Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit.  Give it hell OP.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
CLICKED - God Bless sir and best of luck.  

Stage 4 is very much not a good place to be, and glad you are still alive.  MD Anderson can be good - but it's not your only option, so don't despair if that's not so easy - what part of Texas are you in?

And fuck cancer.  Definitely fuck Stage 4 cancer.
View Quote

No Sir it isn't, and Thank you! I'm out in Western TX. I drive to Midland for treatment and all other appointments.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit it. Prayers sent as well
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Look into Ivermectin being used as a cancer treatment. No, really…. Apparently it’s a thing and there has been success in shrinking and eliminating tumors.
View Quote

Oh yeah, I'm very aware of it. An even bigger thing that THOUSANDS of people have been using is FenBendazole (SafeGuard or Pancur-C Dog De-wormer/anti-parasitic). It's called the Joe Tippens Protocol. There's a human version of it, which is the exact same chemical molecule, called Mebendazole also used to treat parasites. I just recently started back on the FenBen again, but in a larger dosage. The first go around with it last summer, when I believe I was on my way out the door, gave me my appetite back. I wasn't eating 2-3 bites of anything. The sight of food made me want to puke and it turned my stomach into knots. The SafeGuard powder was the only thing I added to my "treatments." About 3 weeks later, I woke up with my stomach GROWLING! I wanted to eat! Mom and I went to breakfast, and halfway through I broke down in a waterfall of tears right in the middle of the restaurant. It was the best meal I had ever tasted in my life!! I cried at the table because it was so good, and I knew that that part of my battle was over with for the time being. My appetite has been pretty decent since that day. I can't say that it did anything other than that for me, but you'll never convince me that taking FenBen didn't do something very positive for me.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit. Best of luck to you man. I saw my mom fight like hell through two bouts of cancer and she was able to beat it. Keep on fighting OP!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Steve.  

Sorry you're going through this.  Keep up the good attitude!  Glad to hear you have tried fenbendazole, it appears to make a difference for a lot of people and really doesn't have much of a downside.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

I remember that very well. Many of us here were pray-fighting for you, and many were very relieved when He decided to exonerate you and things started looking up.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Done.

I was given 6 months more than 7 years ago and am 5 plus NED.

Don’t give up hope.

You’re in Texas, if you’re not at MD Anderson, make an appointment TOMORROW!

I went to MSK and received experimental liver cancer treatment. Ask if you are eligible for a Hepatic Artery Infusion treatment. I have no advice on the bone cancer as mine was confined to the colon (lost it) and the liver.

Reach out if you need to talk. Spent many nights crying into a pillow when I was talking to Ed Jr. or Fish223. Don’t fight this alone.

I remember that very well. Many of us here were pray-fighting for you, and many were very relieved when He decided to exonerate you and things started looking up.  

Thanks Wilson, I’m still convinced Heaven doesn’t want me and the Devil was afraid of a hostile takeover… so you’re all stuck with me for awhile more!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
You’re in Texas, if you’re not at MD Anderson, make an appointment TOMORROW!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks Wilson, I’m still convinced Heaven doesn’t want me and the Devil was afraid of a hostile takeover… so you’re all stuck with me for awhile more!
View Quote

we’ll take it, with open arms 😁
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Donated a little, sorry you're dealing with this at such a young age.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck on this journey, please keep us updated.   Had my scare in '21, don't wish it on anyone.  
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
Steve,

I'm sorry this is happening to you.  I highly recommend reading this book for anyone battling cancer (available on Amazon):

Cancer Self-Defense 101

It details a lot of diet, supplement and off-label drug strategies for anyone fighting cancer.  There is a ton of information in ot that is not common knowledge (like berberine, metformin, aspirin and ketogenic diets).

I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-YrZMIK37U
View Quote

Thanks, BB! I'll definitely check out the video and book. I've done, and I'm still doing, lots of research and reading on my particular type of Cancer. It is interesting to learn about seemingly simple things that various people are doing to try and overcome their illness. Not everything works for everyone, but it's worth reading up on all of it and deciding what you want to try. The old saying is "you treat the patient, not the Cancer" rings true because we are all different. On top of the chemo/immuno, I'm taking FenBendazole, Curcumin/Tumeric, have severely decreased my sugar intake because that's where Cancer gets its energy from. One of my chemo buddies is an Anesthesiologist at the hospital in the same building where we get our infusions. This is his 2nd go around with his Cancer, and we have the exact same diagnosis. He is a wealth of knowledge and sends me stuff to read all the time. He's doing the keto diet, using the Berberine, FenBen/Mebendazole, Ivermectin, and Metformin. And he recently started taking Tagamet OTC which provides heartburn relief. There was a study done on Tagamet, and it does show to have some cancer fighting properties in some cases.

Thanks for your response, well wishes, and the info you shared!

Steve
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JVD:
Damn, that sounds rough for 45. No other symptoms for years?
Good luck with treatments.
View Quote

Thank you! No Sir. Absolutely ZERO symptoms until the dull pain in my side that finally made me go get it checked out. I was due for my yearly exam at that time anyway. For the prior ~25 years of yearly checkups, I always received a clean bill of health. This literally came out of nowhere, and was very aggressive.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HRoark87:
Hit. Godspeed dude.
View Quote

Thank You, Sir!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Donated.  Will pray for you.
View Quote

Thank You! And thanks for the prayers too!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
Done, God Bless you.
View Quote

Thanks! And the same to you and yours!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
hit. give it hell. sounds like you are.
View Quote

Thank you! I'm doing my best!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Heatnbeat:
Hit. Prayers and best wishes for you.
View Quote

Thank you so much! And thanks for the prayers!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Durango95:
Hit, and a bump.
View Quote

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Best of luck to you sir.
View Quote

Thank you, Sir!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:
Hit

and also bump
View Quote

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Prayers sent
View Quote

Thank you kindly, Sir!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By superjc:
Donated- it just occurred to me the old ARF would show how many people were online at any given time (logged in). Usually 4-5K per evening.

5K x twenty bucks = $100,000... that's the potential power of numbers.. Godspeed Steve!
View Quote

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Prayers out.
View Quote

Thank you so much!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By rippr334:
Hit.

Prayers for you and a cure.
View Quote

Thanks Rippr!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
Hit. Keep up the fight.
View Quote

Thank you very much!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Donated.  God bless you, Steve.
View Quote

Thanks for the donation! Everything helps right now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Tagged for payday
View Quote

Thanks DK!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sirbordsalot311:
Prayers out to you, friend
View Quote

Prayers are welcomed! Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 8upwitHDs:

Hopefully one less thing for you to worry about. I pray that you feel better and that you get the healing that you need. Prayers.
View Quote

Thanks for your kind words! They are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ty_Webb:
Hit.

Bump.

Keep up the fight.
View Quote

Very much appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CanvasBack:
Hit and a bump
View Quote

Much appreciated!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stevetx77:

Thank you so much!!
Yes, my application is currently being investigated. My diagnosis qualifies me for their “compassionate allowance” which is supposed to speed up the processing time to 1-2 months instead of 8-10. But the last person I spoke with at SSA said applications like mine are taking 8-9 months these days. I’m not holding my breath for a quick turnaround time…

Steve
View Quote

Call your US rep and see if they can get things sped up for you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Done. I hope it helps.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By carcrazysammy:
Done. I hope it helps.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#40]

Finally hit it! Hope it makes some small difference.  
View Quote

Thank You, WILSON! And thanks again for your assistance in making this possible.
Steve
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Update 4-28-24

Hello to All! Just a little update here for those that are interested. I completed my MRI scans on my spinal column and hip areas, which is where all that mysterious pain emitted from. Our thoughts were that some of the cement from the Kyphoplasty leaked out of the vertebrae before it had fully cured, and had hardened in place onto a nerve which caused the most intense pain I've ever experienced in my life. There are no neurological issues, just my nerves responding like they're supposed to do when something isn't right. They did find that my bone cancer lesions are more numerous than shown with a bone scan, and way worse than previously anticipated. I have lesions all up and down my spine, in my hip joints/femoral head, and the iliac crests on both sides. The Iliac crest is the top edge of your pelvis/hip bones and mine is so sensitive that I'm going to have to trade my belt for some suspenders I guess... From what I understand, the cancer obviously changes the anatomy of the bone and makes it very weak. It is very easy now for me to fracture any affected bone by any simple movement I've done naturally all my life like getting out of bed, sitting down somewhere, leaning over to pick up something off the floor, etc. This is just mind boggling to me. I guess my bones are turning into mashed potatoes as we speak. In the 1st quarter of 2023 I managed to break 7-8 ribs total on a couple different occasions. One of them was simply leaning over a metal railing to grab a screwdriver that rolled away. That's when we did my first bone scans and found the bone cancer. They immediately started me on a once a month IV called Zometa, which they give to the elderly for Osteoporosis, and I haven't broken another rib in over a year. The only way to get rid of my bone cancer is to win the battle! Even then, there will still be some permanent changes in some bones that'll never be 100% correct again. Until then, my Oncologist told me to find a good medical supply store and pick out a nice wheelchair, walker, and crutches because a bone breakage is most likely to happen either in my spine again, which could paralyze me, or at the Femur/Femoral Head, which will put me in a chair until/if it heals.

I also met with a radiation oncologist this past week. Radiation was never a treatment option for me due to my cancer being all over the place: organs and bones. They'd cook me alive before they got to it all... They can do some light radiation though to help alleviate some of the pain I'm experiencing. I start on Tuesday with my first dose, and we will focus on my Sternum and right Rib area, where most of my breakages happened last year. This area is so fragile and painful right now, that it's hard to sleep because my ribs have trouble supporting my own body weight when I lay down. I can't lay down because my ribs are weak, and I can't sit up for too long because my spine has turned to mashed potatoes. Ugghhhhhh... Cancer is such a BITCH! I'm not gonna give up though. I got a lot of fight, and a lot of life still in me to give. Gonna give it Hell until the bitter end, and that's the only way forward for me!

I can't thank everyone enough for the support, comments, IM's, and donations you've made. Sometimes there just aren't any words that'll convey how you feel about something. My unemployment benefits are now officially over, and I'm still working on the Social Security Disability side of things, which is a totally F***** process. Get this, I fall into the "Compassionate Allowance" category that's supposed to speed things up by light years due to the severity/terminality of my disease (1-2 months instead of 10-12). They want a letter from my Dr. saying that I'm not supposed to survive more than 1 year from the date of application. They're telling me that even these "Compassionate Allowance" investigations are now taking up to a year. Mine currently says about 8 more months before they make a determination. SO, if I don't find some Congressman or someone high up that can make a couple phone calls to the investigator to hopefully speed things up, I'll be long gone before that first check of my hard earned tax dollars ever gets back to me... How's that for compassion? Anyone know someone I can speak with about this? Have a relative in the .Gov? Anyway, thanks again for the donations if you did so. If not, I totally understand as times are tough for MANY of us out there right now, and it's hard to let go of any extra cash you might be lucky enough to have. All I can ask is that hopefully you can forward my GFM link to others that might be willing and able to help out a complete stranger.

https://gofund.me/664fcf7d

Thanks again for everything! Will update again when I have something newsworthy to share.
Steve
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Powderfinger] [#42]

Thank you so much!!
Yes, my application is currently being investigated. My diagnosis qualifies me for their “compassionate allowance” which is supposed to speed up the processing time to 1-2 months instead of 8-10. But the last person I spoke with at SSA said applications like mine are taking 8-9 months these days. I’m not holding my breath for a quick turnaround time…

Steve
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack19:
Done.  

Steve, have you applied for disability with Social Security?

Thank you so much!!

Steve

Maybe Allsup can help.

Hang in there, brother!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:

Maybe Allsup can help.

Hang in there, brother!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74684/holdfast_jpg-3200848.JPG
View Quote

Much appreciated! I did some researching this evening and found https://www.atticus.com/ provides similar services. I'll call them both tomorrow.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Continued prayers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top