Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2024 2:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek]
Released today. Anybody playing?

The first 3 games were legendary (Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, Homeworld 2), but the last one came out 21 years ago - not counting the bugged remastered version that came out in 2015 and didn't include Cataclysm (the best of the series, IMO).

I'll wait for user reviews...I'm afraid it might be a Master of Orion reboot situation (subpar money grab made with a skeleton crew but sold at a premium price).

Currently sitting at 79 on Metacritic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to wait.  I almost bought it but I broke some fingers recently so it's hard enough to type.

Love the Homeworld series!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Never played the other games but I am very curious. I checked out the Steam forums and it seems like the community is very mixed right now.

Was thinking of picking up this or BG3.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I loved the first two. I'll probably pick up 3 at some point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My collector's edition arrived today.  

It's a really good collector's edition.  Comes with a deck of playing cards, some tiny ships, a poster, and a large model mothership that lights up.  It's awesome.  

I keep looking at it and saying "Mothership".   If you know the game you know the voice.

Installing game now.

Got no friends to play it with though.  20 years ago I hosted a Homeworld LAN party and somehow all my friend's motherships ended up with a bunch of cloaked mines layed all around their motherships in a spherical pattern.  Then *somehow* I *accidentally* broke alliance with them.  

They won't play Homeworld with me anymore.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got it and have played a little. Between work and other things I haven't had much time to play.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I might have been interested in this game, but the Steam reviews are not good.  The consensus seems to be that the story sucks, which is not something that's easily fixable.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Game's on sale already.

It looks like the publisher is abandoning the game and all of next year's DLC/updates are being pushed to next month.

It's sitting on my wishlist because I wanted to try it but from what I've researched, even the current 20% off promotion isn't enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Game's on sale already.

It looks like the publisher is abandoning the game and all of next year's DLC/updates are being pushed to next month.

It's sitting on my wishlist because I wanted to try it but from what I've researched, even the current 20% off promotion isn't enough.
View Quote

Yeah.

I might pick it up when it's ~$10, but not before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't played the campaign yet, just some multiplayer battles with my kids.  The game is fucking beautiful.

It is very linear though.  Pretty much like HW2
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I LOVED that game!

Tagging for feedback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top