Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2024 4:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3BP]
Attachment Attached File

My shitbag cousin decided for the 87th time, he was thinking about killing himself. So he called a friend and said come take my gun so I don’t kill myself with it. After a couple days the friend turned it in to the PD. Shitbag cousin finds out and calls the PD trying to get his gun back. Turns out his numerous felonies prohibit him from owning a gun…. He is told his only option is to give it to a family member who has to sign a form indicating they will not give it back to him.  He told them to give it to me. Came with two boxes of ammo. All it cost me was a signature.  

Then I realized that the other two revolvers I own were given to me for free as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about your cousin.

Free guns are nice though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting that it has a Century Arms import mark. I wonder where it was reimported from.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I like that flavor of GP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By johnnieblue:
Interesting that it has a Century Arms import mark. I wonder where it was reimported from.
View Quote

I didn't even see that until you pointed it out.  What does that mean exactly?  It made its way out of the country then back in?

Also, it has a bobbed hammer with "3010" hand engraved on it.  I'll do some digging later, but does that mean anything to any of you that known about these guns?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
French?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By johnnieblue:
View Quote

Could be from Australia too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations. I’ve never had a free gun Friday or any other day of the week…..
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:29:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#8]
French or Japanese import?

ETA: quick search online says those came back from Canada
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe Canada.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/century-arms-gp100-import-info-needed.369195/

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MCFC:
Congratulations. I’ve never had a free gun Friday or any other day of the week…..
View Quote

After counting them up tonight, I’m pretty sure I have received 9 free guns this far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one like that once, double action only, Royal Canadian Mounted Police trade in, or so Gander Mountain told me at the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
And those import marks seem familiar, pretty sure it was the same on mine
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
No free guns for me, but I don't associate with shitbag relatives.   I think I got one free gun - it was my Grandfather's 32 ACP pocket pistol and it's so small I never shoot it as I can't grip the damn thing well.

But it's still in the safe, waiting to kill commies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe these were Canadian sold originally and reimported back about 10-15 years. Just going from memory.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
I believe these were Canadian sold originally and reimported back about 10-15 years. Just going from memory.
View Quote

I think I got mine probably about 15 years ago, so yeah, about right
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#16]
That ugly paper weight is not even worth my signature.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mitikoki:
That ugly paper weight is not even worth my signature.
View Quote

It's a GP 100.  What's wrong with you?  Are you @Blain 's alternate account?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice sturdy revolver enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Would that make it a factory bobbed hammer?  From what I can tell, those are hard to find. I cant imagine even the canadian police using non factory parts in service weapons.

Also, I forgot about the Glock 48 I was given about two years ago. I hate it, so it got buried in the safe and forgotten about. So I am up to ten free guns…

Shit, make that eleven. I forgot about a frankenstein AR I won couple years back. I gave it to a friend because I was embarrassed to even have it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#20]
Originally Posted By 3BP:

I didn't even see that until you pointed it out.  What does that mean exactly?  It made its way out of the country then back in?

Also, it has a bobbed hammer with "3010" hand engraved on it.  I'll do some digging later, but does that mean anything to any of you that known about these guns?
View Quote

Like backbencher suggested.....

the french had a ton of them for police and they’ve been mostly surplused.

Ahh Canada too eh?

I prefer S&W revolvers but Rugers are pretty tough.   I just bought a SP101 in .327 and it is a tack driver with my .32 H&R loads.  I haven’t shot it at 50 yards though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:14:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#21]
IIRC, it was assumed that Century Arms brought a lot of guns in from Puerto Rico and sold them through Sportsmans Warehouse. Some of these had rust/pitting dues to the tropical climate.  Here's a poster on a Ruger forum from Puerto Rico describing what sounds like the same gun.

Howdy from Puerto Rico

I found a Ruger GP100, 4 inch, fixed sighted, .38 special (only) with a half-lug.
View Quote

From another thread he posted:

This particular one is a stainless, .38 special only model with fixed sights (The front sight is black ramp, I presume that can be changed), half-lug, with the nice wood-inlay rubber grips. This one also has a 4 inch barrel and is SA capable (Has hammer spur), so I'm pretty sure this is not a NYPD variant. Could this be one built for Europe or for Security companies? I live in Puerto Rico, could it have been made for police use here? I can snatch it up for $350 or less, if that matters.
View Quote

Although his has a hammer spur.  OP, is yours a .38 Spl.  What's the serial number range? Is it close to the one below?  171-95299?  The one below dates to 2000.  A phone call to Ruger CS may reveal where it was shipped to.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:19:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#22]
Nice. I’d have someone bead blast it, but I’m a lunatic who can’t let things be
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
IIRC, it was assumed that Century Arms brought a lot of guns in from Puerto Rico and sold them through Sportsmans Warehouse. Some of these had rust/pitting dues to the tropical climate.  Here's a poster on a Ruger forum from Puerto Rico describing what sounds like the same gun.

Howdy from Puerto Rico

From another thread he posted:

Although his has a hammer spur.  OP, is yours a .38 Spl.  What's the serial number range? Is it close to the one below?  171-95299?  The one below dates to 2000.  A phone call to Ruger CS may reveal where it was shipped to.

https://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/handguns/usa/revolver/1287757034.jpg
View Quote

Starts with 172-

Also, I’m up to 12 free guns. I went into the safe to get my hated g48 out, and saw the G26 I was given years ago!
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 3BP:

Starts with 172-

Also, I’m up to 12 free guns. I went into the safe to get my hated g48 out, and saw the G26 I was given years ago!
View Quote

If you're interested, you can look-up the serial number and see when it's made.

Ruger Serial Number Lookup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top