Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Rock6,
i'm very curious on how the women who weren't infantry performed in their MOS.
View Quote

About the same percentage as men, but much does depend on the MOS.  There are still shitbags regardless of gender.  I mostly dealt with young female officers and I had a few that were absolute studs physically and mentally.  They were all on my staff and I depended on them heavily to do those support functions and they delivered.  

I worked with a female SGM, paratrooper from Fort Bragg, who was as hard as woodpecker lips.  She wasn't a door-kicker, but earned her respect from both lower enlisted, NCOs and officers.  

I've also had young female officers get booted for various issues involving poor judgment and lacking the necessary competency skills required.

But I agree, there are some places they simply are suited for and it's not always about their capability...it's just that many don't have the requisite physical skills and those that do know better.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Rock6,

man thats crazy!!!  Were you in the military?  I'm not being facetious, but honest.  It is absurd to me that we allow any slack at all in the grunts.  I mean AT ALL.  I hate to say this, and his memorial is in Michigan and he was a great Marine, but a Marine in my platoon died because he didn't belong on point.  He didn't belong there but ended up there.  I'll bet there are some folks reading this that know what I mean.  It usually doesn't call for payment but it does sometime.  This Marine never belonged on point because he simply wasn't cut for that job.  I'm alive because I was switched out for that mission.  I'm not saying anything by it but it weighs on me.  This sIin't a place for girls at all.  This is but one small figment of why my mind will be tortured to eternity.   I thank God and I pray to Him everyday to help me for everything I did for those who didn't and for a country I fought for.  Dont let out little girls carry this.  This is a man thing.
View Quote

This was but one mission out of hundreds. Every day unless your were on QRF or OPs.... Dont let your daughters do this shit.  Let the men fight and die as we were DESIGNED to do.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock6,

If half the guys cant hack it, we better be ready with out AR-15s.  We will need them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Rock6,

If half the guys cant hack it, we better be ready with out AR-15s.  We will need them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dont let your daughters do this shit.  Let the men fight and die as we were DESIGNED to do.
View Quote

I don't disagree with this at all...
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#6]
@Rock6

I'm with you, and if my unborn children (within this year hopefully!) want to fight I wont tell them no, and i'm sure I would be the biggest supporter right up to combat arms for the girls.  We have enough men we can send before we send our girls.  Send every last MAM before we send one girl to combat ( in know thats dumb, but you get my point in combat).
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
“Most young men” have never joined the military. Even when you were in “back when it was hard ;)” less than 2% of American males were in the military.
View Quote

Within that 2% only 12% of them make it until retirement IIRC. I am happy to be among them and am very proud of that achievement. I do not think I could or would do it again though. Especially in this environment.
ETA: 5100!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Are we talking about crime?  I'll have you know the smallest portion of the military (Marines YUT) causes the highest percentage of crimes (YUT)
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
how does anyone actually get a "post count?"  I'v tried a few times and get worn out after like 10 or so...no idea how yall do it
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#11]
If you went to GHS  I was one of your JROTC Instructors. Maybe we could talk again sometimes. You aren't the only one from those years who went through that and all are having to figure out their own way of dealing with it. Fighting the rest of the world and alcohol has proven to be a fast rolling freight train to some stage of hell. I'm still out in the woods south of the Tenn River. Look me up - would be good to see you again.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I worked with military recruiters at the local High School for about 20 years.
They had to use all kinds of methods of persuasion to get them to join. I would guess that a small percentage would join on their own.
And don’t ask me my opinion of some recruiters. And I’m a pro military guy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well at least you're drunk after midnight.
View Quote
Yes, it's very apparent.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I worked with military recruiters at the local High School for about 20 years.
They had to use all kinds of methods of persuasion to get them to join. I would guess that a small percentage would join on their own.
And don’t ask me my opinion of some recruiters. And I’m a pro military guy.
View Quote

My visited the recruiter with a few friends when in HS and it's getting harder for any kid who has ever been diagnosed with ADHD or any other behavior disorder and was prescribed medication.  It's almost impossible to enlist (at the time, it may have changed).  The policy was that you had to have been off any of those medications for a year and you had to show a year's worth of grades that supported it.  Needless to say the other two individuals never got to enlist...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sarcasm?  I've been out for just over 10.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sarcasm?  I've been out for just over 10.....

You've been out for over 10 years and are going to tell us all about what the military is becoming?

How about some of you guys turn the fucking TV off for a few minutes and realize the images you are having pumped into your brain don't always translate accurately into what's happening on ground. Some of you guys are so easily afflicted with confirmation bias you will translate a change regarding .000005% of a million strong force into a thought that everyone and everything is somehow now that way.  GD is an IO planner's fucking wet dream.

Quoted:
Well if anyone else shoots people for digging holes

Jesus Christ, there it is.

You yearn for a return to how things were, and then can't get over how things used to be.

It's called projection. I highly suggest you stop drinking and go talk to somebody about what your issue really are. I'm 99% sure they aren't anything being talked about in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well if anyone else shoots people for digging holes
View Quote

I called in more people digging holes and was told to continue to monitor, only to watch the next Turkish convoy get hit the next day.  If you got to shoot them you were doing the Lord's work.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I’ll echo what most of the military members and several others in this thread have said: you need to talk to someone about what’s eating at you and you need to do it soon.  Your posts are shooting up red star clusters left and right.

Please call the local vet center or VA NLT 1200 today and make an appointment.

You owe it to your wife, your unborn children, and your brothers in arms you left behind.

Go look at Ed Sr.’s tacked thread on page one and call a counselor immediately if you are thinking dark thoughts.

Report back after you’ve gotten some help. Self medicating isn’t. God Bless. Make your own luck.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#18]
But your statement is true of all past years as well.  Military life is not what most want
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#19]
If they don't want to be there, I'd just as soon they didn't enlist. We have enough worthless turds to deal with in the "current year" military, we don't need any more.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Serving in the Armed Forces is a job now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#21]
News flash, recruits now are still “gwot age”. I am on a gwot deployment right now. My first was 18 years ago. There are still young people doing what needs to be done in spite of your modern greatest generation fantasy
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thats my statement, and i'm sticking to it.

Never met a woman who could hack it in my unit ( fallujah 06-07 grunts)
never met a woman who could out perform any grunt male on a PFT (LOL... 20 pullups?  its a competition all the time... winner is in the 40+)
Fireman carry one man in his gear, just once.
Shit/Piss in something other than a man-made thing (porta-potty)
hump a damn day assault weight
hump anything besides a dick
glad im out, and I was just a nasty used up tampon in the GWOT circus 2006.
Semper Fidelis, or flick the beanus, whatever.  

Luke

Edit:  Men do not want to join the miliitary because of the above.  The government has done all it can to make sure real Americans dont join.  Fight me.
View Quote

I never joined due to my personal attitude. I would have killed someone before the end of boot. I just can't stand being given orders. PERIOD. Yell at me and you get a fist in the face. It would not have gone well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Most young men have never wanted to join the military
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I never joined due to my personal attitude. I would have killed someone before the end of boot. I just can't stand being given orders. PERIOD. Yell at me and you get a fist in the face. It would not have gone well.
View Quote

Lolololol no
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

4/10 troll
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#26]
What. Join the military are you kidding me. I'm too smart for that. My snapchat is my life. I can give the appearance of doing kickass stuff without having to actually DO anything hard.

Check this shit out. How fucking sick is this? I can even tell you what you need! What qualifications do I have? Have you seen that amount of youtube subscriptions I have? Why would you even insinuate I don't know what I'm talking about?

Look at these stupid assholes. Getting paid shit money, eating decade old food, not showering, DYING. That looks miserable as hell. Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#27]
i agree with the statement most young men do not want to join the military

but...

if it was necessary, due to something like a real war (not WOT, not vietnam, not first gulf war) most young men would do there duty as they saw fit and join up

my entire life, the mil has been taking young men and sending them overseas for reasons other than the safety of this nation. vietnam is the prime example in my life. and that little expeditionary force radicalized an entire generation and is the basis for a lot of the left leaning bullshit we deal with today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They may be letting more of those faggots in. But most people attracted to the military are not communists lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have to be a purple haired tranny lesbian to get into the military these days.

They may be letting more of those faggots in. But most people attracted to the military are not communists lol.

It was a joke, mostly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I joined out of patriotism, but that was a different age.   I was young and naive.  

I learned 5 years later, that my own Government was actively discriminating against me.   It’s only gotten worse since that time.

How do you rationalize those two statements?     What do I tell my son?    

A society that can’t convince it’s young men to serve, is doomed to fall.   We’re in Big trouble.    The entire Western world is in big trouble.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

never met a woman who could out perform any grunt male on a PFT (LOL... 20 pullups?  its a competition all the time... winner is in the 40+)

Luke

Edit:  Men do not want to join the miliitary because of the above.  The government has done all it can to make sure real Americans dont join.  Fight me.

Always one badass in these threads.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#31]
The Blitz clan will have one shipping out to San Diego at the end of this month, MOS is Infantry.

We're proud of him, but I'm a little nervous, considering the current government.  Definitely not worried about whether or not he can hack it though.

Hope everything works out for you OP.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#32]
If I was 18 again,  in 2021, no I would not want to join, all the bullshit would not be worth it. I can get the same BS and be paid more in the corp world.
If I was 18 again, in 1984, fuck yea I would join. We had a clear enemy, and it wasn't from within.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Did OP’s “I am admitting publicly to committing  Geneva Conventions violations” thread get nuked?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#34]
While I respect those who’ve served, and am fascinated by military gear and history, I never had any desire to join.
(And no, not because I’m a tough guy rebel who’d punch a drill sergeant. It just didn’t appeal to me.)

As for the gripes about women, I saw the same thing on both the PD and FD.
Most of them were useless, couldn’t be counted on, and had no business being there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Blitz clan will have one shipping out to San Diego at the end of this month, MOS is Infantry.

We're proud of him, but I'm a little nervous, considering the current government.  Definitely not worried about whether or not he can hack it though.

Hope everything works out for you OP.

View Quote

My son is in OSUT at Benning right now. I weep for his future.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Given how it is now, I can't blame them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Luke

View Quote

Since only 26% of the American population is eligible for the military, I would say your statement is correct.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s been a while since we’ve as a society celebrated American Exceptionalism.  I think this plays into it bigly.

All through the 80s we had movies about American Exceptionalism.  How our country did it faster, stronger, better than anyone else.  It is an appealing message and people want to be part of it.

Now we have tv/movie about the downfall of the country or how the US isn’t as great as it once was or how the American way is holding back certain segments, etc.  Combined with who’s running the country and the joke they’ve made of many aspects, the appeal isn’t the same to the ones who actually aspire to be part of something exceptional.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I run a BDE 6 shop. Based on my new E2 I just got I have no faith in the future generation being able to actually fight. Guy shows up to formations with a latte. Every day there are less of us combat veterans left and more slick sleeves around.

After I retire I want a really big war to start. That way after I get recalled I can come back and make every one cry because I hurt their feelings.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Luke

View Quote

I'll allow you to explain how pull-ups relate to combat effectiveness.

After you attempt to justify I'll explain why, from a physiological perspective, they're a waste of time and pointless for our military.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#41]
The reason they try and recruit young people is because they haven no sense of history and can be easily fooled. Of course, part of it is that young people are generally more fit. There are some who just like it but at some point, how many times can one be fooled into the same old, you are fighting for your country mantra and not see it is bullshit. I hate when guys are being manipulated and used. If it was that important, every gov. weenie should be first in line.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#42]
If the military was the same as it was during the early-GWOT era, I would have joined. I was too young, and have no desire to now because of all that has changed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did OP's "I am admitting publicly to committing  Geneva Conventions violations" thread get nuked?
View Quote

seems like it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure thing buddy.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#47]
The guys I most admire are the ones who have done a tour, see what it's about, and eyes wide open, stay in until retirement. Without them, we would be in deep doo doo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, "most young men" today are pussies who have never been challenged or told "no", ever, in their measly lives.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What. Join the military are you kidding me. I'm too smart for that. My snapchat is my life. I can give the appearance of doing kickass stuff without having to actually DO anything hard.

Check this shit out. How fucking sick is this? I can even tell you what you need! What qualifications do I have? Have you seen that amount of youtube subscriptions I have? Why would you even insinuate I don't know what I'm talking about?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0GrwiHJv3iw/maxresdefault.jpg

Look at these stupid assholes. Getting paid shit money, eating decade old food, not showering, DYING. That looks miserable as hell. Fuck all that.
https://api.army.mil/e2/c/-images/2009/08/06/47289/army.mil-47289-2009-08-07-090841.jpg
View Quote

In that second photo, the ANA dude in the top right corner is calling his Taliban cousin Najibullah to tell him they're coming.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top