Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone is wrong.
The correct answer is Oregon. The worst drivers on the fucking planet.
The retardation of the average Oregon driver isn't quantifiable. These people drive so fucking bad they break the laws of physics.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wisconsin is on there as safe because we have to drive 40MPH or less most of the time because of road construction or potholes.
View Quote

That's why Detroit is so bad - we have worse potholes and more construction, but people still drive like it's the Indy 500.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NY/NJ drivers stink, and I don't like them.  
View Quote

The worst I have seen.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I drive in McKinney near daily. I'm calling bullshit on this. The only reason the fatalities aren't higher, is because everybody and their brother is driving around in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 10 cities with the safest drivers, according to ConsumerAffairs, were:

1. Green Bay, Wisconsin
2. Cary, North Carolina
3. Oxnard, California
4. Bellevue, Washington
5. McKinney, Texas
6. Lynn, Massachusetts
7. Glendale, California
8. Pearland, Texas
9. College Station, Texas
10. Henderson, Nevada

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4100486-heres-where-americas-worst-drivers-are-found-study/

full list
I drive in McKinney near daily. I'm calling bullshit on this. The only reason the fatalities aren't higher, is because everybody and their brother is driving around in 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Actually, I was astounded as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The fact no Maryland drivers are on that list, I'm calling BS. I get to traverse their highways a couple times a month....always a gumball 3000.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
YES.

NM near the top of another list.

I25/I40 though ABQ is virtually lawless. it says 55, you go 85 to not get run the fuck over.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Surprised Florida did not make the list because of all the out of state morons that can't drive.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
There seems to be a theme amongst the worst cities.

Who knew lawless people would cause accidents?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
YES.

NM near the top of another list.

I25/I40 though ABQ is virtually lawless. it says 55, you go 85 to not get run the fuck over.
View Quote

Did they ever finish the construction on IH 40 where it comes into ABQ from the East or is it still bumper cars?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m shocked. Boston drivers have always been the worst
View Quote

No, Boston area drivers are talented. Rt 128, 6 lanes wide, bumper to bumper at 95+MPH takes skill, as does doing 90 along the 250 year old goat trails which are Massholia roads. Asshole drivers, perhaps, but skilled ones.

I find many specific roads in NJ and Connecticut have a far higher percentage of talentless, entitled, cunts behind a wheel. That encompasses males and females.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Way to go Memphis!!

We're Number One!

We're Number One!

We're Number One!

Oh....wait....
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]
If DC isn't in the Top 10, the list is shit.

But Memphis does have more than their fair share of bad drivers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Driving through out the midwest, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin there is one thing that time after time never fails when you see a car doing the speed limit up in front of you in the left lane, as you get up on them in the middle lane you see their plates are WISCONSIN,  never fails me and I've put a lot of miles on those 5 or 6 states
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did they ever finish the construction on IH 40 where it comes into ABQ from the East or is it still bumper cars?
View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cary safer than Apex or Holly springs? And Rockford, IL used to have a nice Japanese garden.
View Quote

I forgot about the garden. It isnt there anymore?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m shocked. Boston drivers have always been the worst
View Quote

That all depends on perspective.

When everybody drives the same (in the case of MA - aggressively) traffic flows really well. When someone shows up who didn’t learn to drive on Boston streets, they f#ck it all up. They hesitate changing lanes and stop when lights turn red. Boston drivers always expect two cars to run the light when it changes. It’s all in the mindset.

Boston native here (and if I remember correctly from other posts, I think you might be from MA as well). I never had a car accident in Boston and like most Boston drivers, I drove like a bat out of hell. I had to relearn how to drive when I left MA. In all honesty, I saw a lot fewer car accidents in Boston than I did living in CA and here in TX.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#19]
That list sounds pretty racist to me..
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Anywhere on I35, state doesn't matter
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just looked it up, still there
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Memphis, in fact the entire western half of Tennessee starting at Nashville, matches my experiance in the late '90s.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. It's a neat place.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is petty fucking bad if College Station, Texas made the top ten of safest drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feel like you share the roadways with some dangerous drivers? A new study shows where that’s most likely to be the case.

The study by ConsumerAffairs reviewed crash data from the U.S. Department of Transportation and information included in the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System.

The site then ranked cities based on four factors: crash fatalities per 100,000 people, the number of fatalities (per 100,000 people) due to bad driving, positive blood alcohol content, and speeding. “Bad driving” included driving the wrong way in one-way traffic; failing to yield; aggressive and careless driving; making an improper turn; following improperly; inexperience operating; passing where prohibited; and improper or erratic lane changing.

Only cities with populations of 100,000 or more were reviewed by ConsumerAffairs.

Cities with the worst drivers, according to ConsumerAffairs’ analysis, were scattered through states in the lower Midwest and into the Southeast, as well as in the Southwest.

Tennessee had the most cities appear among the top 20 at four, including the worst-ranked city. In fact, Tennessee had 34 deadly crashes per 100,000 people in 2021, which is a significant increase compared to the national average of 12 deadly crashes per 100,000 people.

Topping out the list was Memphis. According to ConsumerAffairs, the majority of deadly crashes in Memphis are caused by bad driving, causing 203 deadly crashes in 2021 — more than any other city.

Tennessee’s three other cities on the list were Knoxville (12), Clarksville (17), and Chattanooga (19).

The 10 U.S. cities with the worst drivers, based on ConsumerAffairs’ analysis, were:

1. Memphis, Tennessee
2. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3. Albuquerque, New Mexico
4. Macon, Georgia
5. St. Louis, Missouri
6. Cleveland, Ohio
7. Detroit, Michigan and Victorville, California (tied)
9. Hesperia, California
10. Rockford, Illinois

It wasn’t all bad. ConsumerAffairs also ranked the cities with the safest drivers, which were largely in Texas and California.

Topping out the list, though, was Green Bay, Wisconsin, a state that has often ranked as having some of the worst roads in the country.

1. Green Bay, Wisconsin
2. Cary, North Carolina
3. Oxnard, California
4. Bellevue, Washington
5. McKinney, Texas
6. Lynn, Massachusetts
7. Glendale, California
8. Pearland, Texas
10. Henderson, Nevada

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4100486-heres-where-americas-worst-drivers-are-found-study/

full list

That is petty fucking bad if College Station, Texas made the top ten of safest drivers.

College Station is practically Mayberry compared any other college town in Texas. We played a game the last time we drove through Lubbock — count the number of damaged bumpers. Triple points if both front & back were damaged.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Texas bitches!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Florida never gets credit….
View Quote

That sheet is rigged.  Ain't no way FL is not on this list.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#27]
COC COC COC LOL!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Obviously they never met up with the bottle blondes with a botax face + bolt on boobies while holding a cell phone the size of this iPad to their ear with one hand while idly twisting their hair with the other driving a Lexus in the McKinnet/Plano TX area.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feel like you share the roadways with some dangerous drivers? A new study shows where that’s most likely to be the case.

The study by ConsumerAffairs reviewed crash data from the U.S. Department of Transportation and information included in the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System.

The site then ranked cities based on four factors: crash fatalities per 100,000 people, the number of fatalities (per 100,000 people) due to bad driving, positive blood alcohol content, and speeding. “Bad driving” included driving the wrong way in one-way traffic; failing to yield; aggressive and careless driving; making an improper turn; following improperly; inexperience operating; passing where prohibited; and improper or erratic lane changing.

Only cities with populations of 100,000 or more were reviewed by ConsumerAffairs.

Cities with the worst drivers, according to ConsumerAffairs’ analysis, were scattered through states in the lower Midwest and into the Southeast, as well as in the Southwest.

Tennessee had the most cities appear among the top 20 at four, including the worst-ranked city. In fact, Tennessee had 34 deadly crashes per 100,000 people in 2021, which is a significant increase compared to the national average of 12 deadly crashes per 100,000 people.

Topping out the list was Memphis. According to ConsumerAffairs, the majority of deadly crashes in Memphis are caused by bad driving, causing 203 deadly crashes in 2021 — more than any other city.

Tennessee’s three other cities on the list were Knoxville (12), Clarksville (17), and Chattanooga (19).

The 10 U.S. cities with the worst drivers, based on ConsumerAffairs’ analysis, were:

1. Memphis, Tennessee
2. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3. Albuquerque, New Mexico
4. Macon, Georgia
5. St. Louis, Missouri
6. Cleveland, Ohio
7. Detroit, Michigan and Victorville, California (tied)
9. Hesperia, California
10. Rockford, Illinois

It wasn’t all bad. ConsumerAffairs also ranked the cities with the safest drivers, which were largely in Texas and California.

Topping out the list, though, was Green Bay, Wisconsin, a state that has often ranked as having some of the worst roads in the country.

1. Green Bay, Wisconsin
2. Cary, North Carolina
3. Oxnard, California
4. Bellevue, Washington
5. McKinney, Texas
6. Lynn, Massachusetts
7. Glendale, California
8. Pearland, Texas
10. Henderson, Nevada

full list

Must have been looking at the stats when the kids are back home.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top