Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2024 11:50:03 PM EDT
I usually use the plastic C shaped dental flossers to clean my teeth.  I ran out and am also trying to explain to my kid how important is to get that crap out of his gums.

Whipped out an old roll of Colgate mint floss and I can not, for the life of me, jam two fingers in my mouth and scrape my back molars with this piece of
0lb fishing line.  There just isn't enough room.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't ask me, I can't make floss alone work either.  I use one of these instead of the C-shaped picks, actually makes it easier to get the back teeth.  Probably less wasteful than the C-shaped picks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

QFT. I have these and use them pretty much after every meal. My twice a year cleanings last about 20 minds and my dentist raves about how great my teeth are because I take good care of them.

I can't get my fingers in the back of my mouth either, so the tool Is the lifesaver.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Noname:

This was pretty common...
View Quote

How about a warning next time, lover of foul mouths?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I love satin dental tape. Hate the C things… the floss always breaks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Long_Live_Don] [#7]
Personally hate normal floss and the dental picks, I like care one dental tape. Doesn't snag and gets all the junk out, no problem. With the picks I tend to have trouble getting in between my back teeth for some reason
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Glide every night before I brush for the last time and hit the rack.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Water picks were popular. Still are for people who don’t floss.  There are even options to have it on your shower head.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
...I can not, for the life of me, jam two fingers in my mouth...
View Quote

The people of the world are very thankful that you're not a proctologist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
I usually use the plastic C shaped dental flossers to clean my teeth.  I ran out and am also trying to explain to my kid how important is to get that crap out of his gums.

Whipped out an old roll of Colgate mint floss and I can not, for the life of me, jam two fingers in my mouth and scrape my back molars with this piece of
0lb fishing line.  There just isn't enough room.
View Quote

You and me both!
But having all 32 teeth at my age of 68 is worth the trouble though...
I have been using these things (or similar) for years:

Amazon Product
  • Kind Tips: we have chosen a relatively soft material for preventing your teeth from being hurt; You can use your tongue to push up the dental floss, so that the dental floss holder will not be deformed, and your teeth will not be hurt

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
I love satin dental tape. Hate the C things… the floss always breaks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Flossers are cave man. Water flosser is supreme.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
They taught us to floss when we were kids, instead of CRT and new gender theory. So as a result, we can do simple things like floss our teeth without buying extra accessories from China.

That's how it worked before plastic dental flossers.

Hands are not larger, and mouths are certainly not smaller.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Disposable flossers and butt wet wipes. Don't know how I lived without them in the olden days.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#16]
What kind of kielbasa fingers do you people have that you can’t floss with floss, the way God intended?  I hate those little plastic flossers. They just seem to end up as disgusting litter on sidewalks and in parking lots. Or on my floor from my kids not throwing them away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Like posted above, get the the reloadable ones. Make flossing easy, and you are tossing pounds of plastic into the garbage every year.

The dentist told me that flossing is more important than brushing for long term tooth health (but both are still important) and he sees so many people with problems that could have been avoided if they had flossed regularly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Cypselus:
What kind of kielbasa fingers do you people have that you can’t floss with floss, the way God intended?  I hate those little plastic flossers. They just seem to end up as disgusting litter on sidewalks and in parking lots. Or on my floor from my kids not throwing them away.
View Quote

I honestly don't know how anyone does it effectively. I have all my wisdom teeth so getting the back molars is near impossible. The little Y shaped stick things that you can put floss on make it a 30 second job, otherwise it would take me forever.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:
They taught us to floss when we were kids, instead of CRT and new gender theory. So as a result, we can do simple things like floss our teeth without buying extra accessories from China.

That's how it worked before plastic dental flossers.

Hands are not larger, and mouths are certainly not smaller.
View Quote

We can build houses with hand saws and hammers too, doesn't mean it's the most efficient way now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Number_Six] [#21]
Instead of floss, a lot more expensive, ($15 for 40) but they are resusable, until the tip breaks off from metal fatigue.
Pipe cleaners with a plastic handle.  Different sizes to fit the gap in your teeth.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Cypselus:
View Quote

You noticed that too. Why do they end up everywhere? Do people just toss them on the ground?  I see them in many places I would not expect them to be.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Flossers suck, but I have yet to find the tier 1 dental floss that doesn't get shredded going into narrow gaps between teeth or getting stuck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BombCrater:

You noticed that too. Why do they end up everywhere? Do people just toss them on the ground?  I see them in many places I would not expect them to be.
View Quote

It's because people are selfish inconsiderate piece of shit slobs,same as cigarette butts.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:
Water picks were popular. Still are for people who don’t floss.  There are even options to have it on your shower head.
View Quote

Tell me more?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Come to think of it, women starting shaving about the same time plastic dental floss became popular.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Flossers suck, but I have yet to find the tier 1 dental floss that doesn't get shredded going into narrow gaps between teeth or getting stuck.
View Quote

Oral B Glide in the grey box doesn't get stuck or shred like others do. It is more fragile though so when it breaks it just breaks.

I have problems with stranded floss as well and it's a pain when it shreds and get jammed in between teeth.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#28]
Costco has the Waterpik Ultra Plus and Cordless Pearl Water Flosser Combo Pack on sale right now for $59.99.
https://www.costco.com/waterpik-ultra-plus-and-cordless-pearl-water-flosser-combo-pack.product.4000112236.html

Picked one up at my local Costco warehouse to replace a decade plus old Waterpik flosser WP-100 tank that finally gave up the ghost. Had replace the stupid hose and handle several times over the years on that old Waterpik tank.

Like others, prior to using plackers style dental flossers, I used a tool that used floss string for ages. Never could properly use the floss string on my fingers to floss.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Oral B Glide in the grey box doesn't get stuck or shred like others do. It is more fragile though so when it breaks it just breaks.

I have problems with stranded floss as well and it's a pain when it shreds and get jammed in between teeth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

+1 for Glide floss.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the Reach brand. Have big hands and a small mouth, never any issues. Just gotta wrap it around both index fingers several times to get it taught.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top