Posted: 2/18/2021 10:04:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
What can we boycott over this?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
So social media found another outrage today?

Whatev...

I got stuff to do.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Cancel the South... all of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I thought the blackface in that picture  would be worse but I guess that dress must REALLY be oppressive
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought the blackface in that picture  would be worse but I guess that dress must REALLY be oppressive
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The only thing I find offensive is her grammar.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Alabama native Hannah Brown is in hot water again for showing racial insensitivity on social media.

The former “Bachelorette” star -- who faced a backlash in May 2020 for saying the N-word in an Instagram Live video -- recently deleted an Instagram photo that showed her wearing a Southern belle outfit.

The photo, taken in May 2013, showed Brown posing at a presentation ceremony for the Tuscaloosa Belles, a service organization for high school girls that’s linked to the Tuscaloosa County Preservation Society.

Dresses that evoke the Old South -- with hoop skirts, pantalettes and petticoats --

Folks who support such costumes say they’re a nod to Southern traditions and heritage, and a way to preserve history. But critics say the outfits glorify the antebellum south and celebrate plantation culture while ignoring the horrors of slavery.

The photo of Brown as a Southern belle -- and her deletion of it on Instagram -- was pointed out by observers such as @TeaAndRoses21 on Twitter, amid a Bachelor Nation controversy about racism in the franchise and another Southern belle image.

Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant on “The Bachelor” this season, is among four women who remain on the show, hoping to forge a romantic relationship with Matt James. He’s the first Black lead on “The Bachelor” in the series’ history.

Kirkconnell, who’s white, made headlines earlier this month when photos emerged on Reddit, showing her in Southern belle garb at a plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018. TikTok users also found evidence of the Georgia native liking social media posts with the Confederate flag and sharing QAnon conspiracy theories.

Harrison’s interview with Lindsay provoked an intense backlash among “Bachelor” fans and prompted a #FireChrisHarrison hashtag on social media. In response, Harrison apologized twice, announcing in the second apology that he was stepping away from the show until further notice. He’s been the host of “The Bachelor” since the series made its debut in 2002.

“I have spent the last few days listening to the pain my words have caused, and I’m deeply remorseful,” Harrison wrote. “My ignorance did damage to my friends, colleagues and strangers alike. I have no one to blame but myself for what I said and the way I spoke. I set standards for myself, and have not met them. I feel that with every fiber of my being. Now, just as I taught my children to stand up, and to own their actions, I will do the same. By excusing historical racism, I defended it. I invoked the term ‘woke police,’ which is unacceptable. I am ashamed over how uninformed I was. I was so wrong.”

In the meantime, Kirkconnell released a statement on Instagram apologizing for her behavior and “truths that have come to light.”

“At one point, I didn’t realize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn’t excuse them,” Kirkconnell wrote. “They are not acceptable or okay in any sense. I was ignorant, but my ignorance was racist ... I hope I can earn your forgiveness through my future actions.”

https://www.al.com/life/2021/02/hannah-brown-under-fire-for-deleting-southern-belle-photo-amid-bachelor-controversy.html

they are all mentally ill. Going to be interesting when they find out black and brown girls are doing the Southern Belle thing.
View Quote

hoop skirts, pantalettes and petticoats are just victorian dress, they're not exclusive to the confederacy
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Shits been up for like 10 years, and now it's a problem ?

L o l
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
What’s the Virginia governor got to say about it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]
i'm wondering how long it will take for daughter's college to expel her for her scholarship from Daughters of the Confederacy .
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Un-person her immediately.

Shutdown Twitter's DNS for having hosted the photo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Phew, thought it was our favorite catfish noodler getting cancelled.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#13]

I'm supposed to be offended by that?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#14]
did she say it with an A or an ER?

That will determine is she racist or not
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cancel the South... all of it.
View Quote

You’re welcome to come down here and try.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that too. *scribble* and me...
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shits been up for like 10 years, and now it's a problem ?

L o l
View Quote

Either some blue haired sjw sow or a soy fag male came across that photo and had to shame her on social media to validate their pitiful life.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm supposed to be offended by that?
View All Quotes

Fucking right....that right there...that imagery is what is keeping the AA community down. You see those ruffles....SO POWERFUL
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#19]
The American political left’s nihilism would be more fun to watch if it impacted them faster. It’s less fun when they descend into insanity slowly and try to take us with them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Annnnnd, the word for today is:

grovel: verb

grov·?el | \ 'grä-v?l  , 'gr?-  \
groveled or grovelled; groveling or grovelling
Definition of grovel
intransitive verb

1: to creep with the face to the ground : CRAWL
2a: to lie or creep with the body prostrate in token of subservience or abasement
groveled at the feet of the king
b: to abase oneself
would not grovel for political advantage
3: to give oneself over to what is base or unworthy : WALLOW
groveling in self-pity
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Based on that photo, she's clearly a racist, Klan supporter and should be ostracized from society
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Why is this chick on a show competing for one douchey guy, looks like she could get a man easily
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Because giving into the mob always works out so well.
We need more people to say "You don't like this? Well then, you can go fuck off".
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Disney!
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

hoop skirts, pantalettes and petticoats are just victorian dress, they're not exclusive to the confederacy
View Quote
If facts and logic were still a thing, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

We're all about the "feels" now. If someone "feels" you are being Racist, then no amount of evidence to the contrary will save you.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of people think she is correct, I'm sure.

But, of course, she is not.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You’re welcome to come down here and try.

View Quote

That’s boomercope

It’s been going on for the last 30-50 years.  Especially so this past summer.

And you don’t do a damn thing about it except post tough talk statements like the above.....

“The south” as an institution survives more in the fearful minds of coastal liberals than in the actual south.

Also, imagine getting upset over this thot.  Holy shit.  You should had been far more upset a lonnnnggggggg time ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Note their shoulders are covered

The thot in OP did not.

Not saying it’s a problem.  But it’s wrong to expose them in the correct “southern” setting
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop watching "The Bachelor"?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Honestly didn’t know it was still on
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Perhaps they should just throw all of the southern states out of the union?

Yea, Texas needs to be thrown out first....
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#37]
It's racist to not dress like a whore.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#38]
What a bunch of drama liberal hate.

That show for years has pushed interracial dating when it is probably nowhere close to the majority of relationships.

There is the first black bachelor I read.  How many white and black women started out?

Then Harrison cries about "systemic racism" which is really where nothing that is happening now will do one thing to help solve problems in the black community.

The black community will never solve their self-made destructive issues until they stop supporting Democrats, return to having kids only in a stable two parent (man-woman) marriage, stress education, values etc.

They need to clean up the crime in their ghettos and housing projects.

This is all because of over fifty years of the Great Society that destroyed the black family.

As a nation, we need to end welfare for bastard kids.   All welfare.   No housing, free phone, food stamps, Medicaid.

Start doing things the right way and there is a chance that within twenty years or so we will see dramatic improvements in the black community.

Just claiming "systemic racism" or demanding reparations will do nothing.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I really want off this ride
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't go on the Bachelor.  Problem solved.  Reality TV has been a plague upon humanity since its inception.  The fact that it's worse now in the age of SJW tardo McFardos should come as a surprise to absolutely no one.  If you don't want your life dissected and torn apart over stupid shit, don't go on reality TV.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Eating their own.

Bachelor/bachelorette is done if they keep bending the knee to the mob.

ETA: so says my girlfriend
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Men America is really hitting the SJW smelling salts.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/c3/48/b9c348a4ad89f090a3c046f9bcf9384e.gif

View Quote

Appropriate gif is appropriate.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be Hannah Barron.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Note their shoulders are covered

The thot in OP did not.

Not saying it’s a problem.  But it’s wrong to expose them in the correct “southern” setting
View Quote

This. THOT's dressing up as a "Southern Belle" is no different than a stripper in a nurse costume. They're both dead on the inside and have no way to express an opinion except in vowels.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#47]
All cultures of the world must be respected and understood.
Except one.  Its okay to shit on Southern White Culture.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#48]
That was a common dress back then

In before Northern women also wore that dress
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

That girl  makes 80K+ a  year (in add revenue) over you wanking it to her videos.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top