Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2022 11:14:38 AM EDT
Hey, what are folks using for home security systems?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently ADT, but I am about to switch to a local company because I am sick of ADT's BS monitoring fee. I will say that ADT is very good, they call quickly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hawk Security
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Currently ADT, but I am about to switch to a local company because I am sick of ADT's BS monitoring fee.
View Quote

And shit equipment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And shit equipment.
View Quote

It's been fine, it's 2GIG. Though they came and replace the cellular card (3G being turned off). The card/ant they installed was defective, I kept telling the guy the thing isn't working and he said it would take a few minutes. 30 min later it still isn't working, I caught him at the gas station up the road, he came back an put another one in and it worked instantly. Now my keypad by my front door is all fucked up. I'm going with one of the local places, I'm getting Bosch. ADT charges me $57 a month! Total horseshit.

Did find out, on my own, that the cheap fuck would built this house wired the doors, but not the windows, so I'm still going to be stuck with wireless sensors on the windows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
DO NOT USE ALDER!!!!!

They suck ass.

felons for installers.
shit equipment
bad customer service
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey, what are folks using for home security systems?
View Quote

FYI (if you haven't already seen it) there is a dedicated home security section in the Armory that may have much more information and discussion...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Safes-andamp-Home-Security/46/
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Simplisafe right now. I’m pretty happy with them so far
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Simplisafe right now. I’m pretty happy with them so far
View Quote

Me too. I love the flexibility of the system and being able to place sensors where I want them. NOT having installers all over my house is also a plus.

That said, I realize its shortcomings. That's why I keep the base station hidden in a cabinet, have security cams from a different company, a fake ADT sign in the front yard, and a Honeywell keypad (non-working) in the main hallway. If someone breaks in expecting a traditional wired system they're in for a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Simplisafe right now. I'm pretty happy with them so far
View Quote
Simple, cheap, flexible.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FYI (if you haven't already seen it) there is a dedicated home security section in the Armory that may have much more information and discussion...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Safes-andamp-Home-Security/46/
View Quote

Everyone, thx for all the replies....that what I'm looking for.
@sbhaven, thx for the push, I didn't look there, I will now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Simple, cheap, flexible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Simplisafe right now. I'm pretty happy with them so far
Simple, cheap, flexible.

That’s why I bought it, nothing is perfect but Simplisafe is pretty close, they have awesome CS too.

That being said I have other security measures in place too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top