Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Pump trillions of new cash into the economy and you'll understand.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It might be tarriffs, it might be corona, it could be steel prices.
Does anyone know if we are sending less scrape over there to be turned in to tools?

Edit just looked the 2k inverter generator is now 699, last week it was 550. I am thinking about getting one, or was.https://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/1775_ITEM_2000_PEAK___1600_RUNNING_WATTS_2.8_HP__79.7_CC__PORTABLE_INVERTER_GENERATOR_1586877583.4782.png1600_RUNNING_WATTS_2.8_HP__79.7_CC__PORTABLE_INVERTER_GENERATOR_1586877583.4782.png
View Quote

Good till Dec 31 https://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/1775_ITEM_2000_PEAK___1600_RUNNING_WATTS_2.8_HP__79.7_CC__PORTABLE_INVERTER_GENERATOR_1586877583.4782.png
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Such BS.

Back in my day, any Harbor Freight thread would have the hilarious parody ad within the first twenty posts, at least.

Nowadays it's like you lazy SOBs can hardly be bothered.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Edit just looked the 2k inverter generator is now 699, last week it was 550. I am thinking about getting one, or was.
View Quote
In the $500ish range, I'd consider a 2k chinese inverter but not in the 70% range of a Honda.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its what compressors crave.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
??   Do air compressors normally contain some amount of hot dog oil?
Its what compressors crave.

Works better than pancake syrup, even in pancake style air compressors, ironically ….
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They have a sale every other day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably just a pre-holiday price hike so they can all go on sale
View Quote

Likely part of it, but shutting down supply chains for months is also part.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
LMAO. People watching the consequences of hardline economic policies of the Left and Right in a market which is free only insofar as it is allowed to pretend to be. It's a fucking shell game that the elites pay and now we're all having to pay for their fun and games, much like in generations past. There is no capitalism in this country, only the illusion of it. People don't think economics be like it do, but it really do be like that sometimes.

I say we tar, feather, hang, berate, and hang them all again until they get the message.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ones from China are used to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones from China are used to it.

Just remember, it isn't "hot dog" oil ….

… rather, hot DOG oil - kinda their version of "bacon grease" ….

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Similar stuff is on eBay if you need your cheap China fix.

I laugh at HF’s attempts to create “brands”.   They can’t just stick with a few house brands like everyone else because a lot of it is crap.  So they have a brand or two to three for each product category!   It’s not a company you can trust to back a brand.

If You’re paying close to brand name prices, why not go with a brand with some value?

View Quote

And all of their chinese crap has USA names.  Chicago, Pittsburgh......Yeah right.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It might be tarriffs, it might be corona, it could be steel prices.
Does anyone know if we are sending less scrape over there to be turned in to tools?

Edit just looked the 2k inverter generator is now 699, last week it was 550. I am thinking about getting one, or was.
View Quote

The champion one was already $450 most places. $699 is getting close enough to Honda pricing to just pay the extra $300.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most of the stuff I see says Made in the USA made with GLOBAL MATERIALS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird, my tools are stamped “U.S.A.”

Most of the stuff I see says Made in the USA made with GLOBAL MATERIALS.

First of all, do you really trust lowest-bidder union chimp intelligence to produce consistently quality tools anymore?

Do you really trust that the stamp means anything of significance?

Hell, I know two VERY well known gym gear manufacturers who utilize the same Pakistani guy with a factory most likely full of enslaved old middle eastern women that we do to make their "USA" sleeves and wraps, and he offers to sew the same "Made in USA" tags on our shit that he does on theirs. Difference is, we aren't selling our shit to anyone, and certainly not labeled "Made in USA." Of course, they would be, but two of the three companies in the US that would take small custom orders and provide the quality we were looking for couldn't get it right or consistent, and one essentially wanted me to bend over and let his grandpa sloppy-noodle bang me and thank him for the favor. Pakistani dude is shady as shit and will occasionally try to sneak something through but always laughs and makes up with it when caught, and it's kind of like a funny game except I want to choke him to death through the phone.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, you're the guy saying the woman who got 3rd degree burns from McDonalds coffee should have shut the fuck up and McDonalds was not responsible one iota and should not have paid a cent. Their business their rules, if they want to keep their coffee at 200-205 degrees Fahrenheit they should be able to with no repercussions.

So, Harbor Freight, their business their rules why shouldn't they increase prices and say fuck you for demanding they put out 45% coupons?

Since you're you, and sometimes need things drawn out with crayons and explained to you let me help. Businesses do this all the time. Amazon did similar. Operate at a loss or barely at enough profit to gain market share. Once you're in a position to dominate the industry or have significant leverage to set practices/prices then you fuck consumers and laugh all the way to the bank.

It's Eric Smidt's business and his rules, if you don't like it start your own cheap Chinese tool and product store and become a billionaire like him so you can be a big democrat donor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey, you're the guy saying the woman who got 3rd degree burns from McDonalds coffee should have shut the fuck up and McDonalds was not responsible one iota and should not have paid a cent. Their business their rules, if they want to keep their coffee at 200-205 degrees Fahrenheit they should be able to with no repercussions.

So, Harbor Freight, their business their rules why shouldn't they increase prices and say fuck you for demanding they put out 45% coupons?

Since you're you, and sometimes need things drawn out with crayons and explained to you let me help. Businesses do this all the time. Amazon did similar. Operate at a loss or barely at enough profit to gain market share. Once you're in a position to dominate the industry or have significant leverage to set practices/prices then you fuck consumers and laugh all the way to the bank.

It's Eric Smidt's business and his rules, if you don't like it start your own cheap Chinese tool and product store and become a billionaire like him so you can be a big democrat donor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Prices are going to go up. Wait until the appliance and riding mower price hikes hit, your mind is going to be blown.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It was a computer error. They're trying to get it fixed. The prices in the stores never changed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Sleep well at night knowing your "cheap" tool purchases have some percentage going toward funding missiles intended to destroy American aircraft carriers and the young men working on board.

Those who say "you can't buy American" that's BS, I've owned a business coming up on 30 years and "yes you can" with 95% of what we buy. We were on the no china band wagon from the beginning. It takes a few minutes of internet work to find products made in the U.S.A. It's not the impossible chore that people who just want the cheapest price lead you to believe.

There are a very small percentage of things we buy that can't be found American made, that shame falls on the manufacturers.
ETA: And in that case, we search for older tools before a Co. went full tilt offshore. It's worth every minute and dollar we spend (vintage high quality American made tools will cost us more and be worth more) to have a sound, solid, reliable, rebuildable (that's a big one) tool as opposed to throw away items.
Lacking a U.S. source, there is almost always a pro American/American ally option available. A dollar spent on a Taiwan/Korean/Jap product is a dollar spent toward an anti china communist party country.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#18]
What is Going On with Harbor Freight Pricing?!?!?

What is Going On with Harbor Freight Pricing?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
China tariffs? Interesting to see the markets in the coming years
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I choose to still do business with McDonald’s because they weren’t at fault in that case

Harbor freight is at fault for jacking prices, so I’ll schoose to not do business with them
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Does it still work?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I picked up that winch 6 weeks ago.

Does it still work?!

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Now, let's see how long before anyone reads anything but the OP.............
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Are they giving away free flashlights ?

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Except for the cheap Rambo knife I only get cheap stuff like tarps or zip ties
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Except it almost all comes from china wether you get it at harbor freight or pay 4 times as much elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.   If you continue to buy Chinese crap they still have a hold on us.

Except it almost all comes from china wether you get it at harbor freight or pay 4 times as much elsewhere.

That's the spirit. There's nothing we can do! China is best. China wins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like a glitch in the system.

Apparently Eric didn’t sell to cheaper than dirt like originally reported.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I never see the 20% off "everything" coupons anymore, either.
View Quote

I used one yesterday.

New 20% off coupon for October.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Probably just a pre-holiday price hike so they can all go on sale
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I find pancake oil is better! ????
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Should really get off my ass and get the Daytona yellow jack thing looks quite good.
View Quote

Picked up the green long reach 3 ton a couple months back to accompany my Northern Tool/Costco XL35 jack in my garage.  Reviews were favorable, so decided to go that way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The champion one was already $450 most places. $699 is getting close enough to Honda pricing to just pay the extra $300.
View Quote

Pepperidge Farm remembers the $300 Champion deal day(s).. Mine is just waiting patiently.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now, let's see how long before anyone reads anything but the OP.............
View Quote

3 more pages of "OMG, Fuck Harbor Freight....the economy is crashing....supplies are drying up...Trump tariffs....etc..."
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I tried to use their 20% coupon for something the other day and was told that Central Machinery branded items are ineligible. When combined with their price increases it makes more sense to get the name brand.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Badland zxr 12,000 pound winch 299$ super coupon. Expires 10-30
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I haven't been in our store since they mandated mask wearing
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I never see the 20% off "everything" coupons anymore, either.
View Quote

Yeah and in the fine print the coupons don't even apply to most of the things you'd want to use them on anyway. It's becoming less and less of a "deal" all the time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its MSG dude
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Everything is higher than Giraffe Pussy. Wu Flu is getting the blame. Gotta make up for lost revenue.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The prices of their chinese tools is pretty much on par with the Chinese/USA assembled stuff at Homedepot and Lowes. I see no point in giving HF any more money.
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Badland zxr 12,000 pound winch 299$ super coupon. Expires 10-30
View Quote

It stacks with the 20% off coupon too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
they've lost their mind, trying to push their "better quality" tools with higher prices and now October 1 they had a MASSIVE price increase across their whole products line

some good ones:

BADLAND APEX 12,000 LB. TRUCK/SUV WINCH Item Lot No. 56385 - $999.99 UP from $599.99

1160 LUMENS SOLAR LED SECURITY LIGHT Item Lot No. 64734 - $69.99 UP from $42.99

3 GALLON, 100 PSI HOT DOG OIL-FREE AIR COMPRESSOR Item Lot No. 69269/97080 - $79.99 UP from $54.99

1.51 CUBIC FT. LOCK GUN FLOOR SAFE Item Lot No. 64010 - $181.99 UP from $119.99

AMES 2.4" LCD DIGITAL INSPECTION CAMERA WITH RECORDER Item Lot No. 64623 - $149.99 UP from $84.99

6 FT. TYPE II FIBERGLASS STEP LADDER Item Lot No. 64594 - $99.99 UP from $59.99

1.5 HP, 7" TILE SAW WITH SLIDING TABLE Item Lot No. 64683 - $399.99 UP from $279.99

50 FT. ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER Item Lot No. 68285/61856 - $399.99 UP from $249.99

theres literally hundreds of items with huge jumps like that.  and most everything else, including ratchets, is up at least $5-$10

they better be putting out some 45% off coupons soon

Here’s some more

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/AE867B80-D62F-4D8C-9A24-17793C46C58F_jpe-1615208.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/45644F91-5C65-4E50-A355-0FA430FEF904_jpe-1615209.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/C26C7BE9-92B0-4E6E-9C81-845493BAC566_jpe-1615210.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/32E76ACA-3635-43F2-8795-302EB25CE636_jpe-1615211.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/4A6586D0-2B39-4125-A43A-0A7654A5B45E_jpe-1615213.JPG

View Quote

Huh?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.   If you continue to buy Chinese crap they still have a hold on us.

Not at all. There are some handtools made in the US.

I am unaware of any cordless tools with domestic manufacture. A few brands are european, but I dunno where they are actually made now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#44]
How can we have a harbor freight thread without these being posted?
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Lol that’s not even the same winch dude. The one in my OP is their apex winch
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
they've lost their mind, trying to push their "better quality" tools with higher prices and now October 1 they had a MASSIVE price increase across their whole products line

some good ones:

BADLAND APEX 12,000 LB. TRUCK/SUV WINCH Item Lot No. 56385 - $999.99 UP from $599.99

1160 LUMENS SOLAR LED SECURITY LIGHT Item Lot No. 64734 - $69.99 UP from $42.99

3 GALLON, 100 PSI HOT DOG OIL-FREE AIR COMPRESSOR Item Lot No. 69269/97080 - $79.99 UP from $54.99

1.51 CUBIC FT. LOCK GUN FLOOR SAFE Item Lot No. 64010 - $181.99 UP from $119.99

AMES 2.4" LCD DIGITAL INSPECTION CAMERA WITH RECORDER Item Lot No. 64623 - $149.99 UP from $84.99

6 FT. TYPE II FIBERGLASS STEP LADDER Item Lot No. 64594 - $99.99 UP from $59.99

1.5 HP, 7" TILE SAW WITH SLIDING TABLE Item Lot No. 64683 - $399.99 UP from $279.99

50 FT. ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER Item Lot No. 68285/61856 - $399.99 UP from $249.99

theres literally hundreds of items with huge jumps like that.  and most everything else, including ratchets, is up at least $5-$10

they better be putting out some 45% off coupons soon

Here's some more

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/AE867B80-D62F-4D8C-9A24-17793C46C58F_jpe-1615208.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/45644F91-5C65-4E50-A355-0FA430FEF904_jpe-1615209.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/C26C7BE9-92B0-4E6E-9C81-845493BAC566_jpe-1615210.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/32E76ACA-3635-43F2-8795-302EB25CE636_jpe-1615211.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349123/4A6586D0-2B39-4125-A43A-0A7654A5B45E_jpe-1615213.JPG

View Quote
Can you sat, "tariffs"?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#47]
That's strange.  They just sent me an add with price drops on all those things you listed.  They probably just hate you and want you to stop shopping at their stores?

I bet they figure one last thread with you bitching about them is better than a new thread of your endless complaining every single time you buy something from them?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Does it still work?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I picked up that winch 6 weeks ago.

Does it still work?!

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Somehow, this is the first time I have seen these. I rost hard
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Somehow, this is the first time I have seen these. I rost hard
View Quote

I can’t explain it but the noise & fume generator and some kind of gauge always make me laugh like an idiot.

Then when my wife says ‘I don’t get it’, I laugh even harder.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top