persian people to form a US friendly government or rinse/repeat the above.

Getting US troops to hang around on the ground rebuilding is not the way to go but liberal hand wringers seem to need some feelgood element.  

View Quote

Got to sell them baseball and apple pie with a side of babes in bikinis.

Everyone thinks 6th century barbarians can just be changed in a few years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

take a look at a map of iran and let me know how easy it would be to 'cut off trade with the world' since places like roosha, chyna and best korea arent gonna cooperate. and you have a large coastline, so trucks arent what you would need to target.

a war with iran can only be fought effectively by this country with nukes. its larger than iraq, mountainous and would require a very large conventional ground force to effectively deal with the country. and where are you gonna get the huge number of troops to wage war? draft them? not gonna fly unless iran nukes us first.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Makarov:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Look at the basic competence of any government agency you've interacted with and remember that the ones you haven't dealt with are not a damn bit better or more competent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#48]

@Pallas

+1

I think the U.S. government should have found the right people to bring Saddam back into the fold, and taken down the government of Iran, by whatever means necessary.  It's unbelievable how the U.S. government has fucked things up.  Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons was colossally stupid.
View All Quotes

@Pallas

+1

I think the U.S. government should have found the right people to bring Saddam back into the fold, and taken down the government of Iran, by whatever means necessary.  It's unbelievable how the U.S. government has fucked things up.  Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons was colossally stupid.
You guys mean another deal with Saddam right?  He was our boy before he was our bad guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

View Quote

Ha! Brilliant repartee

I assume you're of the "Rescue them from themselves" war college of democracy spreading?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Ha! Brilliant repartee

I assume you're of the "Rescue them from themselves" war college of democracy spreading?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Ha! Brilliant repartee

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top