User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always wanted the Blade Runner gun
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I'm back from the range and what a hoot this revolver is to shoot. Just like I remember, almost no muzzle flip at all with 38spl and very very little with 357 magnum. It liked the 158gr. 357 magnum the best which is what was shot in the target below. That 6 shot group at 15 yards was the average throughout the entire range session. Ammo used was 158gr. 38spl Ultramax, Perfecta 158gr. 357 magnum and Remington 125gr. 357 magnum. A total of 150 rounds was shot through it today.

This thing is not only very accurate, but it's really fun to shoot! I never let it cool down shooting one cylinder after another. The trigger was consistent and smooth in DA and SA shooting. Recoil is definitely there since you can't cheat physics, but it's not punishing in the slightest. It's just a different experience and a pleasant one at that. Overall I'm very happy with my newest addition to the collection.

This is DA shooting with 158gr. Perfecta ammo at 15 yards. That flyer was all me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for the guys that wanted a range report.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I considered buying one. I asked Grant Cunningham about them. I consider him an unimpeachable resource on revolvers even if his tolerance of liberal vermin rankles me.

He said they are Rube Goldberg machines internally and should not be depended on for anything other than fun.

I ended up buying a Glock.
View Quote
Just look at this pic from the Firing Line.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]

For comparison . . .

6"586-2  and custom 5" 686-4

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I lost interest several years ago when a gunsmith posted here about a customer bringing him an internally cocked Rhino when the cocking piece became disconnected from the hammer.

Wouldn't fire, wouldn't open, wouldn't decock.

Hope you enjoy yours, OP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd be interested if it was chambered in a useful field cartridge.

I don't see the appeal of a small bore revolver other than a kit gun.
View Quote
One of the most absurd posts I've ever  seen in GD.
Has to be a
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Chiappa_Lockwork_JPG-480231.jpgJust look at this pic from the Firing Line.
View Quote
The anti-gun dickweed Yankee Marshall did a side by side on the parts and there is ONE additional part over a traditional revolver.

It works more or less the same.

Looks like midget chinese elves would need to put this clockwork contraption together.    OMG it's obviously going to break!

There are some issues that come up with the Rhinos for sure, but "it just fails because it has lots of parts" is not the reason.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The anti-gun dickweed Yankee Marshall did a side by side on the parts and there is ONE additional part over a traditional revolver.

It works more or less the same.

https://loungecdn.luckygunner.com/lounge/media/revolver-guts-2.jpg

Looks like midget chinese elves would need to put this clockwork contraption together.    OMG it's obviously going to break!

There are some issues that come up with the Rhinos for sure, but "it just fails because it has lots of parts" is not the reason.
View Quote
the S&W DA revolver has been a very reliable design for over 100 years.

This has a lot of parts inside, but is also very reliable...

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I enjoy my 50DS in .357

The grip angle takes some getting use to.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#11]
as to movie/tv props i'd want a working version of the lemat from westworld. looking at it from hbo its been converted to use modern rounds..

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have plenty of standard revolvers in different flavors. It's nice to be able to buy and shoot something away from the norm. Nice revolvers btw!
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd like to have one since it seems like one of those quirky type things that people in the future will want to have as a collectable novelty - kinda like the gyro jet pistol.

Nice pistol op
View Quote
I still kick myself from time to time for not buying the gyro jet I saw for sale in 1992 or 1993. A neat conversation piece, but ammunition would be impossible to find. The pistol I saw came with 8 or 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wanted one after playing Alien Isolation, since the revolver was based on it and the Mateba. I think I'd be happier with a S&W 686 or Ruger GP-100, though.

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/130/images/57317-1-1414575629.jpg
View Quote
I know that's a CGI, but it sure looks like zinc instead of steel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I’d like a rhino
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine has been great. Nice smooth action. In single action, it shoots clovers.

Other ones in what I consider the "SciFi Movie guns" part of my collection.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Cool, not my cup of tea but thanks for informing us. I have wondered about them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I want one with the 6" barrel and the top mounted optic rail, so I can set it up like a 90s Euro SWAT revolver, with scope and bipod.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool looking gun.

If I had the cash to burn I’d buy a Mateba.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I do not see a lot of people that shot one and have a Neg opinion.

i have a 40DS and it is a blast to shoot.

accurate, soft recoil and my trigger is fine
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
See if it shoots nice little groups, get back to us, good or bad.
View Quote
Yup.  If it ain't accurate, who gives a crap?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top