Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May as well head over to hbi website and order new mag release, saftey selector or delete, grip, and trigger kit.
View Quote

Yup.
.......unless, of course, you prefer 87lb trigger pulls.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bought it. Nice convincing. Worst case in this climate I figure I can breakeven on it. Guns are not depreciating. Now to get some of those mandatory upgrades.

Anyone done a trigger job with shooters element? I fondled a scorp once and the stock trigger was horrific.
View Quote
Just get the HB industries spring kit and spend an hour or two polishing the necessary areas. Did wonders for mine
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Love mine.  Bought it on the military discount plan CZ offers.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56774/E8C14EF8-3769-4A29-9463-F2E5F203273C_jpe-1475480.JPG
View Quote

Love mine. Keep forgetting about the CZ LE deal. I should buy another for that price.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you need just the brace portion or the whole cz stock adapter and the brace?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wondering "where is a tailhook in stock" for my beloved CZ is my contribution to this thread.

Do you need just the brace portion or the whole cz stock adapter and the brace?

I have the SB brace right now. I really like the look of the tailhook/CZ stock setup.
Wanna sell yours when you get it?

Also the regular AK style selector is great. The mini was a hair to short for me to be used the way I wanted.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bought it. Nice convincing. Worst case in this climate I figure I can breakeven on it. Guns are not depreciating. Now to get some of those mandatory upgrades.

Anyone done a trigger job with shooters element? I fondled a scorp once and the stock trigger was horrific.
View Quote
Got the SE trigger job. They installed their trigger, HBI spring kit, and safeties. Any accessories you buy from them they will install if you get the trigger job. It's sweet, highly recommended!
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't do it, go roller delayed.  The recoil on the evo is surprisingly harsh.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I want the micro version
View Quote

You should buy one. Fun to shoot and reliable. Mine is my primary HD gun, loaded with 124 grain Gold Dots. Mods/additions are: HBI trigger spring kit, HBI extended charging handle on the right side (I'm a lefty), HBI extended mag catch, and PA micro red dot sight. I also replaced the faux suppressor with a KAK Micro Flash Can. An Olight Mini-2 Valkyrie is mounted on the right side on a Magpul M-LOK-to-Picatinny adapter.

A lot of guys like to change out the selectors and grips but I am fine with the factory ones.

It will fit in a laptop bag as shown.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
No ragerts!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You will be happy. Do you have a can yet?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Mp5
Kalashnikov 9mm
Scorpion

In that order.  I have them all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not going to read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been answered, but....

I had SE do a trigger job on mine, along with installing their flat trigger and extended mag release, and I installed their elongated charging handle myself. I think it was well worth the money and would do it again. This was early 2018, turn around time was ~10 days from when I mailed my trigger pack off to when I got it back.

As far as mags, I've found the Manticore hybrid mags to be the best functioning ones, though YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Have a scorpion in my cart with a tailhook brace and a bunch of mags. I have a bunch of 9mm pistols, mostly Glocks. Want a long gun incase SHTF/range toy when things calm down. Explain to me why I should not buy this and I should instead put the $1200ish investment into something else, or forever hold your peace.
View Quote

IMO, you'd be happier with a Stribog. The Scorpion's main attraction is low entry cost in a field of some really strong 9mm PCC's. The best 'real' subgun that is affordable is the Stribog, they are much better made guns.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IMO, you'd be happier with a Stribog. The Scorpion's main attraction is low entry cost in a field of some really strong 9mm PCC's. The best 'real' subgun that is affordable is the Stribog, they are much better made guns.
View Quote

I had intended on buying a stribog until I found out mag issues were still occurring as of late. Cracking even on the new updated ones. They just don't seem as reliable.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
For another 500.00, you can get the PTR 9KT.  Far superior than the Scorpion just in terms of recoil impulse control.

Don't get me wrong, the Scorpions are great guns, but they are not 1200.00 great.  I bought mine for 675.00, about 2 years ago, and that was a good price.

Go with the KT.  I promise, you'll love it, and will not regret the extra dough you spent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#16]
They suck. Something COD fanboys fantasize about every night.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I am looking at the B&T APC9 pro instead ??

https://bt-arms.com/products/apc9-pro/

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For another 500.00, you can get the PTR 9KT.  Far superior than the Scorpion just in terms of recoil impulse control.

Don't get me wrong, the Scorpions are great guns, but they are not 1200.00 great.  I bought mine for 675.00, about 2 years ago, and that was a good price.

Go with the KT.  I promise, you'll love it, and will not regret the extra dough you spent.
View Quote

This.

Shot them side by side...no comparison. Now am sitting on 10 MP5 mags and a PDW brace kit waiting to move states before I order it.

Really, all the replies in this thread telling you about the upgrades to the Scorpion that you will need\should tell you everything you need to know.

Does CZ have a plan to update the Scorpion to remedy all the ergo\trigger issues everyone's been reporting for years?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Will the regular scorpion fit in a backpack or should I go micro?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes.

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It always interests me when people buy these vs the Stribog and then put a few hundred bucks into them to make them what they really wanted (safeties that don't chew you up, grips that don't suck, etc.)

MP5 > Stribog > Scorpion > 9mm AR

Blowback PCCs blow. I am interested in the roller delayed stribog, but am invested in the MP5 because..well...they are the best PCC.

And I second the if you don't have a 10.5" 5.56 you are doing this in the wrong order.

View Quote
So where do you rank the 9mm ar built off of cmmg's system?

The MP5 might be a good option, but it has its own issues related to the roller locking system it uses.

Personally, the scorpion is a viable option.  I'd prefer the cmmg setup, but the scorpion provides some benefits of it's own.  

And if you arent shooting FA, the differences arent going to be nearly as obvious.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not sure what the regs are here on arfcom for posting hot links to deals, but impact guns had them for $779 with folding brace, and kygunco had them for 669 plain jane - both OOS currently. Google "reddit gundeals stribog" and you will find plenty of options.

They are easy to add braces to. Going rate is about $700 braceless, but I have seen them for less.
View Quote
We welcome deal postings with hot links.  Just dont knowingly link us to scam deals, please.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I had an SBR'd Scorpion Evo, could never warm up to it, sold it to a friend.  

MP5 is where it's at, worlds smoother then I would go for the AK9 or AK-P.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It always interests me when people buy these vs the Stribog and then put a few hundred bucks into them to make them what they really wanted (safeties that don't chew you up, grips that don't suck, etc.)

MP5 > Stribog > Scorpion > 9mm AR

Blowback PCCs blow. I am interested in the roller delayed stribog, but am invested in the MP5 because..well...they are the best PCC.

And I second the if you don't have a 10.5" 5.56 you are doing this in the wrong order.

View Quote

Blowback is the appropriate operating principle for the 9mm long gun until you get crazy small.  Anything else is just adding complexity and potential failure points in exchange for no useful gain.

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#25]
These threads come up on a regular basis and I say buy it.

Good gun with cheap mags and lots of aftermarket support.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#26]

So, over twice the price of a Scorp, expensive mags, and don’t think there are many 922r parts available if you decide to SBR it.  How is that better than this?

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I’m in the other camp.  Mine is very meh.

I bought the hype but I made the mistake of not shooting it before form 1 the gun and the can.

Then I shot it.....

Now with the investment and the engraving it will be mine and my heirs for decades.

But I wouldn’t do it again.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So, over twice the price of a Scorp, expensive mags, and don’t think there are many 922r parts available if you decide to SBR it.  How is that better than this?

https://i.imgur.com/okFRYaQ.jpg
View Quote

If you're gonna spend too much money and go B&T, there's only one choice:

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#29]
You should definitely get a PCC

I however recommend the MP5 but youll do fine with the CZ as well

I probably use a PCC more than any other rifle I own

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Laughs in MPX.

Not really.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Own two of them, love them. My favorite gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Hovering?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Love my Scorpion. In fact, loved it enough to put a stamp on it. Badass PCCs.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Scorpion for the win.. just submitted my form 1(eform) like 10 min ago to sbr it.. cant wait..
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

My son has the same set up that was just purchased. He did the trigger job and a few other upgrades. The upgrades are worth the price of admission.

Do it.

Also, Speer Gold Dots perform very well out of the firearm.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Got tired of waiting for a good deal on an MPX-K. No regrets.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Scorpion for the win.. just submitted my form 1(eform) like 10 min ago to sbr it.. cant wait..
View Quote
You won't regret it

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I want a scorpion...

Everytime I think about buying it, I remember I really want the PSA MP5...
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Have a scorpion in my cart with a tailhook brace and a bunch of mags. I have a bunch of 9mm pistols, mostly Glocks. Want a long gun incase SHTF/range toy when things calm down. Explain to me why I should not buy this and I should instead put the $1200ish investment into something else, or forever hold your peace.
View Quote

Buy a PTR 9k yuh will be happier in the long run IMO
If you go with the CZ do not shoot someone else’s mp5/clone  
Nothing wrong with the CZ other than the fact at 1200 it’s a lazy design.  At least B&T lube you up before they blowback you
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#40]
I have several guns I barely use and probably wouldn’t have bought if I could rewind the clock. That doesn’t seem like one I’d regret buying though. I say go for it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#41]
It's got a shit ton of Haters but I love it

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#42]
If you put a brand new binary trigger in your brand new scorpion before ever even firing it, don't over tighten the screws on the edge of the receiver cause it will crack.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I want a scorpion...

Everytime I think about buying it, I remember I really want the PSA MP5...
View Quote
Get both?.....
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Friend had his KABOOM on him, so I hesitate to get one now.

Commercial ammo, no handloads. Obviously OOB.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I like my, pretty much stock except the grip and the brace.  I bought a bunch of 35 rd mags from palmetto and have never had a problem with them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#46]
I love mine so much. It's a joy to shoot. I kinda wish it took glock mags. But its sweet.

Magpul grip love it
Trigger spring from ?hbi? FANTASTIC
Trigger shoe from maybe manticore this one is cool but doesn't matter.
Right side safety delete THIS WAS MANDATORY
Tailhook brace. Totally absolutely worth it. Love it.

I want to do the duck bill extended mag release. As a matter of fact I'm going to order now. Lol.

Mine rides in a backpack and is never too far away from me at any given moment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I’ll agree with what others have said. MP5 recoil is nearly zero, and the scorpion is harsh for what it is(9mm). This coming from someone that owns a SBR Scorpion. That said, do I enjoy my scorpion? Yes. It’s fun and versatile. Just don’t shoot a MP5 or you’ll wish you had one instead.

If you do get the scorpion, get the gen 2 windowed cz mags. Also don’t bumpfire it, OOBs happen more than just a little. I can drop the hammer with mine out of battery. I need to see if I can mod the trigger to move that point more forward to eliminate the OOB possibility. Shouldn’t be too terribly difficult but I haven’t had time to mess with it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I got a pistol that I SBR’d. I wouldn’t do it again. It’s a fun novelty item and range toy but wouldn’t get touched in a shtf scenario. It has more recoil than my ARs and I’d much rather grab my 11.5 SBR.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Keep this up and I might be buying a SP5 too just to see the hype.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got a pistol that I SBR’d. I wouldn’t do it again. It’s a fun novelty item and range toy but wouldn’t get touched in a shtf scenario. It has more recoil than my ARs and I’d much rather grab my 11.5 SBR.
View Quote

Speaking of which, any particular 11.5 you'd suggest I look at? Considering an OSS suppressor and a 11.5 AR if I do grab another long gun. Looking at DD/BCM/LMT for now.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top