Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2024 4:47:52 PM EDT
I'm officially "OLD" LOL...so old that I bought a a Cadillac...no, not a plain jane Caddy...but one of those fancy supercharged 668 HP 6-speed manual sedans...the 2024 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing!
One of the last cars with a manual. Drives AMAZING! So crazily impressed with it! I had no intentions of tracking it...but...got invited to the upcoming V-Club Track Day at COTA so...looks like I'm going back on track! Fun times ahead!!

Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Comfort and performance. Seems like a good combination.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
Comfort and performance. Seems like a good combination.
View Quote

Cheers to that!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:54:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]
If that car makes you old I want my balls to slap my knees when I walk. Awesome car.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice ride! Love the color.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I drove a red one a month or so ago. I was impressed
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful car. I think Cadillac really hit it out of the park with all the V cars. I have been longing for a V wagon for a while.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice

I have had  a couple Cadis and loved them all. I get to drive a CT6 Premio model and really like it and would really love to try the CT5.

I suspect I would get in a lot of trouble with the V model though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:38:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: housewolf] [#8]
Beautiful car OP, congratulations!

As an unenthusiastic member of the poors, I'm resigned to owning a V2 (2013). I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice! Looks like a ton of fun!
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome car!
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 6:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain_Buddha] [#13]
Thank you all! It's a blast! The wife literally badgered me into getting the manual LOL...she's still pissed that I got rid of the C7Z with a 7-speed manual LOL....now she's happy!

I was going to buy the manual anyway...it's really "one of the last manuals" out there.

It's a staggered tire setup: Front: 275/35R19, Rear: 305/30R19

Comes with Michelin Pilot 4S....maybe I'll put some Cup 2 tires on there??? LOVE those tires!
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome car.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Cadillac's put out some wierd-lookin' cars over the last couple of decades. That... ain't one of them. Looks mean and comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
We have owned a 2016 ATS-V with recaro package since new. Alpha and Alpha 2 are great vehicle platforms.
Congrat's

The Pilot Sport 4S tires are pretty good you just have to watch out if you get freezing temperatures where you live because the rubber on the tire tread cracks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
We have owned a 2016 ATS-V with recaro package since new. Alpha and Alpha 2 are great vehicle platforms.
Congrat's

The Pilot Sport 4S tires are pretty good you just have to watch out if you get freezing temperatures where you live because the rubber on the tire tread cracks.
View Quote

Yes, copy that that on the tires...my previous daily had Cup 2 Michelins....those are an absolute no-go when it's freezing!

So - for those that doubt freezing tires and cracks on super soft tires - saw it firsthand - we were racing at Homestead Miami in January...some of the Pirelli race tires came from the Chicago warehouse versus the Georgia one...yeah, we had cracks...MASSIVE put a paint scraper in the crack style of cracks! started on the outside area of the tire and up onto the sidewall...these developed before we put them on the car. And fortunately we had more than enough good tires from the George location. The distributor covered all of the cracked tires and made it right. But I had NEVER seen such a crazy case of cracking!
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: housewolf] [#19]
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
Congrat's

View Quote
My son has an ATS V coupe. I thought my CTS V handled pretty well (for a 4,300# car) until I drove his. That thing goes like it's on rails. I'm about 1/2 step quicker in a straight line, he has beaten me but not since I got drag radials.he does trap (118 vs 116) higher though
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#20]
Originally Posted By housewolf:
My son has an ATS V coupe. I thought my CTS V handled pretty well (for a 4,300# car) until I drove his. That thing goes like it's on rails. I'm about 1/2 step quicker in a straight line, he has beaten me but not since I got drag radials.he does trap (118 vs 116) higher though
View Quote

Same with the Ct6, its like its not only on rails but you can put a needle on the front of the car and put it were ever you want. Ours is no where as near as fast as any of the Vs though, its is pretty quick, just not that quick.

Apparently BMW thought the Cadi steering system is so good, they use it too, its an updated Magna power steering system that Cadi has been using for a long time now, I never liked the early systems but the new ones are incredible. BMW actually uses a lot of parts from Cadillac/Delphi, but most people dont know or understand that a car is just a sum of sub assemblies.

Also, our Ct6 rode kind of strange on michellins so we switched to some kind of goodyear and its really nice. We have also noted that if you get some funny shifting, have them pick up the car and re flash the memory and the shifting issue will go away instantly. This does not apply to those of you with manuals.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#21]
That’s a nice car!  How much did it set you back?

Nothing like blowing the doors off a two door with a four door.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By housewolf:
View Quote

We had a CTS Sigma platform totally different cars and feel. Just a tune on that ATS with with Sunoco 94 should get him an additional 105ft lbs. After that it is expensive to mod
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RhinelandArms:

Same with the Ct6, its like its not only on rails but you can put a needle on the front of the car and put it were ever you want. Ours is no where as near as fast as any of the Vs though, its is pretty quick, just not that quick.

Apparently BMW thought the Cadi steering system is so good, they use it too, its an updated Magna power steering system that Cadi has been using for a long time now, I never liked the early systems but the new ones are incredible. BMW actually uses a lot of parts from Cadillac/Delphi, but most people dont know or understand that a car is just a sum of sub assemblies.

Also, our Ct6 rode kind of strange on michellins so we switched to some kind of goodyear and its really nice. We have also noted that if you get some funny shifting, have them pick up the car and re flash the memory and the shifting issue will go away instantly. This does not apply to those of you with manuals.
View Quote

Cadillac uses   ZF Lenksysteme steering on the Alpha cars.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Love the color. And the manual.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#25]
2016 ATS-V Recaro and carbon fiber package

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:46:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#26]
Cadillac uses   ZF Lenksysteme steering on the Alpha cars
View Quote

Cool, I did not know that, but I never get to do anything with the Vs-just know they are fast and fun.

That 2016 ATV is super cool looking too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Cool, I did not know that, but I never get to do anything with the Vs-just know they are fast and fun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Cadillac uses   ZF Lenksysteme steering on the Alpha cars

My son's ATS coupe next to my CTS sedan. We swap cars occasionally and oddly enough, I think he'd go for a permanent swap. I've been tempted, but over the time I think he'd regret it. He travels quite a bit and whines about the cost of fuel. The ATS gets about twice the gas mileage mine does.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
OP, I'll bet no one will complain if ya share some more photos.

That color is just stunning, and I'd love to see what it looks like in sun light.
View Quote

Thank you! Hopefully I'll have some good pics from this upcoming weekend at COTA!
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
That’s a nice car!  How much did it set you back?

Nothing like blowing the doors off a two door with a four door.
View Quote

Thank you. It's a six figure car, unfortunately...but it's VERY fast, fortunately!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I had ZERO intentions of ever tracking this car...but...there's always a BUTT, right? LOL!! My buddy Andi and I got an invite from the Cadillac V-Club to be their guest at COTA this past weekend. Who am I to refuse hospitality like that!!??!! Andi has a 2022 (#711) and mine is #59, both comparably equipped (he has the carbon ceramic brakes though). We both have extensive track experience at COTA and other tracks along with w2w racing...we had a BLAST out there!! There were 40 cars from the V-Club at the event along with other cars (part of The Driver's Edge - the host for the event). Andi and I were the only two Blackwings in the Advanced group (open passing with point by, no instructor, etc). Our last session was ABSOLUTE MAGIC out there! We lined up first on the grid and we had five straight laps of pure TRACK BLISS before catching lapped traffic. So much fun! Other than melting some tires (had a nice 4-wheel drift / slip angle going every lap through the carousel!) the only downer was that my A/C stopped working! After a day at the track in the heat it was a REALLY long / hot 3.5 hour drive back to DFW!!! Fortunately I had a cooler with me and I dipped my cooling towel in there every now and then and wrapped it around my neck...windows down, sunroof open...whew!! Taking it in tomorrow.... ooops! LOL!

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Shame about the A?C but that looks like a ton of fun. I think the new Caddy's V series is one of the best looking saloons in a long time. Great looking car OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Knightzone:
Shame about the A?C but that looks like a ton of fun. I think the new Caddy's V series is one of the best looking saloons in a long time. Great looking car OP.
View Quote

Thank you! I took it in to the dealer this morning, asked the service advisor to hop in...and roll the windows up....LOL...he did hop in, "yeah, that's blowing HOT!" LOL So, he thinks it my be an electronics thing, will see, it's under warranty...aorund 900 miles on the clock...

My buddy Andi got one a few years ago and I was REALLY intrigued...he also has a Porsche GT3 track toy that he melts tires on...so when he told me that the car impressed HIM, it definitely got my attention! One of my favorite things on the car - there's a little knob / lever on the steering wheel, for your right thumb...you can dial up or down the aggression level of the "nannies" (PTM / Performance Traction Management) on demand / on the track, it's a HOOT!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
She's one FINE looking machine.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Sweet.  I’d rather have one of those than a vette at this point.    How much?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a 2019 ats v, and previously had a 2017 ats v, and a 2012 cts v. I love them all, and will admit my cts v was faster in a straight line, but the ats v is king of the curves. Great cars all. Beautiful car OP.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#37]
COTA? Careful is you go into town. The hippie dust floats around everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BoatBuilder:
I have a 2019 ats v, and previously had a 2017 ats v, and a 2012 cts v. I love them all, and will admit my cts v was faster in a straight line, but the ats v is king of the curves. Great cars all. Beautiful car OP.
View Quote

They are all crazy cool cars! thank you!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By zach_:
COTA? Careful is you go into town. The hippie dust floats around everywhere.
View Quote

LOL there is TRUTH there! I avoid the town part as much as possible...usually stay in one of the hotels somewhat near the track (by the airport)...close as I get is Buda...have been downtown once or twice...when I did NASCAR there we partied on 6th street for a bit...was very, very light on the alcohol though...the team owner was hitting it HARD...I had to beg off early....in retrospect, I should've hit it HARD too...because I did hit the wall fairly hard LOL!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Sweet.  I’d rather have one of those than a vette at this point.    How much?
View Quote

I actually traded my '23 C8 HTC Z51 in for it. With zero regrets. They have around the same sticker depending on options.

https://www.cadillac.com/sedans/ct5-v-blackwing
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ming_The_Merciless] [#41]
No

or

stickers?  

Still a Very Cool (& Fast Car!)

Would love to find a V-Wagon for my horde...
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome car and I'm jealous.  I've been thinking about getting one but waiting for the 2025 refresh to come out.

Sounds like a blast, and will be one of the last great V8/RWD/manual cars available.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
Awesome car and I'm jealous.  I've been thinking about getting one but waiting for the 2025 refresh to come out.

Sounds like a blast, and will be one of the last great V8/RWD/manual cars available.
View Quote

Thank you! The 2025 - with that interior screen - crazy wild!
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Captain_Buddha:
I had ZERO intentions of ever tracking this car...but...there's always a BUTT, right? LOL!! My buddy Andi and I got an invite from the Cadillac V-Club to be their guest at COTA this past weekend. Who am I to refuse hospitality like that!!??!! Andi has a 2022 (#711) and mine is #59, both comparably equipped (he has the carbon ceramic brakes though). We both have extensive track experience at COTA and other tracks along with w2w racing...we had a BLAST out there!! There were 40 cars from the V-Club at the event along with other cars (part of The Driver's Edge - the host for the event). Andi and I were the only two Blackwings in the Advanced group (open passing with point by, no instructor, etc). Our last session was ABSOLUTE MAGIC out there! We lined up first on the grid and we had five straight laps of pure TRACK BLISS before catching lapped traffic. So much fun! Other than melting some tires (had a nice 4-wheel drift / slip angle going every lap through the carousel!) the only downer was that my A/C stopped working! After a day at the track in the heat it was a REALLY long / hot 3.5 hour drive back to DFW!!! Fortunately I had a cooler with me and I dipped my cooling towel in there every now and then and wrapped it around my neck...windows down, sunroof open...whew!! Taking it in tomorrow.... ooops! LOL!

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/tempimagegttujd-png.458642/

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/tempimage5sslxd-png.458643/

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/tempimageltu2ld-png.458644/

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/tempimagelc8dm8-png.458645/

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/tempimagebrszwb-png.458646/

https://www.texasguntalk.com/attachments/cota-group13-jpg.458647/
View Quote

First and third pic make it look like a Civic Type R without a wing.
The rear quarter glass is basically identical.
Did the same people design the body of these things?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nsl:

First and third pic make it look like a Civic Type R without a wing.
The rear quarter glass is basically identical.
Did the same people design the body of these things?
View Quote

You caught me! I bought a Honka Civil Type gRrrrr and rebadged it with Caddy emblems!! The shame I must now endure... LOL How will I ever survive?

Thanks for pointing that out, it is very much appreciated....maybe post up your collection and I'm sure I can find some really nice things to say too? Just kidding...not worth it....but yeah, I don't like every angle of it, some truth to it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:54:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CanaryCamaro] [#46]
Good looking car!  I’ve got a friend who works for GM and he was one of the lead engineers on the Black Wing.  He just drove one in the One Lap Across America thing.

Also, you a Peter Gregg fan?
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
Good looking car!  I’ve got a friend who works for GM and he was one of the lead engineers on the Black Wing.  He just drove one in the One Lap Across America thing.

Also, you a Peter Gregg fan?
View Quote

Thank you! Please tell your friend that he and his team HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK with the Wing!!! I have some friends who may know him (re One Lap). I do have a little issue....the AC Compressor EXPLODED...and it's waiting on parts, national backorder...been at the dealer for a week and a day so far....I'm JONESING for the WING! I've got a loaner but not a "fun" loaner LOL!!

Yes, definitely a fan of Peter and Hurley and Brumos - more on that in a bit! That's not why I have 59 though....59 was my Moto X number in high school in the 80's....then when I did my first Auto X I needed a number so you see the original number plate (59 SS - for Super Stock) from 12-13 years ago. My first race car (ASA/GTA tube frame - think Super Late Model for road racing) was #13 so I kept that when I started racing SCCA Club in GT2 - "Lucky #13" for me! Then when I went to the Trans Am Series in TA2 the #13 was taken so I went with my old number, #59....here's where it all gets FUN! The team I was on, TRB Autosport / Derhaag - guess who was also #59 (in TA, so no conflicts)....? Simon Gregg! Yes, Peter's son!! Pretty wild! We were on the same team for a few years, really cool guy! I eventually got #13 when that driver retired from the series. Some pix attached. You can see Simon's TA car (red white & blue) next to mine in the shop, getting worked on / prepped.

Link Posted: Yesterday 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Captain_Buddha:

You caught me! I bought a Honka Civil Type gRrrrr and rebadged it with Caddy emblems!! The shame I must now endure... LOL How will I ever survive?

Thanks for pointing that out, it is very much appreciated....maybe post up your collection and I'm sure I can find some really nice things to say too? Just kidding...not worth it....but yeah, I don't like every angle of it, some truth to it.
View Quote

Not trying to degrade your car.
The reason that I pointed it out is because I actually own a 2023 Type R in a lighter shade of blue and I, of course, see it every day.
Looks very similar (at least in pics) at certain angles.
Wish mine had a V8 and all wheel drive instead of just front wheel drive and a 4 cylinder.
Hell, I just wish it was all wheel drive.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Top Top