Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 5/14/2024 2:44:30 PM EDT
Gee, that kind of sounded like a notice of trespass. Unless of course, you're investigating the obvious crime of a Jeep idling in a driveway.

Cops Called Over Vehicle in Driveway | They Refuse to Leave & Arrest Everyone | No Warrant!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Power tripping cops and retards always make for interesting interactions and lawsuits.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]

I been looking lot of es vids last couple days.  Sickening what some of these guys pull.  

Protect & serve my ass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Why teach law, health, taxes, money, or anything else folks actually need to know about?  There are gender studies to be had!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit show
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:00:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#5]
Still need to get the 9-1-1 call, the radio transmissions, and everything from their CAD system to establish exactly what they knew when they were called there.

There is a clear assertion of constitutional rights made, and unless there's a LOT more to the story, the city will settle this one for sure.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The reason for that shitshow was the way the officers conducted themselves.

And apparently they can go hands on with anyone for any reason, including them just feeling like it.  All their grabbing and pushing and shoving simply escalated the emotions of everyone involved, themselves included.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Why is it the video's thumbnail makes Christina look like you put Taylor Swift's 18 year old ass on Terminator 2's Linda Hamilton, but the BWC makes her look like Fargo007's avatar?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:08:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKFF] [#8]
I don’t have a problem with cops.  I have a problem with shitbags, especially when they are cops.  Some are actually pieces of shit but alot of these videos are just stupid/ignorant cops.   If you don’t take the time to learn your job (enforcing the law) then you can go fuck yourself.  

The VAST majority of my personal interactions with police have been good.  

I have personally had 3 interactions (off the job) with police officers where they were shitbags.   They were lying and/or violating rights without question because I saw everything with my own eyes and know what happened.

I used to think my personal experiences were the rarity and almost all cops were not lying tyrants.  

With the fact that nobody wants to be a cop anymore (I’m aware that was a purposeful operation), they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for cops now.  As they get dumber, the number of these incidents is skyrocketing.  

Plus cameras everywhere now.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I support developmentally disabled people getting meaningful work.

But not as police officers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
What a bunch of assholes. The sooner they get rid of
“Qualified Imunity” the better. What a bunch of jackboot MFs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terminal-Lance] [#11]
Most of these videos I see like this is its the cops ego that cant take not having their ring kissed just because they showed up.

qualified immunity needs to replaced with something like malpractice insurance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Was that a pimp/ho situation? Those cops are a huge liability to the taxpayers regardless.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#13]
The call was probably to investigate a domestic incident. The door was open, potential yelling, and the dude was keyed up from the start. Nobody will know until the CAD history is released.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Homernomer:
I support developmentally disabled people getting meaningful work.

But not as police officers.
View Quote

Is it just me, or does the officer at 11:53 actually look developmentally disabled?  

And this.  They need the lawsuit awards to come out of their pensions, that will heavily curtail these clownshows.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws. Therefore the officers do have probable cause that a traffic or criminal violation occurred ( depending on how the state codes it)

So were the officers legally there? Yes.

However the level of detainment and force used are completely unacceptable.

For example she self-identified as the owner/operator of the vehicle. She is the only ”suspect”.  The man is no longer a suspect and cannot be detained. Further, officers cannot force him to leave.

He is unlawfully detained and unlawful force used upon him. ($$)

She could be detained at a level equivalent to a traffic stop. (Again depending on state traffic vs criminal penalty for idling a vehicle)

Either way the legal and best practice way to handle this would have been to run the plate, confirm the owners picture with the lady and either leave a ticket on the car or issue a traffic warrant. There was zero reason the physically engage with either the female or the male.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wanted to detain the male was the argument could be construed as an active DV incident. The officers are clearly focused on that line of investigation when they ask her what is going on and explained to her that they heard arguing. However, that line of inquiry ends when she claims that there’s no issues and closes the door behind her. This leaves, no other avenues of investigation for the officers, and ultimately they must return to the original purpose of contact, the idling vehicle.
There’s also a possibility that they had information regarding a party at the location however it however, that information is not readily available at this time

Ultimately somebody is going to get paid
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
“Your really gonna like this one” it’s as if he’s speaking directly to gd
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By silver_back110:
The call was probably to investigate a domestic incident. The door was open, potential yelling, and the dude was keyed up from the start. Nobody will know until the CAD history is released.
View Quote

And they just lied saying it was about an idling car?
And a possible domestic allows the cops to shove people and go hands on?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silver_back110] [#19]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I dunno, maybe. I’m not familiar with that state’s statutes, so I’ll hold on to my judgment. What I do know is that the homeowner was spun up from the start. Due to his performance he further invited the Man into his life.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
"Your really gonna like this one" it's as if he's speaking directly to gd
View Quote
Is he not?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nomondaydreams] [#21]
I also see the old Argument of “qualified immunity” needs to be getting rid of. People vastly misunderstand what qualified immunity is and why it is necessary.

Amazingly, some people believe that qualified immunity means that a person cannot be criminally Charged. This is not entirely true often qualified immunity is given when an officer or official acts Within the constitution and laws, and it simply means that the government who passed those laws is the one that is liable further overall enforcement, not the individual

First and foremost, qualified immunity is given when you are a government official and acting the will of the government. Qualified immunity does not apply typically when you act outside the bounds of your governmental capacity.

For example, governmental immunity does not if an officer walks up in murders a citizen for no reason and no legal justification. That’s murder.

Qualified immunity would apply if for example, in the service of their governmental duties in officer shoots and kills an armed suspect committing a violent crime. Within the concerts of the constitution and local laws, this action is deemed justified and therefore within the government guidance. Sue the government, not the the Officer.

By eliminating qualified immunity altogether, The government cannot be held responsible for their miss deeds and only the people who carry the governments will become liable..

Without qualified immunity, for example, a law that violates The fourth amendment and is carried out by an officer would result in the officer being sued for a law that he did not create and was passed by the government. The government would then be able to hand off all liability to the officer and dodge all responsibility

Every government case would just become. “ we just passed the law. It was up to the officer to determine if it was against the constitution therefore, you can’t sue us.”

A parallel example of this would be a T-Mobile store that has a policy to sell broken phones to new customers. You the customer decide to sue the person/individual that sold you the phone rather than sue T-Mobile.

In either case you would be holding the individual accountable for the actions and policies of the government/corporation and not holding government/corporation accountable for their shitty policies.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#22]
I sensed some CYA action going on when they started in about hearing loud voices or screams or whatever inside the house.   Might have known they effed up and wanted to get some of that on the record for an exigent circumstance angle
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:44:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nomondaydreams] [#23]
Double tap

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nomondaydreams:
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws. Therefore the officers do have probable cause that a traffic or criminal violation occurred ( depending on how the state codes it)

For example she self-identified as the owner/operator of the vehicle. She is the only ”suspect”.  The man is no longer a suspect and cannot be detained. Further, officers cannot force him to leave.

She could be detained at a level equivalent to a traffic stop. (Again depending on state traffic vs criminal penalty for idling a vehicle)

Either way the legal and best practice way to handle this would have been to run the plate, confirm the owners picture with the lady and either leave a ticket on the car or issue a traffic warrant. There was zero reason the physically engage with either the female or the male.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wanted to detain the male was the argument could be construed as an active DV incident. The officers are clearly focused on that line of investigation when they ask her what is going on and explained to her that they heard arguing. However, that line of inquiry ends when she claims that there’s no issues and closes the door behind her. This leaves, no other avenues of investigation for the officers, and ultimately they must return to the original purpose of contact, the idling vehicle.
There’s also a possibility that they had information regarding a party at the location however it however, that information is not readily available at this time

View Quote

Spfd is about an hr away from me.  Anyways found this from 2017:

Leaving unattended car running could bring fine in Springfield
By edited news release from Springfield Police Department
Published: Feb. 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM CST

Due to the number of cars being stolen while unattended and running, the Springfield Police Department will start enforcing municipal ordinance 106-33.

“No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition and removing the key," the ordinance says.

Enforcement of this ordinance involves a municipal ticket with up to a $1,000 fine.

In 40 percent of the reported vehicle thefts in the city in 2016, car keys were left in the vehicle, or the car was left running and unattended.

"We want to encourage all citizens to be mindful of the security of their automobiles. Please lock your cars, roll up your windows and do not leave valuable items in view, and especially, please do not leave vehicles running and unattended," said Springfield Police Lt. Grant Dorrell in a news release.

News Article
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#26]

I dunno, maybe. I’m not familiar with that state’s statutes, so I’ll hold on to my judgment. What I do know is that the homeowner was spun up from the start. Due to his performance he further invited the Man into his life.
View All Quotes

He didn't invite anyone. He told the police that they weren't welcome on his property. They responded with violence.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Packin:

Due to the number of cars being stolen while unattended and running, the Springfield Police Department will start enforcing municipal ordinance 106-33.

“No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition and removing the key," the ordinance says.

Enforcement of this ordinance involves a municipal ticket with up to a $1,000 fine.

In 40 percent of the reported vehicle thefts in the city in 2016, car keys were left in the vehicle, or the car was left running and unattended.

"We want to encourage all citizens to be mindful of the security of their automobiles. Please lock your cars, roll up your windows and do not leave valuable items in view, and especially, please do not leave vehicles running and unattended," said Springfield Police Lt. Grant Dorrell in a news release.

News Article
View All Quotes

News Article

Thank you. That explains what this lawyer clearly missed. It seems to me that his position is that the officers had no reason to be there in the first place and that is incorrect. That still does not excuse the actions and overreach of the Of the officers
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I also see the old Argument of “qualified immunity” needs to be getting rid of. People vastly misunderstand what qualified immunity is and why it is necessary.
View All Quotes

I'd argue it isn't necessary since we had cops for a very long time without it.
Amazingly, some people believe that qualified immunity means that a person cannot be criminally Charged. This is not entirely true often qualified immunity is given when an officer or official acts Within the constitution and laws, and it simply means that the government who passed those laws is the one that is liable further overall enforcement, not the individual

Do you expect these cops will be criminally charged? I don't.
First and foremost, qualified immunity is given when you are a government official and acting the will of the government. Qualified immunity does not apply typically when you act outside the bounds of your governmental capacity.

Like while stealing? https://reason.com/2020/05/19/qualified-immunity-supreme-court-jessop-theft-kelsay-police-brutality/
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol that's classic police work in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I got lit up on X a couple of weeks ago for posting one of the memes from the dank memes thread. The back the blue nut swingers hit that bait HARD. These are the same people that would put us on train cars because “just following orders “!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Shitbag cops aside, how much does that dude pay you to shill his videos on here OP?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Missouri and many other states have no idling laws.

View Quote

No idling laws on private property?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 86Tiger:

I been looking lot of es vids last couple days.  Sickening what some of these guys pull.  

Protect & serve my ass.
View Quote

More like Intimidate & Harass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Cops are wrong on this one. No warrant and no suspected crime being committed means you need to leave when asked to do so.

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Yeah that’s unconstitutional as fuck and I’ll see your municipalities ass in court where my first year post bar attorney will get this bullshit removed from the books.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Why can't people just kneel to the authorities? It would be a lot easier for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Like while stealing? https://reason.com/2020/05/19/qualified-immunity-supreme-court-jessop-theft-kelsay-police-brutality/
View All Quotes

I am not sure what “ very long time” as there as versions of qualified immunity that extend back to the first formal police force. The fist time it was address and called “qualified immunity was 1967.  It has been codified is some states such as MA since before the civil war.

While the article you link provides many example of “bad qualified immunity “ and few details on why, I will address that with a blanket statement.

Not everyone deserves qualified immunity.  In fact there are certainly people who don’t. But it is also a critical component of enforcing the law in today’s litigious society.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:08:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: criley] [#38]
From a very, very brief search I have found no restrictions on idling on private property with permission from the owner of the property.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:

Yeah that’s unconstitutional as fuck and I’ll see your municipalities ass in court where my first year post bar attorney will get this bullshit removed from the books.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:

😭 some of those laws have been on the books as long as cars have existed. The fact that they persist proves you wrong.

I suppose that you would say the same about any law that applies on private property.
🤣

I agree there is to much government and far to many laws but anarchy is also not a thing in our constitution
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By criley:
From a very, very brief search I have found no restrictions on idling on private property with permission from the owner of the property.
View Quote

Another user above already posted it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#41]
City Ordinance since 1981.

Sec. 106-33. - Unattended motor vehicles.
No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition and removing the key; provided that this shall not apply to local delivery trucks while in the process of making a delivery when the name of the owner of such truck is lettered thereon. When any motor vehicle is left standing upon a perceptible grade, the driver or operator shall, before leaving such motor vehicle, effectively set the brake thereon and turn the front wheels to the curb or side of the street.

(Code 1981, § 22-30)

State Law reference— Unattended motor vehicle, RSMo 304.150; disposition of vehicles left unattended on highways, RSMo 304.155.
View Quote

  304.150.  (Repealed L. 1996 H.B. 1047 § C)
­­--------

---- end of effective  28 Aug 1996 ----
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I got a call the other day because a person left their vehicle lights on. Parked in their driveway.
View Quote

Can you post up the video?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Thank you. That explains what this lawyer clearly missed. It seems to me that his position is that the officers had no reason to be there in the first place and that is incorrect. That still does not excuse the actions and overreach of the Of the officers
View All Quotes

News Article

Gee, good thing they never bothered to just simply say "you cant leave a vehicle running unattended."
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Filthy subhuman criminal cops belong in prison for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
Shitbag cops aside, how much does that dude pay you to shill his videos on here OP?
View Quote

Actually that lawyer is a member here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#46]

😭 some of those laws have been on the books as long as cars have existed. The fact that they persist proves you wrong.

I suppose that you would say the same about any law that applies on private property.
🤣

I agree there is to much government and far to many laws but anarchy is also not a thing in our constitution
View Quote

So no warming up your car in winter?

You must be a cop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Gee, good thing they never bothered to just simply say "you cant leave a vehicle running unattended."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

News Article

If you read any of my comments above, I 100% agree. However, this lawyer in the video is also factually incorrect in his statements of the officers did not have a reason to be there. Lawyers can be idiots too
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Jeep owner probably got a pocket full of tickets that are unpaid.  So it has to go down
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#49]
No idling laws on private property? Lol.

We just sold an old car and had it idle for a few hours after jumping it because I couldn't find the battery trickle charger

Dude with the 3x mags was the worst. If there was an issue they could have said, please shut off the jeep... if we have to come back it might be a ticket. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Missouri does not have any state laws that prohibit leaving a car running while unattended. However, Missouri does restrict idling for heavy-duty diesel vehicles in some counties, including St. Louis, Jefferson, Franklin, St. Charles, Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties. These vehicles can only idle for up to five minutes within a 60-minute period. St. Louis County, for example, restricts idling to three minutes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top