Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class from basic training, and I've been involved in numerous helldives on Malevelon Creek, and I have over 9000 extracted samples. I am trained in filling out C-01 forms and I'm the top stratagem thrower in the entire SEAF. You are nothing to me but just another traitor. I will call a 500kg bomb on you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Super Earth, mark my location, northwest, far. You think you can get away with sending me that dispatch through my war table? Think again, scum. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of democracy officers across the entire fleet and location of your Super Destroyer is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Orbital 380mm Barrage, maggot. Barrage that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your base of operations. You're getting turned into training terminid's nutrition paste. I can drop anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my LAS-7 DAGGER. Not only am I extensively trained in Brasch Tactics, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Elected Representative Of Family Values and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your ass off the face of the Milky Way, you little shit. If only you could have known what democratic retribution your little "clever" illegal propaganda broadcast was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have stayed in your bunker. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying Super Credits. I will call stratagems down all over your sufficiently-sized housing and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kid over the age of 7.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Your sacrifice will always be remembered (Helldiver Name)!  

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#4]
The Meridian Black Hole is safe and effective.TM

This message has been approved by the Super Earth Ministry of Truth.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:47:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#5]
New Warbond trailer is out. Now we're getting color skins for equipment! Also a fucking throwing knife lmao.

The armor comes with a new passive called Peak Physique. It buffs your melee damage and weapons handling.

Helldivers 2 - Viper Commandos Warbond Trailer | PS5 & PC Games

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#6]
hahaha I love this

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
A Liberator carbine, a three shot shotgun secondary, and a throwing knife...
The knife will be fun for a laugh, but I'm not giving up the Grenade launcher pistol and not carrying stuns or napalm. I'm not sure how the carbine could be enticing. If it has better handling than the regular, well that's just the Tenderizer already.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
CEO just sent this meme out in regards to an upcoming patch:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Lol, thinking >100 changes and fixes will be a good thing...
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Here we go! CEO's tweet:

Attachment Attached File

Also have you guys seen all the drama with the official Discord? I did my part and put a vomit emoji in there; got a full ban from the server lol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 6:26:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#11]
Big update dropped. Lots of buffs and changes. They got rid of the evac civilians misson entirely. The new warbond is coming later today at noon EDT.

Edit: some changes people are noticing on Reddit that are undocumented: many new crosshairs for guns with scopes, automaton gunships can now appear as patrols in missions without a fabricator,

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4150709804553746157?l=english
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 7:57:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#12]
Pummeler got a straight up nerf to the large hunters and stalkers, and probably spewers.

Great changes on the gatling barrage orbital and eagle strafing.  Haven't tried a whole lot else yet.
I thought I might have heard a ping when near a rare sample from the radar, but I'm not sure.

ETA: Definitely less enemies on a solo run, and extraction isn't a complete CF like it was. Noticed less chargers spawning.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Big update dropped. Lots of buffs and changes. They got rid of the evac civilians misson entirely. The new warbond is coming later today at noon EDT.

Edit: some changes people are noticing on Reddit that are undocumented: many new crosshairs for guns with scopes, automaton gunships can now appear as patrols in missions without a fabricator,

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4150709804553746157?l=english
View Quote

Quick read through changes look good from what I can tell.
No nerfs to the autocannon :)

The cross hairs is mentioned in the link above

Updated some first person crosshairs to improve readability.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The new shotgun pistol (Bushwhacker) is amazing. The grenade pistol has been my main since it came out but this is definitely a contender.

The new Liberator Carbine is low tier. Crap on bot missions, and only ok for killing a bunch of trash bugs that are very close to you.

I wanna try the throwing knife badly but gotta grind more medals first.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah Lib Carbine was a disappointment. The standard Liberator feels much better now. It's nothing amazing but it is a capable weapon now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Tenderizer got quite a dmg bump up.  Eruptor too.

Level 9 I think is spawning MORE chargers/hulks than before  And 75% of the chargers are behemoths

Using the new armor with the Heavy Machinegun is pretty slick, the armor compensates for the slow handling a fair amount.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#17]
So... the enemy spawning is still a bit messed up. Bots are a lot more difficult with tons of MG raiders with pinpoint accuracy as Bots weapons have less spread now. And on higher difficulty missions there are gunship patrols. For bugs you get the very hard to kill behemoths spawning frequently.

Wrecking regular chargers with strafing runs has been great fun though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Played a game today for the first time in months versus bugs and was pleasantly surprised with the changes.  Acid from spewers is no longer a death sentence, armor seems to work and bugs seem a bit softer.  Much less frustrating than before
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#19]
After taking Thursday and Friday off, I got plenty of hours playing post patch.

I'm really happy with what they did.  I have no complaints, other than my social/friend page is kind of fucked.  I played for 2 hours with a guy yesterday before he showed online for me.  But it was FUN again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

I have no complaints, other than my social/friend page is kind of fucked.
View Quote
If you're on PC and have Crossplay Off, turn it to On and Friend's list should appear.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
If you're on PC and have Crossplay Off, turn it to On and Friend's list should appear.
View Quote

PS5 cross play always on. It shows up. It just doesn't show live data.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice troll job by the devs. Everyone's sick of all the fire on Hellmire so they gave everyone a free flamethrower stratagem
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Nice troll job by the devs. Everyone's sick of all the fire on Hellmire so they gave everyone a free flamethrower stratagem
View Quote

haha
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Called the free flame thrower down upon landing and at ex-fil for every mission and never used it.  Suicide by fire is bad.  

Personal goal tonight was "How many shotgun shells can I shoot through the Incendiary Breaker?" Turns out, a lot when one just continuously fires through every magazine pretty much the entire mission.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:25:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
Called the free flame thrower down upon landing and at ex-fil for every mission and never used it.  Suicide by fire is bad.  

Personal goal tonight was "How many shotgun shells can I shoot through the Incendiary Breaker?" Turns out, a lot when one just continuously fires through every magazine pretty much the entire mission.
View Quote

ASVAB?
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, they fixed how the spear works, and it works well.  The only problem is that using it makes me crash to desktop every 1-3 shots.  Once all I had to do was aim it at nothing and I crashed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 8:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#27]
Haven’t been on for a while after all the constant crashing, nerfing & Tom-fuckery, so I decided to check today to see how it was doing on Steam top play list…

33,000 current players with a high today of about 46K…

Imagine fucking up your game so much between the mandated PS crap & constantly micromanaging the game to piss off 90% of your player base so much in about a month they abandoned your game.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:
Haven’t been on for a while after all the constant crashing, nerfing & Tom-fuckery, so I decided to check today to see how it was doing on Steam top play list…

33,000 current players with a high today of about 46K…

Imagine fucking up your game so much between the mandated PS crap & constantly micromanaging the game to piss off 90% of your player base so much in about a month they abandoned your game.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-lol-818.gif
View Quote

There's some of that. But also everyone has all the content now.

I still enjoy the gameplay but there is nothing to unlock/work towards.

You pretty much unlock all content by level 20, which everyone got to in the first week.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Having fixed the new armor passive (weapon handling) the HMG is a blast to use on bugs. Blows apart the brood commanders quickly. Well aimed shots drop really mess up a charger and gets it limping or bleeding out and easy to finish off.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

You pretty much unlock all content by level 20, which everyone got to in the first week.
View Quote

I liked the game but then just started to lose interest.

Other than killing the exact same shit over and over with the same 5 or 6 'missions' it got really stale. I'm level 55 and there was just zero progression.

Bugs/robots attacking a new planet for the 478957th time? Yeah, don't care.

New warbond that I don't want 95% of and can unlock it all in 3 games anyways? Meh.

No way to grind or loot to improve weapons/gear/strats and they're just the same thing from the minute you unlock them? Lame.

Devs not really adding new shit or fixing bugs but instead mostly fucking with nerfing weapons or changing how many rounds are in a mag because it 'feels better'? Fuck this.

I don't care that there aern't 700000 new maps or whatever. Give me something to fucking do.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I can see that. On the other hand my online gaming experience started with Quake 2 death match and I played that nightly for like 2 years. No dlc. No new maps. No new content. Just new noobs to pwn

I wouldn't say no to new content, particularly new contextual missions like the TCS install/uninstall. So far they've mostly been bug specific and I'd like to see some bot specific ones.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm at the point where I only log in to play when something new drops.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I  still play because it’s actually fun for me but I get in hyper focused mode though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Another week long Major Order just dropped for controlling terminid planets
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I can see that. On the other hand my online gaming experience started with Quake 2 death match and I played that nightly for like 2 years. No dlc. No new maps. No new content. Just new noobs to pwn

I wouldn't say no to new content, particularly new contextual missions like the TCS install/uninstall. So far they've mostly been bug specific and I'd like to see some bot specific ones.
View Quote

multiplayer adds a lot replay ability.

I love coop games and pretty much exclusively game with friends. But once the content is finished, it's over. It's a psychological thing; there has to be progression.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:

Other than killing the exact same shit over and over with the same 5 or 6 'missions' it got really stale. I'm level 55 and there was just zero progression.

New warbond that I don't want 95% of and can unlock it all in 3 games anyways? Meh.

No way to grind or loot to improve weapons/gear/strats and they're just the same thing from the minute you unlock them? Lame.

Devs not really adding new shit or fixing bugs but instead mostly fucking with nerfing weapons or changing how many rounds are in a mag because it 'feels better'? Fuck this.

I don't care that there aern't 700000 new maps or whatever. Give me something to fucking do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

As a 3rd person shooter it was very fun in the beginning.

I agree with what both of you are saying. My kids quit playing it for how stagnant it becomes.  I’m mostly disappointed because it’s hard to find games the wife & I can play together. It has to be 3rd person, or at least an option, & relatively engaging.

Started playing Wuthering Waves a few weeks ago. Wife likes it better than I do & I wish the co-op was better, but over all the combat portion is pretty fun if you like that game style.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Yeah.  I hate to admit it but I'm getting there too.  ~400 hours in and inching a meaningless level forward or contributing to a major order for a reward I can't get is getting old.

I was just thinking about cutting back because if I could apply those 400 hours to some of the projects I've been ignoring....
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah.  I hate to admit it but I'm getting there too.  ~400 hours in and inching a meaningless level forward or contributing to a major order for a reward I can't get is getting old.

I was just thinking about cutting back because if I could apply those 400 hours to some of the projects I've been ignoring....
View Quote

It was fun playing with all of you folks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Just when I started getting good you quit……..  such is life.

I’m still playing but it’s mainly bugs and helping out the lower level guys.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm still playing but fairly sporadic
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Still having fun but play casually, here and there.  The recent performance tanking made me quit a game a earlier.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

Just when I started getting good you quit……..  such is life.

I’m still playing but it’s mainly bugs and helping out the lower level guys.

View Quote

I ain't done, I'll be on tonight. When I say backing off I'm starting at 100 hours/month
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#43]

I ain't done, I'll be on tonight. When I say backing off I'm starting at 100 hours/month
View Quote

I’ll see you tonight then lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

I’ll see you tonight then lol
View Quote

I hope to be back on Sunday.  On vacation right now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#45]
We beat the Major Order that came out this morning already lol. It was to kill 100,000,000 bugs.

Way too easy. Something is up

Also, the new Commando rocket launcher is amazing. It blows up bot factories in 1 hit from the side; you don't even need to hit a weak spot.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#46]
That's odd, I put 2 rounds into a fabricator yesterday and it did nothing.  Though I agree it's a very handy support weapon.  I've gotten to the point of thinking of the weapons as having really only 2 meaningful stats.  Size of boom and rate of booms.  It fits into a really nice slot on that scale between the autocannon and EAT/Recoilless.

But for now they're going to have to pull the Eruptor/Heavy MG/Senator/Stun Nades/Supply Pack/Orbital Laser/Eagle Air Strike load out from my cold dead hands for the majority of bot missions.  There are plenty of other loadouts that are just as or even more effective in the moment like the Spear effortlessly wiping gunships from the sky, but almost every other combo has me begging for ammo/nades/stims at some point when resupply has just been called down to the other side of the map.  That supply pack is awesome.  Basically holds 8 nades, 8 stims, 8 HMG mags, 80 Senator rounds and I think 12 Eruptor mags.

Between the HMG and Eruptor buff and the Viper Commando weapon handling armor, destroyer module for support weapon reload speed, the only time I feel outgunned or incapable of killing something needing killing is when I've already fucked up numerous times and everythings on cooldown at once.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#47]
Nah it doesn't 1 shot a factory strider, I meant the factories (buildings, fabricators). I think it needs 2 shots to the vents on the striders.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I meant the same.

Though you bring up another thing I love about the HMG.  I just took down 2 factory striders solo without a stratagem or death sneaking up on them, getting under and putting 30-40 rounds in the belly
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I really took a liking to the commando as well. I usually carry a quasar to take down drop ships and I took to alternating both of them while the quasar was in cooldown if multiple drops came in or hulks and tanks were being dropped. It worked out well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:28:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#50]
Well Inquisitive_Spaniard proved it to me last night.  1 shot fabricator kills from any direction.  The time I tried I must have either hit refuse surrounding the fabricator or something of that nature.  That's a HUGE advantage against bots considering what I call "easy jammers" the ones with a fabricator right next to the jammer that will take the jammer out when destroyed.  Especially considering the Spear is the only other support weapon I think is capable of doing that from range and any angle.

Against bugs?  Still love it.  2 shot Charger Behemoths if you hit them right.  Does serious damage to Bile Titans.  Seems to do much more damage from the side than it "should" as well.  Fast enough cool down to burn rockets on Brood Commanders/Brood Guards/Spewers or bug holes if the need arises.

Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top