Page / 5
Posted: 2/2/2019 3:12:49 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

oh, and f@%k the retarded environmentalists

oh, and while at it, f@%k the retarded commie democrats

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one when I lived out in the sticks, but I have weekly trash pickup now, so...
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
so you're the asshole stinking up the nieghborhood
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of ash and CO2 and water vapor, their trash all gets buried for future generations.

ETA - username is extremely appropriate.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Appropriate username.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
username checks out
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I never liked burning my trash when within a mile of neighbors. I didn't want to be an asshole, but I guess if you don't have neighbors, carry on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Because burning trash is gross as shit, fucky to breath, and not necessary.

I don't live in a city, but since my closest neighbors don't want to breath those fumes, nor I theirs, I choose to be a good neighbor instead of an asshole.

Even the less shitty of the 3rd world countries have garbage trucks.

You've been breathing garbage fumes if you think that the proper way to react to environmentalist overreach is burning trash.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep your pollution on your own property.

Burning trash is in the top 5 trashiest things a person can do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a shredder, 0/10 for weak rant.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I put the things in the can.  The truck takes the things in the can away.  I put the things in the can again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont need a burn barrel because I have a job and can afford trash pick up.

OP is obviously a hobo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never liked burning my trash when within a mile of neighbors. I didn't want to be an asshole, but I guess if you don't have neighbors, carry on.
View Quote
It doesn't take much of it to stink up a whole valley on the right day.

The idiots around here that burn trash like to wait until it's raining, with plenty of humidity, to ensure the shit just hangs in the air for miles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The wind took down a good portion of a tree on the front yard.   We have a big front yard.   We used to call the fire department to make sure that it was ok to burn downed tree limbs out there.    Now we just do it.   Plus the neighbors tend to bring over what ever they want to throw on the pile.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I dont need a burn barrel because I have a job and can afford trash pick up.

OP is obviously a hobo.
View Quote
I just run mine to the landfill as needed. a full dump trailer of construction debris only costs like $20 to drop off, I usually just empty my trash cans right into the load before I go.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I put the things in the can.  The truck takes the things in the can away.  I put the things in the can again.
View Quote
Are you a wizard?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe it’s a north vs south thing, but it never would’ve even occurred to me to take the time and effort to burn my garbage instead of just putting it in the trash bin like everyone else
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I just burn boxes and paper trash. Shrug
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#19]
OP is nasty.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe it’s a north vs south thing, but it never would’ve even occurred to me to take the time and effort to burn my garbage instead of just putting it in the trash bin like everyone else
View Quote
One of my duties each week on the farm was to burn the trash, not a fun job. Probably why I'm so short.

A few times a year the pile would get buried.

When I moved into my apartment and the trash got picked up every week I didn't even know what to do with myself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#21]
There is this magical vehicle called a garbage truck. You pay a fixed monthly fee, and the garbage truck takes care of everything for you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
We have 3 burn barrels. We used them when we first moved to the country. Found out quick not to put baby diapers in them. They put the fire out. We have a weekly trash pick up now for $36 a month. Our neighbors burn trash up wind of us and all the plastics smell and other stuff set off my kids asthma like crazy. We still burn cardboard and some other stuff. But, pretty much stopped the burn barrel thing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
City folks use a garbage pickup service.  Not really beyond comprehension..

I burn burnable stuff.  I used to burn plastic indiscriminately but finally wised up and decided my little burn barrel isn't getting nearly hot enough to safely incinerate the nasty chemicals before they can make it into my lungs.

Metals that are worth anything, I store up to take to recycler.  Brass, copper, aluminum...

Steel, tin, scrap metal, glass etc I take to a local recycler who doesn't pay shit... but he's about a mile from my house so meh.  Convenient.

Organic stuff I throw out in the field. It can compost out there for all I care.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#24]
By “city folks” you mean people with indoor plumbing, right?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Pic of Iggy1337 after the enviro nazis caught me burning stuff in abarrel

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I hate that smell. I have one, but only burn paper cardboard and scrap wood in it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#28]
We burned our trash when I was a kid.  It was my job.  Fun times...with random aerosol cans blowing up.  Damn sisters.

No can do where I live now, but no need.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#29]
In Austin they compost spaghetti and old hot dog buns, among many other organically based products. Required for restaurants.

Zero waste program. Can’t wait to see the size of the rats at the composting site.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
tsk tsk fire season and no screen on the barrel
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]
The city comes by every week and picks up my trash. I know I pay for it but its not expensive enough for me to even know how much it costs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#32]
OP is burning tires and asbestos.    Nice.

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a chiminea in my backyard. I use it to burn old statements and other documents.

Other than that I have a trash can.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Paper? Wood? Cool.

Trash? Garbage? Uncool.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#36]
OP probably lives in a pink house too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I burn certain trash items.  However I've seen plenty of ignorant people burn stuff that forms dioxins......within feet of their shallow bored Wells too.  Burn as hot as you can and watch what you burn and it's not a problem.

A little environmental conscious might keep ya from poisoning yourself
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#38]
In some places (Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, and other cool places) it's the only option they have.  The rest of us don't burn it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The idiots around here that burn trash like to wait until it's raining, with plenty of humidity, to ensure the shit just hangs in the air for miles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus they burn plastic which usually ends up smoldering for hours. My nieghbor used to burn his shit. He'd be at his camp all and stop by to burn his trash. His shit was smoldering so bad one night /I filled his burm barrel with water.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Popular topic lately.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty common in rural WI where there isn't garbage pickup.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm with ya OP.  We burn our trash as well.  The folks complaining about the smell sound like the same ones that move to the country and then bitch when they get a whiff of the hog farm they willfully moved next to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Who says this city dweller doesn't have one?

Them hookers ain't gonna burn themselves.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm with ya OP.  We burn our trash as well.  The folks complaining about the smell sound like the same ones that move to the country and then bitch when they get a whiff of the hog farm they willfully moved next to.
View Quote
Why do you feel you have a right to send your toxins over to your neighbors?

The smell off a farm isn't harmful an any way, it's just stinky, the stink that comes along with trash smoke is pure poison.

Also, from the looks of things, it's illegal to burn trash in your state.

Edit: According the the internet is also illegal in GA.

Is there any states where it is even still legal to burn household waste?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I can tell you that a full can of WD40 makes a big kaboom and sends burning trash all over grandpas back yard.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a garbage can like sophisticated people
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Tractor tires are my favorite.

They go on for days.

If the Indians had tractor tires they could have sent smoke signals nonstop for damn near a week.

Tractor tires do have a pungent odor unless you mix them with a lot of old Roundup and Diazinon plastic jugs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
If my neighbors can fly a drone over my property against my wishes, then I can damn sure fly my trash smoke over theirs.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I live in town and have a burn barrel but only for branches.  I've got a hook-up that makes my trash go away like magic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If my neighbors can fly a drone over my property against my wishes, then I can damn sure fly my trash smoke over theirs.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the drone hurting you, vs sending a cloud of toxins over to them?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top