Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These people need to be fired immediately.
View Quote

Yes, this.  Or at least at the next federal elections.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You sir are responsible for your actions and they are not controlled by anyone else. I saw where you said you never talk down on people in the other thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get personally attacked almost daily on this site just for living in California, for acknowledging that I have taken a COVID-19 vaccine, etc.  I'm pretty damned tired of people jumping to derp, and I'm losing patience with people who don't bother to vet sources, look more deeply into Web sites, etc.
You sir are responsible for your actions and they are not controlled by anyone else. I saw where you said you never talk down on people in the other thread.

I said I never insult Christianity.  I have no tolerance for liars or fools.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
We are circling the drain of a heavily used shitter.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why do you clowns always fall for this crap?  Here's a link to the transcript of the Constitution.  No warning included.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

Here's a link to the main page for the founding documents.  No warning included.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs
View Quote
I believe you would find it at the actual location rather than just online archives.

Several Republican Congesscritters have already tweeted about it.

Who you callin' clown?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like that warning is a banner on every page of the archives website.

Fyi
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy hating on the other guy, the headline is sensational BS.

The harmful content warning is a generic statement on the searchable database that some documents may contain offensive things.   It's a "you can search, but your feelings might get hurt" statement.

The statement literally appears on anything you search for,  Constitution, MLK, Malcom X, Pope John Paul, The name Missouri, everything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
As much as I enjoy hating on the other guy, the headline is sensational BS.

The harmful content warning is a generic statement on the searchable database that some documents may contain offensive things.   It's a "you can search, but your feelings might get hurt" statement.

The statement literally appears on anything you search for,  Constitution, MLK, Malcom X, Pope John Paul, The name Missouri, everything.

When the National Archives uses the words "outdated", "violent", "offensive", and "terrorist acts"  I can assure you they are talking about the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the founders.  They already said the Rotunda of the documents were racist.  On face value when not looking at the whole it might seem like your point has merit.  But not when you look at the big picture.  What is in store for tomorrow?

This was also posted on the first page of the thread:

From NARA's Statement on "Potentially Harmful Content":
- In the past, the National Archives  has not had standards or policies to help archivists avoid harmful language.

How are archivists working to address this problem and help users better understand such content?
Examples include:
- informing users about the presence and origin of harmful content;
- revising descriptions and standardized sets of descriptive terms, supplementing description with more respectful terms, or creating new standardized terms to describe materials;
- researching the problem, listening to users, experimenting with solutions, and sharing our findings with each other;
- evaluating existing processes for exclusionary practices or institutional bias that prioritize one culture and/or group over another;
- making an institutional commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
This is not our government.  It is an assemblage of lunatics who dwell in a fantasy world distinct from reality.   The solution, the only remedy is that which is proscribed in our founding documents.  Once again it is our duty to replace a government that has become unaccountable to the governed.  We no longer consent.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that's disgusting.  And yet these pro-commies will rail on about how Trump was supposedly a threat to "our democracy", while they're literally excoriating the founding documents, and attacking (or trying to attack) monuments of founding fathers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get personally attacked almost daily on this site just for living in California, for acknowledging that I have taken a COVID-19 vaccine, etc.  I'm pretty damned tired of people jumping to derp, and I'm losing patience with people who don't bother to vet sources, look more deeply into Web sites, etc.

Yep.  I saw that too.  Yet here we are, insulting members again and justifying it.  

Classic narcissistic behavior.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Diversity and multiculturalism are cancer. You never heard about shit like this in the 50's.

(Were there groups in the 50's that were mistreated? Sure.
Doesn't mean that America was a bad place.
Never let perfect be the enemy of good.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You called everyone a "clown for falling for this crap."

Then you acknowledged that it exists.

When confronted with your unprovoked attack, you tried to justify it by saying other people in other threads made fun of you for being a Californian.

And now you're doubling down on justifying your initial insults with more smug superiority via your "lack of tolerance" for liars or fools.

I'm summarizing this for you to give you some perspective on how your statements look to everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#12]
So the government is saying don’t trust the government?  Noice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why do you clowns always fall for this crap?  Here's a link to the transcript of the Constitution.  No warning included.

Here's a link to the main page for the founding documents.  No warning included.

View Quote

Bro, stop acting like a vaccinated Californian.
It’s gross
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you tolerate yourself then?

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep.  I saw that too.  Yet here we are, insulting members again and justifying it.  

View Quote

My sister was that way bigtime, growing up.  Slightly less so as an adult.

She could do something really messed up, totally her fault, and wrong me or one of our siblings... and when forced to apologize she would always try to give some kind of excuse or shift blame onto the person she wronged.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why immediately to the personal insults every single time ? How about 'hey guys this is the right place to look ? I'm not seeing it' rather than straight in with the you're all fucking retards derp ?

You mean on the thread when you charged in on an otherwise useful discussion, posted some guy was a low post-count n00bz because he had an opinion different from yours, then collectively called folks 'Horse Paste Heroes' ?

Yeah real strong contributor there mate, I can see why you get dogpiled on. Same as this thread in fact.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She could do something really messed up, totally her fault, and wrong me or one of our siblings... and when forced to apologize she would always try to give some kind of excuse or shift blame onto the person she wronged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's not fun to deal with.  There's no good way to deal with it from what I can tell.  Call them out on it, isolate yourself from it, and move on.  They end up lonely.

Both of my parents did it.  I can see it a mile away.

Took me a while to break myself of it when I did it at times, but being brought up in that kind of environment probably helped keep me from acting that way very much.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#20]
It's only a matter of time before these nazi fucks decide to get rid of the documents they deem as harmful.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You mean on the thread when you charged in on an otherwise useful discussion, posted some guy was a low post-count n00bz because he had an opinion different from yours, then collectively called folks 'Horse Paste Heroes' ?

Yeah real strong contributor there mate, I can see why you get dogpiled on. Same as this thread in fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why immediately to the personal insults every single time ? How about 'hey guys this is the right place to look ? I'm not seeing it' rather than straight in with the you're all fucking retards derp ?

You aren't the only one that noticed, seems a lot of us have.

You beat me to those quotes.  He came in insults blaring, just like this thread.  Appears there might be another one about Christians too based on his response.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But thats ok.. i mean i get that hate  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

dont you have a vaccine thread to go jerk off in somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is the Bible next?

I want off this ride...
View Quote

Likely. Lots of triggered pussy snowflakes out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is the Bible next?

I want off this ride...
View Quote

Oh yes, definitely. End times are nigh
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
dammit
View Quote

Read farther Master Penguin.  It was verified and even admitted by california underscore.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I am 87.8787% sure that their panties are bunched over one particular phrase:

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My apologies. I did not remember it being about Christianity so I looked back. It was not general, just over vaccines.

Quoted:

It seems that there are several people trying to tell me that I made a bad decision by getting vaccinated.  They don't know very much about me or my personal circumstances, so they have no real business judging my personal decision.

See how that works?

BTW I have NEVER talked down to anyone who has decided not to take a vaccine, ever.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I sent a link for "The Federalist" article to my Congressman. DO IT!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

Damn commies are infesting this nation
View Quote

Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin laugh at us over this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Once again, Arfcommers fall for fake news. The “alert” is posted on all pages and is not specific to any particular document(s).

Sure, it’s a dumb thing to “warn” about. But again many of you show how gullible you are to misinformation and the failure to research things on your own.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

It's true... Damn.  Kinda telling when the government is saying the documents that enshrine your own personal liberty is now "harmful" for you to view
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Once again, Arfcommers fall for fake news. The “alert” is posted on all pages and is not specific to any particular document(s).

Sure, it’s a dumb thing to “warn” about. But again many of you show how gullible you are to misinformation and the failure to research things on your own.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are ALWAYS condescending and full of shit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/08/national-archives-issues-harmful-content-warning-on-constitution-all-other-founding-documents/

The National Archives Records Administration placed a “harmful content” warning on the Constitution, labeling the governing document of the United States as “harmful or difficult to view.” The warning applies to all documents across the Archives’ cataloged website, including the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
View Quote

“NARA’s records span the history of the United States, and it is our charge to preserve and make available these historical records,” the administration said in a statement. “As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions. In addition, some of the materials may relate to violent or graphic events and are preserved for their historical significance.”
View Quote

Along with committing to diversity and equity, the NARA said it would “[work] in conjunction with diverse communities, [and] seek to balance the preservation of this history with sensitivity to how these materials are presented to and perceived by users.”
View Quote
View Quote

But they're just Confederate statues, who cares they lost fuck them.

Uh huh.

Here's your result.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

spoken like a true vaccinated californian.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]
So....

The Government views the limits placed on it by the Founding Fathers is "harmful"?

That is very telling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"This alert is not connected to any specific records, but appears at the top of the page while you are using the online Catalog. To learn more about why the alert about harmful language appears in our Catalog, please go to 'NARA's Statement on Potentially Harmful Content,'" the tweet said.

Fake news
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Lets look at a quote from National Archives on the subject:

“As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions."
View Quote

Hmmm what could they possibly be talking about?  What document do they talk about all the time as being as "outdated" and needing changing because it should be "fluid"?  "Violent views and Opinions" sounds like the Declaration of Independence and all the speeches of the Revolutionary time period found in these very archives.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

*************************************************************************************

What California_Kid said.

Ya'll fell for it. Again.

The warning banner states, in its relevant part:

The Catalog and web pages contain some content that may be harmful or difficult to view.
View Quote

Some content.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But they're just Confederate statues, who cares they lost fuck them.

Uh huh.

Here's your result.
View Quote

Yep. If anyone really thought it would stop there, they are weapons grade idiots.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Thats it, I quit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm actually somewhat inclined to agree with the warning.  (Just not in the way they intended it.)

There certainly is harmful language in the US Constitution.  
Specifically:
- Article 1, section 8, paragraphs 1 - 3 (might as well tack on the commerce clause while were at it)
and
- Amendment 16 in its entirety

This language encourages brazen theft under threat of violence and should be abolished.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hmmm what could they possibly be talking about?  What document do they talk about all the time as being as "outdated" and needing changing because it should be "fluid"?  "Violent views and Opinions" sounds like the Declaration of Independence and all the speeches of the Revolutionary time period found in these very archives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"This alert is not connected to any specific records, but appears at the top of the page while you are using the online Catalog. To learn more about why the alert about harmful language appears in our Catalog, please go to 'NARA's Statement on Potentially Harmful Content,'" the tweet said.

Fake news

Quoted:

“As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions."

Reading comprehension isn’t your thing today, is it? Yeah…. They must be referring to the one or two documents you think they are, out of the entire archive.

But you can continue to spread a “news” article that is blatantly false at their assertion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top