Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2023 9:53:57 AM EDT
Got a birthday coming up.....

Specifically the MCP35 PI with the 4" barrel, a clone of the FM Detective:

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-pi/

I've always wanted a Detective version, but they don't come around often and they are spendy when they do. GB prices I've seen range from 1200-1500.

Any ARFCOMMERS have one? Range report?

Are the Girsan models compatible with regular BHP parts?

TIA
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Rumor is they are the OEM for Springfield SA-35s
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a review by a purchaser on the 1911 forum. Look under the Browning Hi-Power thread.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Goddamnit, that's sexy...
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a review by a purchaser on the 1911 forum. Look under the Browning Hi-Power thread.
View Quote

Thanks.

Not much of a review though. Hopefully some members here that have one will chime in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag and a Bump.  

I've been eyeballing these too.  my Local shop has the version with the light rail and the flat trigger.  

I asked to handle it, and while the trigger wasn't BAD,  That flat trigger face looks more awesome than the actual trigger pull is.  

I still keep debating them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

What about optics ready with a rail
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got one. Love it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised.

I want the new fn version
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Looks nice, but I'm looking for the 4 inch barrel version.

Have the slide milled possibly? I have not yet moved to pistol red dots.

ETA: Maybe buy a full size railed version AND the PI, swap out the slide, 4 inch barrel with rail

ETA: Looks like they are coming out with a MCP35PI OPS version. Must not be out yet, can't find any for sale. I may have to delay my B-Day present.....

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Remember the Armalite AR-24?  I believe that was a rebranded Turkish CZ 75 clone…
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tag and a Bump.  

I've been eyeballing these too.  my Local shop has the version with the light rail and the flat trigger.  

I asked to handle it, and while the trigger wasn't BAD,  That flat trigger face looks more awesome than the actual trigger pull is.  

I still keep debating them.
View Quote

My MC P35 OPS came this week, and the trigger is about like you stated.  It looks awesome but the pull is pretty average.  Long reset.  I have an SA-35 and two FN MK3s, and I think they're all better trigger-wise.  The stock grips are pretty tacky (in my opnion anyway) as well but that's a cheap fix.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That said, for the price, it's a spot-on HP clone with a lot of upgrades.  The more basic MC P35 models are cheaper.  For the price, the concerns are non-issues.  (And I just mostly wanted the railed frame.  I'll deal with the trigger later.)  The SA-35 is better overall BUT several hundred dollars more expensive AND still hard to find.  I'd have no concerns buying a Girsan right now and growing an HP collection from that point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My MC P35 OPS came this week, and the trigger is about like you stated.  It looks awesome but the pull is pretty average.  Long reset.  I have an SA-35 and two FN MK3s, and I think they're all better trigger-wise.  The stock grips are pretty tacky (in my opnion anyway) as well but that's a cheap fix.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/MCP35_OPS_ns_JPG-2787204.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/HPFamily_JPG-2787207.JPG

That said, for the price, it's a spot-on HP clone with a lot of upgrades.  The more basic MC P35 models are cheaper.  For the price, the concerns are non-issues.  (And I just mostly wanted the railed frame.  I'll deal with the trigger later.)  The SA-35 is better overall BUT several hundred dollars more expensive AND still hard to find.  I'd have no concerns buying a Girsan right now and growing an HP collection from that point.
View Quote

@Findsman

Is there a benefit to a straight trigger?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Findsman

Is there a benefit to a straight trigger?
View Quote

Supposedly the leverage can be better, larger surface area to pull on, so it can be "faster".  I have a straight trigger in my primary HD AR that I've been trying for a couple years to see if I like it more than a curved one.  So far I feel like its a wash.  

I'm not a competition-grade shooter though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't have that Girsan model, but I do have the MC P35 Match (no rail).  

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-match-ops/

No complaints here other than the trigger reset is pretty long.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Remember the Armalite AR-24?  I believe that was a rebranded Turkish CZ 75 clone…
View Quote

Correct.  That was made By Sarsilmaz in Turkey
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Any word on if HiPower grips fit?  Particularly Hogue wraparounds?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlikely, I'd think SA isn't stupid enough to lie about country of origin, the SA has no provision for a mag safety unlike the Girsans that are factory equipped and the overall fit and finish are different.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unlikely, I'd think SA isn't stupid enough to lie about country of origin, the SA has no provision for a mag safety unlike the Girsans that are factory equipped and the overall fit and finish are different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sight cuts are the same, as are some of the milling details. It's probable they're sourcing unfinished frames/slides from them...like Springfield used to (or still does?) source 1911 frames from Imbel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have heard that too.  Has this been confirmed?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any word on if HiPower grips fit?  Particularly Hogue wraparounds?
View Quote

I put standard HP grips from Lok grips (thin ridgebacks) on mine without any issue.

And I dug out my old Hogue wraparound grip and it looks like it would fit okay too.  You may have a stretch it a tiny bit if you put it on one of the OPS models with the flared front grip.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they are importing unfinished major components, and then finishing them themselves they can consider themselves the manufacturer.   One example i think off the top of my head is the Springfield P9.  Springfield purchased unfinished components from Tanfoglio, then finished them them off and assembled, and you have a handgun marked Springfield Armory Geneseo, IL USA.  no markings for Tanfo or Italy anywhere on the gun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sight cuts are the same, as are some of the milling details. It's probable they're sourcing unfinished frames/slides from them...like Springfield used to (or still does?) source 1911 frames from Imbel.
View Quote

All the Imbel 1911s were marked made in Brazil though. Maybe they are sourcing unfinished frames/slides but historically SA has marked their guns with COO whether the frame was complete or not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've got one. Love it.
View Quote
Me too I waited a long time for the Detective version to come out. First thing I did was remove the mag safety it's horrible. Runs perfectly  and the perfect sidearm for my 12.5" 308 AR.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it hasn't.  It was also speculated that Tisas could be an OEM since the supply of their Regent BR-9 clone has dried up shortly before the SA-35 came out.

Is it possible, given the plethora of HP clones we see come from Turkey?  Sure.  It could also be SA is sourcing the raw frames/slides/barrel forgings and finishing them here in the US like they used to (and still maybe?) do with Imbel 1911 parts.  Or they've got an exclusive US-source for them.  I am somewhat surprised it's remained a mystery for this long which makes me think it's domestic.  Someone from Turkey would have let it slip by now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tisas is the likely unfinished frame source from everything I’ve heard. Similar to their 1911 frames, I assume that final machining, finish and assembly is done here stateside.

Tisas had started bringing in HP clones a couple years ago, then quietly stopped around the time SA announced they would be offering an HP clone. The Tisas HP hasn’t been seen offered new in the US since.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#26]
on the detective short model the magazine disconnect safety sucks ..  like really bad..

plan on removing it the moment you take it out of the box

after that..  it's a fine pistol

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]
double post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top