Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mind owning some of his art work.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a friend of the guy who had bought all the books "liberated" by the French army in the berghof in 1945.
There was a few hundreds of them and he sold them for quite a price in the 80's but he would have been millionaire if he had waited until today.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
A stranger surprise that I picked up from that article is that Eva Braun's used panties are a valued collectors piece. For those unaware, Eva was Hitler's girlfriend. To no surprise, there are multiple panties, and the auctions mentioned went for close to 4k pounds each.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A stranger surprise that I picked up from that article is that Eva Braun's used panties are a valued collectors piece. For those unaware, Eva was Hitler's girlfriend. To no surprise, there are multiple panties, and the auctions mentioned went for close to 4k pounds each.
View Quote

How else are we supposed to get the boys from Brazil?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It probably doesn't even keep the reich time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 mil short.

I'd be Fuhrious
It probably doesn't even keep the reich time.
Gestop it with the bad jokes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#6]
When 30 French Soldiers "stormed" the Berghof.... What?

Somebody forget to tell the 910th AA (attached to 101st) who were the 1st allied troops on 26 April and the 3rd ID 8 days latter about the "storming" the Berghof... French 2nd Armored was like 3rd or 4th into that party and the GI's were already enjoying booze on the patio by then  

It probably didn't sell for what they "expected" as there are holes in the story. American's go to war for souvenirs, you think GI's are going to leave a watch especially when the Silverware and Stamp Collection the 910th guys jacked is well documented.

Granted, maybe the GI's overlooked it as the Berghof is not the "Eagles Nest". The RAF bombed the shit out of just before, as well as USAAF P-51's carried out precision (well as much as you could precision strike in WW2) strike on his house in Berchestgarden and surrounding structures.          

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The Free French guys laid it all on the line and fought hard after the invasion, but there seems to have been an awful lot of effort to make sure they were included in the big events to help salvage the honor of their defeated and occupied country.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]
The Nazi's basically invented what we call a "life style" brand today
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top