Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting talk by Sally Paine.

NWC INS Lecture Series -- Lecture 2 "Who Lost the Vietnam War?"
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Another one from the same presenter as above, but over USSR losing the cold war.

NWC INS Lecture Series -- Lecture 3: "Why Russia Lost the Cold War," Sept. 29, 2020.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
High level overview of historical and current capabilities.

NWC Issues in National Security, Lecture 2 "Space and National Security”
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting talk about a plague that I hadn't heard of before.

Pox Romana: The plague that shook the Roman world - Colin Elliott
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Great videos DaGoose thank you!

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Good talk from WW1 up to current.

Sarah C. M. Paine - WW2, Taiwan, Ukraine, & Maritime vs Continental Powers

(0:00:00) - Grand strategy
(0:11:59) - Death ground
(0:23:19) - WW1
(0:39:23) - Writing history
(0:50:25) - Japan in WW2
(0:59:58) - Ukraine
(1:10:50) - Japan/Germany vs Iraq/Afghanistan occupation
(1:21:25) - Chinese invasion of Taiwan
(1:51:26) - Communists & Axis
(2:08:34) - Continental vs maritime powers
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Good discussion around children's education

Strictness Absent Tyranny Leads to a Great Education | Katharine Birbalsingh | EP 458

(0:00) Coming up
(0:17) Intro
(2:41) They protested the opening of a free school
(5:18) By all metrics the Michaela Community School is succeeding
(6:24) Small “c” conservatism and a shared set of cultural values
(11:15) The opposition — who were they?
(15:02) How different wealth classes value education
(18:01) Strictness absent tyranny
(22:13) The Michaela School is not selective: why they hyper-perform
(25:46) “When it comes to children, I think you’re all wrong”
(38:16) Thinking skills cannot be taught in isolation, the backdoor to progressivism
(41:22) Half of state revenue feeds the woke ideology
(43:37) Knowledge is key
(47:38) The libertarian Right, the difference between adults and children
(54:48) Good lecturing, pair work, merits, and demerits
(1:05:53) Creating a group culture: local and national
(1:10:37) The prediction of performance
(1:13:15) Sacrifice for the betterment of the whole
(1:16:42) Adults know better
(1:20:54) Living a life of dignity, happiness, and satisfaction
(1:24:44) Why you want to succeed in school
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Continuing the series.

The Birth of China - The Dawn of Inequality (5000 to 3000 BCE)
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
Good discussion around children's education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0s9kTFE5Y

(0:00) Coming up
(0:17) Intro
(2:41) They protested the opening of a free school
(5:18) By all metrics the Michaela Community School is succeeding
(6:24) Small “c” conservatism and a shared set of cultural values
(11:15) The opposition — who were they?
(15:02) How different wealth classes value education
(18:01) Strictness absent tyranny
(22:13) The Michaela School is not selective: why they hyper-perform
(25:46) “When it comes to children, I think you’re all wrong”
(38:16) Thinking skills cannot be taught in isolation, the backdoor to progressivism
(41:22) Half of state revenue feeds the woke ideology
(43:37) Knowledge is key
(47:38) The libertarian Right, the difference between adults and children
(54:48) Good lecturing, pair work, merits, and demerits
(1:05:53) Creating a group culture: local and national
(1:10:37) The prediction of performance
(1:13:15) Sacrifice for the betterment of the whole
(1:16:42) Adults know better
(1:20:54) Living a life of dignity, happiness, and satisfaction
(1:24:44) Why you want to succeed in school
View Quote

That was an excellent discussion.

She should be the director of Dept of Education!!!

Wish we had her! Bravo!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
TAG
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Couple of short videos on Roman baths and Rome's garbage dump

Rome's Mountain of Ancient Garbage

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By midcap:
It would be really cool to go back in time and just like pop in every month for one day from the start of every civilization to the end. Just to see what happened.

I think mathematically it's actually possible to look into the past because the photons are out there still traveling.

So you would need to bend space/time in order to jump out in front of those photons and observe them

View Quote

You just broke my head.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#14]
May be a game changer if they can actually get it to work well.

Article:  https://news.mit.edu/2024/how-light-can-vaporize-water-without-heat-0423

Short video on it

New MIT Discovery Just Solved Water's BIGGEST Mystery!
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#15]
May be a game changer if they can actually get it to work well.

Article:  https://news.mit.edu/2024/how-light-can-vaporize-water-without-heat-0423

Short video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Y82tJDk2o
View Quote

Really cool, thanks for posting it.     It’s amazing how much we still don’t know about common phenomena, such as Light.    …and Water..
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretty good video with some stories/facts that I hadn't heard before.

How Salt Shaped Civilization: From the Roman Empire to the French Revolution
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Rabbit hole of Medieval information of all types (especially if you follow the links they provide on the page).

https://fakehistoryhunter.net/2019/09/10/medieval-myths-bingo/
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty good presentation on the Green Sahara.

When the Sahara Was Green - Martin Williams
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaGoose] [#19]
I've seen videos on the dodecahedron, but not this theory on what they were used for.

The Enigma of the Roman Dodecahedron is Revealed !
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I've seen videos on the dodecahedron, but not this theory on what they were used for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDgmE3d0aw
View Quote

Oh that's interesting.  

I like the knitting mittens theory, but this one makes more sense.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I don't buy it. The dodec isn't necessary except for picking the wheel.  Too much overhead for something that simple.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

I don't buy it. The dodec isn't necessary except for picking the wheel.  Too much overhead for something that simple.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:

May have been a try at stupid proofing it for soldiers.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Although, not a "scholarly" presentation, this site has a boatload of worthwhile data to consider and I don't find them to be hysterical in the slightest.

This micro-nova hypothesis is worthy of consideration, IMHO.

The Solar Micronova is Going to Happen
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Pretty good presentation on deltaV and the solar system.  The mass driver system they talked about is a new one to me.

Why Physics Favors a Mass Driver Over Heavy Lift Rockets
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty good presentation on deltaV and the solar system.  The mass driver system they talked about is a new one to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjbzuOA2mU
View Quote

This is pretty cool, short and to the point.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Interesting talk about future adaptive optics on the large telescopes in the world.

Entering a New Era of Adaptive Optics with More Powerful Deformable Mirrors - Maria Vincent (IfA/UH)
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#27]
That one triggers me.  We bought the first industrial laser model with a deformable optic that Cincinnati produced and it was the biggest pile of shit.  It couldn't do half of what it was purported to do and needed constant parameter fiddling to do what it could day to day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Good presentation on Russia and nukes in space.  The EMP section is interesting as it's longer lasting than on the ground.

Lecture of Opportunity - Is Russia Nuking Space?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:50:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaGoose] [#29]
Pretty good discussion around the topic.

How close was Rome to an Industrial Revolution? DOCUMENTARY

Timestamps:
00:00:00 I. Intro
00:03:59 I.A) Fallacy of Tech Trees
00:08:27 I.B) Dynamic Model of History
00:16:06 1.C) The Industrial Revolution
00:20:20 II. Were the Conditions Right?
00:24:19 II.A) Poltical Stability
00:30:26 II.B) Agricultural Surplus
00:38:15 II.C) Water
00:43:05 II.D) Natural Resources
00:48:20 II.E) World Views
00:55:38 III. Roman Industrialization
00:56:23 III.A) Human/Animal Power
01:00:16 III.B) Solar Power
01:03:19 III.C) Geothermal Power
01:05:03 III.D) Hyrdo Power
01:08:57 III.E) Fire Power
01:12:03 III.F) Steam Power
01:20:19 III.G) Mettalurgy
01:24:50 III.H) Steel
01:30:28 III.I) Glass
01:34:50 III.J) Roman Concrete
01:39:03 III.K) Machinery
01:47:03 III.L) Mass Production
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjbzuOA2mU

I'll need to watch it, not that there aren't hundreds of interesting links in this one thread.  Jeez, reminds me of my Steam folder.

I'd thought mass drivers would be great for building things out of lunar regolith.  Power with solar (or work out the heat issues with nuclear on the Moon), and just start lobbing chunks of stuff for von Neumann machines to turn into habitats.  Or mirrors.  Imagine the mirrors you can get in lunar orbit.

Still think a beanstalk might be possible here, but who am I kidding, really?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#31]
Pretty good discussion around the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJfU6s5xj8Q

Timestamps:
00:00:00 I. Intro
00:03:59 I.A) Fallacy of Tech Trees
00:08:27 I.B) Dynamic Model of History
00:16:06 1.C) The Industrial Revolution
00:20:20 II. Were the Conditions Right?
00:24:19 II.A) Poltical Stability
00:30:26 II.B) Agricultural Surplus
00:38:15 II.C) Water
00:43:05 II.D) Natural Resources
00:48:20 II.E) World Views
00:55:38 III. Roman Industrialization
00:56:23 III.A) Human/Animal Power
01:00:16 III.B) Solar Power
01:03:19 III.C) Geothermal Power
01:05:03 III.D) Hyrdo Power
01:08:57 III.E) Fire Power
01:12:03 III.F) Steam Power
01:20:19 III.G) Mettalurgy
01:24:50 III.H) Steel
01:30:28 III.I) Glass
01:34:50 III.J) Roman Concrete
01:39:03 III.K) Machinery
01:47:03 III.L) Mass Production
View Quote

Solidly very Meh video. They do a bunch of handwaving and miss tons of actual reasons it didn't happen.

Rome didn't industrialize because they needed something to keep the slaves busy. Busy slaves are not-revolting slaves. The industrial revolution was partly predicated on labor shortages caused by the black death, which led to alot of social reorganization, and "labor saving" devices along with things like mass literacy were pre-requisites that basically didn't exist in Rome which in various ways had the opposite problems. Alot of the "labor saving" technology can be seen in the earlier agricultural revolution, along with faster spread of ideas due to mass literacy.

Also the whole "accumulated knowledge thing, "development time" thing is a total cop-out on their part. It belies a lack of their own knowledge about how things were done then and "WHY", and why things change 1600 years later and "how". Most of thats known, and its in general a really bad argument. Roman agriculture was fine the way it was and it served to keep the slaves busy which was as much of its social role as was actually growing the food. "Techniques familiar to 19th-century CE European farmers were used effectively by the Romans, such as crop rotation, pruning, grafting, seed selection, drainage, irrigation, and manuring." So like, they are obviously wrong in that regard.

And then they totally lose the plot halfway through by comparing pre-industrial Rome to actual highly advanced industrial processes. Like lol, yeah no shit the Bessemer process was a big deal, and no of course Rome didn't have that, but neither did anyone else until MUCH later in the industrial revolution, due the huge demand for more and higher quality steel, which mean huge investments in that. Rome was again, in the same place more or less as pre-industrial Europe when it came to steel making, but again, there was no major driver to produce more steel like say railroads, so it stayed like it was.

Honestly I think the one thing that could have kicked off an industrial-ish revolution in Rome would have been the use of steam for actual motive power. Obviously no one actually made that mental leap, but they had all the pre-requisite tech. Had they built a either a steam powered train or boat, the powers that be would have funneled tons of wealth into that development much like the actual industrial revolution, because the military value of either a train or ship would have been immediately recognized. And as the video mentioned they more or less had all the other pre-reqs.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Solidly very Meh video. They do a bunch of handwaving and miss tons of actual reasons it didn't happen.

Rome didn't industrialize because they needed something to keep the slaves busy. Busy slaves are not-revolting slaves. The industrial revolution was partly predicated on labor shortages caused by the black death, which led to alot of social reorganization, and "labor saving" devices along with things like mass literacy were pre-requisites that basically didn't exist in Rome which in various ways had the opposite problems. Alot of the "labor saving" technology can be seen in the earlier agricultural revolution, along with faster spread of ideas due to mass literacy.

Also the whole "accumulated knowledge thing, "development time" thing is a total cop-out on their part. It belies a lack of their own knowledge about how things were done then and "WHY", and why things change 1600 years later and "how". Most of thats known, and its in general a really bad argument. Roman agriculture was fine the way it was and it served to keep the slaves busy which was as much of its social role as was actually growing the food. "Techniques familiar to 19th-century CE European farmers were used effectively by the Romans, such as crop rotation, pruning, grafting, seed selection, drainage, irrigation, and manuring." So like, they are obviously wrong in that regard.

And then they totally lose the plot halfway through by comparing pre-industrial Rome to actual highly advanced industrial processes. Like lol, yeah no shit the Bessemer process was a big deal, and no of course Rome didn't have that, but neither did anyone else until MUCH later in the industrial revolution, due the huge demand for more and higher quality steel, which mean huge investments in that. Rome was again, in the same place more or less as pre-industrial Europe when it came to steel making, but again, there was no major driver to produce more steel like say railroads, so it stayed like it was.

Honestly I think the one thing that could have kicked off an industrial-ish revolution in Rome would have been the use of steam for actual motive power. Obviously no one actually made that mental leap, but they had all the pre-requisite tech. Had they built a either a steam powered train or boat, the powers that be would have funneled tons of wealth into that development much like the actual industrial revolution, because the military value of either a train or ship would have been immediately recognized. And as the video mentioned they more or less had all the other pre-reqs.
View Quote

If they wanted to keep slaves busy, then they wouldn't have created any of their water powered mills (lumber, marble cutting, etc) as they could have had slaves do the work.

I think the accumulated knowledge thing was a big part of the reason, but it was more than just accumulated technical knowledge.

They covered that the Roman period (assuming they are talking Western Roman Empire, so 625 BC to 476 AD) had a large amount of disruptions/change in the rulers/ruling class compared to the pretty orderly English monarchy.  This would have created a no so great atmosphere to create new inventions.

The Roman laws were a mess during that period and Justinian I was the first that cleaned it up in his reign as emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire (527 AD to 565 AD) by creating the Justinian Code which lasted until the end of the Eastern Roman Empire.  Patent laws weren't a thing either until the Italian Renaissance in the mid 1400s.  The English have one of the longest running patent office which started in the mid 1400s.  This would have given a leg up to inventors to actually put their inventions out in public versus the hiding the methods/techniques by the medieval guilds.

I think the Renaissance had to occur in Europe before there would have been a chance of a true industrial revolution.  Too many things came out of it that was useful during the industrial revolution and I don't know if you could leapfrogged to the industrial revolution without it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#33]

If they wanted to keep slaves busy, then they wouldn't have created any of their water powered mills (lumber, marble cutting, etc) as they could have had slaves do the work.

I think the accumulated knowledge thing was a big part of the reason, but it was more than just accumulated technical knowledge.

They covered that the Roman period (assuming they are talking Western Roman Empire, so 625 BC to 476 AD) had a large amount of disruptions/change in the rulers/ruling class compared to the pretty orderly English monarchy.  This would have created a no so great atmosphere to create new inventions.

The Roman laws were a mess during that period and Justinian I was the first that cleaned it up in his reign as emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire (527 AD to 565 AD) by creating the Justinian Code which lasted until the end of the Eastern Roman Empire.  Patent laws weren't a thing either until the Italian Renaissance in the mid 1400s.  The English have one of the longest running patent office which started in the mid 1400s.  This would have given a leg up to inventors to actually put their inventions out in public versus the hiding the methods/techniques by the medieval guilds.

I think the Renaissance had to occur in Europe before there would have been a chance of a true industrial revolution.  Too many things came out of it that was useful during the industrial revolution and I don't know if you could leapfrogged to the industrial revolution without it.
View Quote

I mean, slaves were a fungible commodity, so if you didn't have to use them for one thing you could use them for other things, those mills/wheels etc all used slave labor, just not as a power source.

I half agree that the disruptions were problematic, but big picture wise constant wars/instability in Europe is what drove military/technological advancements there that enabled Europe to become the superpower/colonizer of the world, so IMO it has both up and downsides.

Patent law is a big thing, and the romans lacked it, along with mass literacy and not so great social mobility. For this reason I think if something that "looked like" the industrial revolution started to happen there, it would have taken overall much longer than the 100 or so years in the modern west. But instead of patents they absolutely had guilds and trade secrets, so they did have a working system of "idea protection" it just slowed down transmission of ideas rather than speed them up.

I mean a good part of the Renaissance was re-discovering the old Greek/roman world through manuscripts and then building on what they had found. Like the Romans had a pretty good understanding of physics back then, and while their math lagged some, they had rudimentary algebra as well, though not what it would later become, so I can give the accumulated knowledge thing some credit there. But as I said, had someone actually put together a train/boat powered by steam, boom, they would have figured shit out eventually since non animal powered military machines are a huge advantage. But I do think a Roman "industrial age" would have looked quite different from our own and would have been slower overall.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Think I may have linked a few of these before.

How Ancient Romans Made Perfectly Straight & Durable Roads, Concrete Better Than Ours, & Much More

0:00 How Did the Ancient Romans Manage to Build Perfectly Straight, Ultra Durable Roads?
17:35 What was It Really Like to Be a Slave in Ancient Rome?
31:14 How Did the Ancient Romans Make Concrete So Much Better Than Ours?
41:42 Were the Ancient Romans Really Wildly Debauched or Actually Prudes
53:45 Did Gladiators Really Live or Die Based on Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down by the Audience?
1:04:24 That Time a Farmer was Given Ultimate Power Twice and Changed the World By Walking Away Both
1:14:55 Fact From Fiction: What Really Happened on the Ides of March?
1:37:03 The Chickens That Decided Ancient Rome’s Major Events and Shaped World History
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#36]
The latest OP title is wrong.  Although the Romans made good concrete for their time, it was nowhere near as good as modern 'crete.  Just wasn't. We have a much better understanding of concrete, much tighter quality control, and additives that they had no clue about.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#37]
This film details the research and development, and the manufacture of the petroleum pipelines laid under the English Channel and deployed after the Allies' D-Day landings. The footage showing how it was all done is absolutely fascinating.
Here's a portion of the PeriscopeFilm description of the film:
This film "Job 99 PLUTO", subtitled "The Development and Production of the Hamel Pipelines by Stewarts and Lloyds Ltd," is a black-and-white movie from 1944, detailing the production of the Hamel steel pipelines used during Britain's World War II PLUTO (Pipe Line Under The Ocean) Project to deliver petrol to the invasion coast in France. Devised by Admiral Lord General Louis Mountbatten, the project contributed to the success of D-Day. This film features rare footage from the interior of the factory in Corby and the shipyards of Tilbury Harbor as well as Normandy.
View Quote
PeriscopeFilm: "JOB 99 PLUTO " OPERATION PLUTO - PIPELINE UNDER THE OCEAN - GAS FOR D-DAY INVASION 1944 XD60954
" JOB 99 PLUTO " OPERATION PLUTO - PIPELINE UNDER THE OCEAN - GAS FOR D-DAY INVASION 1944 XD60954

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
The latest OP title is wrong.  Although the Romans made good concrete for their time, it was nowhere near as good as modern 'crete.  Just wasn't. We have a much better understanding of concrete, much tighter quality control, and additives that they had no clue about.
View Quote

Guess we will see in 2,000 years if we have any still around.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
This film details the research and development, and the manufacture of the petroleum pipelines laid under the English Channel and deployed after the Allies' D-Day landings. The footage showing how it was all done is absolutely fascinating.
PeriscopeFilm: "JOB 99 PLUTO " OPERATION PLUTO - PIPELINE UNDER THE OCEAN - GAS FOR D-DAY INVASION 1944 XD60954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIYS_9EI5j0
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
This film "Job 99 PLUTO", subtitled "The Development and Production of the Hamel Pipelines by Stewarts and Lloyds Ltd," is a black-and-white movie from 1944, detailing the production of the Hamel steel pipelines used during Britain's World War II PLUTO (Pipe Line Under The Ocean) Project to deliver petrol to the invasion coast in France. Devised by Admiral Lord General Louis Mountbatten, the project contributed to the success of D-Day. This film features rare footage from the interior of the factory in Corby and the shipyards of Tilbury Harbor as well as Normandy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIYS_9EI5j0

That was a good film.  Reminds me of the transatlantic telegraph wires that were laid in the 1800s.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By brass:

I think the printing press had a much larger effect on the world than just (most often mentioned) religion.   Everything changed and information was shared at scales never conceivable in the days of scribes.  

Education and knowledge of what they need education about is a top item.  Prior to that it was church and the people around them deciding what is next.   Then the "liberal" read papers from other towns/countries .  So there is a line between "conservative" and "liberal" there somewhere, but today's groups using those descriptions are nudged so far left from what "conservative beliefs" meant it isn't even funny.   I prefer portions of the more 'carefree ideas' of the past like sharing of information but that doesn't mean it's unlimited acceptance of everything, while others insist it is all or nothing (on both sides).

View Quote

I 100% agree with this assertion. Plus European social mobility. There were always plenty of "smart" people, but not having to start with square one all the time in the pre-book era for most people was a huge social advance. Like "peasant" Einstein's existed and could work their way up once they had access to at least some books. But in Rome knowledge dissemination was basically the guild system or scholarly patronage by the rich, which is vastly less efficient.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Another video on 1177 BCE collapse.  He goes over a few other things that I didn't see covered in the earlier videos that I posted.

After 1177 BCE: The Survival of Civilizations
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#42]
A.D. Anno Domino-in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ

To hell with this BCE bullshit
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mY8jlyE3M

0:00 How Did the Ancient Romans Manage to Build Perfectly Straight, Ultra Durable Roads?
53:45 Did Gladiators Really Live or Die Based on Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down by the Audience?
1:04:24 That Time a Farmer was Given Ultimate Power Twice and Changed the World By Walking Away Both
1:37:03 The Chickens That Decided Ancient Rome’s Major Events and Shaped World History
View Quote

That host is so fucking annoying.

He hosts several such shows and he's been wrong on so many, I couldn't begin to list them.

No offense intended.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Another video on 536 AD.

536 AD: How Did Humanity Survive The Worst Year In History?
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

He hosts several such shows and he's been wrong on so many, I couldn't begin to list them.

No offense intended.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mY8jlyE3M

No offense intended.

Yeah, I watched another one this morning from him and gave up after 20 minutes as he actually hadn't gotten to any information yet.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: st0newall] [#47]
this is a chameleon thread. it keeps changing its post title and its not clear with is going on here with a bunch of weird vids. is it a sort of end-time or apocalyptic thread?
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By st0newall:
this is a chameleon thread. it keeps changing its post title and its not clear with is going on here with a bunch of weird vids. is it a sort of end-time or apocalyptic thread?
View Quote

Random videos.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Follow up to the 535 AD video and a tie in with the Antonine Plague.

How This Mega Volcano Caused A Deadly Plague That Swept The Roman Empire
Link Posted: Today 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Pretty interesting take on it.

The 4 Religions Fighting over America

Mouse Utopia Video.

How Degeneracy will kill Civilization
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top