Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting..  thanks for locating that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy smoly this thing works.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
OST
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

You will need a sliptrip and a spacer as well as the Lee Sportinggoods lower. But other than that its a hoot in a MP5k. More fun then the binary that was in there.

View Quote

Incorrect, the spacer is for the full size not the K.  I’m not sure why you are trying to tell me how to make something that I have had running for about 6 months now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Holy smoly this thing works.

View Quote

I probably wouldn’t use this thing in an expensive lower. I suspect the rotating cam will eventually wear out the selector hole anodizing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: withoutremorse42] [#6]
Yes, gmr is excellent
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:
did you get visits from anybody else?

https://greymarketresearch.net/
View Quote

Don’t the visits come much later by pulling customer records and shipping records? Curious why so many folks seem comfortable with that after the RBT experience yielded letters and visits… what am I missing?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexustech48] [#8]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

Don’t the visits come much later by pulling customer records and shipping records? Curious why so many folks seem comfortable with that after the RBT experience yielded letters and visits… what am I missing?
View Quote

Chevron deference being struck down, recent federal court ruling explicitly regarding FRTs, Bruen, Bumpstock ban overturn in Scotus etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:

Chevron deference being struck down, recent federal court ruling explicitly regarding FRTs, Bruen, Bumpstock ban overturn in Scotus etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, the ATF has taken a beating lately. I'd say until something is officially passed by Congress they'd be smart to not bring another case before a judge. They were told to return all RBTs that were confiscated (and ATF gave some BS about it being too hard). I think they'd be stupid to confiscate anything similar without a firm law to back the case.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:

I probably wouldn't use this thing in an expensive lower. I suspect the rotating cam will eventually wear out the selector hole anodizing.
View Quote

I contacted GMR about this exact thing, inquiring about a replaceable bushing or insert.  He stated they have units with 16k+ rounds through them and no appreciable wear to the lower.  Not as big a deal in my $50 Anderson lowers, but a bigger deal in my $300 Lee's Sporting lower for the MP4.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By motoguy:

I contacted GMR about this exact thing, inquiring about a replaceable bushing or insert.  He stated they have units with 16k+ rounds through them and no appreciable wear to the lower.  Not as big a deal in my $50 Anderson lowers, but a bigger deal in my $300 Lee's Sporting lower for the MP4.
View Quote

I'd imagine that a range day should include a drop of SLIP2000 EWL on each side before firing.

Though, this IS something to consider for guys in the SBR NFA game. I wonder if a Teflon coating can be applied to a stripped lower after engraving to prevent wear in that area. Or if solid lubing would eliminate any appreciable wear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]

I'd imagine that a range day should include a drop of SLIP2000 EWL on each side before firing.

Though, this IS something to consider for guys in the SBR NFA game. I wonder if a Teflon coating can be applied to a stripped lower after engraving to prevent wear in that area. Or if solid lubing would eliminate any appreciable wear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By motoguy:

I gave mine a really light oiling of Mobil 1 before assembly.
The edges of the groove don't appear to be sharp, and the imparted force is low.
Not worried about it on my SBR lower.
Biggest problems are cost of ammo and suppressor cool down time.
Now, I want an IAR that I can't afford to build or feed...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

Yeah, the ATF has taken a beating lately. I'd say until something is officially passed by Congress they'd be smart to not bring another case before a judge. They were told to return all RBTs that were confiscated (and ATF gave some BS about it being too hard). I think they'd be stupid to confiscate anything similar without a firm law to back the case.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435954/338205-IMG-9632-2904307_jpg-3305558.JPG

View Quote

I'd add to that idea that even if Congress DID change the language of the definition of "machine gun" to include FRT style triggers, they would have to open up the MG registry for all units made prior to their reclassification. Ex Post Facto would absolutely apply here.

I could also see the expanded legal definition of machine gun as a possible way to strike down the NFA altogether.

The industry needs to pump out hundreds of millions of these things, drop in FRTs and Bump stocks to meet the classification of "common use" to have a chance I think.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lexustech48] [#14]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:

The edges of the groove don't appear to be sharp, and the imparted force is low.
View All Quotes

Great info, thanks

Now, I want an IAR that I can't afford to build or feed...

Haha, not a bad problem to have man. Especially with how our current government is behaving. Though, SCOTUS gave the Constitution a big boost IMO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#15]

I'd add to that idea that even if Congress DID change the language of the definition of "machine gun" to include FRT style triggers, they would have to open up the MG registry for all units made prior to their reclassification. Ex Post Facto would absolutely apply here.

I could also see the expanded legal definition of machine gun as a possible way to strike down the NFA altogether.

The industry needs to pump out hundreds of millions of these things, drop in FRTs and Bump stocks to meet the classification of "common use" to have a chance I think.
View Quote

The best thing Hoffman Tactical did with the SS was to release it to the masses.   I know of 3 outfits already that are selling metal SS's and at a price the typical recreational shooter can afford...well the safety anyway.  Not everyone wants to drop $350 on a patented RBT trigger pack just to dump a mag occasionally in a "full auto" type cyclic rate.  Then there are people just 3d printing em....  The genie is definitely out of the bottle on this one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ARguy:

The best thing Hoffman Tactical did with the SS was to release it to the masses.   I know of 3 outfits already that are selling metal SS's and at a price the typical recreational shooter can afford...well the safety anyway.  Not everyone wants to drop $350 on a patented RBT trigger pack just to dump a mag occasionally in a "full auto" type cyclic rate.  Then there are people just 3d printing em....  The genie is definitely out of the bottle on this one.
View Quote

The SS spawned a 2-pack AP5 purchase and my first suppressor purchase.  I've ordered from 2 outfits that are making metal SS and now metal MP5 safety trips.  I don't like the push button aspect of the SS, but other than that...man...it appears to be a deal changer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:16:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Austin4130] [#17]
2024 username, kinda glows...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I had 2 RBT’s bought direct, never heard a peep about it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve got a SS and Lee lower on the way…what do I need to get for it to run in a full size AP5?
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#20]
You also need a "safety trip" - you can 3d print one or GMR sells a metal one for $90. This resets the trigger in the AP5 since the bolt mechanism/geometry is different than the carrier in a regular AR-15.

Do you have the SS and a trimmed trigger or just the SS?
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BlackTuono:
You also need a "safety trip" - you can 3d print one or GMR sells a metal one for $90. This resets the trigger in the AP5 since the bolt mechanism/geometry is different than the carrier in a regular AR-15.

Do you have the SS and a trimmed trigger or just the SS?
View Quote

GMR is sending out the full trimmed trigger.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#22]
The 308 kits were in stock yesterday.  Got one hoping I could put it in the Armalite.  The receiver isn’t compatible with the SS.  Ended up buying a PSA 18” PA10 today to be the host.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
The 308 kits were in stock yesterday.  Got one hoping I could put it in the Armalite.  The receiver isn’t compatible with the SS.  Ended up buying a PSA 18” PA10 today to be the host.
View Quote

I would be curious to see how that works out if you dont mind sharing your results.  I think that interests me the most...a SS set up in a 308 with some Magpul D50s.   I started a thread in the AR Variants section to see if anyone had seen much success with the various 308 platforms but the thread didnt really go far.

SS in 308 AR Thread in Variants Section
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]

I would be curious to see how that works out if you dont mind sharing your results.  I think that interests me the most...a SS set up in a 308 with some Magpul D50s.   I started a thread in the AR Variants section to see if anyone had seen much success with the various 308 platforms but the thread didnt really go far.

View Quote

I will probably drop mine in my BCA-10 for a minute for the lulz.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:

I will probably drop mine in my BCA-10 for a minute for the lulz.
View Quote

I chatted with GMR by email some and they alluded to updating the 308 section at some point with some more information as to what 308 uppers/lower play nice with the SS's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Wasn't that Walter White's company?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to try this with my 9mm upper and get the stuff to make it work with my 22 uppers...
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:

The GMR site has some info on what specific measurements the lower and BCG need to be.  Hopefully the PSA rifle I have coming in meets the parameters needed.  I’ll post some updates here next week.

I need to try this with my 9mm upper

The 9mm BCG needs a lot of machining work.  Info also available at the GMR site.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
and get the stuff to make it work with my 22 uppers...
View Quote

The .22 kit sear trip bar will not work with the super safety.  You’ll need a dedicated sear trip bar (like the Bore Buddy version) to properly activate the cam lever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#30]

The .22 kit sear trip bar will not work with the super safety.  You’ll need a dedicated sear trip bar (like the Bore Buddy version) to properly activate the cam lever.
View Quote

are you saying gmr`s own sear trip wont work? if so, you would think gmr would make it work with their own .22 kit.
and why does it not work?
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#31]
They have units in stock for those waiting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 8:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NWRed] [#32]

View Quote

Originally Posted By lx2008:

are you saying gmr`s own sear trip wont work? if so, you would think gmr would make it work with their own .22 kit.
and why does it not work?
View Quote

The kits the GMR is selling work well with the SS's, well worth the money you'd hypothetically spend in Minecraft. I didn't see the original quote, so I can only assume someone was asking about the m16 trip bar or something and not the kit that GMR is selling?
Bore Buddy makes an SS specific trip, it's machined and a lot more money than the GMR version. And then you need the anti bounce weight also. It all adds up, but if you can get it run it's well worth it I'm sure.

ETA: If you watch GMR's youtube channel , they have a video on how their 22 kit installs on the CMMG bolt and a couple others dumping mags
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

The kits the GMR is selling work well with the SS's, well worth the money you'd hypothetically spend in Minecraft. I didn't see the original quote, so I can only assume someone was asking about the m16 trip bar or something and not the kit that GMR is selling?
Bore Buddy makes an SS specific trip, it's machined and a lot more money than the GMR version. And then you need the anti bounce weight also. It all adds up, but if you can get it run it's well worth it I'm sure.

ETA: If you watch GMR's youtube channel , they have a video on how their 22 kit installs on the CMMG bolt and a couple others dumping mags
View Quote

The standard CMMG sear trip does not work. The SS will not reset the trigger.

However, it appears GMR has just released a “GMR sear trip” to work with the SS.  I believe this is a new addition to their website:

https://greymarketresearch.net/ar22lr-trip/

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#34]

The standard CMMG sear trip does not work. The SS will not reset the trigger.

However, it appears GMR has just released a “GMR sear trip” to work with the SS.  I believe this is a new addition to their website:

https://greymarketresearch.net/ar22lr-trip/

View Quote

i understand now. the trip with the conv. kit...not the trip w/ gmr`s kit. thats what i thought.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#35]
It's so easy to get people to tell on themselves these days.

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#36]

This is all in Minecraft bro…
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#37]

What’s to tell?  It’s a legal product.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#38]

The .22 kit sear trip bar will not work with the super safety.  You'll need a dedicated sear trip bar (like the Bore Buddy version) to properly activate the cam lever.
View Quote
My CMMG dedicated 22 upper w/ CMMG auto sear trip kit (https://cmmg.com/auto-sear-trip-kit-22lr-ar-conversion ) does not work with my SS.  The printed .22 kit stuff from GMR works just fine though.  I'm used the printed bolt components, but using the metal lever from a "regular" SS kit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lx2008:

i understand now. the trip with the conv. kit...not the trip w/ gmr`s kit. thats what i thought.
View Quote

Yes, all the GMR .22 parts play well together.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#40]
The Tool Steel Version is interesting. I have a AR22 with a version from that vendor that was selling actual open bolt fun parts but haven't tested it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I didn’t get a letter or visit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You guys are wayy overthinking this. IF they have 16,000 rounds thru a test gun with no appreciable wear, you’re worrying about a few thousandths of an inch of wear on a “valuable” lower that you just burned $8,000 worth of 5.56 ammo thru….

If you’re going to lose sleep over it, send the selector and arm off for Nickle boron coating. That might even be a functional improvement.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

There are three reasons to still buy the RBT….

1) the same manual of arms as with a standard AR15/M16
2) you’re a lefty and the semi position isn’t ideal for you

3) you want to reward reward Lawrence Delmonico for putting his freedom and fortune on the line so that you can play with forced reset triggers. As time goes on, we’ll see improved versions of these with match triggers and the like and there will be every reason in the world to buy those.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#44]
Looks neat.  Im in Floriduh so I cant be super safe.
If I can gtfo of here and move to SC I'll hop on the safe train.

I may buy the Lee LS5 for my AP5.  
If I am understanding it correctly, it lets me change the shitty AP5 trigger to use a AR15 compatible trigger?

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Thread full of feebs?
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Need to reach out to see if it works on a factory Colt 9mm. Their website shows a cast hammer with Colt mags - possibly Schmid with the square S. Mine is a Schmid forged M16 style - as Colt designed and built it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By networkguru:

If I am understanding it correctly, it lets me change the shitty AP5 trigger to use a AR15 compatible trigger?
View Quote
Correct.  You'll use the AR trigger parts in the Lee lower.  I bought 2 of them to go with my AP-5s, but I haven't installed them yet.  As soon as I finish my current motorcycle project I plan on having some "gun time".
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:49:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKPDW] [#48]
Originally Posted By networkguru:

View Quote

Yes. If you plan to use a super safety in it, the mp5 style guns require a dedicated trip (slip trip?) that allows the carrier to activate the SS cam lever (as seen here): https://greymarketresearch.net/safety-products/hk-mp5-hk94-clones/

I believe the full size mp5 guns  might require a  buffer / spacer for the slip trip to work (as seen here):  https://skoprints.com/product/buffer-for-mp5/

It appears K models do not require this additional buffer / spacer…
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:53:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: motoguy] [#49]
I know this thread is about GMR and I've had great results with them over a couple of orders.

I've also had good results with Steven from https://skoprints.com   He has an active Telegram channel as well where he assists with questions, requests, installs, etc.  Just FYI.  I also like his little spacers things that serve to keep the trip lever centered in the AR style receiver.  I was concerned about that "wobble" when I played with a SS at first.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 5:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKPDW] [#50]
Just watched an acquaintance use the super safety in a suppressed AR pistol.

It worked really good (almost too good). He was burning through ammo at a furious rate.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top