Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 1:01:38 PM EDT
Kids are young and my old full size ten pump was just too big to properly shoulder. I looked for the shortest LOP BB gun and found this Daisy Buck about a year ago. A wile back PSA had the Truglo on sale so I grabbed one for fun and shenanigans. I was going to weld pic rail but only found cheap aluminum so that got bolted on with one half using the stock screw.

Bad thing is the low power makes it more dangerous in a way. Damn bb’s will bounce off cans sometimes.
Attachment Attached File

Knife added for the grownups.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently refreshed the springs/seals on an old silver streak. Shoots more accurately and the fps increased.

Maybe you can find a similar kit to refresh the old gal.

Looking great though!

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That's kinda cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The Daisy Buck is the BB gun I started my boys on when they were little. Their first rifles. I was going to start them on a Red Ryder but the Buck was smaller and fit them better.

I haven’t told them but I still have those old Bucks stored away. Someday I’ll surprise them with their old rifles for Christmas or something.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Smashy:
The Daisy Buck is the BB gun I started my boys on when they were little. Their first rifles. I was going to start them on a Red Ryder but the Buck was smaller and fit them better.

I haven’t told them but I still have those old Bucks stored away. Someday I’ll surprise them with their old rifles for Christmas or something.
View Quote

That would actually be pretty cool to do.

Today it’s just me and the boys and we are having a great time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Axehund:

View Quote
Nice Bark River.  Bravo 2?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]

That would actually be pretty cool to do.

Today it’s just me and the boys and we are having a great time.
View Quote

It was like that for us for a long time, lost my wife when they were little and raised them myself. Now they’ve both been in the military, one is going to school at NYU and the other is staying with me for now until he moves to start at OSU in the fall. It goes by fast.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Nice Bark River.  Bravo 2?
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I discovered a trick years ago. Not useful on bb guns, more for pellet rifles. If you grease your pellets they can break the sound barrier. Sounds like a 22.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Kids are young and my old full size ten pump was just too big to properly shoulder. I looked for the shortest LOP BB gun and found this Daisy Buck about a year ago. A wile back PSA had the Truglo on sale so I grabbed one for fun and shenanigans. I was going to weld pic rail but only found cheap aluminum so that got bolted on with one half using the stock screw.

Bad thing is the low power makes it more dangerous in a way. Damn bb's will bounce off cans sometimes.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522246/IMG_0475_jpeg-3205284.JPG

View Quote
I like the knife!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Bark River yaaaaa. Can't wait to get my Kitsune in. Stoked about the Canoe release, too!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
There is an extra power spring kit available for the Red Ryder, IIRC it just about doubles the fps. Same spring would probably work in the Buck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m not proud to admit this but for a while in my late 20s I lived on some rural land right beside a river. I might have thrown a lot of bud light bottles in that river and shot them with a red ryder BB gun. Probably more bottles would have sunk before getting to the a gulf I’d I’d put a red dot on it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Bayonet?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Bad thing is the low power makes it more dangerous in a way. Damn bb’s will bounce off cans sometimes.
View Quote

I got a Marksman 1010 for Christmas when I was 8. (1911 lookalike with spring piston action and 2" tipup barrel).
We're talking something like 180fps here. BBs were like tracers, you could watch them home in on the target.
I shot plastic Solo cups in my basement shooting gallery, and the Solo cups could shoot back. Fortunately I already wore glasses.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I cut the stock down on a Daisy for the kids when they were young.  I also bought another one for when they got older.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13Joker] [#17]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522246/IMG_0475_jpeg-3205284.JPG

View Quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293564078612?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=jIk_dmnLTHS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=FuAw_AsARyC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited with link for the buck model
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn.  Thread title was making me hope someone customized a CMP 1911
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Phillbilly:
Bayonet?
View Quote

I like the way you think. This project might evolve.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Code_Name_Eric] [#20]
That's cool. Very much like the one I got on my 10th birthday back in '74, although mine had a plastic stock, no forend, just like yours. It wasn't long before my inquisitive mind wondered what would happen if you cocked the lever, left it down and fired it that way. I found out. I understand there's a safety on them now, ha ha. I put thousands of BBs through that thing before I moved up to a Ted Williams branded pump BB/pellet gun a year or so later.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#21]
hold my beer

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#22]
The power upgrade would make it safer. It’s for the children! Maybe a clamp on bipod and light?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Beat me to the bipod.
Top Top