Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2022 11:02:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#1]
TLDR: Hispanic boomers are unhealthy, poor, cannot work in their old age and need government handouts for health care and living expenses.

Did I miss anything?

Eta "Current research indicates Hispanic Boomers due to high poverty rates, low education rates, and poor health lack adequate economic resources going into old age and will not be healthy enough to work beyond the current retirement age. Low educational levels indicate Mexican-origin Boomers will continue to be in low-paying jobs that often lack retiree benefits."
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TLDR:

Drinking more than 2 Liters of Coke a day while failing at gravity is hazardous to your health

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The amount of pop they drink and sugar they put on everything makes this a no shit Sherlock.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Replacements being allowed in from the south.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Cliffs notes:

Mexicans who move to the US live longer than other Mexicans.

Mexicans in the US have more obesity, diabetes and heart disease than other Americans and therefore don't live as long.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought this might be an interesting parody / follow up to the Midwest Taco thread...  disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Hispanics have better mortality outcomes but worse morbidity and disability rates overall than non-Hispanic Whites (Markides & Wallace, 2007); this has been described as the “Hispanic paradox.” This advantage is concentrated among immigrant adults and dissipates with years in the United States (Markides & Eschbach, 2005).
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Better access to Healthcare in the US, tied with more rich diet of good food that's bad for you.

Eating that everyday while young and active with access to good Healthcare means a pretty good life. Being old and busted and sitting in a lazy boy, eating that everyday means health issues.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hispanics have better mortality outcomes but worse morbidity and disability rates overall than non-Hispanic Whites (Markides & Wallace, 2007); this has been described as the "Hispanic paradox." This advantage is concentrated among immigrant adults and dissipates with years in the United States (Markides & Eschbach, 2005).
View Quote
A number of Hispanics immigrants work harder jobs in the trades and agriculture industries. They beat up their bodies more.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Every thing pictured is what I have on a weekly basis. Sometimes multiple times a week/day.
View Quote
It is the only way to live.... God gave me taste buds so I can savor lechon from a caja china with a nice cuba libre.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I am not sure the paradox. On average they live a more physical life than white people. That leads to more disability but also makes them tougher so they don’t die easily.  Some roofer can handle the same health issue more easily than an office weenie, but he may not be able to do his job anymore.

The obesity is tied to the awesome food.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am not sure the paradox. On average they live a more physical life than white people. That leads to more disability but also makes them tougher so they don't die easily.  Some roofer can handle the same health issue more easily than an office weenie, but he may not be able to do his job anymore.

The obesity is tied to the awesome food.
View Quote
Exactly... if your average non Hispanic White is an extra from Disney's Wall-E and your Hispanic is a guy who fornthirty years picked up concrete sacks and carried them up flights of stairs at apartments being built..... their health conditions and issues will be different.

And yes, the food is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do Hispanics have a lot of 'good' oils in their diet like the southern Europe?

Dunno about other things but it certainly seems to reduce artery/hart stuff down there
View Quote
@iggy1337

Depends.... does the fat drippings off roasted pork count as "good oils"?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#16]
When are they gonna do Fat Hawaii?  

If there was ever a diet that was a fucking express train to grotesque obesity, they've got it.

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Gordos.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Now I'm hungry...

ETA
Never heard of Yerba Mate Soda. Early research of this product is promising.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227/71CADWRJToL__SL1500__jpg-2629229.JPG
View Quote
Sexy Chicas and Materva have a history @SeanTX.

Si manejas, no tome. Y si tomas, toma Materva…

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Malta con leche condensada
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Malta con leche condensada
View Quote
It is the only way to live. It It the sure way to fatten up a skinny kid.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Every thing pictured is what I have on a weekly basis. Sometimes multiple times a week/day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I didn’t know you had a case of the munchies. Careful though, sugar and alcohol are addictive drugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top