Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2021 6:59:02 PM EDT
I’m not a fan of online ordering and don’t use it if I don’t have to but I have noticed something with it. With all the covid “contactless” ordering and such many places if you order online they require you to pay online too. Then they just set the completed orders on tables or shelves for people to self-serve and grab their orders and go.

I wonder how many people just stroll on, grab a random bag, and go enjoy a free dinner?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard 87 thrown out there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No different than stealing from a grocery store. You are walking out the door with something you didn't pay for. The cameras probably have a good picture.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Panera said it happens multiple times per day, they just make a new bag when a customer complains their stuff isn't ready.

Malicious intent or stupidity, I wouldn't bet either way.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No different than stealing from a grocery store. You are walking out the door with something you didn't pay for. The cameras probably have a good picture.
View Quote
Unless they can actually ID you from the camera I imagine it'd be quite difficult to prove you weren't just picking up your own order.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I do it three to four times a week.
I know its wrong but I only take the ones labeled sushi tacos. I just love eating out I guess.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I stop in Jersey mikes and if there is a sandwich in the space.....well you know
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I grew up with a guy and worked at the same company with him. I truly don't remember him ever buying very many groceries. Now keep in mind this was about 30 years ago
before cameras became in widespread use.

This dude would go to Chili's, Bennigan's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's and other places, be seated, order his meal, eat most of it, and ask for the remainder to be put in a "doggie bag" to be taken home.
As soon as the waiter went to the kitchen, he simply walked out without paying.

McDonald's was also a favorite mark of his. He would hit a drive-thru, time it right, and pull in front of a car who was paying for their food, pull up to the next window, grab "his" food, and drive off.

I know this to be true because he lived next door to me in the same duplex.

He never got caught.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know its wrong but I only take the ones labeled sushi tacos. I just love eating out I guess.
View Quote

Le fuk......
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Le fuk......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Le fuk......

Le joke.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Le fuk......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Le fuk......

Then again, he may very well be serious.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Poor people food

Yeah they just margin in the theft
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I grew up with a guy and worked at the same company with him. I truly don't remember him ever buying very many groceries. Now keep in mind this was about 30 years ago
before cameras became in widespread use.

This dude would go to Chili's, Bennigan's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's and other places, be seated, order his meal, eat most of it, and ask for the remainder to be put in a "doggie bag" to be taken home.
As soon as the waiter went to the kitchen, he simply walked out without paying.

McDonald's was also a favorite mark of his. He would hit a drive-thru, time it right, and pull in front of a car who was paying for their food, pull up to the next window, grab "his" food, and drive off.

I know this to be true because he lived next door to me in the same duplex.

He never got caught.
View Quote

A previous boss fired a guy because he stiffed the Chinese buffett by stepping outside to "take a phone call" when everyone else went to get dessert, then he'd climb in the van with the group. We told the boss that's how he acted every week, so the boss tagged along the next week. He couldn't show his receipt, so he got to pack his shit.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in a nice area with good demographics.  Hard to imagine it happens here with any frequency.  Especially considering pretty much every takeout place leaves your stuff out.

In areas where gas station clerks are behind bulletproof glass, I'm sure they have a different pickup procedure
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live in a nice area with good demographics.  Hard to imagine it happens here with any frequency.  Especially considering pretty much every takeout place leaves your stuff out.

In areas where gas station clerks are behind bulletproof glass, I'm sure they have a different pickup procedure
View Quote

A healthy portion of the middle class are super trashy
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't live in the ghetto so none.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#17]
You dont steal drinks at starbucks?!?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#18]
People stealing from Asian restaurants are taking their life in their hands. Asians don't tolerate theft.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This one doesn’t make sense to me. How exactly do you cut line between the first and second windows that are 20 feet apart to steal someone’s food?

And doing it once seems unlikely, but on a regular basis? There’s no way that doesn’t get noticed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This one doesn’t make sense to me. How exactly do you cut line between the first and second windows that are 20 feet apart to steal someone’s food?

And doing it once seems unlikely, but on a regular basis? There’s no way that doesn’t get noticed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two windows are more like 35 feet apart. He had to make sure no other cars were in line, according to what he told us.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I imagine not that much really.  I bet shrink loss due to screw-ups is probably worse.

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Once we waiting at the Hardee’s drivethru for at least 20 minutes. When our food was finally ready they handed it to us and we left. They never took our money. I felt bad about it when I realized it but I figured it was their way of saying sorry for being so incompetent. One simply cannot find a slower or less reliable drivethru than Hardee’s. It’s like you have to prove you can fuck up an order to work at Hardee’s.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Fire house subs moved the pick up rack by the door to the back. Guess this went missing often.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Only had one of my meals go missing and it was at Jersey Mike's where they just set the order out. I get something to go by placing the order and paying ahead maybe once a week or every other week from various places.

They probably weigh it vs having to pay somebody to hand everybody the order water they request it and figure they come out ahead compared to how infrequently it happens.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.  The theives still wear face masks here while jacking to go orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top